The American Forum

Michael McBride

"Well, everyone else is departing, and this is falling apart. Time to go." King Simon gets up, dusts his sweatshirt, and goes to talk with his security guards. After a short conversation, they all gathered there things and walked out of the building to their limousine. Shortly they are on their flight, safely heading back to The Solar Kingdom.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Text message[/b]
[u]To:King Simon

[i]
I apologize for leaving but it was getting pretty pointless. Good luck in the games. Your always welcome to my beachfront property for a round of golf.[/i]

OOC: President Dominic just invited the canadian to his hotel room :ehm:

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Altarian Republic' timestamp='1326567203' post='2899550']
OOC: Ummm.... No. Seriously, if you're going to make something like this at least don't clutter up a thread it doesn't belong in.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: But Rebel Virginia is extremely annoyed and must demonstrate his annoyance. I am truly sorry that you are upset but I insist that I must continue. A true shame that you are incapable of recognizing that some people other than you might want to join in this, and I must say that it is a sign of your immaturity that you react that way you do, with such cruelty and refusal to understand, when things do not go your way.

IC: "We must wipe these infidels from North America," a Rebel Virginian patriot shouted on the streets of New York to his fellow countryman. "Do you have the bomb?"

"I do," he replied. "It is set to go off in just a few sec-"

He never finished his sentence, and the city of New York was destroyed in a nuclear fury. All the foolish leaders who lacked the wisdom to recognize the greatness of Rebel Virginia perished in the blast. But those few who were wise and virtuous were spared and kept safe, and when they left the conference building to bear witness to the devastation they were met with the most wondrous of sights....

Pope Bubba had descended from Heaven on a white horse! A new age was about to begin, and all that was wrong with the world would be made right.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1326603426' post='2899902']
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: But Rebel Virginia is extremely annoyed and must demonstrate his annoyance. I am truly sorry that you are upset but I insist that I must continue. A true shame that you are incapable of recognizing that some people other than you might want to join in this, and I must say that it is a sign of your immaturity that you react that way you do, with such cruelty and refusal to understand, when things do not go your way.

IC: "We must wipe these infidels from North America," a Rebel Virginian patriot shouted on the streets of New York to his fellow countryman. "Do you have the bomb?"

He never finished his sentence, and the city of New York was destroyed in a nuclear fury. All the foolish leaders who lacked the wisdom to recognize the greatness of Rebel Virginia perished in the blast. But those few who were wise and virtuous were spared and kept safe, and when they left the conference building to bear witness to the devastation they were met with the most wondrous of sights....

Pope Bubba had descended from Heaven on a white horse! A new age was about to begin, and all that was wrong with the world would be made right.[/color]
[/quote]

OoC: I don't care if this is canon or not, do continue.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1326603426' post='2899902']

[/quote]

Classified:

The Strategic Methodist Strike Command Post of Lower Wisconsin is in a frenzy. The rumours of Pope Bubba's ascension from the heavens have stirred the unruly Methodists masses in their desire to drink cheap liquor, beat their wives, and kill Islamic shopkeepers for wearing towels on their heads.

A poster is put out in support of Pope Bubba:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NIcPX.jpg[/IMG]

O'Malley would be noticeably having a palm to his face while the forum degraded into a circus no less in his mind. He noticed that Empress Mara and Matt Damon left thinking, "He owns me a beer damn it. Ah well, lovebirds."

The departure of the New Spain delegate was a serious disappointment to develop dialogue with him for future relations between New Spain and California. He wasn't quite surprised by the departure of many of the Central and South American attendees and newer nations... most weren't ready for this. He hoped to salvage what was left to make whatever progress with those still here, if it was more simple than what he wrote for the forum, that would be fine for O'Malley. Diplomacy was just like a relationship in his mind. With not much here to begin with, it was better to have little steps.

Kevin would speak after those whom left, "Well, I think we got rid of those not committed entirely here, would I be wrong?" O'Malley chuckled. "We've just overstepped our expectations here in New York ladies and gentlemen. I still believe ATOPEN and this other treaty can be great treaties in the long run, but it's too soon probably for both. It was probably better for us to get to know each other, we are nearly complete strangers signing onto these unrealistic treaties drafted. I should start this out, well, California represents the Southwestern part of the American Pacific Coast. We are a hub of technological innovation, science development, gateway to the Pacific in trade, agricultural center, and robust manufacturing sector. We seek to develop closer ties with whomever desires what develop mutual benefits of economics and later other benefits. What say you? Let's just talk about us and not treaties for a moment now."

Edited by Tanis777

OOC: Learn to read the actual dialogue. I'm writing how O'Malley thinks, and currently has a low opinion of SA nations. A true diplomat like O'Malley won't disclose whom they dislike or like often.

Edited by Tanis777

OOC: I know im just pointing it out as it seemed he thought all SA nations had left thats why I posted it OOC...but lets end the OOC chatter.

IC: Amy Pond stood up partially nervous as this is her first time speaking in a room full of such powerful nations before in her life and now she was speaking in front of them. "Im Amy Pond the Lady Chancellor of Gallifrey I speak for my nation now" she blurted out with a distinctly Scottish accent. "Gallifrey would be interested in this proposal of California everyone needs to settle down and just take a breather and just talk." She relized her statement was barely relevant but said it anyway to point out why some odd Scottish girl was sitting in Gallifreys designated seat. She sat down quietly.

[quote name='Shadow hawk' timestamp='1326592313' post='2899819']
Before he left, President Dominic would give his Canadian friend, Rulfe a note. It would read

[i] Nice to see you, my friend, but time for me to leave. If there is any-thing you would wish to discus with me concerning our two nations, please meet me at the following hotel, and room, here. Time will also be noted in this. Hope to see you there soon."[/i]

Before Dominic left, he also would stand to speak to the people who were left. "Well, this was a..... Interesting use of my time. If there is anything that I missed that may concern me, please send me A e-mail. It could be found on my nation site." At that, President Dominic would return to his hotel, were he'd find his family, and go about the city for a wile before going home.
[/quote]

Realizing that the forum had been a waste of time and no-one had bothered to consider the reasonable suggestions he had included in his speech for a workable foundation of American unity, Rulfe decided to leave with his Newfoundland ally. He hoped it was the fact that these nations were so new that their leaders displayed such immaturity, but whatever the reason the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would get a good chuckle out of what had transpired at the forum.

Before leaving, Rulfe found the delegation from Pravus Ingruo and inquired as to a private meeting while he was in New York to discuss the normalization of Canadian - Pravus Ingruo relations. Once that was done, he excused himself and left with Dominic.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1326651150' post='2900116']
OOC: Wow I leave the forums for two days and this happens.

IC: Erdstrom watched as the forums collapsed around him. He approached Vizier Church as the Forums fell apart and ask him his opinion of ATOPEN and its viability, with a mind to still walk away with some success.
[/quote]

Secretary O'Malley looked at the remaining delegate from Gallifrey, the timid-looking Amy Pond, "First time at a meeting such as this, Lady Chancellor? This is courageous of you. I am interested in knowing your country more, I would like to set up another trip to Gallifrey, California in the best interests to promote inter-American peace would like to sign a basic NAP and economic treaty. Based off the next trip, we can work from there. Sounds agreeable to you Lady Chancellor?"

O'Malley would approach Erdstorm and say, "I can't sign ATOPEN at the moment, but being a level-heading individual Adjutor, I think we can work out a basic Non Aggression and basic economic treaty between Kuklos and California for starters as the same offer I extended to Gallifrey. From there, we can revisit our relations at a later date."

OOC: I give up after tomorrow.

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1326663106' post='2900207']
Secretary O'Malley looked at the remaining delegate from Gallifrey, the timid-looking Amy Pond, "First time at a meeting such as this, Lady Chancellor? This is courageous of you. I am interested in knowing your country more, I would like to set up another trip to Gallifrey, California in the best interests to promote inter-American peace would like to sign a basic NAP and economic treaty. Based off the next trip, we can work from there. Sounds agreeable to you Lady Chancellor?"

O'Malley would approach Erdstorm and say, "I can't sign ATOPEN at the moment, but being a level-heading individual Adjutor, I think we can work out a basic Non Aggression and basic economic treaty between Kuklos and California for starters as the same offer I extended to Gallifrey. From there, we can revisit our relations at a later date."

OOC: I give up after tomorrow.
[/quote]

"That is certainly agreeable. Hopefully individual nation-to-nation talks will bear greater fruit than this unfortunate event." Erdstrom said, somewhat downcast, as he joined the other delegates in departing the building and preparing to depart New York altogether. He had sent a message to the head of Pravus Ingruo and planned to stay in the City as long as it took to hear a response. With Kuklos and Pravus at the head of it, the new ATOPEN would have a strong chance of survival and success.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1326745542' post='2901029']
"That is certainly agreeable. Hopefully individual nation-to-nation talks will bear greater fruit than this unfortunate event." Erdstrom said, somewhat downcast, as he joined the other delegates in departing the building and preparing to depart New York altogether. He had sent a message to the head of Pravus Ingruo and planned to stay in the City as long as it took to hear a response. With Kuklos and Pravus at the head of it, the new ATOPEN would have a strong chance of survival and success.
[/quote]

"I knew this meeting was mostly in vain Erdstrom. There's nothing wrong with ATOPEN in general, but it generally much too soon for everyone to sign aboard. We've should have been allowed to talk amongst ourselves and get to know each other individually instead of producing big treaties expecting everyone to sign. I promise you this Adjutor Erdstrom, you will hear back from California on ATOPEN, and in a favorable manner as long as I am Secretary of State of California." O'Malley replied.

"Anyhow, I'll give you a copy of a treaty that is already signed by me and an e-signature of President Farren for your nation to review." O'Malley continued as he handed a Non-aggression and economic development treaty to Adjutor Erdstrom.

OOC: As you see fit in the following post.

[quote]
[center][b]The Californian Republic and Kuklos Confederacy Friendship Pact[/b][/center]

Preamble:
We, the Californian Republic, and the Kuklos Confederacy in the interest of improving relations between our nations hereby sign this document. In this, we seek to develop our economics, provide the opportunities to grow our potential as a nation and economically, and agree to not have hostilities between each other for as long as this document is binding.

Article I: Sovereignty & Non-aggression
Each signatory shall recognize the sovereignty of the each other, and as such shall pledge themselves to a peaceful co-existance and non-aggression. Both signatories shall not commit hostile actions against the each other in any way, including but not limited to waging war or conducting espionage.

Article II: Economic Development
[b]1.[/b] Each signatory shall agree to reduce or eliminate tariffs on goods and products from the each other, with the tariff rate set as agreed upon by both nations.
[b]2.[/b] Each signatory agrees to promote public and private business endeavors between us in the interest of growing our economics.
[b]3.[/b] Each signatory agrees to help facilitate the smooth operations of goods moving on various modes of interstate commerce between us.

Article III: Future Considerations
[b]1.[/b] Both signatories agree to review this treaty in a year's time to resign or add provisions based the conditions of our relationship
[b]2.[/b] The Californian Republic will review ATOPEN for potential signature in six months time.

Signed this day of the 16[sup]th[/sup] of January,

[b]For the Kuklos Confederacy,[/b]

[b]For the Calfornian Republic,[/b]

Colin Farren
President of the Californian Republic

Kevin O'Malley
Secretary of State

[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]The Pope descended from the sky and dismounted, stained bedsheets wrapped around him, looking like a Roman something or other. The sheets emphasized his liver-spotted chest. He grinned. It was a wholesome grin, with a handful of teeth clearly turned green from chewing tobacco, and the rest simply not there.

All around him the leaders of North America gathered, and fell to their knees. This man they knew was God's representative on Earth. This man they knew had been appointed to rule, and that no longer would their selfish styles be allowed to continue. It was time to repent their sins and redeem themselves from their wicked ways. This Pope would be just and merciful, and forgiving to those who truly wished to walk the right path.

But a few stood defiant, thinking that they could defy the Pope. They were wrong. The Pope drew his shotgun and began his work firing into the crowd of evildoers. This day justice would prevail.[/color]

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1326747492' post='2901039']
"I knew this meeting was mostly in vain Erdstrom. There's nothing wrong with ATOPEN in general, but it generally much too soon for everyone to sign aboard. We've should have been allowed to talk amongst ourselves and get to know each other individually instead of producing big treaties expecting everyone to sign. I promise you this Adjutor Erdstrom, you will hear back from California on ATOPEN, and in a favorable manner as long as I am Secretary of State of California." O'Malley replied.

"Anyhow, I'll give you a copy of a treaty that is already signed by me and an e-signature of President Farren for your nation to review." O'Malley continued as he handed a Non-aggression and economic development treaty to Adjutor Erdstrom.

OOC: As you see fit in the following post.
[/quote]

Erdstrom reviewed the document and said something to one of the delegates with him in Latin, and handed him his mobile phone with a direct line through to the Cancellarium. The approval to the document, which was read over the phone, came slowly but Erdstrom was authorised to put the signature of the Pontiff to the document. "This seems well to me. I'm glad that we could reach an agreement on the matter, Herr O'Malley."

[quote][center][b]The Californian Republic and Kuklos Confederacy Friendship Pact[/b][/center]

[b]Preamble:[/b]
We, the Californian Republic and the Confederation of Κυκλοι, in the interest of improving relations between our nations hereby sign this document. In this, we seek to develop our economics, provide the opportunities to grow our potential as a nation and economically, and agree to not have hostilities between each other for as long as this document is binding.

[b]Article I: Sovereignty & Non-aggression[/b]
Each signatory shall recognize the sovereignty of the each other, and as such shall pledge themselves to a peaceful co-existance and non-aggression. Both signatories shall not commit hostile actions against the each other in any way, including but not limited to waging war or conducting espionage.

[b]Article II: Economic Development[/b]
1. Each signatory shall agree to reduce or eliminate tariffs on goods and products from the each other, with the tariff rate set as agreed upon by both nations.
2. Each signatory agrees to promote public and private business endeavors between us in the interest of growing our economies.
3. Each signatory agrees to help facilitate the smooth operations of goods moving on various modes of interstate commerce between us.

[b]Article III: Future Considerations[/b]
1. Both signatories agree to review this treaty in a year's time, to resign or add provisions based the conditions of our relationship
2. The Californian Republic will review ATOPEN for potential signature in six months time.

Signed this day of the 16th of January,

[b]For the Confederation of Κυκλοι,[/b]
Sigurd Odinnson, als Heraklit I
[i]Pontifex Maximus Confederatii Kuklorum[/i]

Henrik Graf von Erdstrom
[i]Adjutor Monies and Merchants[/i]

[b]For the Calfornian Republic,[/b]

Colin Farren
President of the Californian Republic

Kevin O'Malley
Secretary of State
[/quote]

"Quite satisfactory, indeed," Erdstrom repeated, "I hope this develops into far greater economic opportunities for both our nations."

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1326748654' post='2901057']
Erdstrom reviewed the document and said something to one of the delegates with him in Latin, and handed him his mobile phone with a direct line through to the Cancellarium. The approval to the document, which was read over the phone, came slowly but Erdstrom was authorised to put the signature of the Pontiff to the document. "This seems well to me. I'm glad that we could reach an agreement on the matter, Herr O'Malley."

"Quite satisfactory, indeed," Erdstrom repeated, "I hope this develops into far greater economic opportunities for both our nations."
[/quote]

"Thank you very much Adjutor Erstrom, this will indeed develop into far greater economic opportunities for the both of us." O'Malley stated as he retook the copy and recopied it for himself. He then proceeded to return that copy back to Adjutor Erdstrom. "You'll hear a lot more for our Department of Commerce later. This was the scenario I was hoping to see here at the forum." O'Malley sighed. "At least we can say we're not leaving entirely empty-handed."

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1326751968' post='2901096']
"Thank you very much Adjutor Erstrom, this will indeed develop into far greater economic opportunities for the both of us." O'Malley stated as he retook the copy and recopied it for himself. He then proceeded to return that copy back to Adjutor Erdstrom. "You'll hear a lot more for our Department of Commerce later. This was the scenario I was hoping to see here at the forum." O'Malley sighed. "At least we can say we're not leaving entirely empty-handed."
[/quote]

"Exactly my own feeling. I'm very glad we could reach some sort of agreement. Perhaps we Western nations of the American continent will find the common ground that we could not reach with many of these Eastern nations here today."

The Umbrella representative was still sat watching all these treaties being signed. The collapse of the meeting as a whole showed a near complete lack of competancy amongst some of the younger, smaller countries. He had yet to say a word and so sat quietly taking notes whilst he waited for somebody to notice him.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1326760779' post='2901199']
"Exactly my own feeling. I'm very glad we could reach some sort of agreement. Perhaps we Western nations of the American continent will find the common ground that we could not reach with many of these Eastern nations here today."
[/quote]

"Well, Adjutor Erdstrom, it's been an honorable pleasure talking to you and California hopes for the best for your nation. Anytime you want to visit California, just let us know." O'Malley concluded. He would close his briefcase again with the treaty inside and spotting another quiet delegate in the conference room writing.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1326761310' post='2901205']
The Umbrella representative was still sat watching all these treaties being signed. The collapse of the meeting as a whole showed a near complete lack of competancy amongst some of the younger, smaller countries. He had yet to say a word and so sat quietly taking notes whilst he waited for somebody to notice him.
[/quote]

"May I inquire as to whom you represent, name and title may I ask?" O'Malley asked offering his right hand for a handshake, "Pardon me, the name is Kevin O'Malley, Secretary of State of California. What do you seek from this shambles of a forum?"

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1326763959' post='2901234']
"May I inquire as to whom you represent, name and title may I ask?" O'Malley asked offering his right hand for a handshake, "Pardon me, the name is Kevin O'Malley, Secretary of State of California. What do you seek from this shambles of a forum?"
[/quote]
Looking up in surprise, Michael quickly returned the handshake and stood.

"h hello there Mr O'Mally. I am Michael Bolton, ambassador from the Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil. I was sent here to repesent us at this forum, but i saw little to no progress being made. Talk of war and glory bores me Mr O'Malley, your speech was far more sensible and reasonable. I dont have time for immature countries talking trash and attempting to be more important than they actually are. Countries like those cause wars."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1326765001' post='2901246']
Looking up in surprise, Michael quickly returned the handshake and stood.

"h hello there Mr O'Mally. I am Michael Bolton, ambassador from the Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil. I was sent here to repesent us at this forum, but i saw little to no progress being made. Talk of war and glory bores me Mr O'Malley, your speech was far more sensible and reasonable. I dont have time for immature countries talking trash and attempting to be more important than they actually are. Countries like those cause wars."
[/quote]

"Thank you for your compliments Mister Bolton. Indeed you are right sir, this forum has gotten many of us nowhere; however, I must admit, most of us don't even know each other to formulate these grand treaties to bind us together. Mutual defense to strangers? No, Mister Bolton, nobody is ready for that yet at the scale some presented here today, myself included. California knows it's place in the Hemisphere, we're not a global power, we're just busy to know our neighbors and develop basic relations.

So corporate territories? So your form of government is more or less a big business operation? If not, I would like to hear more about your country." O'Malley would inquiry.

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1326767078' post='2901267']
"Thank you for your compliments Mister Bolton. Indeed you are right sir, this forum has gotten many of us nowhere; however, I must admit, most of us don't even know each other to formulate these grand treaties to bind us together. Mutual defense to strangers? No, Mister Bolton, nobody is ready for that yet at the scale some presented here today, myself included. California knows it's place in the Hemisphere, we're not a global power, we're just busy to know our neighbors and develop basic relations.

So corporate territories? So your form of government is more or less a big business operation? If not, I would like to hear more about your country." O'Malley would inquiry.
[/quote]

"The Umbrella Party, the nations first political party was formed after the formation of political parties was made legal under our new Government. Chancellor Wesker leads the political wing of the Corporation. With this came democratic elections. Wesker, being the sole owner of the Corporation decided on the move to further seperate state and company. Wesker then nationalised the Corporation, making it an asset of the Umbrella Party. Whilst the Corporation no longer plays a role in national politics, it is used as the main tool of the Party for defence, socioeconomic projects and national infrastructure." he replied before taking a breath and continuing.

"Chancellor Wesker passed into the law the changes of the Social Security System which benefit those earning wages lower than the national average. This change was aimed at giving the lower classes of society some financial breathing space. Furthermore, Umbrella Party officials working with regional Government leaders have already undertaken a series of community initiatives such as out of hours schooling lessons, night courses for adults to gain further qualification and many fun activities designed to bring communities together.

Not to mention the next phase of this years Party project which is to provide nationwide, free education for all children up to the age of eighteen years old through the Corporation. Corporate run schools and colleges will offer free education because children are any nations future and we believe everybody is entitled to learn. Corporate Universities however, are not be free, but several initiatives including Corporation Sponsored scholarship programs would allow many students to gain free tuition by the state. Furthermore, those wishing to join the Umbrella Corporation Defence Force, but want to go to University first, will be offered free higher education in exchange for a five year contract with the military.

Healthcare has also received a massive boost with the construction of many new Corporate hospitals, medical centers and clinics across the northern region, a location in the country known for lower healthcare coverage. The Corporation is striving to provide free healthcare to all registered citizens in compliance with Party policy.

The Umbrella Corporation is always recruiting workers and after being Nationalised, many, many more divisions opened up and need staffing. Hundreds of thousands of vacancies opened for skilled and unskilled workers. If a citizen speaks to his local Umbrella Party authority, they can get information on how to sign up to the Umbrella Corporation apprenticeship scheme. The UCA is a project which works in tandem with the other educational institutes to help ensure that the people will always have the ability, to learn a trade, or learn a new trade.

The Chancellor has legalised trade unions, something formerly illegal under the old regime. With this came many new regulations to safeguard against corruption and theft. All union pensions could be paid into a party monitered fund. It just means the Unions will still control their investment, but the party will ensure it is kept secure to protect the pensions of the workers. Investment into the party monitered fund will mean that for example, for every one dollar invested, the Corporation will add a further fifty cents. While Unions are free to invest their pension funds as their member's see fit, the Party is eager to ensure our citizen's retirements with matching contributions via this party sponsored scheme."

Michael finally stopped speaking, he took a quick drink before finishing.
"Oh and the Party Motto is "The Umbrella Party, sheltering people from the rains of hard living". Sorry about that, its something I have rehersed many times in my mind and it just sort of flows out when I get asked about the country I represent. It doesnt help that this is only my second diplomatic mission since being given the job. Its a bloody nightmare sometimes Mr O'Malley".