Does anyone else find the Tetris/NSO/NsO Legion war distasteful?

Sabcat

Tbh I actually sympathise with Legion. Yes, it makes me feel dirty. I mean, they are such a terrible alliance, do they really *need* half a dozen alliances ganging up on them? Plus this was the most legitimate cause for war I have probably ever seen, and I've been here since BLEU days. People have baited them for so long and they finally had the balls to do something about it. The thing is, I don't like Legion much and I don't like their allies, especially Polaris who can die in a fire, but the people on Tetris' side are actually cool. So meh.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1317898920' post='2818337']
oh my god, who cares.

I wish that there were more wars, and that people hadn't become !@#$%*^ and started doing the whole 'we're going to ask our allies to stay out of it'.[/quote]

Actually, containment of wars would assure there's more of them, it's the dogpile factor that makes people thread lightly. Not necessarily a "no allies and no hitting in the face", but [b]proper[/b] non-chaining execution. Immediate o/MDP partners get to defend, immediate o/MAP partners to assist. Execute Moldavi Doctrine, by all means, but then have a valid CB or don't be surprised if oAP nor MDP partners don't follow.
Multipolarity FTW!

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317899253' post='2818338']
Tbh I actually sympathise with Legion. Yes, it makes me feel dirty. I mean, they are such a terrible alliance, do they really *need* half a dozen alliances ganging up on them? Plus this was the most legitimate cause for war I have probably ever seen, and I've been here since BLEU days. People have baited them for so long and they finally had the balls to do something about it. The thing is, I don't like Legion much and I don't like their allies, especially Polaris who can die in a fire, but the people on Tetris' side are actually cool. So meh.
[/quote]

You are dirty. :ph34r:

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317894532' post='2818295']
The coalition currently lined up against Legion is devoid of any class. I find them offensive.
[/quote]

Well that is just because you used to be in Legion :P

As for your thread question: no, not particularly. I have seen far worse wars (in my opinion), and then this is OOC so who really cares? It is a game.

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1317900134' post='2818347']
Well that is just because you used to be in Legion :P
[/quote]
Beat me to it.

You haven't really told us how we're being "distasteful", so you'll forgive me for not taking you seriously. Should have called us worse then NPO/MK/GOD, maybe with a little sprinkling of "You have become the monster". Then this thread would have been a good idea.

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1317901168' post='2818354']
Beat me to it.

You haven't really told us how we're being "distasteful", so you'll forgive me for not taking you seriously. Should have called us worse then NPO/MK/GOD, maybe with a little sprinkling of "You have become the monster". Then this thread would have been a good idea.
[/quote]

He literally means that we do not taste good. Duh :wacko:

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317901337' post='2818355']
He literally means that we do not taste good. Duh :wacko:
[/quote]
Ah, well... my mistake :v:

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317902167' post='2818360']
Not really. I am too liberal (proper liberal, not how silly americans use it) to be a commie.
[/quote]

A liberal - Someone who wants everything to be nice but lacks the historical and structural understanding to know why it isn't already :v:

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317903051' post='2818364']
A liberal - Someone who wants everything to be nice but lacks the historical and structural understanding to know why it isn't already :v:
[/quote]

Your LSF tag tells me all I need to know and the fact that you are fighting for legion confirms it.

Edited by Charles Stuart

I am neutral on the subject... :v:

[size="1"][color=grey][b][ooc [/b][i][this tag will come handy][/i][b] ][/b][/color][/size]
[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317903051' post='2818364']A liberal - Someone who wants everything to be nice but lacks the historical and structural understanding to know why it isn't already :v: [/quote]
Quite evidently you haven't the remotest idea of the meaning of "liberal". I warmly invite you to read something on the subject (please).
[size="1"][color=grey][b][/ooc][/b][/color][/size]

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1317905208' post='2818377']
And what is wrong with an LSF tag buttercup?
[/quote]

[quote]The LSF has traditionally been the home of many of CyberNations' [u]Anarchists and Libertarian Marxists,[/u] [/quote]

Need I say more poppet?

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317899253' post='2818338']
Tbh I actually sympathise with Legion. Yes, it makes me feel dirty. I mean, they are such a terrible alliance, do they really *need* half a dozen alliances ganging up on them?
[/quote]

The number of [i]Alliances[/i] involved is totally irrelevant when matters are decided by number of [i]nations[/i]. One of these half-dozen thug Alliances is a one-man AA... maybe two of them are, if Mogar is still in war.

e: I meant to add that things are pretty even now, counting by NS, so this whining about curbstomp is just baffling.

Edited by Louisa

Tetris bringing in their allies made sense, although the alliances who are treaty chaining in on oA clauses to hit Legion who aren't even allied to Tetris are probably the clearest case of bandwaggonors I've seen recently. VE entering would of been understandable since they have a treaty with Tetris if they did it earlier on, but now it look pretty pathetic for them to get involved if Legion still hasn't called in any help.

Distasteful? No, I really wouldnt go that far.

Legion IS looking better by far than they did only a few weeks ago, no doubt about it. But that doesnt mean I gotta hate on the other side. Frankly, in my time I have seen some really "distasteful" wars, and this isnt even in the ballpark.

The way I read it this is mutual combat. The baiting and the spaiïng gave Legion every right and reason to counter as they did. Legion's past actions, however, gave their haters pretty good reason to go off and provoke them like they did too. I really dont see much to criticise either side for here, and that in and of itself is pretty shocking, because I am generally critical of everyone and everything, so take that how you will.

The sides are fairly even on paper right now, and Legion being a big dumb mass-recruitment alliance that should mean that in fact they are in effect more than a bit outgunned, because there is no way they can hope to match a Sakura or a Tetris in terms of rank-and-file activity, competence, and commitment. The advantage in terms of C & C goes in the same direction of course.

If I find anything at all distasteful here it is the baiting of Legions handful of remaining allies. But even that is understandable. All the people that would like to get involved in this but wont get to unless someone comes in for Legion are gonna feel like they have to try, of course.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1317910394' post='2818436']snip
[/quote]

Sigrun's post is pretty much spot on. If I were perhaps a better PR man I might have found some sort of "boo hoo" card to pull, but frankly things are falling out as expected. We had a legitimate CB, saw the probable result for standing up for ourselves, and acted accordingly. While I love a bit of embellishment if it makes for an interesting story, outright lying is or spin is worthless.

Now, I certainly appreciate the efforts of the OP and also think that a better response from Tetris's allies would have been to help them find peace in what is the response of a pretty clear cut case of unacceptable behavior. That said, you can't expect everyone to see the justice from an attack when they think the attacker is a paper tiger. And, some alliances just don't care either way. And some are just plain opportunistic to begin with.

Those that do see the justice in our cause, we appreciate your moral support and encourage you to continue speaking your mind.

If we feel the need to call in allies, they will come.

As for the Legion being a "terrible" alliance. Get over it. I've been in small alliances, medium ones, and elite one, as well as worked with or been a diplomat in well over 30 others. The Legion has had it's moments of face-palming and a few where they shone, but [i]terrible[/i]? Get out. Those that keep repeating that mantra are out of date, either easily led by other's PR, or just simply trying to put other's down. Since this is our first good showing in a long time, I expect others to cling to this idea for some time still, but I hope others will update their opinions once this war is over.

We're relishing this chance to smack the crap out of a few antagonistic enemies and look forward to the trimming of the fat of our ranks that a good solid war creates.

Ave Legio.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317911916' post='2818470']
snip
[/quote]

I will give you this, war is the best teacher.

Unprepared Legionaire on Forums: WAAAAAH I HAVE NO MONEY
MoD: Told you.

Same is true for any alliance really, We just feel it is abundantly true for Legion :awesome:

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317911916' post='2818470']
Sigrun's post is pretty much spot on. If I were perhaps a better PR man I might have found some sort of "boo hoo" card to pull, but frankly things are falling out as expected.[/quote] Should have taken my offer to hire me before all this even started. I'd have honored our contract, had you taken my entreaty as seriously as I had meant it.

[quote]
Now, I certainly appreciate the efforts of the OP and also think that a better response from Tetris's allies would have been to help them find peace in what is the response of a pretty clear cut case of unacceptable behavior. That said, you can't expect everyone to see the justice from an attack when they think the attacker is a paper tiger. And, some alliances just don't care either way. And some are just plain opportunistic to begin with.

Those that do see the justice in our cause, we appreciate your moral support and encourage you to continue speaking your mind.[/quote]Now if only their minds could come up with something rational, that didn't deliberately obfuscate highly important context of the situation. :unsure:

[quote]If we feel the need to call in allies, they will come.[/quote] I doubt it.
[quote]
As for the Legion being a "terrible" alliance. Get over it. I've been in small alliances, medium ones, and elite one, as well as worked with or been a diplomat in well over 30 others. The Legion has had it's moments of face-palming and a few where they shone, but [i]terrible[/i]? Get out. Those that keep repeating that mantra are out of date, either easily led by other's PR, or just simply trying to put other's down. Since this is our first good showing in a long time, I expect others to cling to this idea for some time still, but I hope others will update their opinions once this war is over.
[/quote]No, you really are terrible. The only reason the micros came in was, pretty much, because they wanted in that badly. We were handling you pretty damn well up until that point regardless. It's just such a shame you'll blame your massive drop in NS and bill locks after this round on "the dogpile", rather than giving credit where credit is due. Oh well, self-reflection has never been Legion's forte.

[quote]
We're relishing this chance to smack the crap out of a few antagonistic enemies and look forward to the trimming of the fat of our ranks that a good solid war creates.

Ave Legio.
[/quote]Yeah, the problem with trimming the fat in this case, is that if Legion manages to slim all the way down, there won't hardly be anything left. A shame, that.