Complaining and Grieving

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1317166163' post='2809933']
TIO is honestly the last alliance that has a leg to stand on with regard to calling people out for being "left behind". How long were your treaty partners who were directly attacked in the war after you guys bailed?
[/quote]
I mean, I wouldn't say "you guys" because I wasn't there when it all started. But I did join at the tail end of the war, and I remember a very devastated alliance. As far as I recall, TIO wasn't in any shape to continue fighting. There were around 60 nations... And our allies didn't begrudge us it. But that's just the facts as I know them. TIO couldn't fight anymore. *shrug*

Edited by KahlanRahl

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317168508' post='2809958']
Laslo were you in the talks for it? I know I was, wasnt too smooth.
[/quote]

After we left they !@#$%*ed but before it was all fine and they even encouraged us to go. I still think it was Omni trying to make us look worse after the fact. Inciting !@#$ like he knows how.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317169562' post='2809967']
After we left they !@#$%*ed but before it was all fine and they even encouraged us to go. I still think it was Omni trying to make us look worse after the fact. Inciting !@#$ like he knows how.
[/quote]
Even before we left they were mad, I remember when Tim was the one to say it in the room. I dont think many other people were there when we first told em but they werent happy. And yes Omni may have, and probably did, make us look worse to LoSS and IAAers but no matter what it wasnt going to go smoothly.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317170122' post='2809971']
Even before we left they were mad, I remember when Tim was the one to say it in the room. I dont think many other people were there when we first told em but they werent happy. And yes Omni may have, and probably did, make us look worse to LoSS and IAAers but no matter what it wasnt going to go smoothly.
[/quote]

Pretty sure it was because we suggested we all leave and that was about the time Omni pronounced his will that IAA would die for Polar and all that jazz. It matters very little now anyway.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1317169450' post='2809965']
I mean, I wouldn't say "you guys" because I wasn't there when it all started. But I did join at the tail end of the war, and I remember a very devastated alliance. As far as I recall, TIO wasn't in any shape to continue fighting. There were around 60 nations... And our allies didn't begrudge us it. But that's just the facts as I know them. TIO couldn't fight anymore. *shrug*
[/quote]

2 weeks of war devastated your alliance? I feel bad for the people who call on you in the future. The fact is is that TIO saw an opportunity to save themselves further damage and then watched as the people who entered to defend them continued to stay in the war as themselves and their allies started to get harsher and harsher terms after long conflicts.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317170554' post='2809976']
Pretty sure it was because we suggested we all leave and that was about the time Omni pronounced his will that IAA would die for Polar and all that jazz. It matters very little now anyway.
[/quote]
We had said that we all should leave as a unit since we had white peace for all of Synergy, that is what we went in with. But we had known it was going to be shot down because we knew IAA and TIO didnt want to leave Polar to be stomped alone. LoSS didnt want to leave IAA or TIO at all. LoSS could have left with GATO with the same reasons, especially not being directly tied to polar but they didnt.

It doesnt really matter since that was a long time ago, Im just curious to see what would happen if GATO got split between CnG and LoSS/IAA. But this time they'd actually be in CnG rather than last time.

Edited by Greg23

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1317170780' post='2809981']
2 weeks of war devastated your alliance? I feel bad for the people who call on you in the future. The fact is is that TIO saw an opportunity to save themselves further damage and then watched as the people who entered to defend them continued to stay in the war as themselves and their allies started to get harsher and harsher terms after long conflicts.
[/quote]
Actually it was about three weeks. January 19th to February 6th. TIO fought three alliances that were the same size (as far as NS goes), or larger, as her for three weeks. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98325"]LoSS also peaced out of our front at the same time as we did.[/url] ...Actually, upon further research, all of the allies that went to war for us or we went to war for, other than Polaris (who were okay with it actually), peaced out at the same time or before us.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1317172119' post='2809993']
Actually it was about three weeks. January 19th to February 6th. TIO fought three alliances that were the same size (as far as NS goes), or larger, as her for three weeks. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98325"]LoSS also peaced out of our front at the same time as we did.[/url] ...Actually, upon further research, all of the allies that went to war for us or we went to war for, other than Polaris (who were okay with it actually), peaced out at the same time or before us.
[/quote]

LoSS may have peaced out of the same front you were on, but they got countered for their entrance on your side... which led to DT coming in for them... and I am sure your research can discover how that ended.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1317161886' post='2809868']
Translation: [i]"And again, I don't dislike GATO or anything, it's just that this thread wasn't about ME!"[/i]

-Craig
[/quote]
Thank you for making the thread about me since you had no answer to anything I said. I can always count on my fans; your glossy suitable-for-framing-8x10 is in the mail.

MagicNinja, thanks for the qualifiers on why GATO did what they did. They don't change what you did, and I'm not going to go further into into with anyone because as I said, I'm glad GATO got what they want, and continuing down that discussion is just going to look like I'm griefing GATO when I'm not. Have fun in C&G. And when you are asked to behave the way the rest of them do, I hope you will remain as committed to your beliefs as you were when the hard decisions of the last war were made; GATO's hardships of the past were the fault of mindless followers caught up in treaty legalism and cronyism, so always keep your wits about you.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317183922' post='2810081']
Thank you for making the thread about me since you had no answer to anything I said. I can always count on my fans; your glossy suitable-for-framing-8x10 is in the mail.
[/quote]
So you send one to Craig, but not to your favorite secret Operative? Now I'm sad :(

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317183922' post='2810081']
Have fun in C&G. And when you are asked to behave the way the rest of them do, I hope you will remain as committed to your beliefs as you were when the hard decisions of the last war were made; GATO's hardships of the past were the fault of mindless followers caught up in treaty legalism and cronyism, so always keep your wits about you.[/quote]

Schattenmann, you do not need to worry about GATO. They will have fun in CnG. They also know what they are getting into. It's not as easy to join CnG as you think it is.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1317157328' post='2809828']
I would also like to add, just from a factual standpoint that it wasn't just IAA that was "left behind" by GATO in the last war. It was all of Synergy as well. :ph34r:
[/quote]
I remember quite distinctly working my sloth-ass of for you guys for week after we stopped fighting SF, and still consider you guys great people and friends. Im sorry this wound is still fresh for you, believe me the cats still like TIO, hit me up in the old hq, some still chill there and joke around.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317168508' post='2809958']
Laslo were you in the talks for it? I know I was, wasnt too smooth.
[/quote]
Lol, that was about as comfortable as a round of "backstroke roulette" with 80 grit sandpaper but there was to many issues, real or imagined that were being demanded dealt with to blame on any one person or alliance.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317170122' post='2809971']
[/quote]

Greg my old friend, we all agree that a chatbot typing ethnic slurs and Jim Jones sermons would have been easier to work with than Omni back then, but if i recall TIO, LoSS, and GATO all had a pretty good system set up for aid an cooperation before during and after the war. Let us not focus on the bilge of past dreams that are no more, and instead look at the fact that GATO is growing stronger militarily and more secure politically.

The Vikings tell me winter is coming, whatever that means. All i know is that tonight Im going to drink until I cant feel feelings surrounded by a bunch of good friends. A solid Tuesday night if there ever was one.

o/ To the past, there to learn from, not to live in
o/ A bright tomorrow, since it always seems so damn bright the day after I get @#$%hosed drunk

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317202887' post='2810175']
Omni is such a well loved person :awesome:
[/quote]
ooc You never answer my PMs on GATOforums. You are a horrible diplomat. /ooc

As for Omni he is still liked by some, it's a matter of trust. You can like someone and not trust them.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317204405' post='2810182']
ooc You never answer my PMs on GATOforums. You are a horrible diplomat. /ooc

As for Omni he is still liked by some, it's a matter of trust. You can like someone and not trust them.
[/quote]

Being lazy and [b]slothful[/b] is something us retired diplomats are good at :awesome:

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317205230' post='2810188']
Being lazy and [b]slothful[/b] is something us retired diplomats are good at :awesome:
[/quote]
you have a punny way of speaking :v:

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1317202656' post='2810172']
I remember quite distinctly working my sloth-ass of for you guys for week after we stopped fighting SF, and still consider you guys great people and friends. Im sorry this wound is still fresh for you, believe me the cats still like TIO, hit me up in the old hq, some still chill there and joke around.
[/quote]
Oh no no no, that wasn't the intent with my post at all lol. I put "left behind" in quotes on purpose. I was just putting in a fact, kind of poking fun. Personally I'm not upset over it at all, like I said I wasn't really there for the war.

Kubla :wub:

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1317211281' post='2810210']
Oh no no no, that wasn't the intent with my post at all lol. I put "left behind" in quotes on purpose. I was just putting in a fact, kind of poking fun. Personally I'm not upset over it at all, like I said I wasn't really there for the war.

Kubla :wub:
[/quote]

I would like to war you. ;)