Complaining and Grieving

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317008800' post='2808734']
Well, it is a historical trait of your alliance's membership to not be paying attention to what's going on around them.

Not criticizing it, just taking it for granted that everyone is aware of the fact.
[/quote]

Maybe youre referring to the Xander Doctrine that kept us off the OWF. It was repealed, but we quickly realized that there is nothing of merit here. So, we stayed home and got on WEBVIDS because we are too cheap to get NETFLIX

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1317010811' post='2808752']
Maybe youre referring to the Xander Doctrine that kept us off the OWF. It was repealed, but we quickly realized that there is nothing of merit here. So, we stayed home and got on WEBVIDS because we are too cheap to get NETFLIX
[/quote]
No, Im referring to the general apathy your alliance possesses towards anything even remotely PB-related outside of your own immediate interests. The exception only being upper government, who are capable of setting policy leading towards long-term FA goals such as being admitted to this bloc.

Naturally, it took me several minutes to figure out what you were trying to say, since the above post makes no sense given the context of what you were replying to. I hope I made things clearer for those following the conversation, at least.

Edited by TehChron

GATO isn't perfect. Then again, we've never claimed to be.

We were grilled during this whole process and some of the concerns Schatt and Chron have brought up were brought up then. Apparently our answers were good enough for those in CnG to invite us despite what has happened in the past. Perhaps we had really good reasons for doing what we did? Nah, that couldn't POSSIBLY be it. Right? Meh, all that really matters is our friends know why we do what we do. The rest of you can keep speculating. Quite frankly, I don't want anyone we don't care about knowing how we really work or why we do the things we do. That keeps the rest of you all ignorant and guessing. So keep at it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317011580' post='2808763']
GATO isn't perfect. Then again, we've never claimed to be.

We were grilled during this whole process and some of the concerns Schatt and Chron have brought up were brought up then. Apparently our answers were good enough for those in CnG to invite us despite what has happened in the past. Perhaps we had really good reasons for doing what we did? Nah, that couldn't POSSIBLY be it. Right? Meh, all that really matters is our friends know why we do what we do. The rest of you can keep speculating. Quite frankly, I don't want anyone we don't care about knowing how we really work or why we do the things we do. That keeps the rest of you all ignorant and guessing. So keep at it.
[/quote]
Oh, I'm not speculating, I already know.

"CnG have answers they like, ergo, they were admitted".

Do I care what those answers were? Of course not. You guys have always had a way of knowing just what to say to get what you want. Actions have never been a necessity. That being said, I look forward to your rehabilitation, much like ODN was under CnG from awhile ago.

Congrats, I know you won't drop the ball on this chance as well. Ave GATO!

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1317011661' post='2808764']
At this late hour? Now I'll have to scramble to come up with a costume. :( There better be a chocolate fountain.
[/quote]

but of course! :D

cant party without a chocolate fountain

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317012271' post='2808773']
Oh, I'm not speculating, I already know.

"CnG have answers they like, ergo, they were admitted".

Do I care what those answers were? Of course not. You guys have always had a way of knowing just what to say to get what you want. Actions have never been a necessity. That being said, I look forward to your rehabilitation, much like ODN was under CnG from awhile ago.

Congrats, I know you won't drop the ball on this chance as well. Ave GATO!
[/quote]

i look forward to rehab as well. i could use a tan and a beer.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317006533' post='2808711']
Nah, why bother?

I mean, GATO lets their lackeys do their talking/fighting/acting for them, so ultimately, what is there to criticize?

I'm sure CnG wouldn't have brought them into the fold unless they found the same potential in being their ally that we ourselves gave up on years ago.

Sincere congrats to all involved, btw, and good luck.
[/quote]

Lackies? You mean like CD and PR right?

YAY!!! Congrats GATO!! :wub:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316986087' post='2808410']
So I guess if you define "further for their friends than most other alliances" as less than two rounds of war while their allies get another 5 weeks of war, then you are correct. But that's not a very good definition.

GATO has shown war after war after war that GATO is out for Number 1 and no one else.

So, congratulations to GATO for getting a chair at a serious bloc, you're nice guys and all, but you're not very good at honoring treaties. Condolences to NPO that it took so long for an unholy union between ODN and GATO that now you're on the same side and can't have some real fun.
[/quote]

GATO was faced with a very difficult choice last war. They had treaty connections with ODN and Athens, and IAA who were defending NpO. They announced that they were prepared to defend whoever activated their treaties with them. That is honourable. Besides that, I know first hand that GATO are friendly and awesome people. We honestly don't care about their detractors.

I would have phrased that in harsher terms, but I actually happen to like you.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317008563' post='2808732']
no u, Really? thats the second time youve used that...please stop posting
[/quote]

To be fair, the No u argument is pretty valid when it's actually true. :P

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1317023849' post='2808839']
Well, I would act surprised if I actually *was* but I truly am not.
[/quote]

Well isn't that magical? We thank you for you delightfully insightful commentary and ask that you contribute in the same manner in our next thread.