Complaining and Grieving

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317016966' post='2808813']
YAY!!! Congrats GATO!! :wub:

GATO was faced with a very difficult choice last war. They had treaty connections with ODN and Athens, and IAA who were defending NpO. They announced that they were [b]prepared to defend[/b] whoever activated their treaties with them. That is honourable. Besides that, I know first hand that GATO are friendly and awesome people. We honestly don't care about their detractors.

I would have phrased that in harsher terms, but I actually happen to like you.
[/quote]
Which would matter if any of GATO's other allies had been defenders, but as any student of history can tell you, only one of GATO's allies was in a defensive position, and they left that ally on the field of battle for 5 weeks. But as a member of ODN, I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between aggression and defense any better than your popularly-elected government.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1317065967' post='2808973']
I still have no idea how this bloc still exists minus all of the original signatories...I mean at least change the name.

I guess GATO is a decent fit for those currently in the bloc, but now I can't beat them up. CnG COSTING ME MY SILVER POINTS DAMMIT!
[/quote]

CnG is CDT 2.0?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317070932' post='2809040']
Which would matter if any of GATO's other allies had been defenders, but as any student of history can tell you, only one of GATO's allies was in a defensive position, and they left that ally on the field of battle for 5 weeks. But as a member of ODN, I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between aggression and defense any better than your popularly-elected government.
[/quote]
Lol please continue. Its quite funny to read your idiotic posts about ODN.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1317065967' post='2808973']
I still have no idea how this bloc still exists minus all of the original signatories...I mean at least change the name.
[/quote]

TLR is made up of every original signatory of the CnG Union except for Mushroom Kingdom (the only alliance to leave) and TDSM8 (which disbanded). Camelot, DoC, HoTU, and Shinra all merged into Athens which them merged with =LOST= recently to form TLR. I mean at least know what you're talking about.

But as a member of ODN, I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between aggression and defense any better than your popularly-elected government.
[/quote]

The ODN digs are more than a little stale at this point. You can do better than this.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1317082155' post='2809222']
rawr im wickedj and my vast accomplishments give me the authority to pass judgement on all
[/quote]

Hey man, you lead Athens. :gag:

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[/quote]

Semantics. Don't pick apart my wording, address my point.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1317082261' post='2809226']
TLR is made up of every original signatory of the CnG Union except for Mushroom Kingdom (the only alliance to leave) and TDSM8 (which disbanded). Camelot, DoC, HoTU, and Shinra all merged into Athens which them merged with =LOST= recently to form TLR. I mean at least know what you're talking about.
[/quote]

TDSM8 merged into MK and you forgot Greenland Republic which merged with Athens and =LOST= to form TLR. Also, you forgot Federation of Buccaneers. Forgot who they merged into.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1317082261' post='2809226']
[/quote]
Well aware of that, doesn't mean you're the same alliances you were before the merger, all those viewpoints collided into something that's different. Something I do not like nearly as much.

CnG is dead, what's left is a bloc that is fine on its own, the signatories get along and they seem to have common goals, but it's not CnG and probably never will be again.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1317090180' post='2809333']
Well aware of that, doesn't mean you're the same alliances you were before the merger, all those viewpoints collided into something that's different. Something I do not like nearly as much.

CnG is dead, what's left is a bloc that is fine on its own, the signatories get along and they seem to have common goals, but it's not CnG and probably never will be again.
[/quote]

Your complaints and/or grievances have been noted and submitted to one of INT's sub-sub-committees for careful consideration. A response will emerge in due course.

The only thing I find surprising about this is that GATO finally decided to bite the bullet and sign the MADP. They were certainly considered as a signatory and interest was expressed long, long, long before this, but they used to not sign MADPs.

*shrugs*

CnG has changed a great deal though. It used to be composed exclusively of dictatorships. Now it is composed entirely of democracies.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1317093065' post='2809383']
CnG has changed a great deal though. It used to be composed exclusively of dictatorships. Now it is composed entirely of democracies.
[/quote]

We put our disease in 'em

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1317093065' post='2809383']
[/quote]

The shift, if it is a shift at all, isn't nearly as major as you might think. Robert Michel's [i][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy]Iron Law of Oligarchy[/url][/i] tells us that the gap between authoritarian and democratic regimes isn't a gap at all. So-called "democracy" is a veneer of legitimacy used to camouflage good ol' fashioned tyranny.

-Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1317094983' post='2809414']
The shift, if it is a shift at all, isn't nearly as major as you might think. Robert Michel's [i][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy]Iron Law of Oligarchy[/url][/i] tells us that the gap between authoritarian and democratic regimes isn't a gap at all. So-called "democracy" is a veneer of legitimacy used to camouflage good ol' fashioned tyranny.

-Craig
[/quote]

The International, as an exemplary demonstration of direct democracy in practice, should therefore fold into dictatorship. :smug:

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1317076303' post='2809107']
ODN decided to stay outside of that beauty :awesome:

Maybe we are WAEgis.
[/quote]

Yes, sorry, I realised too late that my mind had atrophied and I could hardly remember what happened back then. Sorry to have caused confusion with my throwaway comment :(

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1317095225' post='2809418']
The International, as an exemplary demonstration of direct democracy in practice, should therefore fold into dictatorship. :smug:
[/quote]
Welcome to three or four elections ago. :ph34r:

Edit: Or, depending on who you ask, welcome to the merger of -SE-, CPCN and TRF. :psyduck:

Edited by VladimirLenin