The GM's Court

Centurius

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Triyun said, but as a more general reply, multipliers apply before conversion. So, if we for example take aircraft, if I have 50 wings of aircraft ingame maximum, then the first step is to multiply them with the different multipliers that apply, so let's say the standard x12 and then x2 for tech/infra. Thus we arrive at 1,200 aircraft. And if we want to convert aircraft for ships (5 wings, so 60 aircraft = 10,000 tons) we will deduct them from post-multiplier aircraft, if we want to convert other assets into aircraft, we use post-multiplier numbers (so for example, we utilise 10,000 soldiers to get 60 aircraft. Soldiers are taken from the soldier count after all mltipliers were applied, aircraft won't get multiplied further).

In essence, multiplying always is done prior to conversion, items entering the conversion should be multiplied before, items resulting from conversion are not multiplied any further.

Nuclear weaponry is a bit of a special case, as we say a nuclear missile ingame allows for a certain amount of megatons IC, however, it only enters conversion as a warhead. So, there's no multiplier to nukes.

Practically, if you convert 20 nuclear missiles to ships, this means you have 200,000 tons of shipping, which you can use for whatever, but if you make a destroyer out of it, it won't get multiplied, but it'll always stay 200,000 tons total.

Umm, I have a mea a cupla to make.

PD asked me what the capitol of Bear Island is and I made up a name. No idea what the capitol is. 

I also suggest PD just ask Generallismo about this because as far as I know Generallismo doesn't even have a military and probably wouldn't fuss a bit if PD sent in his special forces troops as heavily armed and camoflauged "tourists".

Just throwing that out there. 

PD asked me what the capitol of Bear Island is and I made up a name. No idea what the capitol is. 

Bear Islands' Bear Nation of the Bear's capital is Bear Island in Lake Temagami.

General does not have a military whatsoever.

I don't have any formal military whatsoever.

Edited by Generalissimo

I would also like to see This, either retconned or ICly explained, since it would be metagaming at the very least and explictly references The Cape, not Rapture as Triyun attempted to allude he was speaking to.

Bear Islands' Bear Nation of the Bear's capital is Bear Island in Lake Temagami.

Thought as much, which would mean PD would need to first get past at least Lysergide to get there. And given the ongoing conflict, I would think it to be fair that he'd also explain how he got past my army that's camping there.

Thought as much, which would mean PD would need to first get past at least Lysergide to get there. And given the ongoing conflict, I would think it to be fair that he'd also explain how he got past my army that's camping there.

Do you think I'm going to stop allowing tourism in just because two armies still are camped practically outside my door?

Heck no~!

Not even slightly.

Of course getting yourself to Lake Temagami could be moderately difficult currently.

Don't actually let such petty matters hinder you.

Getting there is half the fun ^_^

Edited by Generalissimo

On the note of Cape and Rapture:
As far as I'm aware, and from what Mogar has told me via IRC, Rapture is optionally canon, very much like Triyun's Pure Lands.

This of course means that Mogar still is in full control of his citizens and all that.

Please keep that in mind for your IC posts. Especially you, Vektor. Claiming Cape is yours is fine and dandy, the populace is still Mogar's. I'm just making sure that's understood.

Regarding Triyun's post, the discrepancy between Tianxia/Athens' claims of Mogar being President or whatever, and Cape's statements that Mogar never held any such position does need to be explained, imo. Otherwise, this might constitute quite serious metagaming based on unfounded assumptions.

It would stand to reason that the identities of Cape's government are publicly known to anyone who bothers looking it up, after all. There was no RP by Mogar to indicate otherwise.

Edited by Lynneth

As far as I'm concerned they're pure fluff. Fancy-speak to explain how the region isn't in anarchy. They do not exist, de facto, and recognising them in any way other than being part of the 'mother nation' is up to the individual player.
The Exarchate is part of Athens, and that's that.

Edited by Lynneth

I think its clear from the thread I misunderstood about Mogar based on his post with the whole stupid Rapture thing, I thought he had full rerolled, and I didn't really read his posts prior.  After that turned out not to be the case, I chose to respond with bull shit as a politician does when they have incorrect information but still want to do what they wan to do.

I don't recall ever calling your stories with Sarah stupid, since I am not going to be given a chance to continue to do character RP that isnt actively fighting Vektor, I created a place for me to continue the type of RP I enjoy doing. Perhaps you should consider actually reading people's RP before rolling them, since I clearly stated the name of the character and a brief check of the Cape City Factbook would allow you to see the person at the African Conference is The Cape's MoFA.

Edited by Mogar