Open Source Alliance declares war

Andy P

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296712527' post='2617278']
By the way, ASU didn't exactly 'bandwagon in', they rolled with us through the Terra Cotta Pact. Also, good luck on that lower-tier.
[/quote]
You have no treaty with NPO. If you had an MDAP with someone who had at least an MDP with NPO, I'd not have called it bandwagoning. As it stands, you didn't even have an oA clause, much less a non-optional one. That and GOONS already had 9 AAs against it at the time you declared.

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1296713332' post='2617312']
Oh hello, I'd just like to clear something up. ASU declared with NSO. As part of Terra Cotta, when our brothers went into battle we joined them. No, there is no Optional Aggression clause in the Terra Cotta treaty, but we went in with our allies, and our friends. Your logic here fails, and to keep this from being brought up in the future, I'll be sure to push for a oA clause added to the treaty. Seriously, declare on us because we attacked your ally, not because we "attacked without a treaty."

I'll be sure to pay a special visit to some OSA nations as soon as I get out of this god forsaken peace mode.
[/quote]

By the way, the oA was added to the revised Terra Cotta Pact, once we moved to white, as shown in our revised announcement: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97483

So, this was NOT band-wagoning, unless you consider activating an oA clause on a DIRECT ATTACK on our MDP partner (thus making the non-treaty clause invalid). Most reasonable and sane people do not, so there really is no justification for calling ASU's DoW on ASU an act of 'Bandwagoning', when following its closest treaty partners in a direct activation of our MDP treaty.

edit:

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1296714592' post='2617354']
You have no treaty with NPO. If you had an MDAP with someone who had at least an MDP with NPO, I'd not have called it bandwagoning. As it stands, you didn't even have an oA clause, much less a non-optional one. That and GOONS already had 9 AAs against it at the time you declared.
[/quote]

I'm in NSO bro, and yes, our direct treaty partners in NPO were hit and we are bound by the treaty to respond. And yes, as pointed out in my post above, the oA clause was put in there more than 2 weeks ago (not to mention the spirit of the treaty has always been an MDoAP), so no.

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='rodrod' timestamp='1296713332' post='2617312']
Oh hello, I'd just like to clear something up. ASU declared with NSO. As part of Terra Cotta, when our brothers went into battle we joined them. No, there is no Optional Aggression clause in the Terra Cotta treaty, but we went in with our allies, and our friends. Your logic here fails, and to keep this from being brought up in the future, I'll be sure to push for a oA clause added to the treaty. Seriously, declare on us because we attacked your ally, not because we "attacked without a treaty."

I'll be sure to pay a special visit to some OSA nations as soon as I get out of this god forsaken peace mode.
[/quote]
Declaring without even an oA when there are already 10 alliances fighting is the very definition of bandwagoning.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1296714849' post='2617363']
Declaring without even an oA when there are already 10 alliances fighting is the very definition of bandwagoning.
[/quote]

you're wrong:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97483

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1296714592' post='2617354']
[/quote]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86173"]I think you're mistaken.[/url]

[quote name='The Bringer' timestamp='1296714495' post='2617353']
..wait 2 wars, is this some sort of joke?

Really!?

Regardless My Support for ASU remains firm and I wish them luck combating such a... Actually I have nothing to say, Just what is this?

o/ ASU
[/quote]

It's called peace mode... Durrrrrrr

Well, on the one hand, no one likes bandwagoners. On the other hand, GOONS & Co. [i]are[/i] bandwagoners for hitting NPO in the first place. So I guess some people do like bandwagoners!

EDIT: Realized my post made it seem like I was calling OSA bandwagoners. I was replying to OP's comment about not like bandwagoning. Sorry, OSA. :( You guys are cool with a capital K in my book for defending GOONS when you did not have an obligation and it is, furthermore, not a very popular stance to have. That takes courage and guts and good for you.

Edited by AtheistRepublican

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1296715079' post='2617370']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86173"]I think you're mistaken.[/url]
[/quote]
So NSO has an MDP with NPO, still doesn't force ASU to jump in.

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1296715488' post='2617382']
[/quote]

Terra Cotta which ASU is a member of is a MD[b]oA[/b]P

Notice the bold part. [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1296715488' post='2617382']
[/quote]
The irony of this post is astonishing. Nothing "forced" Doomhouse to declare war on NPO, and [i]certainly [/i]nothing "forced" OSA to support them.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296715430' post='2617380']
Well, on the one hand, no one likes bandwagoners. On the other hand, GOONS & Co. [i]are[/i] bandwagoners for hitting NPO in the first place. So I guess some people do like bandwagoners!
[/quote]
That's not really a bandwagon.

Well unless you think the entire NpO front was going to help NPO, which is possible I suppose.

[quote name='HisK Owns You' timestamp='1296715197' post='2617373']
It's called peace mode... Durrrrrrr
[/quote]

Oh I am very sorry I did not see there were Nations in peace

I see one there, and one there and another there,

But I do not see the point of the DoW, If OSA plan on making a DoW public why bother if there are only 2 wars after a DoW,

Even Micro DoWs have been to greater effect and this just seems worthless they were better just 'Tech Raiding' them and that
would have gained more attention and respect then this shamble of a... There is really no word for what this is.

Look, welcome to the fight and all, but it's simply mistaken to suggest ASU as 'band-wagoners', if that were the case then prolly half of all alliances in this war entered under an optional clause (and some like Sparta, and... looky who, :(( GOONS :(( attacked alliances with NO treaty at all connected to the original war). Basically ASU followed its treaty obligations and road to war with us, plain and simple.

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1296715572' post='2617386']
Terra Cotta which ASU is a member of is a MD[b]oA[/b]P

Notice the bold part. [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]
[/quote]
Notice the o part of the bold part.

Bandwagoning. :ehm:

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1296716061' post='2617399']
Look, welcome to the fight and all, but it's simply mistaken to suggest ASU as 'band-wagoners', if that were the case then prolly half of all alliances in this war entered under an optional clause (and some like Sparta, and... looky who, :(( GOONS :(( ). Basically ASU followed its treaty obligations and road to war with us, plain and simple.
[/quote]

'tis okay. Look at the strength ranges of OSA vs ASU.

Basically they're trying to honor their treaties in the most meaningless way possible, whereas we went to where we could honor ours most effectively.

Well if any nation from ASU wants to attack me they can. I am at Defcon 5, waiting for anyone from their alliance to attack and will be until war time comes. ASU you guys are probably a great alliance, but sorry we can't break our treaties even if it means we get blown up or if it means supporting a side we do not agree with one bit.