The Sun Also Rises

[center][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/Flags/banner004.png[/IMG][/center]

In the wake of the Karma War, the Red sphere became an open sphere for the first time in decades. As the post-Karma Spring blossomed, new alliances flourished, many coming to Red. Some came in earnest, some as colonies of would-be power-brokers, some as a slight against Pacifica; whatever the case, all came looking for a new beginning on the last color frontier. Despite our many differences, the greater part of us came together with high hopes of cooperation in trade, commerce, and Senate. It was a new day for Red, it was the Red Dawn.

Those with no plan or with less-than-pure motives came and went quickly, but through the years Justitia's Cult, Pacifica, Invicta, and the Union of Communist Republics remained and became the strong bedrock of the new order of things on Red. In time, cooperation brought friendship; friendship, familiarity; familiarity, lethargy. Even as we matured in our union, changes settled upon the landscape; changes that made many aspects of our treaty obsolete. Yet we did not adapt our union--itself once cutting-edge--to the new world.

Many have witnessed the withdrawal of Pacifica as the death knell of Red Dawn. And if the very changes which precipitated her complaints had not occurred, we who remain would agree: a trade agreement could not survive such a draining of the pool. But in truth, trade is far from our purpose and has been for a long time.

The purpose of Red Dawn was, and is, and ever shall be unity, peace, and above all: freedom. Indeed, to secure freedom on Red. Freedom of association, freedom from tyranny, freedom to exist in peace on Red. Its means were trade and commerce, its sign was the open Senate. Though we were slow to come into the modern era, we remain committed to this lofty goal, to each other, and to the expansion of our union to those we have overlooked in the past and to those who will come to Red in the future.

This is our mission, this is the new Red Dawn.

In the pursuit of freedom on the Red Team, in unity of cause and purpose, and in interest of securing diversity in the Red Senate, we signatories of of Red Dawn agree thus:

[b]Article 1: Freedom of Will[/b]
The signatories are and shall remain sovereign entities. No article of this treaty shall be construed to constrain or compel any action that is not expressly agreed upon within this treaty on the part of any signatory.

[b]Article 2: Freedom from Fear[/b]
The signatories shall not engage in hostile acts of aggression against each other so long as they remain members of this Red union.

[b]Article 3: Freedom of the Senate[/b]
Signatories agree to cooperate with each other in matters of the Red Senate.
a. The Signatory members will agree to act as a voting bloc in Red Sphere Senate elections; Senate candidates will be agreed upon unanimously between signatories.
b. Failure to find unanimous agreement will allow a free vote.
c. Signatory members may not support a senate candidate that is suspected of desiring to harm another signatory.

[b]Article 4: Freedom of Association[/b]
a. Any alliances residing on the Red team in good standing may request membership in Red Dawn. They shall make known their desire to join Red Dawn, after which the signatories will discuss the petition for a 48 hour period. After 48 hours, a vote will be convened to determine the acceptance or rejection of the applicant alliance. Any applicant gaining unanimous approval from current signatories shall be considered a member.
b. Any signatories of Red Dawn who have been determined to no longer be acting in the interests of Red Dawn or the Red team as a whole may be put up for expulsion. The signatories will discuss the expulsion proposal for a 48 hour period. After 48 hours, a vote will be taken on whether or not the alliance in question will be expelled. Expulsion requires 75% approval from all signatories except for the signatory whose expulsion is being considered.

Agreed in unity on this 16[sup]th[/sup] of May, 2012:

Thrash, President of Invicta
Dan2680 of Red Army, President of Invicta
rotty, Vice-President
PrinceVegeta, Minister of Internal Affairs, Prince of all Saiyans, Wielder of the Bass Cannon
President Gunn of Acturea, aka Nascar8FanGA, Minister of Finance, Consigliere

Schattenmann, Presbyter of Justitia's Cult
Don Chele, Hierophant of the same
Biff Webster, Dadouchos
zzzptm, Apostolos

Zeroremorse, Premier of the Union of Communist Republics
gatorback05, Commissar of Internal Affairs
RA2Leader, Commissar of Finances
Karkas, Commissar of Foreign Affairs
Zer0president, Commissar of Defense

Very nice, grats to you guys and here is a o/ for you moving it forward.

Point of clarity because its a bit ambiguous, is it your intention to work with the one senate seat or work together with your own list of people. I ask due to this particular line:
[quote]a. The Signatory members will agree to act as a voting bloc in Red Sphere Senate elections; Senate candidates will be agreed upon unanimously between signatories.[/quote]

I never liked colour treaties. Probably has something to do with my earliest real experience at politics being dealing with GGA and their 'green unity' bull. And then watching them destroy the sphere of win, which has never recovered. When I hear talk of a colour treaty I reach for my pistol.

That said, anything CoJ signs is worth a second look. I even read it all, and I cant even find anything to hate on in it. Congratulations to the signatories, and here's wishing Red Dawn the very best. Cheers!

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1337227559' post='2968414']
Does this mean you will try to actually win a Senate seat on your own for Red Dawn or will you still be getting Pacifica's help?

o/ Red Dawn
[/quote]
Pacifica has made clear that it does not view Red Dawn as Senate competition and Red Dawn has made it clear that it does not view Pacifica as Senate competition or itself as a competitor on the Senate to Pacifica. But you go on and sell your papers. Naturally, Red Dawn will vote for its candidate alone, that is Red Dawn's prerogative. NPO is currently--and I have every expectation will continue to--spread its votes between 2 Pacifican candidates and the one Red Dawn candidate. Cooperation (within and without our treaty) is not, as you imply, Red Dawn's weakness, it is our strength.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1337227553' post='2968413']

Point of clarity because its a bit ambiguous, is it your intention to work with the one senate seat or work together with your own list of people. I ask due to this particular line:
[/quote]

Thank you for the congrats Brehon. To clarify our ambiguous language, we intend to vote as a bloc to put forward a candidate of our unanimous choosing. We also intend to continue to unanimously support the two chosen NPO candidates. Of course, we agree with you that should circumstances change in our cordial relations, then both Red Dawn and Pacifica will have to re-evaluate the senate voting. By the numbers, that won't change much so I am not sure what the fuss is about regarding the senate.

Red Dawn wishes Pacifica the best, and hopes to re-form a close partnership in the future.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337227964' post='2968417']
Pacifica has made clear that it does not view Red Dawn and Senate competition and Red Dawn has made it clear that it does not view Pacifica as Senate competition or itself as a competitor on the Senate to Pacifica. But you go on and sell your papers. Naturally, Red Dawn will vote for its candidate alone, that is Red Dawn's prerogative. NPO is currently--and I have every expectation will continue to--spread its votes between 2 Pacifican candidates and the one Red Dawn candidate. Cooperation (within and without our treaty) is not, as you imply, Red Dawn's weakness, it is our strength.
[/quote]

For those trying to see/create drama out of this, Schatt's clarification is exactly the agreement we had in place prior to this announcement. No drama to see here, move along people.

Good luck to this latest iteration of Red Dawn.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1337228073' post='2968419']
Thank you for the congrats Brehon. To clarify our ambiguous language, we intend to vote as a bloc to put forward a candidate of our unanimous choosing. We also intend to continue to unanimously support the two chosen NPO candidates. Of course, we agree with you that should circumstances change in our cordial relations, then both Red Dawn and Pacifica will have to re-evaluate the senate voting. By the numbers, that won't change much so I am not sure what the fuss is about regarding the senate.

Red Dawn wishes Pacifica the best, and hopes to re-form a close partnership in the future.
[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. I do wish Red Dawn the best o/

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1337227553' post='2968413']

[/quote]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337227964' post='2968417']
Pacifica has made clear that it does not view Red Dawn as Senate competition and Red Dawn has made it clear that it does not view Pacifica as Senate competition or itself as a competitor on the Senate to Pacifica. But you go on and sell your papers. Naturally, Red Dawn will vote for its candidate alone, that is Red Dawn's prerogative. NPO is currently--and I have every expectation will continue to--spread its votes between 2 Pacifican candidates and the one Red Dawn candidate. Cooperation (within and without our treaty) is not, as you imply, Red Dawn's weakness, it is our strength.
[/quote]
Emperor Brehon, as you can see in Post 8, wanted similar clarification. I never implied Red Dawn was weak. I implied now and previously in another thread that those supporting the third candidate were lazy in not working for the seat by helping send out messages. You were or are being given a seat without working for it. Cooperation to me would be you (Red Dawn) taking a load off some Pacificans and help send out similar messages to red nations. Save the "we don't have the programmers" to create bulk lists, I heard it already. Anyways, I do wish Red Dawn well despite our differing opinions on how the Senate seat should be earned.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1337228554' post='2968425']
Emperor Brehon, as you can see in Post 8, wanted similar clarification. I never implied Red Dawn was weak. I implied now and previously in another thread that those supporting the third candidate were lazy in not working for the seat by helping send out messages. You were or are being given a seat without working for it. Cooperation to me would be you (Red Dawn) taking a load off some Pacificans and help send out similar messages to red nations. Save the "we don't have the programmers" to create bulk lists, I heard it already. Anyways, I do wish Red Dawn well despite our differing opinions on how the Senate seat should be earned.
[/quote]
Don't insult Brehon, he has manners. He wanted to know how many candidates we intend to field, you wanted to call us lazy. It was illogical for multiple RD AAs to send spam whether you accept that or not; it is still illogical for multiple RD AAs to send spam whether you accept that or not. NPO is not in Red Dawn, we will be sending our own messages; that is obvious to the simplest man.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1337228554' post='2968425']
[/quote]
You don't read well or carefully. In that other conversation Schatt made clear that we do have the ability to send the messages, but that Pacificans prefer to receive the message from one of their own. Go stir up trouble elsewhere, none exists here.

Point of truth: what is gained (while we were all in Red Dawn) to all of us spamming messages. We were unified in our efforts. Lets leave it at that out of respect to the AA's. Any other arguments are really something if we all wanted to move forward together. Its not a point we are, so we leave it in the past.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337228865' post='2968428']
Don't insult Brehon, he has manners. He wanted to know how many candidates we intend to field, you wanted to call us lazy. It was illogical for multiple RD AAs to send spam whether you accept that or not; it is still illogical for multiple RD AAs to send spam whether you accept that or not. NPO is not in Red Dawn, we will be sending our own messages; that is obvious to the simplest man.
[/quote]
I'm looking forward to receiving a message from the new Red Dawn.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1337229012' post='2968429']
You don't read well or carefully. In that other conversation Schatt made clear that we do have the ability to send the messages, but that Pacificans prefer to receive the message from one of their own. Go stir up trouble elsewhere, none exists here.
[/quote]
Not all red nations are Pacificans. My nation is only one little vote, but I am a constituent. I am fielding questions and comments to my representatives. What's the trouble with that?