FAN Announcement

mpol777

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see you making your own fun. More power to you on that bit.

[quote name='Watson895' timestamp='1323319035' post='2868268']

Unfortunately NPO saw fit to call in their TPF dogs to defend them, even though we planned this as a nice even fight, where nobody could claim the fight was over before it began, but was entirely based on skill and activity. NATO is more effective, however, of the two. We always wanted to fight them, and we are happy to have the chance, good luck.

[/quote]
Sadly, no plan survives first contact with the enemy. But hey, i doubt you will be running out of bullets anytime soon. So yeah, have fun.

Also, here is a shout out to Jack Tarr! The best goshdarned diplomat i have seen in a long while!

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1323320433' post='2868383']
Also, here is a shout out to Jack Tarr! The best goshdarned diplomat i have seen in a long while!
[/quote]

I agree, I may not like FAN much, but Jack Tarr is one hell of a diplomat.

Jesus guys, FAN barely plays cybernations anymore. We play a few games actively now, and CN surely isn't one of them. Hell, two thirds of FAN's old guard don't play anymore.

We were bored, war started, so we said to hell with peace lets return to the old days, when CN was fun. So we attacked NPO to escalate this war to a more fun level. Who else would you expect us to attack, GPA? Unfortunately NPO saw fit to call in their TPF dogs to defend them, even though we planned this as a nice even fight, where nobody could claim the fight was over before it began, but was entirely based on skill and activity. NATO is more effective, however, of the two. We always wanted to fight them, and we are happy to have the chance, good luck.

As to the treaty thing, those who know, know that we could have requested their aid, but it's not what we wanted. We wanted some fun in a rapidly declining game, nothing more.
[/quote]
I get why FAN attacked, but I don't get why FAN begrudges NPO calling its allies in. I don't recall NPO's allies specifically countering FAN last war, so you couldn't expect NPO to keep taking attacks from FAN for as many times as you wanted to attack them (how does NPO know that this is the last?) without reciprocating. Further, FAN attacked with Fark, which meant that this attack became part of a broader coalition war.

I respect FAN, but you shouldn't expect special treatment just because you have a longstanding grudge with NPO, for which you have already attacked them in the past. You joined in the curbstomp last time, and it is only reasonable to expect that NPO would respond in kind now that it appears to have the upper hand instead.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1323323428' post='2868636']
"You can't insult us for failing because we don't care if we fail."

Is that really the story now? BEcause it's pretty easy to see straight through.
[/quote]

As someone who spent time in FAN you should have a better view of our stance on things and the way we play the game. I guess this is part of why you were expelled?

It isnt that we care if we win or not. Hell, If you are going to do something without trying, why bother doing it to begin with? We did realize that even with FARK we were unlikely to win this war. FAN+FARK is smaller than NPO in almost every conceivable catagory. Then add their treaty partners to the mix.

But we like destroying !@#$. Bottom line, we REALLy like destroying !@#$. I am fighting 5 opponents. The odds are not in my favor. Im content though and "life" on planet bob is fun again, for a few days.. or weeks.. or if we are lucky months. Did I mention we really get our rocks off on destroying !@#$?

Here is the best compliment that we can give anyone in game though. Seriously.. are you ready for it? FAN keeps attacking NPO because NPO is really the only alliance worth attacking. We cant stand NPO. We dont like NPO. They are our Darth Vader. They are our Joker. They are our Green Goblin. Finally, they are a worthy opponent. If NPO suddenly ceased to exist today (or you know, dec 25th for those of you who want to give us a christmas present) We would rejoice. We would party.. Get drunk and rape some priests or something. Then when the hangovers started clearing up a few months later (for those who didnt die from alcohol poisoning or OD on blow) .. a deep sadness would set in when we realize that there are no great bad guys left on planet bob.

We will ALWAYS fight NPO for as long as we continue to play CN though. Its what we do.

And always remember, our flowers grow in canned sunshine.

Edited by Damon

[quote name='Damon' timestamp='1323324377' post='2868691']
As someone who spent time in FAN you should have a better view of our stance on things and the way we play the game. I guess this is part of why you were expelled?
[/quote]

As someone who spent time in FAN, you should know that I know exactly the mentality with which y'all approach things, and it isn't the "I don't give a !@#$" mentality that you profess here. I remember when I got angry PMs for suggesting that we commit a Red Raiding Safari as a $%&@ you to NPO (I didn't use the term; that was invented when other alliances had the same idea as I did about 2-3 months late) because that was, in the words of FAN members "just the type of !@#$%^&* that will get us rolled again." I remember being chased out because my posting on the OWF was, in Kane's words "the type !@#$%^&* that got us into a war last time." You guys were literally so paralyzed by fear of what NPO did that you approached CN like a neutered puppy; you tried to make pretty much everyone but NPO happy, and I'd be surprised if you saw that MK and Fark were on different political sides until very recently.

However, I don't blame you for being the way you are these days, I just hate whenever you profess that you "just don't care" or that all of your opponents are "losers who cut themselves when they lose their pixels" because it's an obvious psychological ploy that most people grow out of by the time they're seven years old. You're just trying to put yourselves above others in your mind because they care, while at the same time you [i]clearly care as much as anyone else[/i]. There are plenty of people in this game who'd rather burn their infrastructure than build it; you're not alone in that. I just want you to admit that you're on this "planet" just like everyone else, and you're no better than anyone because of some preschoolish "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality. The only thing worse than spending time on Digiterra is doing so and pretending you don't want to. If you don't care then why are you here? You're no better than anyone of us, just admit that and I'll be happy.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1323325913' post='2868751']
As someone who spent time in FAN, you should know that I know exactly the mentality with which y'all approach things, and it isn't the "I don't give a !@#$" mentality that you profess here. I remember when I got angry PMs for suggesting that we commit a Red Raiding Safari as a $%&@ you to NPO (I didn't use the term; that was invented when other alliances had the same idea as I did about 2-3 months late) because that was, in the words of FAN members "just the type of !@#$%^&* that will get us rolled again." I remember being chased out because my posting on the OWF was, in Kane's words "the type !@#$%^&* that got us into a war last time." You guys were literally so paralyzed by fear of what NPO did that you approached CN like a neutered puppy; you tried to make pretty much everyone but NPO happy, and I'd be surprised if you saw that MK and Fark were on different political sides until very recently.

However, I don't blame you for being the way you are these days, I just hate whenever you profess that you "just don't care" or that all of your opponents are "losers who cut themselves when they lose their pixels" because it's an obvious psychological ploy that most people grow out of by the time they're seven years old. You're just trying to put yourselves above others in your mind because they care, while at the same time you [i]clearly care as much as anyone else[/i]. There are plenty of people in this game who'd rather burn their infrastructure than build it; you're not alone in that. I just want you to admit that you're on this "planet" just like everyone else, and you're no better than anyone because of some preschoolish "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality. The only thing worse than spending time on Digiterra is doing so and pretending you don't want to. If you don't care then why are you here? You're no better than anyone of us, just admit that and I'll be happy.
[/quote]

The one thing you are correct in, was about a 6 month period of "Look guys, chill and lets build some warchests so we can destroy some !@#$.". We had spent 2+ years in a war that drained most of our resources and getting involved in a fight with an empty 6 shooter is about as !@#$@#$ stupid a thing as you can do.

The disinterest in the game is there for us, except in terms of war. We LIKE being here during war. We have fun during war. The rest of the time, we really couldnt give a $%&@ less. For myself personally, I lost a 13k infra nation with almost a 2b warchest due to inactivity. For 25+ days straight, I didnt even think of CN. Although im on our forums daily. If that isnt the thoughts and actions of someone who doesnt care about CN I dont know what is. I DO care about FAN though, which is why I have nation and am fighting. I wont let my brothers have all the fun without me. Id be surprised if this nation lasts 3 months post war.

Edited by Damon

For me, its been essentially like fighting less competent GPA members so far.

I am up 200 tech and about 800 miles of land in 5 days. That isn't supposed to happen these days. My poor casualty count has fallen out of the top 100. :(

Unfortunately NPO saw fit to call in their TPF dogs to defend them, even though we planned this as a nice even fight, where nobody could claim the fight was over before it began, but was entirely based on skill and activity.
[/quote]

You didn't seriously think that you were going to be able to attack NPO and not have anybody counter you?

I've always found FAN to be a generally respectable group who are proficient fighters (although I'm being disappointed thus far in this war.), however the bottom line is that you've attacked our treaty partners twice in one year. You couldn't have possibly expected to be left alone, we're not out to satisfy your desires.

As for the portion of TPF in peace mode, we like to be prepared for different scenarios. It doesn't really look as if we need those nations, 5 days into this war and FAN is down over 1m NS and your nuclear stockpile has dropped by over 700, but I'm sure you'll be seeing those nations filling your war slots soon enough.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1323341518' post='2868971']
For once the NPO and their lackeys are quite right. It's unreasonable not to expect an alliance to call in their allies.
[/quote]

Why don't you get it right and call us what we are.

We aren't lackeys, we're meatshields.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1323345636' post='2869022']
This post wasn't the slightest bit funny, if that is what you were going for.
[/quote]

There are many topics which I would not defer to you on.

For example, topics with anything to do with trying to determine what is intelligent, rational, logical or funny.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Dany2j' timestamp='1323342084' post='2868978']
Awww i saw this posted and dared to hope that atleast 1 of my defence slot might get taken...then i saw the stats and that you only have 19 nations that are in war mode and not in anarchy :(
[/quote]

That will happen when engaged in a nuclear war y'know - do try to keep up on game mechanics

Going to break from the trend and say I'm enjoying my two TPF combatants - good banter, laughing at each others SDI horror stories, generally making the casualties grow and grow
/tips hat to Graham Keatley and Bio Bomber

NPO guys are disappointingly quiet my end :(

[quote name='hammer' timestamp='1323346341' post='2869035']
That will happen when engaged in a nuclear war y'know - do try to keep up on game mechanics
[/quote]

You know you do have 1 whole day before nukes fly right? This allows you to take more targets for 24 hours before you are put into anarchy

Just to clear that up for you ^_^