Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1336934149' post='2967009']
I know what you are trying to do here, but stretch it too much and it will snap. I'm sure you get what I'm saying.
[/quote]

You can't play both sides. It doesn't work that way.

Edited by IYIyTh

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1336929966' post='2966994']
Thanks for the links. Planet Bob Wikia is super slow and not loading; plus too lazy to do further searches here.

Good luck to you guys in the coming months.
[/quote]

So instead of waiting for the wiki to come back up, you opted for blatant speculation.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1336923390' post='2966971']
We all see events differently, that much is certain. Perhaps the phrase I used was to harsh but one should expect a diplomatic response when you target someone in the sphere of our oldest ally.

We agree on this and my Order wishes the Entente the best.
[/quote]

I'm not really sure why it comes as a surprise to you as it's been broadcasted for months and this proves what I was thinking was right in terms of the reason for the cnacellation.

I mean, while the contents of PB's forums/channels have been leaked to some extent by the alliance that left it, it'd be more interesting if DH's were as well since you'd find some overlap since VE's positions on it(someone in the sphere of your closest ally) aren't unique to VE at all regardless of what they might be telling you or having different short-term plans.

But I don't really get why it's cause for an ODP cancellation alone since you can't expect even all of your MDoAP allies to have similar interests for ever and they'll usually clash in similar manners at some point. That's when happens when you're treatied to multiple spheres of influence.

Like I said before, standards aren't being applied equally.

lol Centurius saying "I very much doubt [you have an idea]"

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336952166' post='2967074']
I'm not really sure why it comes as a surprise to you as it's been broadcasted for months and this proves what I was thinking was right in terms of the reason for the cnacellation.

I mean, while the contents of PB's forums/channels have been leaked to some extent by the alliance that left it, it'd be more interesting if DH's were as well since you'd find some overlap since VE's positions on it(someone int he sphere of your closest ally) aren't unique to VE at all regardless of what they might be telling you or different short-term plans.

Like I said before, standards aren't being applied equally.

lol Centurius saying "I very much doubt [you have an idea]"
[/quote]

You're still quite off.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1336953197' post='2967083']
You're still quite off.
[/quote]

Given Feanor's statement, I don't really see that being the case. I know who he's talking about since it's heavily implied who it is, unless you're saying he's lying. I know you like to have an air of secrecy surrounding your dealings in general, which isn't that interesting in itself, but most people know.

It also matches up with Yevgeni's statement of "the last few weeks have been hard on the relationship," since that's when the event took place.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336953423' post='2967084']
Given Feanor's statement, I don't really see that being the case. I know who he's talking about since it's heavily implied who it is, unless you're saying he's lying. I know you like to have an air of secrecy surrounding your dealings in general, which isn't that interesting in itself, but most people know.

It also matches up with Yevgeni's statement of "the last few weeks have been hard on the relationship," since that's when the event took place.
[/quote]

Oh no Feanor is right, it just isn't the full reason for the cancellation.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1336953487' post='2967085']
Oh no Feanor is right, it just isn't the full reason for the cancellation.
[/quote]

All right, then. Sorry.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1336955150' post='2967092']
Hard to surprise omnipotence right?
[/quote]
No, it's just been a long time coming and recent events brought it to a conclusion.

See, the thing people don't get is it's not hard figure out this stuff and most of the people know anyway, they just don't say they do. The OWF is just a massive spectacle and most of the people who care will know some of the reasoning behind 90% of announcements.

In this instance, the antagonism cited predates the signing of the VE-TOP treaty, which is why it didn't make sense to sign to begin with.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336952166' post='2967074']
But I don't really get why it's cause for an ODP cancellation alone since you can't expect even all of your MDoAP allies to have similar interests for ever and they'll usually clash in similar manners at some point. That's when happens when you're treatied to multiple spheres of influence.
[/quote]

We only have one sphere. The TOP sphere. :smug:

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336955582' post='2967098']
No, it's just been a long time coming and recent events brought it to a conclusion.

See, the thing people don't get is it's not hard figure out this stuff and most of the people know anyway, they just don't say they do. The OWF is just a massive spectacle and most of the people who care will know some of the reasoning behind 90% of announcements.

In this instance, the antagonism cited predates the signing of the VE-TOP treaty, which is why it didn't make sense to sign to begin with.
[/quote]
I still don't know whats going on, please enlighten me.

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1336960985' post='2967133']
I still don't know whats going on, please enlighten me.
[/quote]

VE doesn't like alliance X that is tied to an ally of TOP's. This dislike is common to more alliances than just VE

"Move that won't be tolerated."(designs on alliance x are exposed)

Cancellation.

Simple enough? Someone said there's more to it, but that's an element.

That one is just one step in a series of events. Its all good though, we are still on friendly terms and intend to remain that way.
Personally, I wish everyone would pick a sphere and dedicate their resources to strengthening their sphere. This would make the world an easier place for all involved.
Anyone that knows TOP knows that our friends mean everything to us. And that we aren't in the habit of cancelling our treaties without just cause. Everything we do is discussed among everyone active on our forums before any decision is ever made. Losing our VE tie wasn't an easy decision, but it happened.

Something I mentioned earlier about picking a sphere and devoting all resources to that sphere. Wouldn't the game be better for everyone if we all picked a side and didn't try to play both sides at the same time? Make sense?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1336915447' post='2966931']
Those licking their chops at the thought of a medium-rare, prime cut Entente entree are going to be sorely disappointed when the waiter comes out with stir-fry and a !@#$%* beer.
[/quote]

The will of AllahArchon and his prophet Leet will not be subverted by the unbelievers. The fatwa was originally issued by your followers, my dear imam.

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1336962309' post='2967146']
That one is just one step in a series of events. Its all good though, we are still on friendly terms and intend to remain that way.
Personally, I wish everyone would pick a sphere and dedicate their resources to strengthening their sphere. This would make the world an easier place for all involved.

Something I mentioned earlier about picking a sphere and devoting all resources to that sphere. Wouldn't the game be better for everyone if we all picked a side and didn't try to play both sides at the same time? Make sense?
[/quote]

Yes, but your alliance is tied to several atm.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1336964074' post='2967166']
FA directions makes the world better when they are focused among friends
[/quote]

No, politically compatible alliances. You can be good friends with someone, but when their fa spheres are vastly different, then it only stalls political change.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1336915447' post='2966931']
Those licking their chops at the thought of a medium-rare, prime cut Entente entree are going to be sorely disappointed when the waiter comes out with stir-fry and a !@#$%* beer.
[/quote]
Even if the best that can pulled from the eventual corpse of VE is stir-fry and crappy beer it will still be a meal well enjoyed, maybe the scraps can go to the soup kitchen.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336955582' post='2967098']

[/quote]
It's more like 10% rather than 90%. Most people on the OWF only act like they know what they're talking about, and the rest take their words as if it was spoken from an alliance leader.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336964170' post='2967168']
No, politically compatible alliances. You can be good friends with someone, but when their fa spheres are vastly different, then it only stalls political change.
[/quote]

This is quite possibly the only response you've made in any topic that I've ever seen that I didn't think was about 3 lines too long.

This is quite possibly the only response you've made in any topic that I've ever seen that I agreed with.

Hot damn, this is a good topic.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1336964622' post='2967174']
It's more like 10% rather than 90%. Most people on the OWF only act like they know what they're talking about, and the rest take their words as if it was spoken from an alliance leader.
[/quote]

I don't agree here because most stuff gets out before it's posted like PB for instance.

Jake: Well, if it was actually applied, then I'd have gotten everything else I want by now.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336964953' post='2967176']
Jake: Well, if it was actually applied, then I'd have gotten everything else I want by now.
[/quote]

It's the first step on a long journey. However, like all first steps, they must be followed up by a second, and a third, and a fourth.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336961256' post='2967135']
Simple enough? Someone said there's more to it, but that's an element.
[/quote]
[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1336854801' post='2966594']
The list of problems, which occurred during the last war, became a heavy burden on this relationship. A few people here have referenced that. However, the most recent issue is what broke the camel's back.
[/quote]
I don't like quoting myself but I did explain that part already.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1336965260' post='2967179']
I don't like quoting myself but I did explain that part already.
[/quote]

Okay, sorry. Yeah, that's what it seems VE's actions in last war combined with the recent stuff(not really recent, the expose is though since it's been something in the works for a long time.) Get on IRC.