The Call of The Divine

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1299586595' post='2656617']
I don't think I have anything to say here...
[/quote]

Then don't be like the 90% of these people who feel the compulsive need to post on every single topic whether or not they have anything intelligible to say. :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1299556025' post='2656161']
Crappy? Maybe not.

Rebirth alliance which started strong before embarking on a path of internal upheavel, ineffectual leadership, and slow death? Yes.
[/quote]

I have yet to see our slow death. Last time I checked we were still alive.

[quote name='rtellez06' timestamp='1299569096' post='2656495']
Hey Jacapo, stop it!

I joined Anathema, and I don't know or care about anyways history. I've grown to these ladies, and I like them. Also this alliance shall not fail, and Jens still sucks. (Hi Jen!)
[/quote]
I really don't know who you are.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299607443' post='2656827']
I have yet to see our slow death. Last time I checked we were still alive.
[/quote]

That's the thing with slow deaths, they aren't sudden (it's in the name).

Edited by Jens of the desert

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299644181' post='2657461']
As i understand it youve already lost 1 government member due to the overwhelming levels of fail you have.

Maybe my bet should be adjusted to hours instead of weeks
[/quote]

James Maximus, did you really expect differently? The only real option was that he would get kicked out or leave.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1299644828' post='2657476']
James Maximus, did you really expect differently? The only real option was that he would get kicked out or leave.
[/quote]
Wait, if James Maximus is gone then that's two.

Seriously?

Honestly, we didn't lose much as far as people who contributed to the alliance. I wish James the best, but his activity petered off towards the end. Not that big of a casualty when it comes to stability.

We will keep pressing on. Only the strong will remain.

The real question here is who is going to leave next?(48 Hours and doe isn't the first government member to leave :awesome:

Good luck James. I didn't really like you and you really didn't like me so I can't say that I am extremely sad to see this.

[quote name='Anxiety' timestamp='1299677794' post='2657721']
The real question here is who is going to leave next?(48 Hours and doe isn't the first government member to leave :awesome:

Good luck James. I didn't really like you and you really didn't like me so I can't say that I am extremely sad to see this.
[/quote]

After your failed attempt to merge Status Quo into Gotham, I don't think you stand in any position to talk.

[QUOTE name="Incitatus"]Anathema was originally a term that referred to an offering to the Gods, such as a sacrifice or tithe.[/QUOTE]

I saw the name and suddenly remembered long horrid walks around the park studying for the GRE - I memorized just about every $10 word starting with the letter A back then, including "anathema". Thus, your definition kind of puzzled me when I saw it, for I remembered it being "bad" kinda like a curse or omen or something... not an offering to the gods. So I decided I'd look it up,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anathema

"Someone or something intensely disliked or loathed"

"A ban or curse solemnly pronounced by ecclesiastical authority and accompanied by excommunication."

It derives it's meaning from Greek which meant, "A thing devoted to evil, or curse"

I mean, it's an awesome name, and the above definitions look like they fit you rather well... But I get the feeling that it doesn't mean what you THINK it means.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299657718' post='2657640']
Honestly, we didn't lose much as far as people who contributed to the alliance. I wish James the best, but his activity petered off towards the end. Not that big of a casualty when it comes to stability.

We will keep pressing on. Only the strong will remain.
[/quote]
Towards the end? You have existed for less than a week..you make it sound like he was here for a year

[quote name='Zarfef' timestamp='1299729013' post='2658238']
I saw the name and suddenly remembered long horrid walks around the park studying for the GRE - I memorized just about every $10 word starting with the letter A back then, including "anathema". Thus, your definition kind of puzzled me when I saw it, for I remembered it being "bad" kinda like a curse or omen or something... not an offering to the gods. So I decided I'd look it up,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anathema

"Someone or something intensely disliked or loathed"

"A ban or curse solemnly pronounced by ecclesiastical authority and accompanied by excommunication."

It derives it's meaning from Greek which meant, "A thing devoted to evil, or curse"

I mean, it's an awesome name, and the above definitions look like they fit you rather well... But I get the feeling that it doesn't mean what you THINK it means.
[/quote]

The original meaning of Anathema was "something that is lifted up to the Gods."

Its meaning has since changed. I think it's a good duality myself.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1299521396' post='2655556']
Not to be a dick, but do you think it's a smart move sending messages to GOONS members who were former Nemesis trying to poach them Daggarz?

To: Hiro Nakara From: cleaveland steamer Date: 3/7/2011 12:02:11 PM

Subject: dude

Message: To: cleaveland steamer From: daggarz Date: 3/6/2011 11:34:01 PM

Subject: Dear former Nemesis Members

How about that ride in? Guess thats why they call it Sin City hurr hurr.

In the beginning we were Nemesis, we became a wolfpack and we were united.

Now the time has come for you to look back on those days and miss them and treasure them for they will not be again.

Some ex Nemesis members have been instrumental in the formation of a new and exciting alliance, with a goal to create a 3rd power structure not opposing DH or NPO spheres.

[b]Tonight we will declare Existence and I would like all of you to come sign up.[/b]
[b]Joining is ideal[/b] but just being there with me so we can chat and keep up is enough.

Anathema is our name and goal.

http://cn-anathema.com/forum/

Not a very smart thing to do though is it? This is not the first time you have tried this now is it. Remember they messages you sent him trying to recruit him into CoJ.
[/quote]

My memory of you is so different to who you are now.
Have you always been such a whingy little !@#$%*?

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1299742121' post='2658366']
My memory of you is so different to who you are now.
Have you always been such a whingy little !@#$%*?
[/quote]

Quit avoiding the substance of the post. He's wondering why you guys are performing the oft-shunned practice of recruiting from other AA's.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299742609' post='2658369']
Quit avoiding the substance of the post. He's wondering why you guys are performing the oft-shunned practice of recruiting from other AA's.
[/quote]

The wording of my message was well enough, i wanted to reconnect with old friends, whether they wanted to a part of my project or not. That was the intent and any attempt to twist it is just childish

[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1299743062' post='2658372']
The wording of my message was well enough, i wanted to reconnect with old friends, whether they wanted to a part of my project or not. That was the intent and any attempt to twist it is just childish
[/quote]

except Cleaveland is not your friend, That is clear by the messages he passes onto me when you pm stupid idiotic stuff. He laughs at you.

Not once but twice you have sent him !@#$ messages trying to recruit him, good dodge on the question though.

Edited by Hiro Nakara