The Call of The Divine

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1299819888' post='2659593']
You should post some of the communications about spying.

Be interesting to see. Very interesting.
[/quote]
Yeah, 'cause we all know what would happen if you even [i]pretend [/i]to spy these days... :laugh:

<_<

Edited by KahlanRahl

I'm going to clear up all these spying accusations right now.

I backed out of the project because it turned out [b]not[/b] to be a spy operation.

I was invited into the alliance only a few hours prior to the DoE. Kev and Stagger Lee were selling it hard to me, so I asked some friends not involved in the project. Several had been invited earlier on, and had been told that it was a spying ring of some kind. Kev used the terms "resistance group" to describe the venture, and I took this to mean "spy ring." I was sold, and accepted the invitation a mere minute or two before the DoE was posted.

However, when I registered on the forums and was masked as high government, I realized that there was no spying involved. The "resistance" that Kev had mentioned was the publicly-stated purpose of being a "Third Way" in global politics. I was crushed. I had signed on because I thought it was going to be something fun and radically different. Instead, Anathema is really just a normal alliance. Most of my time here has been spent building up small alliances, and I just don't find it fun anymore. Thus, I made the decision to stay at Nueva Vida.

So no, there's no spy ring here, folks. Rather, there is a well-organized alliance with some great leaders with a clear vision of where they want to take things. Anathema has a lot of great things going for it, and I hope they can make it last.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1299834682' post='2659801']

I backed out of the project because it turned out [b]not[/b] to be a spy operation.

I was invited into the alliance only a few hours prior to the DoE. Kev and Stagger Lee were selling it hard to me, so I asked some friends not involved in the project. Several had been invited earlier on, and had been told that it was a spying ring of some kind. Kev used the terms "resistance group" to describe the venture, and I took this to mean "spy ring." I was sold, and accepted the invitation a mere minute or two before the DoE was posted.

However, when I registered on the forums and was masked as high government, I realized that there was no spying involved. The "resistance" that Kev had mentioned was the publicly-stated purpose of being a "Third Way" in global politics. I was crushed. I had signed on because I thought it was going to be something fun and radically different. Instead, Anathema is really just a normal alliance. Most of my time here has been spent building up small alliances, and I just don't find it fun anymore. Thus, I made the decision to stay at Nueva Vida.

So no, there's no spy ring here, folks. Rather, there is a well-organized alliance with some great leaders with a clear vision of where they want to take things. Anathema has a lot of great things going for it, and I hope they can make it last.
[/quote]
:blink:

I don't know if I should laugh... cry... or just close this thread right here. The quoted post is quite the case. Are you admitting to joining for the purpose of wishing to spy on others? Or are you trying to be cleverly funny?

As for the OP... I really did know about this weeks ago, so good luck Anathema. League of Small Superpowers is a great ally. :smug:

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1299818975' post='2659570']
Who cares how many members we have. I would rather have a core group of members compared to a mass amount. Where they are active is between Zeon and the members, not you. As for my name? Really? That is the best thing you can come up with for an insult? So please continue to cry in your own little corner.[/quote]
Nice deflection there. Haha, you're the one who started with the stats argument, I'm just taking it a step further. No crying here, just laughter. ;)

[quote]Who I befriend and who I don't befriend is none of your business. As for your arguments, I have yet to see anything argumentative from you. All I see is a bunch of nonsense and attempts to look like you are educated when you are clearly laking in any manner of intelligent opinions or facts on matters that are far beyond your comprehension. I stand on the higher ground here, so please continue to be a bottom feeder on your arguments.[/quote]
Dude, if I'm doing bad, you're doing a whole lot worse. There is nothing remotely resembling an actual political argument in there. And actually, I make it my business to see who people are friends with these days...try and stop me.

Again, nice deflection.

[quote]As for your last bit, I have read this thread quite well, and I was involved with the alliance longer than you were before I left the project. I am well aware of what this alliance was created to do, I know what the objective of this alliance is, and I know what the plans we had set in motion prior to you getting involved.[/quote]
Fun fact for you: you ain't here no more!

We've changed a few things around since you left. ^_^

[quote]So please, if you so wish we can continue to dance this dance and we will see how long you can last. For I am the blast from the past that will control this bash.[/quote]
God, that is awful.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1299834682' post='2659801']

[/quote]
This is why I love Nueva Vida...level-headed members, they know what they are talking about, and they make good arguments.

Thank you for clearing that up Vasuda.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1299798429' post='2659135']
I truly hope you aren't trying to say that Anathema never discussed spies. I am in no position to claim they have them now, but it was certainly the game plan when I was invited.
[/quote]
Whatever discussion there was of spies, I was not present for it.

Hi BloodFury,

It's nice to see you roaming around our topics with your hypocrisies and such. I really don't see what you're so hurt about. You quit the project and it was no hard feelings from us. I can only assume that since you're here and feel the impulsive need to bash the project you were once a part of, that has no real problem with you, that you are one of two things:

A) Jealous

or

B) A crappy person that enjoys bashing people for the fun of it

I'm going to assume its not B) to save you some face and A) is the only other logical conclusion, I think I need go no farther.

As for the spying, I believe I can clear this up. My understanding, upon entering this alliance, was that we would "do whatever it takes" to achieve our goals. We had the same sort of ideals, but a more radical take on achieving them. You know, infiltrate alliances, start coups, change the world... it was really rather naive and silly. We decided before our creation that it was just that and decided to go about it in the more traditional since of starting an alliance and recruiting and such to form a new power alliance, as all alliances want to do. Some people saw this as giving up and left the project, i.e. why we have less nation strength than we planned. So, Bloodfury, to answer your accusations. Yes, our original spies are in other alliances, but they aren't reporting to us because we do not condone spying.

-Rebirth

Edited by Rebirth of Gorniar

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1299838963' post='2659826']
:blink:

I don't know if I should laugh... cry... or just close this thread right here. The quoted post is quite the case. Are you admitting to joining for the purpose of wishing to spy on others? Or are you trying to be cleverly funny?

As for the OP... I really did know about this weeks ago, so good luck Anathema. League of Small Superpowers is a great ally. :smug:
[/quote]
Yes, I wanted to join for the sole purpose of coordinating spy operations. What a shocker! God forbid if I may have wanted a change of pace! Considering the fact that nothing illegal actually happened, I don't think anyone in the world cares; except for a handful of people like yourself who take things entirely too seriously. I apologize for my thoughtcrime.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1299839617' post='2659830']
Nice deflection there. Haha, you're the one who started with the stats argument, I'm just taking it a step further. No crying here, just laughter. ;)

Dude, if I'm doing bad, you're doing a whole lot worse. There is nothing remotely resembling an actual political argument in there. And actually, I make it my business to see who people are friends with these days...try and stop me.

Again, nice deflection.

Fun fact for you: you ain't here no more!

We've changed a few things around since you left. ^_^

God, that is awful.
[/quote]

But was it not you who said, "We are better and Larger than You"?

As for your complete and utter failure to construct an argument or make any real point it is easy to see that you are keep falling further and further from anything than an utter mess. Please do wipe yourself up off the floor, you are quite an embarrassment.

[quote name='Rebirth of Gorniar' timestamp='1299856033' post='2659927']
Hi BloodFury,

It's nice to see you roaming around our topics with your hypocrisies and such. I really don't see what you're so hurt about. You quit the project and it was no hard feelings from us. I can only assume that since you're here and feel the impulsive need to bash the project you were once a part of, that has no real problem with you, that you are one of two things:

A) Jealous

or

B) A crappy person that enjoys bashing people for the fun of it

I'm going to assume its not B) to save you some face and A) is the only other logical conclusion, I think I need go no farther.

As for the spying, I believe I can clear this up. My understanding, upon entering this alliance, was that we would "do whatever it takes" to achieve our goals. We had the same sort of ideals, but a more radical take on achieving them. You know, infiltrate alliances, start coups, change the world... it was really rather naive and silly. We decided before our creation that it was just that and decided to go about it in the more traditional since of starting an alliance and recruiting and such to form a new power alliance, as all alliances want to do. Some people saw this as giving up and left the project, i.e. why we have less nation strength than we planned. So, Bloodfury, to answer your accusations. Yes, our original spies are in other alliances, but they aren't reporting to us because we do not condone spying.

-Rebirth
[/quote]

While I can respect some of the things you have said, there is a reason for my roaming through your threads, you have a select few members that I find highly undesirable and thus I find myself in the position to point out their stupidity. As when facts are presented to them, they begin to move to the stand point of a "NoU" argument, which Hadrian has clearly demonstrated to you before.

But let me ask you this, any alliance that does plan on spying, often more than not will attempt to hide the fact behind some falsehoods of thought like yours where one will say we had talks about it, but we decided against it. So at that point it is more an attempt to save face to the fact that you will be proven that there were talks, plans, and moves made for spying to be conducted. Thus it is hard to imagine that all the time and effort and placing of people in other alliances was for nothing. While you may claim that you are no longer conducting spying, what is to stop you from a few months from now from activating those that you have already placed in other alliances?

Thus at this point, who should trust you?

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1299890076' post='2660664']
But was it not you who said, "We are better and Larger than You"?

As for your complete and utter failure to construct an argument or make any real point it is easy to see that you are keep falling further and further from anything than an utter mess. Please do wipe yourself up off the floor, you are quite an embarrassment.

While I can respect some of the things you have said, there is a reason for my roaming through your threads, you have a select few members that I find highly undesirable and thus I find myself in the position to point out their stupidity. As when facts are presented to them, they begin to move to the stand point of a "NoU" argument, which Hadrian has clearly demonstrated to you before.

But let me ask you this, any alliance that does plan on spying, often more than not will attempt to hide the fact behind some falsehoods of thought like yours where one will say we had talks about it, but we decided against it. So at that point it is more an attempt to save face to the fact that you will be proven that there were talks, plans, and moves made for spying to be conducted. Thus it is hard to imagine that all the time and effort and placing of people in other alliances was for nothing. While you may claim that you are no longer conducting spying, what is to stop you from a few months from now from activating those that you have already placed in other alliances?

Thus at this point, who should trust you?
[/quote]
Do you have any actual proof of said spying, or am I to take your word for it?

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Due to recent events of Anathema I have elected to leave them.

I wish kev in company and who ever stays inside Anathema the best of luck. I want to give the deepest apology to GOONs for everything this alliance has done to you. I was unaware of what was going on and would of left sooner if I did.

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900102' post='2660863']

I wish kev in company and who ever stays inside Anathema the best of luck. I want to give the deepest apology to GOONs for everything this alliance has done to you. I was unaware of what was going on and would of left sooner if I did.
[/quote]
Congratulations, you almost made it a whole week in an alliance.

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900102' post='2660863']

[/quote]
So, who had this in the pool? come forward and claim your cash

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1299900343' post='2660872']
Congratulations, you almost made it a whole week in an alliance.
[/quote]

Pansy really? You blame for leaving this alliance? I don't have a legit cause? I am not staying in an alliance that poaches and spies. Sorry for having standards

Edit: Same to you Wicked. This isn't a legit reason to leave?

Edited by Anxiety

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900549' post='2660880']
Pansy really? You blame for leaving this alliance? I don't have a legit cause? I am not staying in an alliance that poaches and spies. Sorry for having standards

[/quote]
You were a founding member? You didnt know this !@#$ beforehand?

[quote name='rtellez06' timestamp='1299900380' post='2660873']
Back off, he left for a good reason, as did I. Good luck to whoever stays behinds.
[/quote]
Good reason or not, its still another notch in his bedpost.

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900549' post='2660880']

[/quote]
If things are as you say, you could work with the others you are in gov with, and remove said issue.

Personally I think you should have tried to make a go of Status Quo, rather than run off to the next alliance.
Annnnnnnyway..... find something you can stick to dude, seriously.

Kev mentioned it beforehand but I thought he was just kidding around. I really didn't think he was this dumb to be serious about spying. If I knew for a fact that he was serious about doing retarded acts like this I would of never joined. I have enough alliances/players that hate me as it is no need to really add on to the list.

I had Anathema in my plays during SQ Panys and I couldn't shake the stigma of OO and ezeq didn't really help me at all that was just a hell hole. Could we of worked through this? Yeah most likely but I wont support any spying alliance. I truly planned to stick it out with Anathema just things unfortunately happen that weren't in my control. The next alliance I join will be my last home I can ensure you of that. I am tired of leaving alliances over dumb things over and over again. Alliance hopper by heart but on some real talk I am getting to old for all this hopping.

Edited by Anxiety

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1299900791' post='2660891']
I wasnt aware of any spying.
[/quote]

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900868' post='2660895']
Kev mentioned it beforehand but I thought he was just kidding around. I really didn't think he was this dumb to be serious about spying. If I knew for a fact that he was serious about doing retarded acts like this I would of never joined. I have enough alliances/players that hate me as it is no need to really add on to the list.
[/quote]

Hmmm, someone didnt tell everyone all the details. Tell me, why did you join if hes like "HEy! so we're gunna spy on people" this *IS* Kev we're talking about. Look how horrible his last AA failed

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299900868' post='2660895']

I had Anathema in my plays during SQ Panys and I couldn't shake the stigma of OO and ezeq didn't really help me at all that was just a hell hole. Could we of worked through this? Yeah most likely but I wont support any spying alliance. I truly planned to stick it out with Anathema just things unfortunately happen that weren't in my control. The next alliance I join will be my last home I can ensure you of that. I am tired of leaving alliances over dumb things over and over again. Alliance hopper by heart but on some real talk I am getting to old for all this hopping.
[/quote]
Rather than change this to all about you, I will just wish you luck, and hope you can find some place where you can have a chance to make a difference to that alliance, tip for future, if someone says they want to create a spy ring, step away from them if you don't support it, even if you think they are joking.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299901289' post='2660905']
Hmmm, someone didnt tell everyone all the details. Tell me, why did you join if hes like "HEy! so we're gunna spy on people" this *IS* Kev we're talking about. Look how horrible his last AA failed
[/quote]
I didn't get told about spies in other alliances, I was told of an attempt at a 3rd option besides Super Grievances or the Orders, and thought it had an interesting theme, and since I just recently came back I wanted to join a new alliance.