A New Pacific Order Foreign Affairs Announcement

Farrin Xies

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would echo what has been stated previously... that paper isn't everything. If we disagree on FA paths and decide a downgrade is best, that certainly doesn't change the way most Pacificans feel about Invicta. You have stood by us and bled with us in some of our darkest times, and that will not be forgotten! I'm confident if you fall on hard times, we'll be there for you one way or another! I truly wish the best for you and hope we can remain friends long into the future!
o/ Invicta

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314875999' post='2792157']
I'm not going to respond to this post, because the insults are contentless, but I just want to quote it here in its full pettiness before you edit it. I just thought I'd point out, to the observant ruler, that I actually predicted they'd use my former name to try and score points in my initial post.

Waiting on Brehon, but I doubt he has the cahones to answer my question.
[/quote]

Brehon does not answer to a foreign power and he has the [i]cojones[/i] to demonstrate that. Go stick your head in the sand and butt out of what is clearly not your business. You have no right to any more information other than what he or we are [i]WILLING[/i] to provide you.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1314882790' post='2792188']
This downgrade is a pity I suppose, but given recent events, probably for the best. I do always hate to see a treaty I wrote go away though.
[/quote]
Welcome to my life.

Changing the nature of such a longstanding relationship cannot have been easy for either party. Congrats to both alliances for the way this has been handled, and respect to Invicta for its classy response and for not engaging in the usual mud-slinging that accompanies these types of threads.

o/ NPO
o/ Invicta

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1314922325' post='2792621']
Changing the nature of such a longstanding relationship cannot have been easy for either party. Congrats to both alliances for the way this has been handled, and respect to Invicta for its classy response and for not engaging in the usual mud-slinging that accompanies these types of threads.

o/ NPO
o/ Invicta
[/quote]

I suspect if anyone shall sling mud it is only the third party drama queens that love to so frequently attend these events. While we may defend our line and our sovereignty.. if it were just ourselves and Invicta speaking all you might hear are sighs of resignation at the distancing.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1314922661' post='2792624']
I suspect if anyone shall sling mud it is only the third party drama queens that love to so frequently attend these events. While we may defend our line and our sovereignty.. if it were just ourselves and Invicta speaking all you might hear are sighs of resignation at the distancing.
[/quote]

I am a big boy, I got this :) Appreciate the support MV :)

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1314922661' post='2792624']
I suspect if anyone shall sling mud it is only the third party drama queens that love to so frequently attend these events.
[/quote]

And surprisingly, a lot of them didn't turn up. Color me confused. :)

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314872290' post='2792140']
So let me get this straight. Back in Karma every single of your allies (to my knowledge) cancels on you except Invicta, including TPF. Invicta alone honours their treaty and comes out of Karma as NPO’s closest ally. You didn’t really care about them prior to Karma, they were just another of your allies who then turned out to be the only ones who would stick by you. In the months that follow you’re not allowed to sign a treaty according to surrender terms but Invicta stay close to you when nobody else will. When you eventually come out of terms Invicta are one of the first people you sign a treaty with. In every war since, they have fought for you and were prepared to die for you. They moved to the red sphere because it was unpopulated and they wanted sphere buddies, and you were such close friends that you wanted to be on the same team.

I wasn’t too concerned with this announcement initially because I thought perhaps the relationship had declined and there was a genuine lapse in communication. But then I talk to a couple of people in queries and soon find out the real story. NPO realised a while ago that they didn’t need Invicta anymore. They’re trying to treaty a bunch of people who don’t like Invicta much (largely because they are affiliated so strongly with NPO) and thus they are a hindrance to people signing with them, plus they don’t boast any significant military ability. NPO’s behaviour soon reflects this. Brehon literally called Invicta a ‘second rate !@#$ alliance’ in one of their joint channels a couple of months ago. Ironically, Xiph actually called this in July and told Invicta that NPO would cancel on them. Invicta did not believe them, so Xiph talked to SOS Brigade and told them to tell Invicta, and Invicta reiterated that their relationship with NPO was too strong and they truly did not believe that NPO would cancel.

Brehon and his buddies start looking for an excuse to cancel or downgrade, and find one with this SOS thing. NPO downgraded and now people applaud them for it. Well you know what, everyone knows I don’t like NPO much, and I’m sure the responses to my post will be along the lines of ‘lol Francesca, you should just get over the grudge’, but speaking objectively I think Invicta has every right to be pissed with the callous way that NPO used and dropped them. I *told* Haflinger NPO would $%&@ them over at some point. Just drop the damn treaty, it couldn’t be clearer that they don’t care in the slightest about you.
[/quote]

Rit. So you talk to peple who kno nothng, who speclat lik you are dong her and you are an exprt on Invicta-NPO relashuns? Giv me a brak. And, yes, you shud get ovr your grudg; its ben old for a long tim now.

Just curis, sinc when did a downgrad becom a cancelashun? If the NPO wantd to cancl, we wud hav. Calus? Hardle. You wernt ther; nethr with the peple you talkd with who kno nothn but just lov to speclat. The "rel" store is betwen Invicta and us, and that is wher it will sta.

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1314927667' post='2792684']
Rit. So you talk to peple who kno nothng, who speclat lik you are dong her and you are an exprt on Invicta-NPO relashuns? Giv me a brak. And, yes, you shud get ovr your grudg; its ben old for a long tim now.

Just curis, sinc when did a downgrad becom a cancelashun? If the NPO wantd to cancl, we wud hav. Calus? Hardle. You wernt ther; nethr with the peple you talkd with who kno nothn but just lov to speclat. The "rel" store is betwen Invicta and us, and that is wher it will sta.
[/quote]

I'm over the grudge. Have been for a long time. It doesn't mean I like or trust NPO.

All of you congratng one or the othr alianc, what is that for? Ther is nothng to celebrat when two frends go don seprat paths. I dont lik this dongrad; no one in our alianc dos. No one (at lest that I hav herd) in Invicta liks this ethr. But I am sur our frendshp will surviv this disagrment; we will be ther to help them if they ned it, dongrad or not.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314927750' post='2792686']
I'm over the grudge. Have been for a long time. It doesn't mean I like or trust NPO.
[/quote]

You can call it anything you want, but you are still letting your negative perception introduce a terrible selection and interpretation bias on the information you use in your arguments, leading to comical situations, such as in this thread, where you make accusations with assumed moral authority only to see the whole base you're standing on fall apart.

Now, there's nothing wrong with disliking us, but when you get drawn into the game of "the worst possible scenario is true because they are bad people" and "they are bad people because the worst possible scenario is true", you're screwing your own mind over.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1314931404' post='2792729']
You can call it anything you want, but you are still letting your negative perception introduce a terrible selection and interpretation bias on the information you use in your arguments, leading to comical situations, such as in this thread, where you make accusations with assumed moral authority only to see the whole base you're standing on fall apart.

Now, there's nothing wrong with disliking us, but when you get drawn into the game of "the worst possible scenario is true because they are bad people" and "they are bad people because the worst possible scenario is true", you're screwing your own mind over.
[/quote]

I'm [s]one[/s] was one of your biggest haters and after speaking to your members It has completely changed my perspective and I'm the complete opposite now. If someone wants to have such a negative opinion of you, then that only shows how little they actually know about your members, off site and in your own home, where most of you are pretty chill. The dude/chick that was garbling rubbish but lacking the logs to prove what he/she was saying, should be ignored and forgot about, because it's clear form this thread he/she is typing rubbish.

Downgrades should be straight cancellations by the alliance subjected to the proposal. In this 'study,' Alliance A will be Invicta, and Alliance B will be Pacifica.

Alliance A: "Hey man, I would like to downgrade our treaty, bro. It's politically expedient for me to do so, seein' as you all o' sudden ain't so cool with the rape gangs runnin' da' streets, an' what not!"
Alliance B: "Oh. I see. Well, you're welcome for all of the hard work my soldiers have put in on your behalf."
Alliance A: "Naw dawg, we still be wantin' you to protect us, but we ain't be willin to protect you, snoop!"
Alliance B: "Oh, a one-way alliance, where-by we protect you by proxy, and you are not obligated to come to our defense."
Alliance A: "Zactly, yo!"

Cancel the treaty, never accept a downgrade. It's a bigger insult than nuke roguery...

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1314937693' post='2792773']
Downgrades should be straight cancellations by the alliance subjected to the proposal. In this 'study,' Alliance A will be Invicta, and Alliance B will be Pacifica.

Alliance A: "Hey man, I would like to downgrade our treaty, bro. It's politically expedient for me to do so, seein' as you all o' sudden ain't so cool with the rape gangs runnin' da' streets, an' what not!"
Alliance B: "Oh. I see. Well, you're welcome for all of the hard work my soldiers have put in on your behalf."
Alliance A: "Naw dawg, we still be wantin' you to protect us, but we ain't be willin to protect you, snoop!"
Alliance B: "Oh, a one-way alliance, where-by we protect you by proxy, and you are not obligated to come to our defense."
Alliance A: "Zactly, yo!"

Cancel the treaty, never accept a downgrade. It's a bigger insult than nuke roguery...
[/quote]

I believe you have mislabeled your A's and B's in this case.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1314932127' post='2792734']
I'm [s]one[/s] was one of your biggest haters and after speaking to your members It has completely changed my perspective and I'm the complete opposite now. If someone wants to have such a negative opinion of you, then that only shows how little they actually know about your members, off site and in your own home, where most of you are pretty chill. The dude/chick that was garbling rubbish but lacking the logs to prove what he/she was saying, should be ignored and forgot about, because it's clear form this thread he/she is typing rubbish.
[/quote]

Is that so? i'm sensing something going on here. a truth so, great that it could shake CN to its core.

Polar cancelled a treaty as opposed to accepting a downgrade. The New Polar Order has strong leadership. I would expect any self-respecting alliance to reject a treaty downgrade. To see Pacifica take this downgrade (on the chin) is a testament to how far they have fallen.

They say pride goeth before a fall, but man, how much pride do you forfeit before your ranks rise up and demand strong leadership?

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1314939196' post='2792793']
Polar cancelled a treaty as opposed to accepting a downgrade. The New Polar Order has strong leadership. I would expect any self-respecting alliance to reject a treaty downgrade. To see Pacifica take this downgrade (on the chin) is a testament to how far they have fallen.

They say pride goeth before a fall, but man, how much pride do you forfeit before your ranks rise up and demand strong leadership?
[/quote]

Bro once again im gunna have to point out that I think you misunderstand who the initial party is who wanted the downgrade.

Edited by Timur