a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='kotic' timestamp='1332061990' post='2939583']
well its good to see that you havent lost your wit methrage ^_^
and its good to seee that goons is still doing what goons has alway done be ridiculose, ask for outragouse reps and try to justify it
[/quote]

They'll probably try and justify it by saying they are doing the right thing by extorting alliances who come in to defend there ally when they attack them.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kotic' timestamp='1332061990' post='2939583']
well its good to see that you havent lost your wit methrage ^_^
and its good to seee that goons is still doing what goons has alway done be ridiculose, ask for outragouse reps and try to justify it
[/quote]
Thanks, I still remember you as my favorite and most reliable tech dealer back in the days I was leading FCC. Its good to see you're still around.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332061097' post='2939582']
Funny to see them trying to get reps in a war they declared, trying to get reps out of Mongols as well.
[/quote]
The war with MONGOLS started over reps they already owed us and refused to pay. Kaskus is being charged for attacking us aggressively. I know these are big, difficult to understand concepts for you so I don't expect it to click.
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisO_OX1.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332062255' post='2939585']
They'll probably try and justify it by saying they are doing the right thing by extorting alliances who come in to defend there ally when they attack them.....
[/quote]
The justification we have [i][b]always[/b][/i] used and will [i][b]continue[/b][/i] to use is that we charge reps to anyone who attacks us aggressively, regardless of their reason. Yes, we're all fully aware that Kaskus is "defending allies." We're also all fully aware that doing so would result in reps. It is just as equally a law of this universe and you must accept it. Sorry, we will not be allowing any alliances to freely attack us without retribution, as convenient as that would be for you.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332074619' post='2939637']
The war with MONGOLS started over reps they already owed us and refused to pay. Kaskus is being charged for attacking us aggressively. I know these are big, difficult to understand concepts for you so I don't expect it to click.
[/quote]
I thought you declared on Mongols because one of them sent an aid package to someone you guys were raiding. That you guys decided they owed you reps for that is no different from you guys thinking they owe you reps for this war you declared on them, they don't even if you do manage to extort some out of them eventually.

The war with MONGOLS started over reps they already owed us and refused to pay.[/quote]

Just demanding something from someone doesnt mean they owe you. If I demand $500m today and you say no its not a good CB attacking you would be akin to a young child demanding something then squealing on the floor if they dont get their way

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eBsAUU3WrkA/TyLPvODOfNI/AAAAAAAAANs/AtDAOurg2Xo/s400/tantrum.jpg[/img]

The justification we have [i][b]always[/b][/i] used and will [i][b]continue[/b][/i] to use is that we charge reps to anyone who attacks us aggressively, regardless of their reason. Yes, we're all fully aware that Kaskus is "defending allies." We're also all fully aware that doing so would result in reps. It is just as equally a law of this universe and you must accept it. Sorry, we will not be allowing any alliances to freely attack us without retribution, as convenient as that would be for you.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

This is a very old game you are playing, and I sincerely hope that your bulb is bright enough to see through it.

"We charge reps to anyone who attacks us aggressively" is just dump if not meant in the technical sense. (meaning to actually post the first DoW, and hit you). If you don't see it in the actual sense, you can extort this definition to every war and every CB that ever existed on this planet. If you are really serious with it, you also must admit that NPO was aggressively attacked by GPA etc. etc.

So please use the "we are the bad guys, and bad guys are cool; and yes we can, so please stop us" argument to save us all some time.

Edited by NoMercy

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1332075797' post='2939645']
So please use the "we are the bad guys, and bad guys are cool; and yes we can, so please stop us" argument to save us all some time.
[/quote]

...I love You.... But anyways GOONS will be GOONS you can't expect them to be any different ^_^.

Also Props to Kaskus for honoring your treaty with MONGOLS. Many props for that indeed.

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332076711' post='2939649']
...I love You.... But anyways GOONS will be GOONS you can't expect them to be any different ^_^.
[/quote]
I guess this is true, so we can probably expect a similar ending for them as the old GOONS, with them pushing their luck and creating as many enemies as they can before they are finally driven away from this world after enough people get sick of their antics. I think GOONS always tend to operate on the assumption that they are one lost war away from disbandment, so they might as well try getting away with whatever they can before that.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1332075211' post='2939639']
Just demanding something from someone doesnt mean they owe you. If I demand $500m today and you say no its not a good CB attacking you would be akin to a young child demanding something then squealing on the floor if they dont get their way
[/quote]
Expecting reps when people aid someone you're at war (including tech and soldiers) with isn't the same as demanding $500m for no reason. But you are totally and completely free to demand $500m from GOONs and then attack us when we say no. In fact I encourage you to.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

"We charge reps to anyone who attacks us aggressively" is just dump if not meant in the technical sense. (meaning to actually post the first DoW, and hit you). If you don't see it in the actual sense, you can extort this definition to every war and every CB that ever existed on this planet. If you are really serious with it, you also must admit that NPO was aggressively attacked by GPA etc. etc.
[/quote]
It's not our business to care what NPO and GPA are doing between themselves. If an alliance decides to attack us, they're paying reps. We don't have to find any lawyers to twist that definition around. Only very slimy weasels would try to argue that the line between aggressive and defensive wars is too blurry to distinguish. Much like the aforementioned people who activated an oA clause and tried to claim it was a defensive war. This thread is literally a DoW on GOONs. Are you really arguing that it's not an aggressive war on GOONs?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332077757' post='2939653']
Expecting reps when people aid someone you're at war (including tech and soldiers) with isn't the same as demanding $500m for no reason. But you are totally and completely free to demand $500m from GOONs and then attack us when we say no. In fact I encourage you to.

[/quote]

Ive seen enough goon temper tantrums thanks very much. If you really loved war you wouldnt be so quick to hand out harsh financial punishments to any one who attacks you. You could just beat them down but your policy seems designed to avoid a defensive war at all costs. Pick on goons and we will sue you for money doesnt exactly sound like pick on goons and we will kick your teeth in. That policy of avoiding defensive wars at all costs and only offensively attacking weak or tiny alliances stinks of fear of a real fight

Edited by Alterego

But you are totally and completely free to demand $500m from GOONs and then attack us when we say no. In fact I encourage you to.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I'll let you continue to owe me that $500m, so you can continue to be in debt to me forever. I'm not a violent guy, so you guys can start the payments whenever you want to clear up that debt.

So if saying it is enough to make it true, then you guys owe me $500m. I'll let you guys wait to pay me back though, as you guys seem to have your hands full.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332077041' post='2939651']
I guess this is true, so we can probably expect a similar ending for them as the old GOONS, with them pushing their luck and creating as many enemies as they can before they are finally driven away from this world after enough people get sick of their antics. I think GOONS always tend to operate on the assumption that they are one lost war away from disbandment, so they might as well try getting away with whatever they can before that.
[/quote]

^ that kind of war does sounds pretty yummy :3 and very true though i personally hardly consider this GOONS anywhere near like old GOONS (which ironically contradicts my original statement) this GOONS is like the ugly retarded incest filled cousin of the old GOONS. at least the old one was Classy and trashy about being bullies ^_^.

OOC: I miss Shark week :l

[/quote]
That has to be the saddest argument I've ever seen. I really do hope you made it in jest, because this attempt to extrapolate our 'we get attacked, we charge reps' to some spurious potential interpretation of anything is ridiculous.

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332078314' post='2939659']
^ that kind of war does sounds pretty yummy :3 and very true though i personally hardly consider this GOONS anywhere near like old GOONS (which ironically contradicts my original statement) this GOONS is like the ugly retarded incest filled cousin of the old GOONS. at least the old one was Classy and trashy about being bullies ^_^.

OOC: I miss Shark week :l
[/quote]
We'll remember to charge 40k next time, i guess.

EDIT: You know, I kinda missed the Methrage approach to political interpretation. The dark unpleasant splotch of words you tend to leave around make our more reasoned opponents seem almost positive.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1332078571' post='2939665']
We'll remember to charge 40k next time, i guess.

EDIT: You know, I kinda missed the Methrage approach to political interpretation. The dark unpleasant splotch of words you tend to leave around make our more reasoned opponents seem almost positive.
[/quote]
GOONS calling me dark and unpleasant, is this suppose to be a compliment coming from you guys? Dark and unpleasant seems to be what you guys strive for, although my comments are much more reasoned and libertarian than GOONS.

It's not our business to care what NPO and GPA are doing between themselves. If an alliance decides to attack us, they're paying reps. We don't have to find any lawyers to twist that definition around. Only very slimy weasels would try to argue that the line between aggressive and defensive wars is too blurry to distinguish. Much like the aforementioned people who activated an oA clause and tried to claim it was a defensive war. This thread is literally a DoW on GOONs. Are you really arguing that it's not an aggressive war on GOONs?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

So by the way you have worded this, does it mean that only Kaskus and [b]NOT[/b] Mongols will be paying Reps? as you said if an alliance [b]DECIDES[/b] to attack you, they're paying reps, but not if you attack them.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332081135' post='2939693']
So by the way you have worded this, does it mean that only Kaskus and [b]NOT[/b] Mongols will be paying Reps? as you said if an alliance [b]DECIDES[/b] to attack you, they're paying reps, but not if you attack them.
[/quote]
I think GOONS have already made clear, it doesn't matter what they say, they'll do what they feel like later regardless of whether it contradicts an earlier statement. So take what they say about how they do things with a grain of salt, as they'll lie, cheat on whatever rules they make up and do anything to gain an edge. If you don't like it, then they are happy. If you are still having fun, they're getting frustrated that their tactics aren't working.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332081597' post='2939697']
I think GOONS have already made clear, it doesn't matter what they say, they'll do what they feel like later regardless of whether it contradicts an earlier statement. So take what they say about how they do things with a grain of salt, as they'll lie, cheat on whatever rules they make up and do anything to gain an edge. If you don't like it, then they are happy. If you are still having fun, they're getting frustrated that their tactics aren't working.
[/quote]

With recent happenings, like demanding that one nations pays 90 MILLION for getting raided by goons and attacking back, i feel kaskus and mongols will be paying $3,240,000,000 in reparations to GOONs based on what they always demand.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332082822' post='2939710']
With recent happenings, like demanding that one nations pays 90 MILLION for getting raided by goons and attacking back, i feel kaskus and mongols will be paying $3,240,000,000 in reparations to GOONs based on what they always demand.
[/quote]
Once upon a time I was fighting GOONS, after fighting them for a month or two another alliance declared war on GOONS. Then another one not long after, GOONS called this roguefest. The war continued with no peace for quite a while longer, but in the end everyone who declared on them after me got peace and I was still fighting. Eventually when I was at ZI and GOONS offered to pay me $3m per 150t or $4.5m for 200t in single slots deals filling my slots for a few cycles, plus an extra $6m extra to use for rebuilding. I accepted as I had saved up enough tax collections that them filling my slots full of aid was enough for me to rebuild from ZI up to 5k infra almost immediately after peace was settled. GOONS considered it a victory because I was willing to agree to some type of terms with them, even if for the previous 2 months they flat out rejected doing tech deals to rebuild me as the terms.

In the end those terms got me enough money in at the right time to build up larger than I was when the war started a few months back, GOONS considered it a win even though I got what I wanted and benefited from the terms. They couldn't get what they wanted since I fought them until I had no infra left to produce tech or send money out without first getting money in, so the best they could settle for was buying tech off me in a mutually beneficial deal. Also whenever I would sit at ZI as they would try keeping me there and I'd build up 10+ days of uncollected taxes, I would get aid sent to me allowing me to rebuild to nuke range and hit them with those. So when they finally offered me the tech deals for peace, they were happy I was accepting that after they realized it was the best they would get in terms of me sending them anything, even though before then they wanted ridiculous reps and wonder decommissions.

So if they don't offer you good terms, just keep fighting until they do. If they try to PZI your entire alliance with paying impossible reps being the only way to end it, then people will see the injustice and aid you most likely. Even GOONS have their limits on what they can get away with, so reject the unreasonable until they are forced to be reasonable.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332083875' post='2939720']
wall of text
[/quote]

Yes i remember that quite well.

I still remember the first time i was raided by GOONs and declared an EoG as soon as i sent messages demanding 3mil to be sent to me, of course i was sent a big fat "LOLNO" back in reply anyway.

If it wasn't for GATO stepping in that time im sure GOONs would of gone ahead and destroyed my entire alliances as they pledged to at the time, i bet they will be trying to do it again right now to.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332084951' post='2939727']
Yes i remember that quite well.

I still remember the first time i was raided by GOONs and declared an EoG as soon as i sent messages demanding 3mil to be sent to me, of course i was sent a big fat "LOLNO" back in reply anyway.

If it wasn't for GATO stepping in that time im sure GOONs would of gone ahead and destroyed my entire alliances as they pledged to at the time, i bet they will be trying to do it again right now to.
[/quote]
I remember the first time I was raided by GOONS and put on the EoG list, they convinced Umbrella to sanction me as a nuclear rogue before we even started fighting, then they declared on me right after I lost all my trades. Good times, lol.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332085195' post='2939730']
I remember the first time I was raided by GOONS and put on the EoG list, they convinced Umbrella to sanction me as a nuclear rogue before we even started fighting, then they declared on me right after I lost all my trades. Good times, lol.
[/quote]

Like I said earlier goons are so afraid of a real fight they will resort to almost any cowardly action to avoid one, that seems to include fighting a single nation. Big in mouth small in gonad

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332085195' post='2939730']
[/quote]

To you and Alterego.

Im shocked that they havent resorted to this against us(sanctions), dont they usually declare every "micro" that declares on them a rogue? so this is roguefest 2012 for GOONs?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1332085541' post='2939733']
Like I said earlier goons are so afraid of a real fight they will resort to almost any cowardly action to avoid one, that seems to include fighting a single nation. Big in mouth small in gonad
[/quote]
Pursuing an aggressive policy of going after people who aid raid targets = a cowardly action to avoid fights? Do you people even read what you write?