FAN Announcement

mpol777

[quote name='SirSqueeboo' timestamp='1323304637' post='2867939']
Sorry, but it's been TPF who has been claiming we're hiding in peace mode. Quoting the wrong person is as easy as a typo. Good try though.
[/quote]

I don't recall seeing any of our members do such a thing. If you could kindly point one out, I'd gladly hit him or her over the head for being stupid.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirSqueeboo' timestamp='1323304906' post='2867946']
Reading comprehension, how does that work? Misquotes are as common and simple as a typo.
[/quote]

Understanding how to properly call-out someone is not difficult. If you wanted to prove a point, the proper way to have done it was to simply post the facts themselves. But no, a member of BAPS was quoted to prove a point about TPF which makes utter nonsense. Now please can continue arguing that this wasn't a completely stupid mistake, along with the rest of the FAN posting in this thread.

I like FAN, but I was always kind of disappointed you didn't [i]do[/i] much post-Karma. You had great PR after NPO was vanquished. You could have had treaties with anyone you liked. In fact, you could have been at the head of your own bloc right now if you had capitalised on the general goodwill towards you. Certainly you had enough smart, capable people to achieve that. Instead you deliberately chose to fade into irrelevance and you only developed close relationships with a couple of alliances like Nordreich and Fark. You knew that you could never become a military alliance like you once were because NPO's war against you caused you permanent damage, but you still didn't put any effort into FA. I don't really get it.

Happy hunting, anyway. Nuke Cortath for me :v:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1323306876' post='2867977']
I like FAN, but I was always kind of disappointed you didn't [i]do[/i] much post-Karma. You had great PR after NPO was vanquished. You could have had treaties with anyone you liked. In fact, you could have been at the head of your own bloc right now if you had capitalised on the general goodwill towards you. Certainly you had enough smart, capable people to achieve that. Instead you deliberately chose to fade into irrelevance and you only developed close relationships with a couple of alliances like Nordreich and Fark. You knew that you could never become a military alliance like you once were because NPO's war against you caused you permanent damage, but you still didn't put any effort into FA. I don't really get it.

[/quote]

It's almost like they didn't care.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1323305128' post='2867953']
Understanding how to properly call-out someone is not difficult. If you wanted to prove a point, the proper way to have done it was to simply post the facts themselves. But no, a member of BAPS was quoted to prove a point about TPF which makes utter nonsense. Now please can continue arguing that this wasn't a completely stupid mistake, along with the rest of the FAN posting in this thread.
[/quote]

Maybe just maybe he was pointing out that his allies have far more in pm than we do and he should be saying the same thing or worse to them.

As for the people talking about how many that are in anarchy. Anarchy means nothing in this day in time since any time you are nuked your government is plunged into anarchy. If a nation is not in anarchy then it just means they have not been nuked yet.

[/quote]

They did put effort into FA, which is why they made a lot of friends. It just wasn't out in the open.

[/quote]
The world turned its back on FAN, so FAN turned its back on the world. [i]Duuuuuhhhhh.[/i]

Tickles my cold black heart to see so many new faces trying to sing the old, tired songs.

"Durrr, one of you is in peace mode!"

"Put your money where your... uh... where the... the thing... where, um... Give me money."

"LOLFAN" <--- this poor !@#$%^& got eaten by bears, by the way.

Keep up the hard work, kiddos, you're just about catching up with your fore-bearers.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1323307908' post='2867996']
It's almost like they didn't care.
[/quote]
/thread. Though Kalasins post was one of the only in this thread worth reading as well. It definitely would have been interesting to see more from FAN, but after you've been on your own for so long why would you want to rejoin the real world?

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1323305026' post='2867950']
I don't recall seeing any of our members do such a thing. If you could kindly point one out, I'd gladly hit him or her over the head for being stupid.
[/quote]

Big Bad.

Oh and before you read his post verbatim, I remind you to read between the lines.

Edited by SirSqueeboo

Reading between the lines tells me that this is looking to be FAN's final war. Godspeed mpol and the rest, blaze of glory is the best way of going out.

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1323301622' post='2867865']
(OOC) Yeah. Thanks for that. Jefferson was a fool. Deal with it. (/OOC)

You guys are exaggerating.
[/quote]

You or Jefferson???????????????
Well that is a debate for another day but one thing is for sure.............1 of you is a fool!!!

Jesus guys, FAN barely plays cybernations anymore. We play a few games actively now, and CN surely isn't one of them. Hell, two thirds of FAN's old guard don't play anymore.

We were bored, war started, so we said to hell with peace lets return to the old days, when CN was fun. So we attacked NPO to escalate this war to a more fun level. Who else would you expect us to attack, GPA? Unfortunately NPO saw fit to call in their TPF dogs to defend them, even though we planned this as a nice even fight, where nobody could claim the fight was over before it began, but was entirely based on skill and activity. NATO is more effective, however, of the two. We always wanted to fight them, and we are happy to have the chance, good luck.

As to the treaty thing, those who know, know that we could have requested their aid, but it's not what we wanted. We wanted some fun in a rapidly declining game, nothing more.