This Week in Pacifica

This Week in Pacifica

Desk_Icon.jpg

Good evening from This Week in Pacifica! I'm your host Schattenmann, and tonight we have as much yawnbait as a Pacifican could ever hope for. TWiP is on!

Under Who's Boot?

This week, the terrorist organization Vox Populi celebrated its 6 month anniversary. This comes on the heels of at least three other Pacifican enemy anniversaries: Legion, ODN and GATO.

Now, if he's anything, your host is fair. There are things I like, there are things I don't, but when those cameras start rolling, I'm on your time, not mine. But this week, I am simply forced to ask: Has the Pacifican military traded in it's leather-soled jackboots for rubber? Have we become so soft that we allow our enemies to suckle at our teet--to take nourishment from us? Will we shake hands with any rapscallion at the head of a vermin horde?

Would that I were an enemy of Pacifica, that I might grow and flourish!

And to watch our Emperor phony-up Pacifica's own anniversary in the most transparent sham I've seen for some time in a feeble attempt to outdo GATO--I nearly vomited! 5 years? Five? The greatest scientific minds across the planet without regard to alliance affiliation, without regard to political philosophy, are all in accord: Digiterra is but 3 years old. I might expect Vox Populi or the ADN scum to claim 4 years to spite Pacifica, but I sputter at the thought of these anniversaries, of the weakness we've shown!

That business aside, a note to our viewers: We've got a lot of ground to cover, and my TwiP Tip to you is to go ahead and get a warm glass of water to soak your eyeballs in after you've done wading through it all.

Tonight's top story continues our examination of the faltering Pacifican economy, and though I wish with all five points of Francos' Star that is in my heart that it were not so, we have but more dreary news for the already languishing Tech Corps.

The Buck Stops There

As the Pacifican Council and Bank rolled up and carted off promises of billions in development aid, Pacificans left in the cold by the move were directed to cast their hopes on the internationally-lauded Tech Corps.

TechMarket.jpg

Within the next week, however, problems in distribution, timing, and rank preference within the organization came to a head when one Pacifican broke the silence of hundreds on those issues.

When TWiP broke the story here in what is becoming a serial on the ailing Pacifican economy, Bank officials, Tech Corps staff, and Imperial Officers were all quick to claim media bias, instead blaming the victim here in the public arena as they had also done in private.

But the problems within the Tech Corps remain undeniable, and this week there's more and perhaps worse: Foreign infiltration. In captures exclusively available to TWiP, we can see one such exemplar by one of NPO's oldest enemies:

The FAN infiltrator, "Boss Hogg", having passed membership exams and criteria, moves quickly into the Tech Market. As a small nation looking for scant cash in the decadent Francograd, he is quickly embraced by larger nations equally strapped for tech.

fantech1.jpg

As rulers line up for the rare opportunity to buy tech, Boss Hogg's foreign aid is quickly filled, and--goal accomplished--he reveals himself to the ailing parties.

fantech2.jpg

And from our vantage point here high over Francograd, we are left no real choice but to agree: Between continued Vox Populi disruptions and FAN covert ops, no tech deal here is safe. While Pacifican counter-intelligence continues to expel and destroy faithful Comrades in vain attempts to root out foreign agents, her military remains seemingly incapable of dealing with the whack-a-mole nature of aid raiding despite two years' worth of experience on the FAN front and 6 months' worth against Vox.

While this incompetence persists on these two central battlegrounds, I fear--loyal comrade that I am--that our citizens can have no peace. Why! How could we, when the smitherines of the Vox-wrecked Lady Pacifica statue still litter its square?

A Moment of Silencing

Three weeks ago, TWiP's inaugural run ignited a bit of a firestorm in regards to the freedom of Pacificans to express their ideas without fear, and their freedom to express such in the manner most fitting their want.

Of course, it is the party line that any comrade might say just whatever pleases him on any given day; however, This Week in Pacifica has gone digging (we cannot pass up a challenge) and it is well we did . . .

Our voyage begins in October, 2 months into the Vox Populi terrorist onslaught. While on a vacation, IO Z'ha'dum neglected to return home for 20 days, and upon his return he found that his nation was ruined. In fact, it was gone. His claim on this error was three-pronged: A shift in space and time which robbed him (but not the rest of the world) of one day; or, that Admin is a careless and disinterested master; or, that Vox Populi Shamen used their strong, dark magick to rend his nation both from Planet Bob's terrestrial grasp and Admin's omnipotent fist. As his comrades suggest in increasing numbers that perhaps Z'ha'dum returned on day 20, not day 19, he becomes increasingly agitated and increasingly virile in his screams of other-wordly influence.

In response to Z'ha'dum's claims and the general attitude of "Admin sucks" in reponse to that IO's blunder, a member attempts to open a discussion of the issues and address her concerns with Admin-bashing, but it is deleted immediately. Subsequently, she opens this discussion:

sarai.jpg

An interesting set of questions and intimations indeed, and if there's any hint of subordination, TWiP can't find it. The reply?

Zhadum3.jpg

Z'ha'dum by this point has convinced himself of Admin's cold heart and Vox's foul influence--there is no turning him from it and he shall hear none such.

The innocent inquiry is quickly closed (better than a second deletion, we suppose) with this final word in at the last second.

Zhadum4.jpg

Hope is your friend, comrade. Curiosity? Not so much.

Now, TWiP can't very well spend all the time it would take to cover every transgression since or in total, but we can bring you some more. What follows is the plight of our loyal former comrade, Sileath.

In our first broadcast, evidence of expression-stifling was in part refuted by the Pacifican government as it had been in the Banking discussion we reported on--that loyal Pacificans are welcome to express themselves on any point, as long as they are "respectful." Take a look, and see that Sileath is nothing but:

sileath1.jpg

At the time of the incident, Sileath was a member of the Diplomatic Corps stationed to Molon Labe and Sparta, and Squad Leader of the Beta Bashers, Sileath's claim is legit, but he's got a problem--you don't enforce the rules upon an Imperial Officer's live-in lover. Rushing to defend his indefensible acts, Z'ha'dum exercises the prerorgative of his station in record time (post 2) and immediately begins belittling Sileath.

sileath2.jpg

Claws out, MaskofBlue--a member of the Council which is democratically elected by the Body Republic to serve them--follows suit:

sileath3.jpg

Sileath calmly tries to elaborate his position, and urges his government not to make this a personal character attack thread:

sileath4.jpg

Ignoring their comrade's earnest request, MaskofBlue and Z'ha'dum instead ramp it up:

sileath5.jpg

As the government's attack on Sileath rages, one faithful, honorable comrade with sense attempts to ballast the course, but it is already keeled over:

sileath6.jpg

Before the flamefest can escalate further, Dilber moves in to show Z'ha'dum how an Emperor handles tense situations:

sileath7.jpg

TWiP has utmost faith in the Imperator Emeritus' word; however, as of air-time, a request for comment went unanswered, and last night while attempting to contact Dilber, this reporter was banned from #NSA while silently idling--5 times.

In a last minute developement to this story, TWiP has learned that MaskofBlue was not satisfied with her attacks in Sileath's request for ban guidleines, that she was not satisfied with his coerced resignation from NPO, but instead continued her personal attacks against him by producing this image for the Pacifican Press:

Sileath.png

Should MaskofBlue try to run from her work, TWiP has backed the image up here.

This onslaught against a Pacifican by the government he has sworn loyalty to, by the Councillor Pacificans elected, by an Imperial Officer, is sickening to TWiP, but more sickening are the reams of similar incidents that go on in the dark, that are deleted by IOs before they're seen.

One might think that expulsion of Pacificans, repulsion of Pacificans, and silencing of Pacificans would be enough of all three to satisfy the Pacifican government's wants.

One has another think coming.

It seems that where Francos' Star goes, government oppression follows. While the Viceroyalty may be a revolving door with koona the Banned, Vladimir the Lazy, and now Sir Donal R Daemon the Come Lately, one thing is constant: expelled GATO government members and forced silenced.

The lastest Viceroy, Daemon, has executed his duties duly leaving a demoted Assembly Chairman, Vlad_tepes aka Morte, and an expelled Ambassador Consul, Ragashingo.

It seems that some weeks ago Daemon asked AC Morte for his "opinion" of a former GATO member who had gone nuke rogue/Vox on an Imperial Officer. Because the member had not re-applied for GATO membership, Morte informed Daemon of his personal feelings on the man: that he was an okay person. Daemon then wholesale banned Morte--GATO's highest native representative--from GATO's forums and IRC channel with trumped up charges of attempting to secret a Vox agent back into the alliance.

If Pacifica refers to Vox Populi only as a "terrorist group" perhaps it is fitting, for it seems that she is indeed terrified of the "passing fad." Daemon has now coerced Ragashingo, GATO's Ambassador Consul, from his post and removed his access from GATO's forum. His offence? In part, Ragashingo apparently opened a thread that expressed his amusement with this program's first broadcast. Daemon reportedly went "!@#$%" in the thread, then deleted it more than once as it was re-posted before taking the gripe to private chambers.

What follows is a TWiP exclusive; we have obtained a hard copy of Ragashingo's explanatory thread to the membership of GATO, which was also deleted more than once:

A log of #gato_ga where this started

A log of my query with SDRD after the GATO log

Neither of these has been altered in any way.

As you can see in the logs above SDRD has already threatened to delete this post, calling it spam. His definition of spam is insane. This post is certainly not to his liking as it exposes something he wanted to keep quiet, but it is not in any way shape or form spam. If this post is deleted I will repost it, once. If it is deleted again I will PM it to each active GATO member on these boards. With that said on with the post:

I originally intended to do a bigger grander post with pages of reasoning and arguments and so on, but thats not what is really needed. This is the stripped down bare bones version.

1. I have been fired from my post of Ambassador Consul by SDRD for:

...not following orders, you are finding vox posts with anti-Order intention "funny", you think there should be something done to "change" the orders position in the world, you are anti-order...

2. I have no idea what the first "charge" of not following orders is about.

3. I did find some recent Vox actions funny. I see no reason to apologize for that and I won't.

4. I do think there should be something done to change the order's position in the world. Of course my definition and SDRD's differ greatly here. He's thinking of the destruction of the Order, while I'd much rather see it stay right where it is but become kinder and less aggressive and less controlling.

5. I am not anti-order. Yes, I dislike some of the things they have done in the past to our alliance and to others, but I will just as quickly praise them, support them, and send my nation to war for them if they are in the right, which they certainly are sometimes.

6. SDRD's claim that I was threatening him is simply insane and a complete outright lie. In my opening query to him I said :

02:03:24 AM Ragashingo ->Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: Yep, you're sure showing me. Taking away my ability to help my alliance.

02:07:42 AM Ragashingo ->Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: I of course intend to fight you on this, just not tonight. It's too late.

Later in our discussion this occurred:

02:48:29 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon to chose other venues" cause I, as you accusse me to do, "abuse power"

02:48:51 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon instead of speaking to me about the reasons for my decision you want to "fight" me

02:49:04 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon congratulations. With that sentiment alone you disqualified

02:49:33 AM Ragashingo I said I did not want to fight you.

02:50:26 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon <Ragashingo> I of course intend to fight you on this,

02:50:30 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon not your words?

My accusation of his abuse of power refers specifically to his deleting multiple topics posted by Morte when he fired Morte in an even less defendable action. And his reuse of my opening message to him, wanting to fight him, obviously refers to fighting him on the issue of my firing as I said here:

02:09:41 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon you want to fight me?

02:09:58 AM Ragashingo No

02:10:33 AM Sir_Donald_R_Deamon ok

02:13:39 AM Ragashingo But I will make an issue of your actions if you decide to go through with them.

7. All I want is my position back so that I can help out GATO in one of the few positions I'm truly interested in.

What can a Pacifican do about these transgressions? What trip to these excesses of power is there? Unfortunately, in an alliance where the only democratically elected element is just as corrupt and power-concerned as the rigid, dusty autocratic element?

Pacifica is a Democratic Autocracy--your presence is your vote of support. Your absence is your vote of no confidence. And that brings us to our next stories . . .

An Elder Returns

This week, TWiP is delighted to announce that LordValentine has reincorporated his nation after a long absence.

av-813.png

LordValentine is a Founding Member of the NPO, the host of its first forum, and was an Alliance Councillor, Advisor to Emperor Moldavi, Head of Imperial Security to Emperor Dilber, and Internal Affairs Imperial Officer to Emperor Moo.

He takes his place among loyal Francoist Pacificans and Polars Doitzel, electron_sponge, Moridin, King Penchuk, as well as numerous Pacifican and Polar military commanders and diplomatic attaches.

When LordValentine razed his own nation some months ago, it was Planet Bob's 13th oldest.

Freedom's Just Another Word . . .

This week, noted Pacifican comrade HeinousOne resigned his membership in the NPO citing a desire to "protect Pacifica" amid concerns from her allies.

HeinousOne joins Comrade Tygaland in the Siberian Tiger Alliance. No word yet on what sort of insults MaskofBlue had to throw at his back.

I hope you've had fun, I hope you've gained some knowledge, and with that: This is Schattenmann signing off on this, the 521st day since the declaration of mission accomplished in the FAN territorties. Goodnight!

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool story bro.

edit: also, you can be banned from #npowned for absolutely any reason anyone with ops can think of, and I actually believe there's a thread mentioning said op abuse, one of the things I disliked about being a Pacifican.

Edited by Mogar

But the problems within the Tech Corps remain undeniable, and this week there's more and perhaps worse: Foreign infiltration. In captures exclusively available to TWiP, we can see one such exemplar by one of NPO's oldest enemies:

That is not the Tech Corps. That is the Tech Market open to everyone. Get your facts strait or don't report them.

The FAN infiltrator, "Boss Hogg", having passed membership exams and criteria, moves quickly into the Tech Market. As a small nation looking for scant cash in the decadent Francograd, he is quickly embraced by larger nations equally strapped for tech.

He didn't pass the exam, as you can clearly see by his "Not NPO" mask.

1. Koona is not banned.

2. Boss Hogg was never a member. He applied but was denied and was trading as a Red Team Nation in the Red Team Area.

3. No current screenshots of our forum (member areas not public - Red Team Area is public) so you had to dig and use old ones. What's wrong lose your source?

Link to failed entry by Boss Hogg as a member

Edited by Bilrow

1. Koona is not banned.

2. Boss Hogg was never a member. He applied but was denied and was trading as a Red Team Nation in the Red Team Area.

3. No current screenshots of our forum (member areas not public - Red Team Area is public) so you had to dig and use old ones. What's wrong lose your source?

Your Imperial Clown Zha'dum gave us so much comedic material that we didn't need to rely on our more classified sources.

1. Koona is not banned.

ARE YOU SURRRRRRE?

Boss.jpg

The fact that Boss Hogg outted himself before NPO got around to masking him does not mean that NPO managed to protect itself. Puhleeeeeaaaaasssssse, Billy.

[OOC]Link to IP trap.[/OOC]

Edited by Schattenmann

ARE YOU SURRRRRRE?

The fact that Boss Hogg outted himself before NPO got around to masking him does not mean that NPO managed to protect itself. Puhleeeeeaaaaasssssse, Billy.

[OOC]Link to IP trap.[/OOC]

All applicants get that checklist during the interview process.

boss.jpg

This is how the ends of his interview process ended. You lose.

He was an applicant going through a process of becoming a full member.

There is a difference here, try to find it.

The fact of the matter is that Boss Hogg didnt' need to be a member to take NPO for a 15 million dong ride, and had he wanted to be a member he would have been. Or did I post the standard NPO rejection letter?

Edited by Schattenmann

He read the damning evidence that Boss Hogg was an NPO member pretty well. How about you? Can you read?

It's amazing how many errors there are in this, and when presented with these errors, Vox continues to deny them! Evidently, they are completely incapable of figuring out how our alliance works in general, and the application process in particular. Boss Hogg was not ever a member. In fact, even if his application is accepted, he's STILL not a member, and he hadn't even gotten to that stage!

The fact of the matter is that Boss Hogg didnt' need to be a member to take NPO for a 15 million dong ride, and had he wanted to be a member he would have been. Or did I post the standard NPO rejection letter?

Excellent backpedaling. Of course, if you all had taken this stance to begin with, you'd look quite a bit less silly, wouldn't you?

Edited by Geoffron X

He didn't pass the exam, as you can clearly see by his "Not NPO" mask.

Uh, no, not really. His Not NPO mask is after he revealed he was a spy. You cannot take the exam with that mask because you cannot see the exam or any of the supposed "study" materials with it. You get an NPO mask after you are accepted, then you take the exam. You're not a full member, but you are a member. Don't they even teach you how your own alliance works?

Edited by West of Eden

It's amazing how many errors there are in this, and when presented with these errors, Vox continues to deny them! Evidently, they are completely incapable of figuring out how our alliance works in general, and the application process in particular. Boss Hogg was not ever a member. In fact, even if his application is accepted, he's STILL not a member, and he hadn't even gotten to that stage!

So you don't even have to be an NPO member to scam them blind? Great info, thanks.