The Roman Empire moves boldly to war

Schad

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1299812919' post='2659448']
Having been with Pork Shrimp for two flag run attempts (one serious, one not as much), even if I had no clue what the leadership had in mind (what they have in mind is exactly what Jack said), I'd know it's not a flag run. If anything, there would be far less "whining and complaining" if we were flag running because it draws attention, which is something one does NOT want in those situations.

What Pork Shrimp likes is to win. I mean, we're talking an alliance that spent last round beating the snot out of each other JUST to see which one of us is the toughest! aka - who out of all of us in the ultimate winner?

What you see as complaining and/or being "pissed off" (and others have mentioned appearing "overly confident" is closer to cheering on team Pork Shrimp. TE is sport.

Yeah, sometimes that's done directly - as in "Hail Pork Shrimp, we're the best" and sometimes it's done by poking fun at the other "team." Nothing serious meant by it, either way.
[/quote]

I love you.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1299812919' post='2659448']
Having been with Pork Shrimp for two flag run attempts (one serious, one not as much), even if I had no clue what the leadership had in mind (what they have in mind is exactly what Jack said), I'd know it's not a flag run. If anything, there would be far less "whining and complaining" if we were flag running because it draws attention, which is something one does NOT want in those situations.

What Pork Shrimp likes is to win. I mean, we're talking an alliance that spent last round beating the snot out of each other JUST to see which one of us is the toughest! aka - who out of all of us in the ultimate winner?

What you see as complaining and/or being "pissed off" (and others have mentioned appearing "overly confident") is really just cheering on team Pork Shrimp. TE is sport.

Yeah, sometimes that's done directly - as in "Hail Pork Shrimp, we're the best" and sometimes it's done by poking fun at the other "team." Nothing serious meant by it, either way.
[/quote]

You're almost right, but I have to say... whatever happened last round, PS wasn't beating the snot out of itself.

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1299813994' post='2659471']
You're almost right, but I have to say... whatever happened last round, PS wasn't beating the snot out of itself.
[/quote]

Everyone in the tournament was. The rest of us left the AA mid-round to make sure we gave people the chance to attack us rather than attack the tournament players when it became clear no one would touch them. As has been mentioned before, that plan backfired on us.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1299814096' post='2659473']
Everyone in the tournament was. The rest of us left the AA mid-round to make sure we gave people the chance to attack us rather than attack the tournament players when it became clear no one would touch them. As has been mentioned before, that plan backfired on us.
[/quote]

I'm still right, aren't I? :(

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1299814222' post='2659475']
[/quote]

The ones participating were beating the snot out of each other. Problem was, PS had way too many people in the role of security - that's how they miscalculated. So a bunch left later, trying to make up for it. I don't know the particulars though, because I was elsewhere at that time. It probably could of been dealt with different, but in their defense - it's not like anyone has a book out there on how to hold an internal tournament within CN:TE ;)

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Guppy Fish' timestamp='1299814222' post='2659475']
[/quote]

50-50, in hindsight it's easy to say we stockpiled nations who had no fighting. But foresight we might have needed them because we had no way of knowing people would actually respect a tournament, let alone pay enough attention to realize we were in a tournament.

Besides, it's not like we surprised anyone who was paying attention when we jumped to NB, everyone had over a week to adjust to the change and act accordingly.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299816021' post='2659518']
speaking of, some round we need a tournament with 1 or 2 fighters from each competing AA, i think enough people would be interested that it'd be easy to get enough AA's to protect it
[/quote]

I could get behind this idea.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299811531' post='2659408']
where does SF come into this??? and actually you beat SF once, after infiltrating us with a spy no less, you backed down the first time you had the choice, you know that time LE asked you to but we were bigger at the time so instead you sent us screenies of LE asking you to hit us....... but yeah carry on with the "we had to save LE!!!!1!1one!!" line

EDIT: that's assuming one could consider doing nothign somehow helping LE???
[/quote]
I have no idea what drugs you are on but I wouldn't post while on them. Show proof not accusations.

I honestly think you are still holding a grudge against OP for Cowboy knocking you out of the round 13 flag with 30 seconds to go. We laughed so hard that night in our private channel, but you deserved it for launching a rogue against Jolyat.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1299810993' post='2659395']
Last round was G-6's first round... and we held a grudge? Sure, paul. :lol1:

Confusion.
[/quote]
Come now, Confusion, do not tell me that you didn't start planning your failed attack on LE before round 14 was over. Try and deny it. <_<

That sounds like a grudge. :o

On another note, why are you posting in our war threads it has nothing to do with you little boy go act tough somewhere else, because I, and I'm quite sure that PS and THP members, are not impressed. :ehm: Unless its because all the attention is on the fighting and not on you. :lol1:

Edited by paul711

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1299992622' post='2662430']
Whoever's doing stats better add RECAP to the stats on their side. Apparently they needed back-up.
[/quote]

And PS didn't?

How many nations have you gained?

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1300045973' post='2663233']
And PS didn't?

How many nations have you gained?

Confusion.
[/quote]

Other than the one guy who defected to us from RE, most of the nations with low seniority are either re-rolls or long-term PS members.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1300052828' post='2663362']
Other than the one guy who defected to us from RE, most of the nations with low seniority are either re-rolls or long-term PS members.
[/quote]

Who just happened to join during the war?

Over 10 members joined...

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1300054006' post='2663392']
Who just happened to join during the war?

Over 10 members joined...

Confusion.
[/quote]

There are 10 people with five days or less seniority. Of those:

- 1 came from RE;

- 2 are new nations (one of those being JonBoy, the other currently at 3 NS) who hadn't been playing previously;

- 2 others are long-timers who took a temporary leave of absence to escape bill-lock and then back on it once they had, because RE apparently doesn't do target lists;

- Another one has run with us for several rounds, was away and thus remained at 3 NS, built up when he returned and joined PS;

- The other four are, as you can see by the nation ages, rerolls.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1300054490' post='2663403']
There are 10 people with five days or less seniority. Of those:

- Another one has run with us for several rounds, was away and thus remained at 3 NS, built up when he returned and joined PS;

[/quote]
Aye, I have run with PS for quite a while , the last few rnds Ive gone by George- New England. This rnd I decided I would like to sleep through update. I saw all the excitement and couldn't resist reactivating my dormant nation. The folks in PS make it is an absolute privilege to be seen among them.
Before I ran with PS I ran with you Confusion in MHA, however I doubt you remember a small fry such as myself.

[quote name='Mech88' timestamp='1300061742' post='2663612']
Aye, I have run with PS for quite a while , the last few rnds Ive gone by George- New England. This rnd I decided I would like to sleep through update. I saw all the excitement and couldn't resist reactivating my dormant nation. The folks in PS make it is an absolute privilege to be seen among them.
Before I ran with PS I ran with you Confusion in MHA, however I doubt you remember a small fry such as myself.
[/quote]

I remember you. I'll never forget that night we blitzed OP - You and LW were there. You guys had to fight Bruce, who at the time, was a tank.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1300062260' post='2663636']
I remember you. I'll never forget that night we blitzed OP - You and LW were there. You guys had to fight Bruce, who at the time, was a tank.

Confusion.
[/quote]

You used to run with LW and crew? We are really lucky to have them, in fact the Nordic Ballers round is what really got the momentum going for this version of PS.