An open letter to the SOS Brigade regarding spy operations

porksaber

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1294963878' post='2574486']
I think we would all like to know how they will be punished.
[/quote]

it's currently being handled internally.

edit ed because I left out a word.

Edited by Jingoist

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1294969369' post='2574582']
I'm honestly just surprised that SLCB still exists.
[/quote]

come talk to us sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Jingoist

When you children finally decide to either work things out like adults or try to kill each other, be dolls and keep to your own side of the sandbox this time and don't pull in my allies (like Europa last time). It's like NEW wasn't dumb enough that you had to argue with each other over something more idiotic. Whoever pulls you guys' strings needs to pull harder, all this stupid infighting on your "side" isn't helping keep the other side down.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Comrade Goby' timestamp='1294972614' post='2574617']
Yo dey gots Goby. Dey gots woar
[/quote]

You sir have your stuff in a group and are ready to rock and roll.

Then again you were taught correctly by the best. ;)

It's some of the others in this chick flick that have me wondering.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1294973130' post='2574620']
When you children finally decide to either work things out like adults or try to kill each other, be dolls and keep to your own side of the sandbox this time and don't pull in my allies (like Europa last time). It's like NEW wasn't dumb enough that you had to argue with each other over something more idiotic. Whoever pulls you guys' strings needs to pull harder, all this stupid infighting on your "side" isn't helping keep the other side down.
[/quote]
Duncannnnnn, this is classic jockeying. Useless client state gets kicked to the curb (NEW), favored client state gets a blank check (SLCB). You know this is how the world works; I mean youve got people seriously suggesting that logs and other evidence are being faked while more spy attacks are actually revealed on the alliance stats page. That's the game you're playing, if you don't like it, stop signing treaties with so many idiots.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1294973408' post='2574626']
Duncannnnnn, this is classic jockeying. Useless client state gets kicked to the curb (NEW), favored client state gets a blank check (SLCB). You know this is how the world works; I mean youve got people seriously suggesting that logs and other evidence are being faked while more spy attacks are actually revealed on the alliance stats page. That's the game you're playing, if you don't like it, stop signing treaties with so many idiots.
[/quote]
Fortunately, my alliance has a strict no idiot policy when it comes to treaties. As for when it comes to members, well they let me in. ;)

The chain to get Europa was NEW-FEAR-Europa and our treaty with Europa is an ODP, so we weren't on the hook anyway. All of TFDs treaties outside NATO are non chaining. It helps us stay out of crap like this.

And yeah, I haven't personally signed treaties with anyone since I joined TFD. That's Lusitan and Gearhead's show, I just help out when I feel like it and they let me.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1294974074' post='2574638']
The chain to get Europa was NEW-FEAR-Europa and our treaty with Europa is an ODP, so we weren't on the hook anyway. All of TFDs treaties outside NATO are non chaining. It helps us stay out of crap like this.
[/quote]

So you were basically whining about Europa being dragged into something merely for grins and giggles? Really?

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1294905051' post='2573911']
Yes, because editing logs gives you the high ground right?
[/quote]
I loled at this comment at first, but then I realized that you were probably serious. Give me any sort of evidence - real or fake - that tells me SOS did anything wrong during this whole thing beyond "having nations that are able to be spied upon" and I will gladly ghost SLCB when the war rolls along.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1294986122' post='2574800']
I loled at this comment at first, but then I realized that you were probably serious. Give me any sort of evidence - real or fake - that tells me SOS did anything wrong during this whole thing beyond "having nations that are able to be spied upon" and I will gladly ghost SLCB when the war rolls along.
[/quote]

It was sarcasm my friend. Furthermore, I forget to add the word 'FAKED' to the sentence.

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1294985257' post='2574776']
So you were basically whining about Europa being dragged into something merely for grins and giggles? Really?
[/quote]

No, I was just refuting Schatt's claim that we treaty idiots and get dragged into PB and Friends's jockeying.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1295012332' post='2575021']
No, I was just refuting Schatt's claim that we treaty idiots and get dragged into PB and Friends's jockeying.
[/quote]

Can we get a poll on whether or not you treaty idiots? I'd really like a vote.

Also, is anyone going to do anything? I mean besides drawing line after line in the sand for SLCB to step over? Which, while entertaining, (as it was in our own Bugs Bunny cartoons on the Krymson Cartoon Network), unless you draw that last line on the edge of a cliff, you just look weak.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1295014535' post='2575047']
Can we get a poll on whether or not you treaty idiots? I'd really like a vote.

Also, is anyone going to do anything? I mean besides drawing line after line in the sand for SLCB to step over? Which, while entertaining, (as it was in our own Bugs Bunny cartoons on the Krymson Cartoon Network), unless you draw that last line on the edge of a cliff, you just look weak.
[/quote]
I concur... have been out of popcorn for days now...

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1295014535' post='2575047']
[/quote]
There are greater concerns in this matter than your amusement; I'd prefer to see our allies happy long before you get your kicks and giggles.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295029090' post='2575234']
There are greater concerns in this matter than your amusement; I'd prefer to see our allies happy long before you get your kicks and giggles.
[/quote]

To be fair, there are really no greater concerns than my amusement.

[/quote]

You're right. The biggest concern here is the destruction of your terrible alliance; the kicks and giggles are just a bonus.

[/quote]

I would think it was defending your alliance and your allies backing you to do so.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295044318' post='2575408']
I would think it was defending your alliance and your allies backing you to do so.
[/quote]

If planet Bob were a prison, SOS Brigade would be that weird looking guy with a ponytail who everyone suspected was a pedophile (but wasn't quite sure about it), that is really only alive because he gives sexual favors to one of the biggest, baddest dudes in there on command. The truth is, their allies are probably tired of having to deal with all of the stupid drama that they get based on that one ridiculously un-strategic SOS treaty. Not only is their government inept, unorganized, and generally unintelligent, but 80% of the alliances worth dealing with would love nothing more than to see SOS rolled. Look how unwilling they are to defend their own nations, much less those of any other alliance. Bunch of pansies who have no business running a lemonade stand, much less an alliance.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295045857' post='2575439']
If planet Bob were a prison, SOS Brigade would be that weird looking guy with a ponytail who everyone suspected was a pedophile (but wasn't quite sure about it), that is really only alive because he gives sexual favors to one of the biggest, baddest dudes in there on command. The truth is, their allies are probably tired of having to deal with all of the stupid drama that they get based on that one ridiculously un-strategic SOS treaty. Not only is their government inept, unorganized, and generally unintelligent, but 80% of the alliances worth dealing with would love nothing more than to see SOS rolled. Look how unwilling they are to defend their own nations, much less those of any other alliance. Bunch of pansies who have no business running a lemonade stand, much less an alliance.
[/quote]

SOS should take a lesson from FAN about treating spy ops :smug:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295044318' post='2575408']
[/quote]
When someone begs you to attack them, what are you supposed to do, give them what they want? Why let them have the satisfaction?

Needless to say, you aren't clued in to the negotiations, the reasons for such, or anything else to do with the matter. The crux of the matter, which I believe I've stated several times, is that we don't want to irresponsibly shoot from the hip and cause a mess for people we actually care about over some silly grudges. It's not as though war is the one and only diplomatic option available.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295045857' post='2575439']
[/quote]
If you're going to keep spewing verbal diarrhea, why don't you stop with the courting and test our willingness to defend ourselves? I mean, I could break your post apart point by point, but it's such hate-filled mindless drivel that it's not worth the effort; put up or shut up, seriously. You don't see our members bending over backwards to slander you at every occasion, much less myself; why do you feel such a compulsion to debase yourself with childish and crude comments like these? It's rather pitiful conduct for anyone who puts on the hat of the diplomatic head of an alliance. I've seen better conduct from SLCB in the past few days than I've seen in any of your posts.