Imperial Announcement

Elrich von Richt

[center][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/i1jx95.jpg[/img]
[font="century gothic"][size=6]Imperial Announcement from the Empress of Japan[/size]
Regarding the Reformation of the State of Japan[/font][/center]

[i][font="century gothic"]13th of January, 2011
Imperial Announcement #1
Empress Minori Chihara[/font][/i]

It is with an uplifted emotional spirit, and a bright hope for the future of our people, that I officially announce the reformation of the state of Japan, as the Greater Japanese Empire once more, encompassing all territories of the Suzumiya and Ushiromiya regimes (excluding the Ryukyu Islands). All previous treaties and agreements signed between the government of the old Japanese state and other nations, are hereby deemed valid to be renewed following talks with the proper representatives of the new regime. In accordance with recent negotiations between the Greater Japanese Empire and the UFE, the following agreement is signed:

[quote][b]The Tokyo Accords[/b]

Article I: Treaties

The Greater Japanese Empire hereby understands that it will not sign any military treaties with nations outside of Eastern Asia, excluding the nation of Rebel Army, should the government of Japan chose to engage in a treaty with them.

Article II: The Ryukyus

The Greater Japanese Empire hereby recognizes the Nanjing Diktat, and the sovereignty of the Ryukyu Island chain.

Signed for Japan,

Empress Minori Chihara
The Provisional Diet of Japan

Signed for the UFE,

[/quote]

With the above said, and printed on paper...

[font="Century Gothic"][b]Banzai Nippon![/b][/font]

Edited by Elrich von Richt

[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2vx0tfo.png[/img]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Imperial_Palace_Tokyo_Panorama.jpg/800px-Imperial_Palace_Tokyo_Panorama.jpg[/img]
[i][font="century gothic"]The Imperial Palace, Residence of the Empress of the Greater Japanese Empire[/font][/i][/center]

[quote]To foreign dignitaries and rulers from all states,

The Greater Japanese Empire is proud to announce it will be opening up the doors of the Imperial Palace, a rarity for even the Japanese public (which only gets to go inside the historic complex twice a year, at most.), to foreign dignitaries and heads of state from all nations across Planet Bob. The visitation of the Imperial Palace will include a walk through the magnificent 'East Garden', an open house to showcase the new regime of the Japanese state, a speech by the new Empress of Japan, and a open forum with members of the provisional government, where you may ask whatever questions (provided they be reasonable) to them. All foreign dignitaries and heads of state are required to bring their passports and some other form of documentation with them, ready to show after exiting the aircraft at Narita International Airport, after which you will be instructed by Japanese civilian police to a meeting area protected by members of the Provisional Honor Guard. You will have your choice of transportation by limousine or carriage, dependent upon your preferences. Without further ado, I hereby announce this edict as [b]finalized[/b] and open the doors of the Imperial Palace to dignitaries abroad!

By the Grace of the Kami,
Empress Minori Chihara[/quote]

"Zargathia is pleased to hear of our neighbor and close ally once again reattaining its independence. We too shall attend, to discuss the details of returning juristic, diplomatic and militaristic control of Japanese regions over to the Greater Japanese Empire again. It goes without saying that all treaties can be considered renewed."

Terminal #17 at Narita International Airport had been specially reserved as a meeting point for the forthcoming dignitaries. A portion of the runway, usually inhabited by coming and going civilian airliners, had been closed off to private and public means of transportation carrying those who had planned to visit the Imperial Palace, and partake in the festivities the new regime had planned for them. A par around the area was guarded by members of the Provisional Honor Guard, with Entry Control Points set up at specific points of the area. If anyone wanted to try and ruin the festivities, they wouldn't have it so easy.

The Empress would not personally be waiting for those who would arrive but she planned to send a personal representative, and his accompanying party, in her stead. The man whom she had chosen to send was Norio Wakamoto, an aged business-man who, according to rumors, would be serving as a financial advisor and possibly the Minister of Finance for the new cabinet, planned to be announced at a public exhibition at the end of the Imperial Palace visitation, which would would be attended openly by the Japanese public. The decorations at the Imperial Palace would already be set up, with the season right for the occasion. Cherry blossoms across the nation blossomed in full view, showering the wonderment that they beheld to all. As Wakamoto and his personal party waited at the exit of Terminal #17, guarded by several Provisional Honor Guards, they chit-chatted and idled their time until the moment came to return to their professional demeanor and greet the foreigners.