Terra-Cotta DoW

Just an aside, Porcelain is far too fragile to represent Terra-Cotta on white. Not to mention that even though we've left brown, porcelain still leaves us vulnerable to toilet jokes. Awful suggestion guys. We were thinking Ivory, or Marble. Not that it matters to any of you.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1295674197' post='2591027']
And what are you ruling over? A few sticks and a rock. Congratulations.
[/quote]

Ah, yes, but they are OUR sticks and rock. And I love them very much.

Fact is, GATO has survived well enough in the past as THE Brown alliance, and it's never been a problem before. I really don't care about "ruling" over anything. I'd love to have more alliances on Brown, mostly for trade purposes. However, this will do just fine.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1295662274' post='2590291']
GATO was interested in Brown Unity so much so in fact that we were not willing to sign anything that would leave anyone on brown out. Silence was pretty adamant about not getting involved with anything that had NSO's name on it. So what we tried to do is sign something with each brown alliance individually. At the time of Bi-Polar we were ready to give up on that position and join TC. However that war changed everything between us and TC as a whole considering how everything hashed out. Even after everything that happened including the cancellation of our treaty with NSO we were still willing to work together on things that could possibly improve the situation on brown. Namely the brown team trade partner AA. Things just didn't work out. It happens and I wish you guys the best of luck.
[/quote]
This is pretty much it.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1295673052' post='2590922']
yeah, I don't think we knew until the end that you guys all hated us for some reason or another :P I guess that posed an obstacle too.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say we hated you. But after my work on UPS and UPS 2.0 it was clear to me that Brown Unity was never going to happen no matter who tried. I hold no personal grudges against GATO because you guys did what you thought was best for your alliance I suppose. But don't blame others when they see the futility of trying to unify Brown and leave for greener (or whiter :P) pastures.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1295673052' post='2590922']
yeah, I don't think we knew until the end that you guys all hated us for some reason or another :P I guess that posed an obstacle too.
[/quote]
There were a few in Silence who didn't like you, true. But probably just as many of us who were neutral or positive. There are definitely some aspects of NSO that I've always admired and will try to draw from in leading DNA. For me it was more that when you look at all the different MDP's we had - I mean GATO alone can't pick a side in this war - it just seemed futile to try to line us all up together like we represented a coherent whole.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='illuminatus' timestamp='1295704313' post='2591813']
I wouldn't say we hated you. But after my work on UPS and UPS 2.0 it was clear to me that Brown Unity was never going to happen no matter who tried. I hold no personal grudges against GATO because you guys did what you thought was best for your alliance I suppose. But don't blame others when they see the futility of trying to unify Brown and leave for greener (or whiter :P) pastures.
[/quote]

Well it's a bit of a moot point right now, as GATO and a 7-man OTF Alliance are all that remains on Brown. So we only left until it was truly and completely wiped out. I suppose we did what we could to expand Brown, but it was always probably futile due to the drop in world population.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1295709720' post='2591917']
There were a few in Silence who didn't like you, true. But probably just as many of us who were neutral or positive. There are definitely some aspects of NSO that I've always admired and will try to draw from in leading DNA. For me it was more that when you look at all the different MDP's we had - I mean GATO alone can't pick a side in this war - it just seemed futile to try to line us all up together like we represented a coherent whole.
[/quote]

I blame CSN, yet again :ph34r:

[quote name='Xerxes II' timestamp='1295705341' post='2591825']
I actually like the new NSO flag. Quite nice guys. Well have fun on the new color :P
[/quote]

We kinda see it like the lost link between our big brothers .. Pacifica's flag is blue and [b]black[/b], Polaris's blue and [b]white[/b], and then ours now [b]black[/b] and [b]white[/b].

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1295709720' post='2591917']
There were a few in Silence who didn't like you, true. But probably just as many of us who were neutral or positive. There are definitely some aspects of NSO that I've always admired and will try to draw from in leading DNA. [i]For me it was more that when you look at all the different MDP's we had - I mean GATO alone can't pick a side in this war - it just seemed futile to try to line us all up together like we represented a coherent whole.[/i]
[/quote]

If this war has taught us all anything, it's that this here is a wise train of thought. :)
Perhaps the future will show a cleaner path. Till then, keep it up.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1295663609' post='2590393']
These are three terrible alliances and I'm glad to see them all leave the brown sphere.

I look forward to all of you running your alliances into the ground.
[/quote]

Remind me now why I went to war with MONGOL and got nuked for you guys?

Edited by Twink

[quote name='Twink' timestamp='1295756422' post='2592889']
Remind me now why I went to war with MONGOL and got nuked for you guys?
[/quote]
Clearly you didn't see what he did thar.