The American Forum

Michael McBride

Governor Bronston had more or less given up on the hope of actually getting something accomplished at the forum. Such high hopes too, or so he had naively thought. Upon seeing representatives (even national leaders!) begin to up and leave the conference he was struck with disbelief. The behavior here was so atrocious, even juvenile at times. "Oh Well" he thought to himself. One of Bronston's more useful virtues was patience and so he would remain at the conference as a polite gesture. He too was frustrated but what did you really expect to accomplish when you cram a bunch of nations together when most of them haven't had any ties whatsoever with many of the others. There was always the tiny chance something would happen but he didn't really believe that. The governor looked at his wristwatch and let out a small sigh, he just took a drink from his water bottle and remained seated looking upon the debacle politely. After this was done hopefully he'd be able to arrange a meeting with the Commonwealth's neighboring states.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1326770342' post='2901307']
-snip-
[/quote]

Secretary O'Malley would listen politely to Micheal speak about his country and what it has done for it's people in recent history. He would give the occassional, "Mhmm." or "Ah, okay." to convey that he was still paying attention. The information Ambassador Bolton gave to O'Malley was more than what he was expecting from him, but it was very informative to him nonetheless.

O'Malley would reply, "You have a very interesting country Ambassador Bolton, I am glad your government is looking out for it's people. Your party backs up it's motto with very deep actions, your people should be very pleased with such an honorable government. Don't worry, Ambassador Bolton, your description of your country, while it may be a script, it's very informative and gives such a strong impression of your country in which you serve. You described your country with passion, and that's what counts at the end of the day."

Kevin nodded in agreement about Micheal's last statement and went into a sort of a mentor state for Micheal stating, "It definitely can be a nightmare sometimes, I know this all too well as a fellow diplomat. However, it's also the joy of being one, knowing that your the guy who can either make it or break a relationship between nations. I wouldn't stress about how you pitch about your nation, you're doing a fine job. Keep up the passion and what your government expects of you on the negotiation table, and stick to your guns, through this you'll be considered a fine diplomat."

"To be honest, I have no impression to give about California except what I believe as promoting regional security for ourselves and develop our industries for exporting product abroad. I can admit freely that California isn't a global power, but we like to get to know other nations. Our industries are technology and a massive agricultural base we like to develop more. We like to give everyone a fair chance to experience the hospitality and growth of California, and with the impression you gave me about Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil, I think I want California to know more than what you just told me and vice-versa." O'Malley continued.

"California would like to offer a simple, basic treaty of non-aggression and economic development treaty Ambassador Bolton. This is sorta like, 'We like you, so let's get acquainted' treaty. It's a treaty we give to all nations that we don't know at first, then later customize it to our particular needs and desire. We desire small steps to know people, instead of what has occurred here today in New York." O'Malley explained as he opened his briefcase with another basic treaty outlined with blank spaces underlined to be filled out, but with the articles already draft, just much like the treaty just signed between California and Kuklos. "It's already signed by me and has President Farren's signature already on it digitally." O'Malley continued explaining, "Just let me know what you think?"

[quote]The Californian Republic and Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil Friendship Pact

[b]Preamble:[/b]
We, the Californian Republic and the Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil, in the interest of improving relations between our nations hereby sign this document. In this, we seek to develop our economics, provide the opportunities to grow our potential as a nation and economically, and agree to not have hostilities between each other for as long as this document is binding.

[b]Article I: Sovereignty & Non-aggression[/b]
Each signatory shall recognize the sovereignty of the each other, and as such shall pledge themselves to a peaceful co-existance and non-aggression. Both signatories shall not commit hostile actions against the each other in any way, including but not limited to waging war or conducting espionage.

[b]Article II: Economic Development[/b]
[b]1.[/b] Each signatory shall agree to reduce or eliminate tariffs on goods and products from the each other, with the tariff rate set as agreed upon by both nations.
[b]2.[/b] Each signatory agrees to promote public and private business endeavors between us in the interest of growing our economies.
[b]3. [/b]Each signatory agrees to help facilitate the smooth operations of goods moving on various modes of interstate commerce between us.

[b]Article III: Future Considerations[/b]
[b]1.[/b] Both signatories agree to review this treaty in a year's time, to resign or add provisions based the conditions of our relationship

Signed this day of the 16th of January 2052,

For the Corporate Territories of Uruguay and Southern Brazil,

[b]For the Calfornian Republic,[/b]

Colin Farren
[i]President of the Californian Republic[/i]

Kevin O'Malley
[i]Secretary of State[/i][/quote]

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Tanis777