• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1327272718' post='2905007']
Not a single mention. Rude.
[/quote]
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327261211' post='2904851']
[color="#0000FF"][b]TW:[/b][/color] But you came back very quickly.
[color="#8B0000"][b]SM:[/b][/color] But I came back. Once we were gone, Doitzel, Starfox, [b]Cheyenne[/b], and I had no reason not to speak to each other—we had nothing inhibiting a dialogue, no allegiances. We grumbled together, and when the noCB War began here came those unintended consequences again, and Vox Populi was born. We had a reason to fight again, so we came back.
[/quote]
We didn't interact very much in Vox.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327263279' post='2904882']
...People wanted to know what I thought more than what I've done, so I tried to transition as quickly as possible...
[/quote]
Really? I would have thought everyone would have an in-depth knowledge of this already, given that every post you make operates as a vector for the great intellectual process of 'arbitrary opinion/i was in vox/evil hegemony'.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1327262589' post='2904867']
Happy anniversary! That's a lot of effort to put into a magazine about yourself, heh.
[/quote]
Thats alot of ego to feed, mind you

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1327264259' post='2904890']
You forgot to mention the time when you got kicked out of TOP.
[/quote]
Speaking of egos, hey look over here!! pay attention to me!!!

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1327281915' post='2905118']
Really? I would have thought everyone would have an in-depth knowledge of this already, given that every post you make operates as a vector for the great intellectual process of 'arbitrary opinion/i was in vox/evil hegemony'.
[/quote]

Every post in this entire forum is an "arbitrary opinion." :v:

Aah the man that gets hated or loved by one stroke of a pen. Caried above the crowd one day and getting trampled by the same crowd the other. Having read a lot of your work and exchanged a few small words once in a while I can't really say more than that there is no other person like you on planet Bob.

5 more years! 5 more years!

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1327296328' post='2905278']
I can't tell if you're being intentionally nonsensical or if you're just that dense.
[/quote]
Well, it could either be that, or you might just have some [i]really[/i] differing definitions of 'arbitrary' and 'ideals' than i have. Or perhaps CoJ's 'ideals' boil down to 'capriciously pick up an arguement, attempt to relate it somehow to vox'.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1327297065' post='2905285']
Well, it could either be that, or you might just have some [i]really[/i] differing definitions of 'arbitrary' and 'ideals' than i have. Or perhaps CoJ's 'ideals' boil down to 'capriciously pick up an arguement, attempt to relate it somehow to vox'.
[/quote]

I actually considered that we might have different definitions of "arbitrary," though to get into it would literally be semantics, and I don't have the energy for that anymore.

What really seems to bother your is our Voxian ethics and our Voxian determination to our Voxian ideals. Doubtlessly this stems from your youth (assuming you've been around as long as your [OOC]forum account[/OOC]), which indicates that you were not around for the Vox movement and are thus completely ignorant of its ideals and, most vitally, its [i]spirit[/i]. If you understood these, you'd understand why we cling to the ideas brought into the spotlight for the first and only time for a glorious shining moment, only to be shrouded once again in the darkness of ignorance. I do not blame you for your honesty, but I encourage you to learn things which you do not understand rather than fear them.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327299130' post='2905305']
tbh i think most of vox was involved because NPO had dicked them over in some fashion
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Not me. I was appealed to the morals and ethics and ideals. That is why I joined MK. It is one of the last bastions of decency in this world.[/color]

[OCC] Its sad that so many don't realize that there is much to be imagined from a Role Play game. This game would be much more interesting if people would learn to draw a hard OCC/IC line and work within both. The potential expands exponentially when you envision the world not as text and posts, but as a living breathing world of nations.[OCC]

Well worth the subscription price. Any chance of another?

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss Bob so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm the Schattenmann
Schattenmann burning out his fuse up here alone
Bob ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
Schattenmann, Schattenmann
And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1327306481' post='2905394']
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss Bob so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm the Schattenmann
Schattenmann burning out his fuse up here alone
Bob ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
Schattenmann, Schattenmann
And I think it's gonna be a long long time...
[/quote]

I literally laughed out loud.

@OP, I'll congratulate you on the basis of the amount of work you put into this. Pretty cool.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1327299045' post='2905304']
I actually considered that we might have different definitions of "arbitrary," though to get into it would literally be semantics, and I don't have the energy for that anymore.

What really seems to bother your is our Voxian ethics and our Voxian determination to our Voxian ideals. Doubtlessly this stems from your youth (assuming you've been around as long as your [OOC]forum account[/OOC]), which indicates that you were not around for the Vox movement and are thus completely ignorant of its ideals and, most vitally, its [i]spirit[/i]. If you understood these, you'd understand why we cling to the ideas brought into the spotlight for the first and only time for a glorious shining moment, only to be shrouded once again in the darkness of ignorance. I do not blame you for your honesty, but I encourage you to learn things which you do not understand rather than fear them.
[/quote]
A. Yes, discussing the term "arbitrary" would broadly speaking be semantics. Still don't see how how the hell you could imbue the term 'arbitrary posting' to be in any way positive, but lets just let that fly.
B. I've been around for a damn long while, ergo the reason i have a point to raise on this.
C. You really missed my point, and in most absurdly ironic way possible. I can't tell if you're being intentionally nonsensical or if you're just that dense.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1327262589' post='2904867']
Happy anniversary! That's a lot of effort to put into a magazine about yourself, heh.
[/quote][quote name='Sun WuKong' timestamp='1327278889' post='2905076']
Whether as foe - or friend - the Shadow Man has been one of the great personages of this weary, war-torn world. Mazel Tov!
[/quote]
Thanks you two and everyone else. For all we knew at first and then even after a ton of people joined Vox, time Doitzel, myself, Starfox, and I suppose New Frontier and Rebel Virginia figured that we'd fade [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Manic_Monday"]right back to the mists[/url], but events held us a long time, and I know I'm glad it turned out that way. Sun WuKong, I think you're an excellent example of the power of ideals and distinctiveness in the world; of the many notables that have humbled me by joining CoJ, you are perhaps the most surprising and I think that speaks to the power and importance of the mission of Justitia's Cult. I'm glad to have had the time with you we've had. Now if we can just get Reyne on board.

For a long time I didn't talk about Vox or TWiP or much of anything, it was nice to just be alone with my thoughts, and I didn't want to deal with moronic reactions like Vanilla's. It was nice not to live in my own shadow, and I attribute that to Doitzel and Sponge leaving again pretty soon after Vox suspended operations. But it's been long enough and I'm comfortable enough now to embrace our roots and to be more assertive about our heritage and their supremacy.

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1327268582' post='2904943']
Tour de Force thar.... in Word? WTF?
[/quote]
I couldn't have done it without quaaludes. Word was a real uncooperative jerk.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327297198' post='2905286']
Congrats Schatt, you've definitely left a mark on your underpants.
[/quote]
Stop these vicious OOC attacks!

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327299130' post='2905305']
tbh i think most of vox was involved because NPO had dicked them over in some fashion
[/quote]
I'll agree that's definitely why the founders got on board and it's probably why most of the 200-400 people that joined came along, but people [i]stayed [/i]for 9 months for the ideals.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1327306270' post='2905389']
Well worth the subscription price. Any chance of another?
[/quote]
I don't like to rule things out or make promises; it's entirely possible that I could interview myself interviewing someone else. :smug:

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1327306481' post='2905394']
[/quote]
These are good. We should get Sir Paul to record a CD of SchattenMixes featuring these GOONS songs and the hit single [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjfR6d_VEuA"]Mad Schatt[/url].
Well just watch him now
Where he's walking
It's a vacuum world
And every word
A silent, strangled scream
He's God tonight
Walks on water
And he's always right
Talks about the madness in Pacifica
Oh he's God tonight
He walks on water
And he's always right
Talks about the madness in GOONS

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327330073' post='2905489']
These are good. We should get Sir Paul to record a CD of SchattenMixes featuring these GOONS songs and the hit single [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjfR6d_VEuA"]Mad Schatt[/url].
Well just watch him now
Where he's walking
It's a vacuum world
And every word
A silent, strangled scream
He's God tonight
Walks on water
And he's always right
Talks about the madness in Pacifica
Oh he's God tonight
He walks on water
And he's always right
Talks about the madness in GOONS
[/quote]

I've always hoped for a Sir Paul and SirWilliam duet, singing their rendition of "The Sound of Typing"

Hello Sardonic, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a victim of your raiding
Left its tears while I was sledding
And the vision that was planted in my brain
within this game
it is the sound....of typing.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Justitia having long left his throne
'Neath the halo of my own design
I formed the coalition of Vox Populi
and my voice like an angel rose up into the foggy night