15:59 Triyun I'd fly in on transports
15:59 Triyun steathily
15:59 Triyun insert people
15:59 Triyun and leave
16:00 Uberstein I'm pretty sure a spy insertion like that
16:00 Uberstein still requires a spy roll
16:00 Triyun no
16:00 Triyun its an air force mission

Is this true? Again, I've been gone for awhile. I like making sure I understand the rules properly.

EDIT: Made formatting easier to read. It didn't paste well. Edited by Uberstein

Is this true? Again, I've been gone for awhile. I like making sure I understand the rules properly.

EDIT: Made formatting easier to read. It didn't paste well.

Imo, Triyun would probably be wrong. It may depend on the exact circumstances, but insertion of operatives by any way generally requires spyrolls.

In response, the reconnaissance of the Lu-09 Ground Support Drones began to locate and transmit the location of the enemies targetting fire.  Upon receiving targetting information,

i guess 2,000 snipers just fired into the sky, and not directly at your magic tech drones.

I am making a request to the GMs to have vektor edit his post to take proper casualties from my assault against him.

I specified the building being used as the base for my attack were overlooking the beachhead, this would mean they are not being blindly fired, not to mention artillery shells would not simply bounce off any armor you're putting on a person. the spotters on tabletop mountain would have no trouble accurately guiding the munitions to a beachhead due to the a good portion of the city's ports having been destroyed already, landing craft would have very limited places to actually land, unless you intend on RPing out your ships sinking themselves on the hulls of the ships you blew up previously.

Edited by Mogar

The missiles exploding into the ground still caused minimal injuries, mostly from shrapnel which the armor of the Drakan battlesuits swatted with ease

I call shenanigans.

(Level two shenanigans on a five point scale)

We don't allow powered armor in CNRP any more.

No personal armor is actually surviving RPGs, recoilless rifles, or RPGs.

(Might survive a JRPG though)

Please note: that I stated shrapnel. Not my armor surviving bombs. I will edit some of my post, but you can't target drones with a ceiling of 18,500m with snipers. Also, with coordination, you can land in the ports. That's a non issue. You even rp'd the forces landing in your own post.

Edited by Malatose

. . . but you can't target drones with a ceiling of 18,500m with snipers

Targeting drones with snipers really is kind of silly.

Did I say kind of silly?

I meant *a lot* silly.

Join my laughter  :awesome:

Please note: that I stated shrapnel. Not my armor surviving bombs.

50,000 shots directly at your troops.

(That's really not including any opposing artillery)

From overlooking vantage points.

Yeah, not really just shrapnel.

Also, with coordination, you can land in the ports.

Didn't you kind of destroy said ports earlier?

Cape of Good Hope isn't exactly known for good landing zones.

Imo, Triyun would probably be wrong. It may depend on the exact circumstances, but insertion of operatives by any way generally requires spyrolls.

Go read precedent military missions are military. The Air Force putting a payload in undetected is a Air Force mission it has absolutely zero bearing on what the payload is the procedures for defeating detection are the same. Unless suddenly I have to spy roll to drop I. The airborne during a fight if I've fucked with radars or I have to spy roll to fly stealth bombers across the border you have no argument. There is a definitional difference between espionage and covert/clandestine go read it. Edited by Triyun

Go read precedent military missions are military. The Air Force putting a payload in undetected is a Air Force mission it has absolutely zero bearing on what the payload is the procedures for defeating detection are the same. Unless suddenly I have to spy roll to drop I. The airborne during a fight if I've $%&@ed with radars or I have to spy roll to fly stealth bombers across the border you have no argument. There is a definitional difference between espionage and covert/clandestine go read it.

To the best of my knowledge, using operatives to do things in another player's nation has -always- required spyrolls. Whether insertion goes by boat, plane or on foot.
If you want recent precedent for that: MGL's rolls to get into Faraway with some operatives.
Which branch performs the insertion is irrelevant.

Edit: I do dislike precedents. I very much prefer going on a case-by-case basis for as much as possible. ut everyone else wants them, so dur. Edited by Lynneth

To the best of my knowledge, using operatives to do things in another player's nation has -always- required spyrolls. Whether insertion goes by boat, plane or on foot.
If you want recent precedent for that: MGL's rolls to get into Faraway with some operatives.
Which branch performs the insertion is irrelevant.

Edit: I do dislike precedents. I very much prefer going on a case-by-case basis for as much as possible. ut everyone else wants them, so dur.

Operatives have different functions.  Operatives are ones who partake in operations regardless of their nature.  Covert and clandestine forces in real life aren't James Bond going to cocktail parties one minute and machine gunning a soviet battalion the next Lynneth.  Covert for instance means maintain plausible deniability of a nation.  If I send an F-35 to bomb a target in range of multiple countries F-35s and don't claim I did it, and they can't see I did it, that's a covert action.  It requires no spyroll.  Infiltration of an organization such as putting a man inside another intelligence agency requires a spyroll.  They are very different.

Edit:  Also MGL was in the wrong infiltrating them.  Precedent is GM rulings not player actions.  Special forces are a military unit conducting a military operation.  Reconnaissance is a basic part of military manuvers.  Just because someone does something wrong does not precedent make.  Really Lyn that's a ridiculous argument, if you're GM you're kinda obligated to actually read what you're doing rather than just make blind rulings.  Special operations is a war fighting unit.  If you doubt they a go ask the Taliban.

Edited by Triyun

Operatives have different functions.  Operatives are ones who partake in operations regardless of their nature.  Covert and clandestine forces in real life aren't James Bond going to cocktail parties one minute and machine gunning a soviet battalion the next Lynneth.  Covert for instance means maintain plausible deniability of a nation.  If I send an F-35 to bomb a target in range of multiple countries F-35s and don't claim I did it, and they can't see I did it, that's a covert action.  It requires no spyroll.  Infiltration of an organization such as putting a man inside another intelligence agency requires a spyroll.  They are very different.

Edit:  Also MGL was in the wrong infiltrating them.  Precedent is GM rulings not player actions.  Special forces are a military unit conducting a military operation.  Reconnaissance is a basic part of military manuvers.  Just because someone does something wrong does not precedent make.  Really Lyn that's a ridiculous argument, if you're GM you're kinda obligated to actually read what you're doing rather than just make blind rulings.  Special operations is a war fighting unit.  If you doubt they a go ask the Taliban.

Hey slick, 

We all know you fashion yourself as an edgy sort of cat. Rather than trying to hump Lynneth's leg to establish your "dominance", you should stop hissing and making demands of Lynneth. You could switch off your broken record for long enough and simply provide these examples you are referring to.

That way you go from obnoxious and irritating to informative and useful.

Give it a try some time ol' sport.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

Hey slick, 

We all know you fashion yourself as an edgy sort of cat. Rather than trying to hump Lynneth's leg to establish your "dominance", you should stop hissing and making demands of Lynneth. You could switch off your broken record for long enough and simply provide these examples you are referring to.

That way you go from obnoxious and irritating to informative and useful.

Give it a try some time ol' sport.

Pretty much every war that has had the surprise deployment of airborne forces or in general used special ops.

[War Directorate Decree, Internal Memo]

CC: Supreme General Staff, Office of the Archon

Subject: The War in the Cape

The war in the Cape is, hereby, downgraded to the level of a minor conflict.

The Carrier Strike Groups I and III will be withdrawn from the area.

would you mind elaborating exactly what the forces still arrayed against me currently are Vektor?

Edited by Mogar

I have no ability to be aware of him being on IRC unless I whois his name every 15 minutes and hope for the best, not to mention my last query to him asking whether or not I would be allowed to exist in some form was replied to with "We'll see" and then met with an IC response of declaring my nation to not being able exist ever again. I would rather have any interactions with him completely public.