Does anyone else find the Tetris/NSO/NsO Legion war distasteful?

Sabcat

I find the behaviour of Tetris to be shameful, the NSO goading to be utterly transparent, the NsO support ill advised and don't get me started on IAA, I can't work out what the hell's going on with them.

In the time honoured "do something about it" CN way I've switched AA to The Legion and started fighting. Sometimes you just can't stand by.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317894167' post='2818290']
"CN IS BORING". Alliance A attacks alliance B. "THIS IS NOT FAIR, WAR SHOULD BE STOPPED".
[/quote]

I have at no point described events as unfair. The coalition currently lined up against Legion is devoid of any class. I find them offensive.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317894532' post='2818295']
I have at no point described events as unfair. The coalition currently lined up against Legion is devoid of any class. I find them offensive.
[/quote]

Stop whining and do something about it if you don't like it. I'm noticing a trend lately after NPO got beat down is that there is so much more whining going on about each and everything someone does.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317894532' post='2818295']
[/quote]
Ah yes, lack of class. A lovely vague way to insinuate your enemies are Bad People who Must Be Stopped, despite having no defensible basis for arguing so.

Oh my, no!

Legion - props for attacking.
Tetris - they're are a lulzy AA, and lulz they make.
NSO - they are a belligerent AA, and wars they join (+props for voicing their feelings on Tetris actions while standing by MDP pact).
NsO - if for nothing else, props for blitz.
IAA involvment I'd agree was ill-advised (or rather according to one member - made despite good advice), but distasteful?

That said, did you just win 200 tech Sabcat? :lol1: I have to admit, if you didn't close the shop before I finally got through Legion DoW thread, that'd be 300 :v:

And as an IA person, CN is never boring to me ;)

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317894731' post='2818298']
Stop whining and do something about it if you don't like it. I'm noticing a trend lately after NPO got beat down is that there is so much more whining going on about each and everything someone does.
[/quote]

I'm not whining as you put it, I'm stating my position. As for doing something about I have switched my AA and I@m currently fighting 2 offensive wars.

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1317895074' post='2818301']
Oh my, no!

Legion - props for attacking.
Tetris - they're are a lulzy AA, and lulz they make.
NSO - they are a belligerent AA, and wars they join (+props for voicing their feelings on Tetris actions while standing by MDP pact).
NsO - if for nothing else, props for blitz.
IAA involvment I'd agree was ill-advised (or rather according to one member - made despite good advice), but distasteful?

That said, did you just win 200 tech Sabcat? :lol1: I have to admit, if you didn't close the shop before I finally got through Legion DoW thread, that'd be 300 :v:

And as an IA person, CN is never boring to me ;)
[/quote]

No, I've won no tech. The bet was that NSO would call in allies. I don't believe that anyone allied to NSO has declared (or am I wrong?)

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1317895074' post='2818301']
[/quote]

The bet was that NSO would call in allies before Legion, as far as I can tell NSO hasn't called anyone in yet (Tetris got NsO, NsO got IAA).

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317895154' post='2818303']
Oh I was going of his AA on the forums, more power to him I suppose. I just wonder why this thread was even needed then.
[/quote]

I wanted to voice my feelings about this war. I couldn't do that until I'd done something about it. I like nothing less than empty words.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317895065' post='2818300']
Ah yes, lack of class. A lovely vague way to insinuate your enemies are Bad People who Must Be Stopped, despite having no defensible basis for arguing so.
[/quote]

It is a subjective judgement. Others will view events and make their own judgement on your behaviour and the way you have presented yourselves.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317895586' post='2818312']
It is a subjective judgement. Others will view events and make their own judgement on your behaviour and the way you have presented yourselves.
[/quote]

When have we ever presented ourselves any differently?

This topic doesn't...say anything.

Surely, if you want to make a comment about Tetris, you either have to

a) Be the kind of person whose gut feeling matters
b) Have something to say above and beyond your gut feeling.

Seriously, you have given this topic [b]nothing[/b] to be about.

This is pointless, you're pointless, Legion are a bad alliance.

But that's just like my opinion.

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1317896106' post='2818315']
Whether takers of his bet will weasel out on this (absolutely valid) semantic argument is another matter. Allies, side of coalition in a war, allies, signatories of an official pact. Poteytoh potatoh in reverse.
[/quote]

Damn, should've read Sabcat post before advocating his victory :P Apparently all sides agree the latter was main definition in the bet. My bad :blush:

[quote name='Pollard' timestamp='1317898152' post='2818329']
I agree. Tetris should be rolled. ROLLED DAMNIT. DO IT. KILL US. I HAVE 3 DEFENSIVE SLOTS. WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?
[/quote]
Sit down. Your nation is insignificant. Legion needs to worry about the nations that will win or lose this war.

[quote name='Pollard' timestamp='1317898152' post='2818329']
I agree. Tetris should be rolled. ROLLED DAMNIT. DO IT. KILL US. I HAVE 3 DEFENSIVE SLOTS. WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?[/quote]

Maybe because your tiny nation isnt that important to them?... Anyways i think this war has brought some amusement to the bystanders in this game and that must be a good thing :)

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317892907' post='2818275']
I find the behaviour of Tetris to be shameful, the NSO goading to be utterly transparent, the NsO support ill advised and don't get me started on IAA, I can't work out what the hell's going on with them.

In the time honoured "do something about it" CN way I've switched AA to The Legion and started fighting. Sometimes you just can't stand by.
[/quote]

oh my god, who cares.

I wish that there were more wars, and that people hadn't become !@#$%*^ and started doing the whole 'we're going to ask our allies to stay out of it'.