You know you've played CN too long when...

RePePe

When you're playing Super Mario Galaxy and then hit yourself for supporting MK.

When you see somebody with a Mushroom belt buckle and immediately suspect him being a member of MK.

When you make an NpO flag shirt and wear it everywhere you go.

When you mention infrastructure and the first thing your friend says is "Like in Cybernations eh?

When you walk into class, and the first thing your friend says is "Been nuked again?"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1328498841' post='2915223']
You start using the MDP, ODP, MoADP, MADP, and other terms in other games to form alliances with countries in them to form a mega block.
[/quote]

Lol, too guilty of this, though I use it mainly as a CN in-joke. MAoDPs are used way more than MDoAPs.

1. You're at a club dancing with a rather attractive girl, and you're texting your military commander for updates on the current situation.
2. You actually change your sleep habits once or twice for a war that of course didn't happen.
5. You read all the posts in a 20+ page thread
6. You are talking about politics that do not involve any country that actually exists for hours on end with people you don't even know.
13. You track down an alliance-mate's home phone number and spend an hour and a half on the phone with him talking him into not quitting CN (sort of)
20. You sign an IRL official work related email with your CN name and send it off to your boss
22. Your choice of hotels while on vacation is entirely determined by whether or not they have internet access and don't block IRC.
30. You choose to stay at home to see the “DoWs” instead of going to prom (again, sort of)
36. You think “infra jump” whenever Obama talks about rebuilding infrastructure
38. You create elaborate backstories for your close CN friends in hopes of persuading your RL friends that you are NOT a nerd and actually KNOW the people you’ve been skyping with for the past 3 hours.
48. You refer to geopolitical process after World War II as “lines being drawn”
53. You run government affairs over Skype only so there can be no log dumps
54. You turn down a date so you can make target lists (not quite, but similar)
56. You care about your reputation enough not to change your game name
59. You think drawing a MDP web for RL relationships is a damn good idea
61. You have more Cybernatons propaganda on your computer than family pictures
66. You refer to your life savings as a warchest
74. You know Iceland has the most dominant economy in the world because they have lots of fish and water.
80. You *cheer* because your nation was attacked by a nuclear weapon
89. You write the word “top” in ALL CAPS
94. You think your .gov position qualifies as “experience” for your job resume (not really, but it almost could)
98. You plan a IRL get-together of your alliance. At your house. (not at my house per se...
101. You read through this whole list and thought “I’ve done that!” more than 10 times.

Gosh, that's too many :S

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1328541043' post='2915461']
Lol, too guilty of this, though I use it mainly as a CN in-joke. MAoDPs are used way more than MDoAPs.
[/quote]
I literally have a game that's been going on two months now....and we have had 6 world wars in two months with 5 countries disappearing.

I actually have found myself thinking in terms of alliances and CN diplomacy when reading the RL political news at times, particularly the more childish elements of RL politics. And when I see car numberplates with the name of an alliance, since most of them are not common acronyms here for other purposes.

Some time ago there was a large comment piece in the paper about a supposed New Pacific Order. (It was to do with the increasing prominence of east Asia and Australia in global trade, or something.) I found it very hard to read it seriously.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1328909246' post='2917952']
When this isn't the first version you've seen of this thread.
[/quote]

When you see someone post that this isn't the first version of this thread.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOjHWr5jQc"]I sense the need to quote Chekhov...[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328909139' post='2917951']
I actually have found myself thinking in terms of alliances and CN diplomacy when reading the RL political news at times, particularly the more childish elements of RL politics. And when I see car numberplates with the name of an alliance, since most of them are not common acronyms here for other purposes.

Some time ago there was a large comment piece in the paper about a supposed New Pacific Order. (It was to do with the increasing prominence of east Asia and Australia in global trade, or something.) I found it very hard to read it seriously.
[/quote]
I make a habit of keeping the masses informed of recent news via my facebook page. Polar's surrender almost made the newsfeed last night.

When you think that your RL country should be nuclear.

When you actually use CN to argue what it would be like if real world nations went nuclear. (I mean, it's almost accurate, assuming you take out the trolls, OOC influenced wars, ragequitters.)

When you refer to suicide bombers as 'rogues'.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1329667574' post='2924064']
You know you've been playing CN too long when...

... you remember seeing this exact same thread three times before including this one
[/quote]
Only three? Heh.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1329647817' post='2923980']When you actually use CN to argue what it would be like if real world nations went nuclear. (I mean, it's almost accurate, assuming you take out the trolls, OOC influenced wars, ragequitters.)
[/quote]

wait what? "almost accurate?"

How can you possibly use CN to do this? Nuclear weapons in this game have absolutely nowhere near the stigma and consequences of using them in the dreaded RL.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1329749763' post='2924576']
wait what? "almost accurate?"

How can you possibly use CN to do this? Nuclear weapons in this game have absolutely nowhere near the stigma and consequences of using them in the dreaded RL.
[/quote]

*I meant better than trying to simulate it in one of those paid economics lab sessions or creating a model for it or something. Any such lab tests are usually short term, doesn't involve emotions and pride. You can use logic/game theory all you like, but what really plays an issue is how people work and perceive one another, often contrasting to logic and not having full information. Even though things like warchests and instant population regeneration get in the way.

They had similar stigma at one time in CN, and everyone is fully aware of the lose-lose issues of using them; nobody really wants to spend real life years rebuilding. But it beats any non-nuclear alternative. Also, note previous technology that once held the same stigma as nukes - planes, precision weapons, cannons, guns, crossbows, etc. Once more than a few countries start adopting them, more people will begin dropping morality for reality. Watch how the carbon emissions drama plays out, it'll follow a similar pattern.

(bit of a derail, so don't want to get into detail over that stuff here)

You know you've played cn for to long when you've went from Dating, to Engagement, to marriage, and 2 kids in which I've been playing cn longer than my oldest has been alive

edit :
also to pass time while driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh, I try to find cn acronyms on peoples license plates

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1327972918' post='2911094']27. You start have recurring dreams of Sponge trying to kill you (Close enough)[/quote]I remember writing this in a thread exactly like this one. That's how old I am.

Also thank God I don't have that dream anymore. A Michael Myers-esque Sponge was a terrifying sight indeed.