Announcement from Poison Clan and Ragnarok

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1300142270' post='2664991']
The usual suspects come out to tell us what it is we achieved while PC cry over [s]lost gov[/s] spilled milk

i like this thread lots
[/quote]
So how's that "we'll never surrender" working out for you? You're just making yourself look more pathetic with those cheap potshots.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300183565' post='2665458']
So how's that "we'll never surrender" working out for you? You're just making yourself look more pathetic with those cheap potshots.
[/quote]
im just amazed at how many people spammed that we surrendered, its almost like they [i]need[/i] us to know it, like we didnt fight the war ourselves and need all these friendly OWF poster's to tell us what happen this past month.

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300183958' post='2665461']
im just amazed at how many people spammed that we surrendered, its almost like they [i]need[/i] us to know it, like we didnt fight the war ourselves and need all these friendly OWF poster's to tell us what happen this past month.
[/quote]
Seeing as you claimed a week ago that you'd never surrender it's a little funny. Add the RoK members acting tough in their own surrender thread and of course the brilliant ones that still try to deny that you surrendered and you got your explanation to why it's really fun to remind you guys that you surrendered.

Surrender is giving up
We didnt give up we followed our Ally to the end of there war, would have you suggested that we contiue fighting after NpO got peace?
RoK lost this war, no one is arguing that but we never stopped fighting, im sorry to be around during a time where people have no respect for those that they fought...

that being said im sure the [color="#FF0000"][b]ModEdit[/b][/color] nukes PC had at its disposel were a great advantage, one hopes that they take away some lessons from this war as RoK surely will as well

Edited by Hecate
Discussion of Moderation Issues.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1300190227' post='2665498']
Surrender is giving up
We didnt give up we followed our Ally to the end of there war, would have you suggested that we contiue fighting after NpO got peace?
RoK lost this war, no one is arguing that but we never stopped fighting, im sorry to be around during a time where people have no respect for those that they fought...

that being said im sure the multiple [s]nations[/s]nukes PC had at its disposel were a great advantage, one hopes that they take away some lessons from this war as RoK surely will as well
[/quote]
Whatever you need to blame to get over your defeat. As for the respect it goes both ways. If you'd shown some respect maybe people wouldn't mock you. As of now you try to use semantics to make this look like some kind of victory on your part and keep up the tough guy talk which just makes you look pathetic.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1300192705' post='2665519']
This was not a victory on our part... nor was it a complete defeat.

I believe we have gained more than we have lost... only time will tell.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it's a complete defeat. This part here sort of implies it is.
[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1300062942' post='2663667']
[b]Ragnarok admits defeat.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300183565' post='2665458']
So how's that "we'll never surrender" working out for you?
[/quote]
They didn't surrender.

I mean, come on, it's a pure white peace agreement with absolutely no terms at all. They are completely unrestricted. This is as classic an example of an armistice as one is ever going to find.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300193286' post='2665524']
They didn't surrender.

I mean, come on, it's a pure white peace agreement with absolutely no terms at all. They are completely unrestricted. This is as classic an example of an armistice as one is ever going to find.
[/quote]
Ah I forgot. If you don't get reps you didn't really lose the war. If you do get reps the winners are monsters.

There is literally no way to win a war and not be a monster.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300192983' post='2665521']
I'm pretty sure it's a complete defeat. This part here sort of implies it is.
[/quote]
I am simply looking at it in a broader sense. Yes we lost the war. Yes we lost some allies. We also stuck it out till then end, gained some casualties, both gained and lost some respect(though, I would like to think we have come out ahead here)... but perhaps gained focus. So you see, I have no issues with claiming I have lost in war... I just do not see it as an overall loss... not yet.

edit: repeated myself.

Edited by Valtamdraugr

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1300195526' post='2665541']
I am simply looking at it in a broader sense. Yes we lost the war. Yes we lost some allies. We also stuck it out till then end, gained some casualties, both gained and lost some respect(though, I would like to think we have come out ahead here)... but perhaps gained focus. So you see, I have no issues with claiming I have lost in war... I just do not see it as an overall loss... not yet.

edit: repeated myself.
[/quote]
Any respect you might have gained in the war were so marginal it was most likely lost when you made a fool out of yourself by trying to argue semantics to make this technically a win.

Any respect you think you gained by leaving your allies is illusionary since you had already been eating your fair share of spotted dick at polars dinner parties quite a while.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300195792' post='2665543']
Any respect you might have gained in the war were so marginal it was most likely lost when you made a fool out of yourself by trying to argue semantics to make this technically a win.

Any respect you think you gained by leaving your allies is illusionary since you had already been eating your fair share of spotted dick at polars dinner parties quite a while.
[/quote]
Again, I disagree. So we dislike the term "surrender" as we believe it implies we "gave up". We also continued to fight based on our dislike of the term... we argued the point and it stands.

I never implied that leaving our allies was the cause of respect either gained or lost. We left SF for a variety of reasons.. ascendancy was a major concern as well as our FA direction likely to bring conflict again. I think this is the first time we have come to the direct defense of NpO.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1300197021' post='2665546']
Again, I disagree. So we dislike the term "surrender" as we believe it implies we "gave up". We also continued to fight based on our dislike of the term... we argued the point and it stands.

I never implied that leaving our allies was the cause of respect either gained or lost. We left SF for a variety of reasons.. ascendancy was a major concern as well as our FA direction likely to bring conflict again. I think this is the first time we have come to the direct defense of NpO.
[/quote]
This is a surrender thread. You surrendered, make of that what you will.

As for the reasons you left SF those were stated pretty clearly in your announcement that you're leaving. Wether those were true or just a final kick against SF is a topic for another thread.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300197782' post='2665548']
This is a surrender thread. You surrendered, make of that what you will.

As for the reasons you left SF those were stated pretty clearly in your announcement that you're leaving. Wether those were true or just a final kick against SF is a topic for another thread.
[/quote]
This is a peace announcement.. you do the same.

I believe the point mentioned in another conversation was the one that was foremost in our Empress' mind at the time of the announcement, that does not imply that it was the only reason... and it wasn't.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1300198681' post='2665551']
This is a peace announcement.. you do the same.

I believe the point mentioned in another conversation was the one that was foremost in our Empress' mind at the time of the announcement, that does not imply that it was the only reason... and it wasn't.
[/quote]
Maybe you empress shouldn't let her feelings get the best of her. Seems to be something that characterize you people though.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1300201357' post='2665568']
Defeat is still defeat. You lost.
[/quote]

Please show me someone who is denying this. If they are, they are wrong. Yeah, we lost. In fact, we admitted that we lost. But we didn't surrender. See the difference?

EDIT: Clarification

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1300201652' post='2665570']
Please show me someone who is denying this. If they are, they are wrong. Yeah, we lost. In fact, we admitted that we lost. But we didn't surrender. See the difference?

EDIT: Clarification
[/quote]

No Bob, they don't.

Neneko is also a horrid forum poster. Just let him post away.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1300201652' post='2665570']
Please show me someone who is denying this. If they are, they are wrong. Yeah, we lost. In fact, we admitted that we lost. But we didn't surrender. See the difference?[/quote]I predict a treaty with rectum invictorum in the pipeline.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300200227' post='2665559']
Maybe you empress shouldn't let her feelings get the best of her. Seems to be something that characterize you people though.
[/quote]
So, what, are emotions no longer allowed to be factored into decisions?

Am I talking to a robot and not a person here?

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1300203450' post='2665579']
No Bob, they don't.

Neneko is also a horrid forum poster. Just let him post away.
[/quote]
^Both of these.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1300207058' post='2665604']
So, what, are emotions no longer allowed to be factored into decisions?

Am I talking to a robot and not a person here?
[/quote]
There is a middle ground between not having emotions and letting them get the best of you. You can't seriously be this dumb.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300207399' post='2665609']
There is a middle ground between not having emotions and letting them get the best of you. You can't seriously be this dumb.
[/quote]
I'm not, I'm actually trying to put words in your mouth, in a possibly vain attempt to cease all the ad hominems that come from you people.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300193691' post='2665528']
Ah I forgot. If you don't get reps you didn't really lose the war. If you do get reps the winners are monsters.

There is literally no way to win a war and not be a monster.
[/quote]
They lost the war.

They did not surrender.

These are not the same thing. You can lose a contest and not surrender.

Surrendering means you give up your sovereignty to the conquering alliance.