FAN Announcement

mpol777

[quote name='SirSqueeboo' timestamp='1323396012' post='2869997']
1) It's "throes", not throws

2) Tactic for the weak? It's called total war. Welcome to the big leagues son.
[/quote]

FAN is a pretty small-market team in this league then.

I daresay, you'll be paying for it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1323395866' post='2869992']
You took the context of what I was saying and completely flipped the meaning of it. I said that you don't contribute to the world dynamic. Which is true. You don't. You will admit to this. You admitted to it with this thread.

That is completely different than strategies to winning a war against you. We fight to win. So even if you are politically irrelevant, you still [s]have[/s] had 5 million NS to your alliance. Can you see how that is a completely different discussion?
[/quote]

You forgot your picture of a firearm.

[quote name='GSPatton' timestamp='1323399373' post='2870058']
You forgot your picture of a firearm.
[/quote]
Oh yes. How could I forget.

[img]http://rlv.zcache.com/finger_gun_pistol_shooting_hand_sign_gesture_sticker-p217874183463279422qjcl_400.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1323372135' post='2869418']
The thing I love about FAN is that you know they are [b]never[/b] going to change. They will always be the same awesome alliance they were when they got here.

At this point I don't think anyone can claim to be as resilient as FAN, except maybe Polar. So yeah, I'm gonna put my bets on mpol.
[/quote]

What are you betting? I want to know what to ask for from you when I am still there, broken or whole.. pothole or giant. At least this is one victory I would be guaranteed. I would rule a cinder just to defy your bet. Mpol could be there to witness it if he keeps his part of the promise. We could then do 3 way geopolitics and rule as Bob's only 3 remaining powers.

We could also then reminisce of times of grandeur and those times we had to ground attack in 15 feet of snow up a hill, both ways.. and the nukes were so large they melted the polar ice caps resulting in the highest GRL ever recorded.. and the fallout.. oh how it made the snow glow a bright and glossy green across the landscape.

Reminisce of those days when we actually had to be picky about our trade partners instead of just deciding what we were going to produce and the youngns didn't have a lick of sense to organize their own trading rings.

I can see it now.. it will be glorious.. but I predict the other two of you would rather suicide rather than sit with me around a campfire and singing cumbaya, thus, I will inevitably be the last person on Bob.. if it ends that way.

Hrmm.. and if you win.. which you won't.. I bet a toothbrush. When you're all alone in the world it's the little things that matter. You'll need it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Hey FAN, Im still waiting for that "Going out with a BANG" momentum, come on! I have two FAN nations that I declared on and Im still standing, you can either fill up the rest of my slots or you can ask your two nations to actually fight back please? one nuke a day wont keep me down you know.

[quote name='Kanecyn' timestamp='1323390000' post='2869842']
That's about right. All's fair in love and war son. Daddy shoulda taught you that. By the way, der furher grammar Goebbels wanted me to tell you its throes and not throws. Just for future reference and all.
[/quote]

Der Grammar Furher should also point out that "shoulda" is not a word, and "just for future reference and all" is not a sentance.

But then again, it's kind of silly and childish to resort to goose stepping to Der Grammar Furher's beat while on a message board, eh?

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1323426180' post='2870790']
Hey FAN, Im still waiting for that "Going out with a BANG" momentum, come on! I have two FAN nations that I declared on and Im still standing, you can either fill up the rest of my slots or you can ask your two nations to actually fight back please? one nuke a day wont keep me down you know.
[/quote]

Not sure about the guy youre fighting, but I was already engaged with 4 nations when 2 NATO nations finally declared on me.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1323394192' post='2869958']
It's because of alliances that push the boundaries of the world through politicking and instigating. Without the "absurdity of contemporary politics", things would have never been interesting.
[/quote]

If you consider the current state of Planet Bob interesting then there really isn't any hope for you. FAN isn't the power it once was. I think that's fairly obvious. While we don't have the physical strength we once had at least we still have our balls. If we did have the strength I would seek to kill every last one of you and break every convention that people hold so dear. But we don't and our attempts to find anyone that isn't content just existing that has that kind of stroke came up empty. At this point all we can do is wait until enough of your die off from the pathetic nature of your existence. As the population of the planet decreases, we get stronger. All we have to do is be patient. Something we are very good at.

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323447481' post='2870969']
If you consider the current state of Planet Bob interesting then there really isn't any hope for you. FAN isn't the power it once was. I think that's fairly obvious. While we don't have the physical strength we once had at least we still have our balls. If we did have the strength I would seek to kill every last one of you and break every convention that people hold so dear. But we don't and our attempts to find anyone that isn't content just existing that has that kind of stroke came up empty. At this point all we can do is wait until enough of your die off from the pathetic nature of your existence. As the population of the planet decreases, we get stronger. All we have to do is be patient. Something we are very good at.
[/quote]

I wouldn't take pride of the fact that you get stronger by waiting. You can also actively find people who are interested in helping you with breaking those conventions. It takes literally no skill to wait and get stronger (the majority of Planet BOB already does for example). It's those that get stronger by actually doing something I respect. That said, I respected FAN for what they did in the past to spice things up but I cannot respect you any longer if you really support what you just said.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1323447688' post='2870973']
I wouldn't take pride of the fact that you get stronger by waiting. You can also actively find people who are interested in helping you with breaking those conventions. It takes literally no skill to wait and get stronger (the majority of Planet BOB already does for example). It's those that get stronger by actually doing something I respect. That said, I respected FAN for what they did in the past to spice things up but I cannot respect you any longer if you really support what you just said.
[/quote]

We could find those types of people IF they existed. It's not my fault the world is comprised of people that wet the bed.

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323447850' post='2870975']
We could find those types of people IF they existed. It's not my fault the world is comprised of people that wet the bed.
[/quote]

It's surely not anyone you are tied to. Broaden your horizons a little, I'd say.

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323447850' post='2870975']
[/quote]

NPO and FAN glory days was when they were tied together with a treaty why not an ODP between NPO and FAN after the war? NPO did it with MK why not FAN?

Let us make it happen and shock the world.

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323450142' post='2870995']
We're not tied to anyone. Unlike the rest of the world.
[/quote]
Eh, it's nice hyperbole, but there's a limit to how much I can buy. I'm aware of a few groups that would be willing to do what you keep on espousing, but [i]you yourselves have already demonstrated no interest in working with them, even when their policies more closely mirrored your own ideals[/i]. So I take your self-righteousness with a grain of salt, no offense meant.

Declaring on the NPO with Fark isn't about balls, or "changing the face of the game", it's just a tired old story that's been repeated elsewhere so many times by a bunch of different characters, and is likely the only real reason FAN sticks around here.

Grudges are nice and fair game and all that, but dressing it up as something glorious, or honorable, or hell, even exciting is completely misrepresenting the truth of the matter. That's certainly my take, at least.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1323451788' post='2871015']
Eh, it's nice hyperbole, but there's a limit to how much I can buy. I'm aware of a few groups that would be willing to do what you keep on espousing, but [i]you yourselves have already demonstrated no interest in working with them, even when their policies more closely mirrored your own ideals[/i]. So I take your self-righteousness with a grain of salt, no offense meant.

Declaring on the NPO with Fark isn't about balls, or "changing the face of the game", it's just a tired old story that's been repeated elsewhere so many times by a bunch of different characters, and is likely the only real reason FAN sticks around here.

Grudges are nice and fair game and all that, but dressing it up as something glorious, or honorable, or hell, even exciting is completely misrepresenting the truth of the matter. That's certainly my take, at least.
[/quote]

Declaring on NPO wasn't so much a question of 'why' as it was 'why not'. The 'grudge' is there, but certainly wasn't a determining factor. Can you think of a reason why we should [b]not[/b] be at war? I can't think of one. I agree we don't stand to gain much of anything. We also don't stand to lose much of anything. It's a wash. And I agree that this whole war, and really much of the time before now, is a total yawner. What suffices for tasty drama now wouldn't have made a blip on the radar in years past.

We spent a considerable amount of time and energy in trying to point out to the world that they are living in !@#$. That their treaties and false sense of power in reality makes them weaker. It's like talking to a rock. In the end, people preferred this mind numbing existence to anything that might entail some risk. Maybe someone will step up. When they do I'll join them... or fight against them... whichever makes life !@#$%* for the most amount of people.

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323452910' post='2871029']
Declaring on NPO wasn't so much a question of 'why' as it was 'why not'. The 'grudge' is there, but certainly wasn't a determining factor. Can you think of a reason why we should [b]not[/b] be at war? I can't think of one. I agree we don't stand to gain much of anything. We also don't stand to lose much of anything. It's a wash. And I agree that this whole war, and really much of the time before now, is a total yawner. What suffices for tasty drama now wouldn't have made a blip on the radar in years past.

We spent a considerable amount of time and energy in trying to point out to the world that they are living in !@#$. That their treaties and false sense of power in reality makes them weaker. It's like talking to a rock. In the end, people preferred this mind numbing existence to anything that might entail some risk. Maybe someone will step up. When they do I'll join them... or fight against them... whichever makes life !@#$%* for the most amount of people.
[/quote]
As long as we're in agreement that this isn't really all that interesting to watch, then I don't mind agreeing with you on the rest of this stuff either.

I'm all for "why not", after all.

[quote name='Daeryon' timestamp='1323431748' post='2870837']
Der Grammar Furher should also point out that "shoulda" is not a word, and "just for future reference and all" is not a sentance.

But then again, it's kind of silly and childish to resort to goose stepping to Der Grammar Furher's beat while on a message board, eh?
[/quote]

sentance? Really? After that witty and sharp response, you can't even properly spell a word from 3rd grade english? Just stop. Now. Seriously.

[/quote]

This sounds a lot like the things NATO has been saying to itself recently. Glad we are fighting a fitting match. We're in this for a while I think. Good that we can keep it a business type relationship.

Also, Perc., don't be that guy.

[/quote]

Can we merge into you after this war?

<3

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1323452910' post='2871029']
Declaring on NPO wasn't so much a question of 'why' as it was 'why not'. The 'grudge' is there, but certainly wasn't a determining factor. Can you think of a reason why we should [b]not[/b] be at war?
[/quote]

[s]Your alliance will get crushed[/s]

[s]People will lose respect for you [/s]

[s]Your NS will drop through the floor[/s]

[s]Members will leave rather than be embarrassed by this rather humiliating defeat[/s]

[s]It will take months to rebuild[/s]

[s]someone will probally have to pay reps[/s]

[s]Trolling of your alliance and members for this move[/s]

[s]Getting me to come out of the wood work after 4 years to post[/s]

[s]People will now be watching you incase you pull anything like this again[/s]

(im bored of listing things now)

Dam i have to agree with Mpol here and feel dirty! but he is right! there is no reason not to be at war :smug:

[img]pointless pic of a gun[img]

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1323458758' post='2871081']
We can stop warring now. Bob has officially ended. Dany2J has posted, a sure sign of the end times. Ah, who cares! Keep firing anyway!

[/quote]

This made me lol

:wub: Mael