Terra-Cotta DoW

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295658670' post='2590005']
Us staying doesn't make more magically appear. When the well runs dry, tap a new hole.
[/quote]

You leaving makes it a lot worse, however. Again, you guys preached brown unity not long ago, I believe.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295657772' post='2589925']
Well, good luck in your journey on white, guys.

Your logic is kind of flawed though. "Brown doesn't have enough nations, so let's move off of brown". Yeah, makes a [i]lot of sense[/i]. Guess all that rubbish about brown unity was just another Sith lie.
[/quote]
They tried and tried for brown unity, when it was obvious you guys were never going to prioritize brown unity they still wouldn't leave for a long time. NSO was the biggest proponent of brown unity the entire time they were there, but you guys rejected it and switched sides in the BiPolar War on them and canceled your treaty later. Considering all their efforts were shot down and its largely GATO's fault brown unity didn't happen, although you guys weren't the only ones, I find it funny to see you accuse them of moving off because of a lack of nations on brown to trade with, when obviously that isn't why they moved, it was because the sphere rejected every attempt they made at unification and the white sphere has alliances who seem like they would be more receptive to the idea from my point of view at least.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1295657781' post='2589928']
GATO rules brown once more.

Is it just me or is everyone moving to the White Team lately?
[/quote]

thats neither a bad thing nor a good thing :awesome: , I agree with Iron this doesn't help in the end but they have everyright to better themselves and move on rather than struggle I guess.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295659004' post='2590029']
They tried and tried for brown unity, when it was obvious you guys were never going to prioritize brown unity they still wouldn't leave for a long time. NSO was the biggest proponent of brown unity the entire time they were there, but you guys rejected it and switched sides in the BiPolar War on them and canceled your treaty later. Considering all their efforts were shot down and its largely GATO's fault brown unity didn't happen, although you guys weren't the only ones, I find it funny to see you accuse them of moving off because of a lack of nations on brown to trade with, when obviously that isn't why they moved, it was because the sphere rejected every attempt they made at unification and the white sphere has alliances who seem like they would be more receptive to the idea from my point of view at least.
[/quote]

Seriously, do you even think about the arguments you present?

A) BiPolar war has nothing to do with anything here, so just no.
B) We were for brown unity, which is why we had a Brown Trade Partner (I think that's the AA) pact, which is still going too, without NSO.
C) Your "you cancelled your treaty with them" argument is also irrelevant in this situation.

Methrage, you've got no idea what you're talking about here. You just want an argument don't you?

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295659384' post='2590067']

B) We were for brown unity, which is why we had a Brown Trade Partner (I think that's the AA) pact, which is still going too, without NSO.
C) Your "you cancelled your treaty with them" argument is also irrelevant in this situation.

Methrage, you've got no idea what you're talking about here. You just want an argument don't you?
[/quote]

GATO was never fully committed to brown unity all the way back to June of 2009. I was privy to all of the conversations. It was a constant battle to get agreement on anything. Unfortunately, that's not a slight against GATO, it's just the issue with democracy and an unwillingness to take sides or come to an agreement. The cracks in the wall were already forming then, and it all collapsed when GATO gave up on us in August.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658948' post='2590023']
You leaving makes it a lot worse, however. Again, you guys preached brown unity not long ago, I believe.
[/quote]

And what came of it? Trades didn't get any better. Relations didn't get any better.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658948' post='2590023']
[/quote]
They can't exactly do it alone.

[quote name='BarbulaM1' timestamp='1295659585' post='2590085']
Good luck on white Terra-cotta! Though you may need a new name... terra-cotta just doesn't come in white :( Might I suggest Porcelain?

o/ Brown
o/ White
[/quote]
Too late, I got it first. :smug:

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295659652' post='2590090']
GATO was never fully committed to brown unity all the way back to June of 2009. I was privy to all of the conversations. It was a constant battle to get agreement on anything. Unfortunately, that's not a slight against GATO, it's just the issue with democracy and an unwillingness to take sides or come to an agreement. The cracks in the wall were already forming then, and it all collapsed when GATO gave up on us in August.
[/quote]

Far from it. Brown Unity was never #1. I'm sure it wasn't for you guys either, tbh. There are more important things in CN.

That does not mean, however, we viewed the decreasing trade options on brown as a non-issue. Quite the opposite. We were all for the brown unity. I'm not saying you weren't either. I'm saying that leaving brown, while most likely inevitable due to the falling out between GATO and NSO, is detrimental to the brown team rather than something that had to be done.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295659953' post='2590120']
They can't exactly do it alone.
[/quote]

May I ask why everyone seems to think that GATO was never for unity on the brown sphere? Obviously there are logs around that indicate we were the big evil dictators on brown. This is not the place for them, so I'm sure more private ways of communication would be better.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295659384' post='2590067']

[/quote]
I was a member of NSO when the BiPolar War happened and when the treaty was canceled on them, I remember back then I could see the situation clearly and recommended they move, but they stuck with it far longer. Also you're the one that just seems to want argument, complaining about them abandoning you guys on brown when you showed no interest in a brown unified in a meaningful way when i was member of NSO, brown trade partner was an attempt made after you canceled your treaty with them, but that was just a small step forward after having taken several steps back. The way you guys treated your tie to NSO in the BiPolar War I think did effect brown unity, and while GATO might of had some interest in brown unity, the majority of the alliances on there could care less.

i don't think you fully know what your talking about, but I'll admit the Brown Trade Partner AA did show some willingness to cooperate on trades, so I'll give you guys some credit for signing that, but if that is all the progress that was made since i left NSO after the BiPolar war ended, its not much and largely a gimmick. Good luck to you guys if you continue working towards brown unity, I don't dislike you guys, although its clear you don't realize how GATO's choices in that war effected brown relations.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295660088' post='2590128']
Far from it. Brown Unity was never #1. I'm sure it wasn't for you guys either, tbh. There are more important things in CN.

That does not mean, however, we viewed the decreasing trade options on brown as a non-issue. Quite the opposite. We were all for the brown unity. I'm not saying you weren't either. I'm saying that leaving brown, while most likely inevitable due to the falling out between GATO and NSO, is detrimental to the brown team rather than something that had to be done.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Who is on brown these days other than GATO? Secondly, why should we care about GATO?[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295660225' post='2590136']
I was a member of NSO when the BiPolar War happened and when the treaty was canceled on them, I remember back then I could see the situation clearly and recommended they move, but they stuck with it far longer. Also you're the one that just seems to want argument, complaining about them abandoning you guys on brown when you showed no interest in a brown unified in a meaningful way when i was member of NSO, brown trade partner was an attempt made after you canceled your treaty with them, but that was just a small step forward after having taken several steps back. The way you guys treated your tie to NSO in the BiPolar War I think did effect brown unity, and while GATO might of had some interest in brown unity, the majority of the alliances on there could care less.

[b]i don't think you fully know what your talking about[/b], but I'll admit the Brown Trade Partner AA did show some willingness to cooperate on trades, so I'll give you guys some credit for signing that, but if that is all the progress that was made since i left NSO after the BiPolar war ended, its not much and largely a gimmick. Good luck to you guys if you continue working towards brown unity, I don't dislike you guys, although its clear you don't realize how GATO's choices in that war effected brown relations.
[/quote]

Oh good. A nou argument. This is the OWF isn't it? ^_^

Meh, I don't have to explain myself to an ex-NSO member.

EDIT: RV, I expected more of an argument from someone of your intelligence.

You don't have to care about GATO, nor do I expect you to. But that attitude is exactly the reason that many events took place, and why it was inevitable you'd leave brown.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote]
EDIT: RV, I expected more of an argument from someone of your intelligence.

You don't have to care about GATO, nor do I expect you to. But that attitude is exactly the reason that many events took place, and why it was inevitable you'd leave brown. [/quote]
We have not always held that attitude.

[quote name='BlackDragon' timestamp='1295654965' post='2589783']
You are literally a failure. Oh well, brown will live without you.
[/quote]
To be literally be a failure we would have to not be an organization in the plural sense.

Failures, maybe.

Having been on brown for all of my 1500 days here, and having been politically active in Brown sphere politics for approximately 2/3rds of it, I can say that I'm happy to be gone.

The only good thing that came out of it has been our friendships with LEN, OTF a long time ago and more recently the NSO and ASU.

[quote="Ironfist"]You don't have to care about GATO, nor do I expect you to. But that attitude is exactly the reason that many events took place, and why it was inevitable you'd leave brown. [/quote]

Dumbest thing I've heard today, granted I haven't been reading the forums much.

It's easy to say somethings inevitable after the fact. Quit your whining just because you lost access to our trades.

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1295660829' post='2590190']
To be literally be a failure we would have to not be an organization in the plural sense.

Failures, maybe.

[b]Having been on brown for all of my 1500 days here, and having been politically active in Brown sphere politics for approximately 2/3rds of it, I can say that I'm happy to be gone. [/b]

The only good thing that came out of it has been our friendships with LEN, OTF a long time ago and more recently the NSO and ASU.
[/quote]

Says more about you really.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295660454' post='2590159']
Oh good. A nou argument. This is the OWF isn't it? ^_^

Meh, I don't have to explain myself to an ex-NSO member.
[/quote]
Considering your point A and C were inaccurate, as well as resort to such an argument as this, should make it obvious to anyone why NSO trying to work on a unified brown with you guys was hopeless. Although i doubt anyone in NSO cares about you guys anymore, although seems your just sad that now it will be up to you guys if you want to achieve brown unity, which means it happening at a rate any faster than it was going before NSO formed there, seems highly unlikely.

Your lack of understanding that abandoning them in that war and canceling your treaty with them, which they were willing to keep regardless due to their hopes for a unified brown sphere is why brown unity wasn't going to work out.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295660207' post='2590133']
May I ask why everyone seems to think that GATO was never for unity on the brown sphere? Obviously there are logs around that indicate we were the big evil dictators on brown. This is not the place for them, so I'm sure more private ways of communication would be better.
[/quote]
I don't have any logs, nor have I seen any. It just seems like y'all didn't like working together.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295661055' post='2590202']
Considering your point A and C were inaccurate, as well as resort to such an argument as this, should make it obvious to anyone why NSO trying to work on a unified brown with you guys was hopeless. Although i doubt anyone in NSO cares about you guys anymore, although seems your just sad that now it will be up to you guys if you want to achieve brown unity, which means it happening at a rate any faster than it was going before NSO formed there, seems highly unlikely.

Your lack of understanding that abandoning them in that war and canceling your treaty with them, which they were willing to keep regardless due to their hopes for a unified brown sphere is why brown unity wasn't going to work out.
[/quote]

Keep trying, mate. It almost sounds logical!

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295661102' post='2590207']
I don't have any logs, nor have I seen any. It just seems like y'all didn't like working together.
[/quote]

Well, if by "y'all" you mean both parties were putting in an equal amount of effort, then I'd tend to agree.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295660995' post='2590198']
Says more about you really.
[/quote]
Tell me what it says about me.

I mean, really I can't say you're wrong. It does say something about me.

But either drop the attempts at witty quips or explain them.