Disgraceful War Tactics

MasterChief

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323648803' post='2874399']
I guess my issue here is trying to figure out how a misunderstanding like that could happen. Where did he get the idea that he should be asking for peace when you were not yet accepting surrender?
[/quote]

I tried to explain that above. This is his first time in a major alliance war. Prior to being in BN he was in the same alliance I was, and we focused on selling tech and stayed out of wars. His primary experience with war has NOT been alliance wars but with fighting off tech raiders. In those situations, we encouraged people to do what they wanted with the tech raider - offer peace or not, make their own deals (or not.)

Also, as Jack has said, English is not his first language. I can see how the message could be interpreted wrong, but basically all he's saying on his own is that the attack is nothing personal and if the dude wants to surrender he can. Then he got told by jack that he doesn't have that authority. Misunderstanding, nothing more.

(although IF people really insist on making this a bigger deal than it is and want to praise him for great war tactics, feel free ;) )

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1323625312' post='2873985']
Haha GOD has noobs

[b]GOD - They don't make'em like they used to[/b]

EDIT: inb4 FEAR has noobs too!!111!!1

FEAR is allowed to have noobs, expectations are higher for GOD.
[/quote]

I'm not a noob, just knew this would spark an argumentative debate of some sort. I have been around since 2007, I just thought it prudent to post such a rude way of war that is becoming ALL too common.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323625538' post='2873990']
If you think that's horrible, MCXA is nuking no nuke nations. I've nuked this one guys three times now. :awesome:

All joking aside masterchief, I don't think there is anything dishonorable about turning down a peace a request, and almost all of CN would agree, making that the norm.
[/quote]

I understand sir.!

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1323627588' post='2874056']
Are you kidding me? You !@#$@#$ coward. I hope they ZI your dumb ass and then you can move to GPA
[/quote]

Wouldn't be the first time I got Zi'd lol, but not being a cowards just wanted to spark a debate on how warfare is conducted. Secondly, I have already apologized to the BN about it so why is this topic still going on?

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323602986' post='2873781']
No this is a disgusting form of tactics that will be noted about your alliance in future terms. If not then the political jest of this planet has nothing but NWO written all over it.
[/quote]

Yeah, like anyone really cares about what you or your garbage alliance have to say on such matters.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1323632524' post='2874159']
cambenito was a member of United under Scorn (US), and followed me after US disbanded. He is the type that pays NO attention to politics whatsoever. We all have those types in our alliances. All his war experience up to this point has been dealing with tech raiders and one small adventure into non-aligned land where he had a little fun for a bit. He is not familiar with the "common practice" of what's done or not done during an alliance war. In US, we just let people offer/accept peace or not (their choice) when dealing with raids. He probably just assumed that's what is always done in war. Once Jack clarified, he realized his mistake and corrected it.

This is an "I'm an alliance war noob" mistake and NOT some sort of larger plot. Give cambenito a break. Not everyone is familiar with the finer points of how alliance wars are conducted and peace is made or not during them.

He just made a wrong assumption and corrected it when his alliance leader told him to. Same thing any other national leader who is loyal to his alliance would do in that situation.
[/quote]

Much appreciated sir, I was merely pointing out that leaders and members need to connect basis more. You are 100% right!

Conversation of this to myself and BN is over in our given opinion, we have agreed that I jumped the gun in posting this topic instead of bringing it up to their government. No more is to argue about, AND I so apologize for myself in behalf of Camaroland and the grievance I have given BN.

No this is a [b]disgusting form of tactics that will be noted about your alliance in future terms[/b]. If not then the political jest of this planet has nothing but NWO written all over it.
[/quote]
You understand which AA you're on right?

Quit whining and deal with nuclear anarchy.

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323659130' post='2874558']
Conversation of this to myself and BN is over in our given opinion, we have agreed that I jumped the gun in posting this topic instead of bringing it up to their government. No more is to argue about, AND I so apologize for myself in behalf of Camaroland and the grievance I have given BN.
[/quote]

Due in no small part to this thread, we have now published [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107435]individual surrender terms[/url] if you are still interested in getting peace.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1323668032' post='2874837']
Due in no small part to this thread, we have now published [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107435]individual surrender terms[/url] if you are still interested in getting peace.
[/quote]
Probably going to attack those in the PoW camp too. Evil !@#$%^&* :P

[quote name='TheDoctor' timestamp='1323649484' post='2874409']
Fair enough. Thank you for your time, I know you could have just as easily ignored it or went with the ever popular "lols stfu deal with it" type response and it speaks well to your character that you didn't.
[/quote]

The issue is this (--) big.

The issue you think is how big (-------------)

Better of finding a better topic to keep your interest.

From a former member of a dh alliance, sent to my nation during our conflict:

[quote]To: williambonney From: Uranium Date: 1/30/2011 12:51:53 PM

Subject: Tech deal

Message: Hi I'm a growing nation looking to sell tech, I offer 150 technology for 3 million dollars. If you want to buy just send me $3 million in aid with the reason '3m/150t' and I will start sending you your tech.
[/quote]

[quote]To: williambonney From: Uranium Date: 1/31/2011 6:00:11 AM

Subject: tech deal 2

Message: Hey you got sent a message about a tech deal yesterday and i got a lot of people interested but unfortunately i had only one slot open so that was pretty quickly filled!

However, three of my slots opened up today and i'm pleased to say that i am offering three more 3m/150t deals to fill those slots. Just send me $3 million with '3m/150t' in the reason and we're good to go!

Yours sincerely,
Uranium[/quote]

Seriously dude, your situation sounds more like a miscue if you ask me.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1323661100' post='2874588']
We make it a point to nuke non-nuclear nations. Tough love and all

SHould have spent the 100 million on an MP instead of more land and infra.
[/quote]

That's what I was telling him in game, he had a lol moment against me. All is good though, having fun trading shots n getting owned by nukezors >:o.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1323669564' post='2874901']
The issue is this (--) big.

The issue you think is how big (-------------)

Better of finding a better topic to keep your interest.
[/quote]
I'm aware unfortunately the small and mundane are all that I have available to discuss on these forums so I have to try and make the most of it.

No this is a disgusting form of tactics that will be noted about your alliance in future terms. If not then the political jest of this planet has nothing but NWO written all over it.
[/quote]
You wouldn't have been a very good member if you accepted that peace...

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1323720529' post='2875502']
You wouldn't have been a very good member if you accepted that peace...
[/quote]

He might as well now. He basically announced to the world he was ready to peace on the first day of the war. I'd imagine he ends up on the bottom of the GOD for awhile after this fine display of military loyalty. Seems like an excellent time to go spend a few months in a neutral alliance and hope everyone forgets your name. Even his own alliance members are ripping him here (unless my sarcasm detector needs some new batteries).

[quote name='MasterChief' timestamp='1323601513' post='2873773']
Same day I send him peace, guess what he does the next day?

He lied so I would not attack him back. This is the type of warfare these alliances are coming to? Lies and deceit though you are already at 4:1 odds really?
[/quote]
Are you serious about this ethics nonsense? You try to use morality against someone that obviously smarter than you

Why you buy it at the first place? Did you get order to accepting peace from your govt?

Cause the way I see it, you're trying to make your own deal here, by peacing out while your alliance need your muscle.

Still wanna talk about morality, dood?