The Grand Lodge and it's Treachery

WileyXero

It is both amazing and unfortunate, that someone who has apparently been around approximately as long as I, has somehow managed to grossly misunderstand the most basic nature of the social contract that every alliance I have ever encountered in all these years has held. I can only assume this is due to your professed preference for irrelevance and the relative security it brings. Indeed I fully understand why the reasonable government found in GLOF were infuriated by your selfish approach to alliance participation. I greatly suspect that had you not decided to ignore your "family" (as you put it), and instead worked with them, you would have found monetary aid and other war time assistance forthcoming in abundance, you likely would have made friends (as you desired) and possibly even had fun.

These other individuals are correct. Your massive post will garner little, if any, sympathy and certainly not bring GLOF into disrepute. You describe GLOF following social norms (that were common even in early 2006), whilst displaying a complete ignorance or wilful disregard for social norms and the community you participate in. Congratulations, I think you best find another micro alliance no one has heard of, to stroke your ego and to hide from the real world in.

EDIT: Certainly I have no idea what universe you are from, but the world you seem to think existed is not one I ever remember and if it did exist it died before the first great war.

Edited by Shan Revan

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1329743699' post='2924541']
You gonna make Baskan join them? I thought Colossus was better than imposing reps of that magnitude. For shame.
[/quote]
Didn't you hear? They expected their members to fight a war, who the hell does that?. Baskan isn't enough, we're sending Elfriede over too.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1329758239' post='2924622']
For the love of Satan, is there no tl;dr available?
[/quote]
When GLOF's treachery can't fill volumes, it won't have to.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1329729612' post='2924473']Look I just wanted to say I think you would be more at home in a neutral alliance. Suggest you get in touch with someone like Pax Corvus, WTF, GPA etc. Everyone else expects balls to the wall fighting enthusiasm normally. Given some are more leniant then others but unargued war participation is pretty standard in CN.[/quote]
[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1329748522' post='2924565']You should try joining GPA, TDO or WTF. Perfect place for you to grow your nation peacefully.[/quote]
I am not toughing this specific issue with a ten foot pole, and the GPA doesn't certainly go look for war. GPA Members that find themselves involved in a war obviously get all the help, aid and guidance we can give them, but GPA Members are also required to help defend the Agency.
Every single applicant is asked if they're OK with fighting for the GPA against adverse odds and to ZI if necessary/asked to, and people that don't feel like committing to that are just politely shown the door.

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1329752465' post='2924587']
Didn't you hear? They expected their members to fight a war, who the hell does that?. Baskan isn't enough, we're sending Elfriede over too.
[/quote]

Last time I stopped by their forums they made me stand under their skirts. They referred to it as "playing ghost"

As I am sure someone has mentioned by now, a nation of your size could have been easily rebuilt through one round of aid post-war. As a long-time ally of GLOF, I can tell you that the only disservice that has been done you has been done at your own hands. You missed an opportunity to be part of a really great alliance, an alliance who would have no doubt had you rebuilt bigger and better than ever by now had you not decided to desert them when they could have used you most.

I was a long-standing member of TOOL just prior to their last war. On the day gov announced targets, several nations who felt they could not sustain war at that time asked MilCom if they could hippie to prepare. Those we felt could benefit were given permission. AT THE SAME TIME, those same nations were top-listed for war aid/rebuild. We didn't tell those nations that; we counted on their knowing that we always, from our glorious beginnings, did this simply as a matter of course--as a matter of honor. Those who we felt could not benefit from being in PM, we told. We also told them we would get their aid to them first. Why? Because, no matter your NS, your nation is your CN life, your blood.

Several nations simply left. Some (most, iirc) requested demasking, posted their GBCW, and left the AA. Those were dismissed members from the AA prior to the commencement of battle. These were all, in one form or another, nations as yours was as you began your Alliance life in GLoF. Some were too new to the game, or too new to the game AND the Alliance to sustain even the most minimal attack, with virtually no chance of building up defensive forces if (when) attacked. That's one thing.

There were, I believe, 23 nations total who just...left the AA. No "Help!", no pleas, no nuthin'. After the assignments, and before (or on the first day of) war commenced, these members left the Alliance, the community, the friends, and all that TOOL stood for. They were listed as traitors, blacklisted from the AA, and sought out and destroyed. Why?

In our AA, there were some things one just simply did not do. For any reason. An entire alliance dismissed entirely, without even the first opportunity to prove faithfulness to even the least of our community. What they felt was a reasonable decision was a slap in every member's face, an outright assault on our principles, and a black stain our rather well thought-of history on CN. Suddenly, it was the "[b][i]name[/i][/b]" of the AA that had been damaged, without justifiable cause. These rulers either did not understand, or otherwise they did not accept what every member of our community spent four years building one war battling pixel after another, time after time. It was the Alliance that was damaged, you see. It completely need not have been. But, the decision by a ruler to simply abandon the AA? That's just not going to go unnoticed.

I know that, if I were to call ANY member of The Order of Light in this moment, needing protection, help, or anything else, I would get nations running to my aid from all over CN. Yes, I earned it. But, [u]so did they earn the opportunity to respond[/u]. If they were to do it, I would go running to their aid as well. Call it [i]espirit de corps [/i]if you want to[i]. [/i]It lives on, even to this moment. Not as the TOOL AA (that's gone now), but what TOOL has always stood for in CN. Much more than pixels on a war screen, our AA is a brotherhood, a fellowship from which NO member can voluntarily remove themself.

It sounds to me like you found one, too. It sounds like you had a lapse of faith in a community you did not yet know, nor understand. You presumed facts not in evidence, and made what was for you, and for the AA, a very unworthy mistake. Given your CN "age" and history, that comes as a bit of a surprise to me, because the walk doesn't justify the talk. Regardless, I must tell you that there is another important factor in play here. [b]Honor[/b].

GLoF, from all I have seen, read, and from members I have talked to, is a "STRAC" alliance. They stand tall for their community, and for those whom they call friends. When your enemies speak well of you, listen. Honor is not demanded for it's rightful place, anywhere. Honor is commanded by the walk of the talk. You either do, or you don't. They were the offended party. It is your DUTY TO HONOR to do the right thing, to attempt to correct the dishonor you have brought upon what is, from all appearances, a very honorable alliance that any player in this game would gladly find as a home.

This is not their duty to fix anything, however. It is yours, friend. Because of the intensity of your argument, it seems to me that such things as honor matter to you.[OOC] Given your current military situation, it had damned well better. (Take that from a retired O-6, USA). In the RL, buddies, squads, platoons, companies--and nations depend on it. Your Honor.[/OOC] Here, it is what we do, as players, when nobody's looking, when the lights are off. Go to the GLoF government, sincerely apologize, receive without comment the punishment you are rightfully assigned, and then do your very best to rejoin that alliance and EARN the respect you seek. Theirs will matter. To you. And, to be quite honest, to us, too.

I wish you well on your journey!

Edited by Merlinus

While I will agree the quality of Bob has decreased over the years. When you accept the protection of an alliance you agree to give up a few things. One of them being infra if necessary. Kinda like feudalism, if you want protection from the nasty vikings (Ragnarok) you need to accept the loss of a few rights. That said I am not defending GLOF or GOONS or any of that nonsense. Also the way that GLOF went about your punishment was a bit, unnecessary, but the fact that you joined an alliance and didn't accept to roll with them is just as dishonourable.

Edit: Notice the amount of people that wont read a few paragraphs...a tribute to the educational system.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII