A Message to Acti from Olympus.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1311833186' post='2766005']
People arguing over CBs? We are in the age of no CB. We should all be hailing Olympus and not just for rolling AcTi because of Batallion's attitude. Wars are a rarity these days.
[/quote]

This. The last war set it up and ended the need for CBs or diplomacy or pretty much anything esle. This is the new Planet Bob just like they wanted.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the logs, and my reaction is a big ol' yawn.

I've seen much worse name-calling on various alliance's forums -- hi MK! -- and to my knowledge it's never led to a war. As excuses go, this one is pretty weak.

*ahem*

[OOC]Every member of every alliance is either Julie Andrews from Victor-Victoria or Nathan Lane in....well....pretty much anything, really. Everyone. No exceptions. You think Dame Edna is hot.[/OOC]

There ya go. Most airtight CB ever, apparently.

Now, since this incident seems to have occurred in my alliance's channel, allow me to offer a suggestion for the next time this happens.

Talk to someone with ops. You'll actually have to go to the trouble of querying or highlighting them, because most of us are pretty terrible about looking at our public channel while we're blathering on about transgendered anime in our private channels. (There, I just added an extra insult directed at my own alliance. No doubt they will now begin the expulsion process.)

This incident has made everyone involved, even those on the periphery like myself, just a little bit more stupid. Soon, we'll all be just as stupid as <insert your name here>. Yeah, that's right. You.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1311805340' post='2765590']
literally the only people who are allowed to support this move are NpO members/supporters. everyone else is a hypocritical turd.
[/quote]

Careful, man. You'll get yourself attacked.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1311856027' post='2766100']
I've read the logs, and my reaction is a big ol' yawn.

I've seen much worse name-calling on various alliance's forums -- hi MK! -- and to my knowledge it's never led to a war. As excuses go, this one is pretty weak.

*ahem*

[OOC]Every member of every alliance is either Julie Andrews from Victor-Victoria or Nathan Lane in....well....pretty much anything, really. Everyone. No exceptions. You think Dame Edna is hot.[/OOC]

There ya go. Most airtight CB ever, apparently.

Now, since this incident seems to have occurred in my alliance's channel, allow me to offer a suggestion for the next time this happens.

Talk to someone with ops. You'll actually have to go to the trouble of querying or highlighting them, because most of us are pretty terrible about looking at our public channel while we're blathering on about transgendered anime in our private channels. (There, I just added an extra insult directed at my own alliance. No doubt they will now begin the expulsion process.)

This incident has made everyone involved, even those on the periphery like myself, just a little bit more stupid. Soon, we'll all be just as stupid as <insert your name here>. Yeah, that's right. You.

Careful, man. You'll get yourself attacked.
[/quote]

Its funny that people keep refering to this OOC attack as a weak CB. There was no DoW from Olympus they didnt use this as a CB against AcTi. It was AcTi who declared war on Olympus for the attack on Batallion.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311859128' post='2766116']
Its funny that people keep refering to this OOC attack as a weak CB. There was no DoW from Olympus they didnt use this as a CB against AcTi. It was AcTi who declared war on Olympus for the attack on Batallion.
[/quote]
They declared war on the leader of the alliance. Not much of a difference.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311859550' post='2766118']
They declared war on the leader of the alliance. Not much of a difference.
[/quote]

Thats for the other alliance to decide. Teddyyo has since stated he didnt have all the facts and tried to reverse his decision to DoW Olympus. It seems he at least believs they are not the same thing after all. Its just a shame the guy who engineered this war to destroy his own alliance as they were disbanding is also the guy who controls the alliance.

[/quote]

Shutup, this is about the dumbest thing I have seen here yet. Stop spinning what went down to make it sound like Olympus didn't do what happened. They don't like AcTi so they went to war with AcTi. The reason they don't like AcTi doesn't matter.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1311859995' post='2766121']
Shutup, this is about the dumbest thing I have seen here yet. Stop spinning what went down to make it sound like Olympus didn't do what happened. They don't like AcTi so they went to war with AcTi. The reason they don't like AcTi doesn't matter.
[/quote]

They went in blind and tried to reverse the DoW. Its not as dumb as you make out. Rogues have burned alone in the past, he is a rogue who plotted against his own alliance.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311859953' post='2766120']
Thats for the other alliance to decide. Teddyyo has since stated he didnt have all the facts and tried to reverse his decision to DoW Olympus. It seems he at least believs they are not the same thing after all. Its just a shame the guy who engineered this war to destroy his own alliance as they were disbanding is also the guy who controls the alliance.
[/quote]
Tbh I haven't read anything other than the OP and this last page, haven't followed (or cared, for that matter) how this has been unfolding. The fact is, Olympus attacked the leader of AcTi. AcTi recognizes a state of war with Olympus. You can't possibly spin this as AcTi declaring on Olympus. They didn't ask for this, Olympus forced it on them.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311860383']Tbh I haven't read anything other than the OP and this last page, haven't followed (or cared, for that matter) how this has been unfolding.[/quote]

Are you sure about that? You seem to care.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311860383' post='2766126']
Tbh I haven't read anything other than the OP and this last page, haven't followed (or cared, for that matter) how this has been unfolding. The fact is, Olympus attacked the leader of AcTi. AcTi recognizes a state of war with Olympus. You can't possibly spin this as AcTi declaring on Olympus. They didn't ask for this, Olympus forced it on them.
[/quote]

This is a carbon copy of the DoW. You dont have the facts but are able to make a decision. I dont need to spin this, AcTi’s 2ic has since said AcTi was played by Batallion and tried to reverse the DoW. If the alliance who made the DoW think they made a mistake then thats all that matters. Your opinion based on an uninformed and disinterested assumption is irrelevant.

edit: I cant believe you are a MoFa [img]http://www.cnbaps.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif[/img]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Sibre' timestamp='1311860544' post='2766127']
Are you sure about that? You seem to care.
[/quote]
Not how it's unfolded, which is what I said.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311860778' post='2766132']
This is a carbon copy of the DoW. You dont have the facts but are able to make a decision. I dont need to spin this, AcTi’s 2ic has since said AcTi was played by Batallion and tried to reverse the DoW. If the alliance who made the DoW think they made a mistake then thats all that matters. Your opinion based on an uninformed and disinterested assumption is irrelevant.
[/quote]
The leader of their alliance was hit, what else is there to know?

And to be fair, none of our opinions matter except for those of AcTi and Olympus.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311860841' post='2766133']
Not how it's unfolded, which is what I said.

The leader of their alliance was hit, what else is there to know?

And to be fair, none of our opinions matter [b]except for those of AcTi and Olympus.[/b]
[/quote]

You are correct. Olympus dont agree with you and AcTi said they made a mistake. Both disagree with you.

Edited by Alterego

[/quote]

Alterego, I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If you declare war on a member of an alliance, let alone the leader or former-leader of that alliance, you are liable to face the alliance's wrath as a whole, pending a RoH.

Now, I support Olympus's attacks against Battalion. Having said that, by attacking just Battalion they stated that the whole alliance would not be attacked, but I'm sure they also realized that Acti had a legitimate basis for responding to the attacks.

Say NE were to get into one of his drunken stupors and anger someone (this is seeming less and less hypothetical... :awesome: ) and that someone and their alliance attacked NE but told BAPS they'd limit their attacks to just NE. There is no way you could tell me that BAPS would not be completely justified in destroying the offending person and their alliance.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311861306' post='2766146']
You are correct. Olympus dont agree with you and AcTi said they made a mistake. Both disagree with you.
[/quote]

Yes AcTi might of said they made a mistake, you know why? because Olympus didnt go and contact any other goverment at AcTi about the incident to sort it out diplomatically. So if you was Teddyyo and woke up to find a member/gov of your alliance being declared on by members and goverment of Olympus, you would automatically see it as a declaration of war and retaliate.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311861306' post='2766146']
[/quote]

[quote]Olympus cannot condone the actions of your leader that night, the OOC attacks (I'm not posting them here, you'll have to look on another site to get them) on one of our members is not cool, and we feel we have to do something about it.[/quote]

Please link me to where Teddy says Bat "plays" AcTi? Unless there's something that wasn't pointed out in the OP (which were OOC reasons), then it's just backtracking to try and save pixels. Defending your leader is never a mistake, there are very few exceptions to that.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1311862087' post='2766154']
Please link me to where Teddy says Bat "plays" AcTi? Unless there's something that wasn't pointed out in the OP (which were OOC reasons), then it's just backtracking to try and save pixels. Defending your leader is never a mistake, there are very few exceptions to that.
[/quote]

Here you go

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1311781732' post='2765284']
A deal is in the works. The details are being worked out and Olympus gov has to approve, but the basics are done.

Also. Batallion.
[b]Shut up while I fix the mess that we now know you set up for the rest of AcTi to endure.[/b]

Thanks,
Tedd.
[/quote]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1311859995' post='2766121']
[/quote]
Please show me the part in Olympus' DoW that specifically declares war on the AcTi alliance?

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1311834189' post='2766010']

AcTi has a treaty, they just haven't activated it. They probably know how dumb it would be to do that. I don't recall any member of Umbrella or other alliances making the remarks Batallion made, therefore they didn't need to be dealt with.

Listen here, Jac. You've never had it in you to do anything, ever. Don't start running your mouth now just because you are on a big AA. You'd love for us to declare on NG, because everyone else there would be able to do the fighting for you.

Funny all this coming from the guy that couldn't keep his alliance alive, and ran when he ran out of friends and allies. You're no better than Batallion - in fact, at least AcTi is still around.

Fighting [b]you[/b] and fighting AcTi would be nearly the same thing.
[/quote]

First of all, being in a big alliance has nothing to do with how I "Run my mouth", I would have thought you of all people would know that, secondly I think the disbanding insult is a little weak, considering many alliances who have accomplished much more than we did met the same fate, and I don't see you insulting them.

Lastly, we had plenty of friends, but we wanted to make sure we could be faithful to each one. Perhaps you should take a lesson from what we did and shave a few of your treaties off.

[quote name='Grendel' timestamp='1311852183' post='2766080']
You really are pathetic Jacapo. You have been trolling the OWF for anything Olympus ever since we decided to take back an old member a few months back. Your butt got hurt, then you cancelled our treaty and you made a lot of threats about fighting us, but guess what, you were too scared to do anything and nothing ever came of your threats. If anyone was to look at all your anti-Olympus posts put back to back they could see how hard you try to massage you over inflated ego with trying to trash Olympus. You try too hard and I seriously doubt anyone takes your opinion seriously, some just feed off your bile for Troll effect.

You've had months to do something to show you are the big bad boy in the room and all we heard were crickets and an occasional [size="1"]peep[/size] out of you. Now all of a sudden you get some balls.........go figure.

I have nothing against anyone else from the previous alliance of Hydra. Some do not like us and some even have some negative things to say about us and that is fine. You though you just can not let it go and move forward and in general are pretty pathetic "leader". At least Lord Hershey makes a coherent argument, I might not agree but at least there is some thought put into it. Give it a try some day.

Edit - sorry for the derail of the subject but sometimes you just have to get it off your chest.
[/quote]

Half of this is just a lie. I've never made threats of fighting you, and you didn't just take back an old member, you sheltered a war deserter and refused to let us punish him, WHILE WE WERE ALLIED. A bigger back-stab you could not have done.

If you think my being in NG is affecting my arguments then you are once again wrong, go back to any olympus thread while I was in hydra and you will see. The arguments you guys are making are blatantly false.

Keep on being the same guys, just maybe you will find an unarmed man in a wheelchair who can put up more of a fight to pick on next war, because you aren't winning any props for beating down this train wreck.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1311862621' post='2766163']
Here you go
[/quote]
That doesn't tell me anything. There is no possible way Bat saw Olympus declaring on AcTi for OOC attacks. If it was literally any other alliance (probably even person), nothing would've come of this. People say the same stuff daily in most channels, and nothing comes of it.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1311863479']Keep on being the same guys, just maybe you will find an unarmed man in a wheelchair who can put up more of a fight to pick on next war, because you aren't winning any props for beating down this train wreck.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? All KINDS of people are giving us props. Have you not been keeping up in this thread?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1311862009' post='2766153']
Yes AcTi might of said they made a mistake, you know why? because Olympus didnt go and contact any other goverment at AcTi about the incident to sort it out diplomatically. So if you was Teddyyo and woke up to find a member/gov of your alliance being declared on by members and goverment of Olympus, you would automatically see it as a declaration of war and retaliate.[/quote]

I'd want answers and I'd want them sooner rather than later. If it was only one member/gov of my alliance, I might immediately conclude that Exodus thought he did something really, really bad and want to get his side of it right away. Would I see it as a declaration of war and retaliate? Not necessarily.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311863462' post='2766175']
Please show me the part in Olympus' DoW that specifically declares war on the AcTi alliance?
[/quote]

The part where they declared war on someone in an alliance.

GOONS declares war on you and you alone. If the rest of your AA helps then we can activate all the DPs we have since it is your AA making the war move.

You seriously think that's how it works?

Or it just how it works when it works for your opinion?

Again, I do not care that AcTi is being destroyed (again), just don't sugar coat the !@#$.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1311863462' post='2766175']
[/quote]

Let's see...

[quote]Let it be known, should the members of AcTi or their Allies desire to come to Batallions aid during this, Olympus will expand the war accordingly. That means, we will deal with those that proceed to harm the Olympians delivering Batallion what he is deserving of.[/quote]

Personally I'd take that as a promise of further action. You are free to fold that into a decorative hat if you wish, but I don't think it offers much protection from incoming fire. <_<