Open Source Alliance declares war

Andy P

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nolissar' timestamp='1296729838' post='2617592']
OSA did not support Doomhouse's origional action against NPO.
[/quote]

This is obviously not true, and you really cant possibly be surprised you get criticised when you take such an obviously self-contradictory position. If joining their war doesnt constitute support for it, then nothing could.

Hey, I dont care. FAN has every reason and right to want NPO dead, and if they decided to let GOONs in on the action then so be it.

But you cant have it both ways. Your announcement, and many subsequent posts, are nothing but doubletalk. You dont support this war... yet you are supporting this war. In the most concrete way possible - by joining it. Either one statement is false, or the other one is, but it is logically impossible for both to be true simultaneously.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1296745917' post='2617766']
This is obviously not true, and you really cant possibly be surprised you get criticised when you take such an obviously self-contradictory position. If joining their war doesnt constitute support for it, then nothing could.

Hey, I dont care. FAN has every reason and right to want NPO dead, and if they decided to let GOONs in on the action then so be it.

But you cant have it both ways. Your announcement, and many subsequent posts, are nothing but doubletalk. You dont support this war... yet you are supporting this war. In the most concrete way possible - by joining it. Either one statement is false, or the other one is, but it is logically impossible for both to be true simultaneously.
[/quote]
Someone must have a faulty compiler and their assert statements aren't evaluating correctly.

Okay, I admit, that was a terrible joke and I'm sorry, but I had to make it. :v:

[/quote]

if you really think the choices are either support your friends entirely or abandon your friends completely, I pity your friends.

[quote name='MD Hammer' timestamp='1296747825' post='2617788']
Yes NPO has 10
[/quote]

Well this crony was looking forward to meeting OSA on the battle field to bad a failed spy attempt prior to a DOW happened,maybe next time I guess. Seeing the major fight you are putting up (2 wars) I am sure GOOONs is happy to have you onboard.

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1296748614' post='2617794']
Well this crony was looking forward to meeting OSA on the battle field to bad a failed spy attempt prior to a DOW happened,maybe next time I guess. Seeing the major fight you are putting up (2 wars) I am sure GOOONs is happy to have you onboard.
[/quote]

Im simply pointing out calling us cronys yet you guys go in 11 AA's on one. And you call us cowards...

[quote name='MD Hammer' timestamp='1296748934' post='2617795']
Im simply pointing out calling us cronys yet you guys go in 11 AA's on one. And you call us cowards...
[/quote]

sorry it was not how it was planned out by your friends. Tell them to send us a memo (or fake spy) that seems to be the thing these days and we will try to do it right next time.

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1296749444' post='2617801']
sorry it was not how it was planned out by your friends. Tell them to send us a memo (or fake spy) that seems to be the thing these days and we will try to do it right next time.
[/quote]

I don't really think GOONS care you are all piling in on them it just proves a point.

[quote name='MD Hammer' timestamp='1296749597' post='2617803']
I don't really think GOONS care you are all piling in on them it just proves a point.
[/quote]

They must care if they are calling for help, there's no shame in asking for help when you are outnumbered but if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother.

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296749764' post='2617805']
They must care if they are calling for help, there's no shame in asking for help when you are outnumbered but if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother.
[/quote]

GOONS never came looking we offered :smug:

When are the upper tier dudes coming out to play?

Also I dont understand what are you all !@#$%*ing about, its you who should be ashamed trying to get half of Bob to attack GOONS because of what? Preemptive move? Then allies with no treaties or just MDP are attacking too with super chaining? Everybody wanted this war. DOOMHOUSE, just got an early start...

THIS:

[img]http://blog.bioethics.net/Bandwagon%20Final.jpg[/img]

is a bandwagon. Whatever it is you other fools are babbling about isn't.

OSA: Well done honoring your treaty. I'm sure coming in you knew how much whining and complaining you would hear from the other side. It's just in their nature to cry about anything that doesn't go exactly their way. Best of luck to you in your fight.

o/ OSA

[/quote]

It very much is true. I remember being on IRC on the day of the declaration how pissed Andy was with it.

Your doubletalk is equally amusing. You all cried bloody murder when it looked like RoK were not going to honour their treaty obligation to NpO. OSA come along and honour their treaty obligation despite their feelings about the Doomhouse DoW and all of a sudden you have an issue with it.

You're grasping at straws here.

The amount of whining in this thread is hilarious. This was not an easy decision for OSA to make but they do believe in honoring their treaties which is exactly what they are doing. Listen, you may not agree with what you think the strategy is but before throwing around the peace mode argument, look at how many of your own alliances are in peace mode. Those in glass houses.........

If you don't like it? Do something about. Put up or shut up. It is one thing to argue politics but it is another thing to be all BAWWWWWWW YOU ARE RUINING OUR CURBSTOMP OF GOONS WAAAAAAAAA. And to the pacifican on page 1....how exactly does OSA entering this conflict get someone to counter MK? Could you lay that out for me?

I state it again, good luck OSA.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296731603' post='2617602']
Somehow I don't think this move is going to be the war that leads to Checkmate coming in on GOONS' side.
[/quote]
I don't think anyone expected it would be. OSA wanted to help, so we said sure. We're glad to have them on the battlefield with us.

OSA, thank you for being a friend, and for making a decision you knew would be unpopular with the peanut gallery. We entirely respect your stance over the war with NPO, and we know this was a difficult decision. It speaks to your strength of character that you reached a strong but nuanced stance like this.

[quote name='sperry2442' timestamp='1296722452' post='2617556']
Have fun annihilating ASU, when your done fighting that worthless excuse for an alliance maybe we can stop by and finish them of, AirMe would love to have another head for his mantel.

I would wish you luck osa but you dont need it, have fun kicking there butt. :D
[/quote]

ok there some what important :smug:

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1296746582' post='2617778']
if you really think the choices are either support your friends entirely or abandon your friends completely, I pity your friends.
[/quote]

This speaks volumes, although I cannot imagine anyone *having* friends for very long, with this sort of attitude. Or, are all of you spewing this sort of rhetoric recently separated/divorced, and still bitter? Go ahead, take it out on us, it's ok, really. Get it out of your collective systems, you'll feel better for it! We are certainly strong enough to take it.