An Announcement from TLR and NPO

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1331094074' post='2934933']
They were relatively independent (whether by choice or not) after Karma and through Bipolar, including fiery rhetoric and belligerence, and that led to DH/NPO. I'm not trying to start a debate about DH/NPO, just pointing this out as a fact.
[/quote]
This is a serious question: When was NPO ever belligerent in the time between, let's say, the end of peace terms and the Doom House attack on NPO?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1331303080' post='2935942']
This is a serious question: When was NPO ever belligerent in the time between, let's say, the end of peace terms to the Doom House attack on NPO?
[/quote]
They didn't bend over far enough for MK...

I do recall them closing their MK embassy, but that's not really a good reason to go to war over.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1331304220' post='2935945']
They didn't bend over far enough for MK...

I do recall them closing their MK embassy, but that's not really a good reason to go to war over.
[/quote]

But that wasn't them being belligerent, it was MKers posting stuff that they didn't like so they closed iirc.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1331304906' post='2935948']
But that wasn't them being belligerent, it was MKers posting stuff that they didn't like so they closed iirc.
[/quote]
NPO once declared war on GPA because a mod deleted a post or closed a thread by Dilber. So if how they deal with foreign guests was enough to get GPA attacked, I'm not really surprised if MK decided to use similiar reasoning to justify another war with NPO. MK seems to be taking from NPO in doing all the things NPO became disliked for, although they probably see nothing wrong with the actions NPO took other than MK being on NPO's bad side when they were in power and don't mind using the same methods NPO used in the past.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1331305270' post='2935949']
NPO once declared war on GPA because a mod deleted a post or closed a thread by Dilber. So if how they deal with foreign guests was enough to get GPA attacked, I'm not really surprised if MK decided to use similiar reasoning to justify another war with NPO. MK seems to be taking from NPO in doing all the things NPO became disliked for, although they probably see nothing wrong with the actions NPO took other than MK being on NPO's bad side when they were in power and don't mind using the same methods NPO used in the past.
[/quote]

I have two problems with that, one being that Dilber (nor many of NPOs administration) was in (or allied to) NPO when the MK embassy was shut down and the other being the age-old argument about the new world order being "better" than the one under NPO (which I really don't want to get into :P )

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1331303080' post='2935942']
This is a serious question: When was NPO ever belligerent in the time between, let's say, the end of peace terms and the Doom House attack on NPO?
[/quote]
This isn't a serious response: The continued existence of pants on the Pacifican Emperor is belligerent against both tradition and fashion, two things we hold very dear in the Kingdom.

This is a serious response for me at least: I think they got really flustered over the SirPaul stuff and the embassy closings.

In addition, once the VE-NpO war began, NPO was very belligerent and it was obvious something was going on with Legion and TPF. Dragging things out for as long as they did was basically asking for it. To qualify what I said about NPO being very belligerent, they basically would taunt every alliance entering on the PB side and praise every alliance entering on the Polar side. You could see them salivating at the Ragnarok DoW as well.

"Wars shouldn't take weeks to properly escalate." - Letum(phrasing might be off)

Here's an example:

[quote name='keenu' timestamp='1295584856' post='2587925']
You joined the wrong side. Please insert more money and try again.
[/quote]

Sorry if this considered off-topic, but it's continuing from a line of discussion that has not been censured as of yet. I would appreciate some slack.

For more instances, read my original blog series: Preemptive Strike and Summarization.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=211&showentry=2729

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330964991' post='2933969']
I don't see how I can be accused of inconsitency.

Roq on MHA preempt: Well, I don't care that it's a preempt, but I still hate MK.

Roq on TOP preempt: same war.

Roq on Fark preempt: Awesome move.

AirMe on TOP preempt: "Go back to your anime hole, you furry," when Katsumi was entirely right.

AirMe on DH preempt: This is really bad!!!

AirMe on preempt of MHA: silence.

AirMe on Fark preempt: !@#$%bags!!

rsox on fark preempt: awful!! it's a tarp umbrellaa we must save teh order!!!
[/quote]

Ok, there you show me being consistent again.

I wasn't really active around the time MHA was pre-empted so the fact I said nothing in that case doesn't hold any water if I wasn't paying enough attention to speak out.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1331397302' post='2936413']
Outdated wiki. Hasn't been updated in 3 years.
[/quote]

I can fill in the rest. As far as I know, she moved to SOS Brigade after NpO and then made NsO. She is now in AODBrigade.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331397350' post='2936414']
I can fill in the rest. As far as I know, she moved to SOS Brigade after NpO and then made NsO. She is now in AODBrigade.
[/quote]

Doesn't change the way i perceive her persona.

Edited by AirMe

It's not about being on the inside. And actually, when I first started the thing in February, someone from TLR was communicating to me about how unhappy they were with its operations and that I had regenerated his/her interest in nation ruling.

The relevance is your lack of moralism, basically and proper argumentation.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331398417' post='2936422']
It's not about being on the inside. And actually, when I first started the thing in February, someone from TLR was communicating to me about how unhappy they were with its operations and that I had regenerated his/her interest in nation ruling.

The relevance is your lack of moralism, basically and proper argumentation.
[/quote]

Yes, and we know Lawliet is a GREAT source. He came back from being inactive for months, and wanted to judge everything. You CAN use his name you know, we all know.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1331399259' post='2936433']
Yes, and we know Lawliet is a GREAT source. He came back from being inactive for months, and wanted to judge everything. You CAN use his name you know, we all know.
[/quote]

Oh, he appears to have left. I think inert members waking up is a good thing, especially if it's a Rip Van Winkle style thing and everything has turned to !@#$.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331399370' post='2936434']
Oh, he appears to have left. I think inert members waking up is a good thing, especially if it's a Rip Van Winkle style thing and everything has turned to !@#$.
[/quote]

Inert members waking up IS a good thing. Inert members waking up, and immediately complaining about everything even though they did not bother to contribute ANYTHING for months, will alienate you from people. That is what he did. In my estimation, he intentionally tried to create trouble an MK and INT membership exchange with us. He also tried to assess our war performance, when he wasnt around for it. It was all 100% idiotic. Oh, and to boot, he actually pointed back to a time when HE was a DMoE and we had 22% slot usage, as a better economic time than a point in time now where we have 45%. Just more talking without actually checking, and many of us let him know.

Edit: In Roq's world: 1 disgruntled member means it is proof the alliance's internal workings. Yet another branch to the Roquentin "Well this person said this, so I think its true" tree.

Edited by Rush Sykes

That happens a lot when they do. I'm surprised about the econ claim. His complaints to me were more FA-based like the NPO treaty.

Which person said what? All I said is I had some idea of issues within TLR, and that it's not necessary for me to make an assessment in the first place.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331399227' post='2936432']
No, if you actually read the thread where he says it. It's basically "what you have to say doesn't matter because you are a furry."

AirMe: it's an accusation used to discredit regardless. People have done the same thing to me for months, despite having no clue of what I do OOC in actuality.
[/quote]

I told you to go back through 6 years of posts and IRC logs to find my exact basis for the comment that I made. I don't just make up things so I can hate on other people. I am sure I had a justification for calling her that, I just don't remember what it was. Unless you can do that, you can't call my views false. I don't have an unending crusade against her. I made one comment in thread, a DoW thread no less, and that really was the extent of it.

Somehow you have some how managed to keep it as the main point in the most feeble character assassination in history.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1331399787' post='2936439']
I told you to go back through 6 years of posts and IRC logs to find my exact basis for the comment that I made. I don't just make up things so I can hate on other people. I am sure I had a justification for calling her that, I just don't remember what it was. Unless you can do that, you can't call my views false. I don't have an unending crusade against her. I made one comment in thread, a DoW thread no less, and that really was the extent of it.

Somehow you have some how managed to keep it as the main point in the most feeble character assassination in history.
[/quote]

The heat of the moment argument doesn't work when you don't recant it, which is what you could have done. 6 years of posts isn't accessible due to forum mechanics.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331399737' post='2936438']
That happens a lot when they do. I'm surprised about the econ claim. His complaints to me were more FA-based like the NPO treaty.

Which person said what? All I said is I had some idea of issues within TLR, and that it's not necessary for me to make an assessment in the first place.
[/quote]

No you did NOT have SOME ideas of issues within TLR. You had the ramblings of a single disgruntled member. One would suggest that the there NOT being a mass exodus , would tend to indicate that it was just the single person's warped view, and not ANY sort of a view on "issues within TLR." You ARE smarter than that, but you will ignore being smarter than that because it serves your agenda. At least man up and admit it. Wuss.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1331399936' post='2936443']
No you did NOT have SOME ideas of issues within TLR. You had the ramblings of a single disgruntled member. One would suggest that the there NOT being a mass exodus , would tend to indicate that it was just the single person's warped view, and not ANY sort of a view on "issues within TLR." You ARE smarter than that, but you will ignore being smarter than that because it serves your agenda. At least man up and admit it. Wuss.
[/quote]

The issue with that is, Rush, people don't like change and won't leave an alliance even if they disagree with its policies and are too inactive to do anything about it. Is Shamed still a member? See: Xavii in Umbrella or pretty much all of the 5s in the member rating thread.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331399888' post='2936440']
The heat of the moment argument doesn't work when you don't recant it, which is what you could have done. 6 years of posts isn't accessible due to forum mechanics.
[/quote]

Now you truly are putting words in my mouth.

Since you can't possibly know why I called her what I did one time in a discussion a long time ago your assumption about what I am is wrong.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1331400077' post='2936445']
Now you truly are putting words in my mouth.

Since you can't possibly know why I called her what I did one time in a discussion a long time ago your assumption about what I am is wrong.
[/quote]

Any "why" is bogus if you look at the facts.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1331400206' post='2936447']
Any "why" is bogus if you look at the facts.
[/quote]

Ok, I am done with this circular argument.

Vote AirMe 2012. He Hates Furries.