Back (again)

Rexy

So, been absent from the game for almost a year now, due to real life being too busy.

For those of you who don't know me (most of you) or who do know me, I started in January '07 and played for a bit. Seems like such a long time ago now. I also led the MCXA for a little while.

What's been happening folks?

[quote name='dcrews20' timestamp='1325004117' post='2887305']
Nothing much *cough Global War *cough

Also, MCXA has already surrendered :D
[/quote]

Well, I suppose I'm technically unaligned at the moment...

My biggest critique of the MCXA is their lack of ability to kick heads in the post-Initiative/Continuum days. All due credit to the current leaders however, trying to run that alliance is like wrestling a crocodile! (They have studies/jobs to cater to as well.)

Looks like the same lines in the sand as usual. Ah well.

[quote name='Rexy' timestamp='1325004958' post='2887310']
Well, I suppose I'm technically unaligned at the moment...

My biggest critique of the MCXA is their lack of ability to kick heads in the post-Initiative/Continuum days. All due credit to the current leaders however, trying to run that alliance is like wrestling a crocodile! (They have studies/jobs to cater to as well.)

Looks like the same lines in the sand as usual. Ah well.
[/quote]
I suppose MCXA ability (or lack thereof) was not as much of a factor in the surrender as the dogpile of alliances on top of her was.

[quote name='Dion de Vermiis' timestamp='1325013051' post='2887383']
I suppose MCXA ability (or lack thereof) was not as much of a factor in the surrender as the dogpile of alliances on top of her was.
[/quote]

It actually had nothing to do with either of these. We went in with GDA and when they wanted out there was no longer a reason for us to stay in. If GDA were still in now, we would still be in as well.

Hi Rextu, I'm going to give you a month before you delete... again ;)

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325020238' post='2887441']
It actually had nothing to do with either of these. We went in with GDA and when they wanted out there was no longer a reason for us to stay in. If GDA were still in now, we would still be in as well.

[/quote]

Yeah pretty much this, MCXA are a bunch of really bad OWF posters who need to learn to stop talking at times, but they did defend their allies without regard to their own safety and when their allies wanted out they didn't hold them in to try and prove themselves.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1325020559' post='2887446']
Yeah pretty much this, MCXA are a bunch of really bad OWF posters who need to learn to stop talking at times, but they did defend their allies without regard to their own safety and when their allies wanted out they didn't hold them in to try and prove themselves.
[/quote]

Thx Shouas, although I will admit, when talking to GDA asking them to stay in longer for us to prove we were prepared to fihght longer. I had to keep saying to myself (mentally) "It's a !@#$% thing to do, it's a !@#$% thing to do. Its a..."

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325020238' post='2887441']
[/quote]

Yeah, give or take. But I have a reminder app on my iPhone now!

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1325041902' post='2887734']
Join Deinos, everyone else does it.
[/quote]

Got the message earlier today. $60mil is tempting....

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325020735' post='2887448']
Thx Shouas, although I will admit, when talking to GDA asking them to stay in longer for us to prove we were prepared to fihght longer. I had to keep saying to myself (mentally) "It's a !@#$% thing to do, it's a !@#$% thing to do. Its a..."
[/quote]

you know, if you were prepared to fight longer, you just needed to let us know. We weren't doing anything special.

The decision to surrender was yours and yours alone. Stop trying to make it sound heroic, it doesn't work.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1325060559' post='2887878']
you know, if you were prepared to fight longer, you just needed to let us know. We weren't doing anything special.

The decision to surrender was yours and yours alone. Stop trying to make it sound heroic, it doesn't work.
[/quote]

Oh just put the lamenting of what could have happened into a box and let it bugger off.

[quote name='Rexy' timestamp='1325062737' post='2887888']
Oh just put the lamenting of what could have happened into a box and let it bugger off.
[/quote]
I do believe supercoolyellow absolutely started that.