Formal Apology from TGE

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1294620900' post='2570444']
So strange that NoR is like a magnet pulling people with strange ideological tendencies...[/quote]
A very weak magnet, then. In the last 1,5 year, we've had... *looks at Bassman* I dunno, maybe two or three applicants with, as you call it, strange ideological tendencies. They were all shown the door.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1294464669' post='2568243']
The roots of this conflict lay in Norden Verein's defunct [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Nordland_Doctrine]Nordland Doctrine[/url], which did two things: first, it officially asserted their ownership of Nordreich (1) history, and second, it gave them a flimsy pretext to harass all other Germanic alliances, and they used it to target TGE with incessant bullying.
[/quote]
Now you're bringing up ancient [i]revisionist[/i] history to legitimize TGE's actions today? TGE already used the Nordland Doctrine to score PR points against NoV remember? On the eve of NoV being attacked TGE demanded that the doctrine be tossed out. We, being a proud people, tried to meet TGE in the middle by modifying it so as to not offend their sensibilities. A lot of good it did us in the end, we were to be attacked regardless of how we handled the Nordland doctrine, and you know that. I may be fuzzy on how bullying is supposed to go down, but if memory serves, TGE was the one that, along with a Continuum coalition, declared on NoV. Not the other way around.

As has been said before, we do not concern ourselves with TGE or how they do things. They are little more than an afterthought in our political world. And yet they can't seem to help themselves from meddling in our affairs. So you tell me, as their allies and protectors, are they incompetent or suicidal?

So strange that NoR is like a magnet pulling people with strange ideological tendencies...

Purely a coincidence i'm sure.
[/quote]
And people wonder why we take steps to distance ourselves from the implications in the tKoI logs. It's because this kind of prejudice thinking still exists.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1294621290' post='2570457']
A very weak magnet, then. In the last 1,5 year, we've had... *looks at Bassman* I dunno, maybe two or three applicants with, as you call it, strange ideological tendencies. They were all shown the door.
[/quote]

Yep, I could count them on one hand so looks as if we need to get a new magnet :P

It was however strong enough to pull in Sherlock(a TGE crone) to attempt to infiltrate our alliance.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1294624761' post='2570577']
Yep, I could count them on one hand so looks as if we need to get a new magnet :P

It was however strong enough to pull in Sherlock(a TGE crone) to attempt to infiltrate our alliance.
[/quote]

He tried that with RoA too... his ability to keep his identity a secret makes me question his cognitive development as a child.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1294628597' post='2570644']
He tried that with RoA too... his ability to keep his identity a secret makes me question his cognitive development as a child.
[/quote]
Oh, we're well aware that a TGE operative infiltrated what was then one of our protectorates. TGE apologized for that.

A few months later, the same person (now with a new name) infiltrated another Nordreich protectorate, attempted to stage a coup, was tossed out of that alliance, went to TGE, and was made a TGE Minister [b]the same day[/b]. Oh yeah....TGE apologized for that, too.

So once again I ask: [b]"What makes this apology any more valuable than the last two or three?"[/b]

Coming up next: Ferdinand I gets a tap on the shoulder from one or more Colossus Triumvirs who ask, "Why are you trying to slander our ally?"

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1294615889' post='2570332']
Let me throw my 2 cents in this conversation aswell.

I was one of the people responsible for this unfortunate treaty between TGE and TKoI.
I had no information about the...political sentiments in TKoI. They seemed like a bunch of OK people, albeit not the brightest cookies in the jar.
As soon as it was becoming more clear what kind of people TKoI were, I was going to propose that TGE would cancel its treaty because TGE's view on racism and other similar ideas is very clear- absolute zero tolerance!
But surprise surprise before we got a chance to do that NoR decided to poach our allies. This is not a question whether TKoI has racist or whatnot members in it, fact is that TGE had a treaty with them and all the sudden they decided to sign equal treaty with NoR and drop the one with TGE. Considering the most unfortunate past of NoR i cannot possibly believe this to be a coincidence. And when someone ringed the alarm about TKoI then NoR suddenly noticed their mistake? All one has to do is to take a look of the names of nations NoR members have and one can see what the political sentiments of NoR are. I agree with Craig aswell, NoR might be "reformed" but NoR is still NoR and no amount of reforms will change that. Also i'm glad to see the anti-TGE hate club faithful activists Flinders and Shuru are drooling all over the place as always. Is there any TGE topic in the world that you 2 wont troll in? It has been years since your pathetic schemes failed in TGE, when are you going to get over it?
Nordreich is accusing TGE of meddling with their affairs? I'm sorry but was TGE who made NoR's ally to drop treaty with them and sign one with TGE or was it other way around?!

You can flame me for saying those things but if you remove your pink sunglasses and see things as they really are you'll know it's all true.

Have a nice evening!

Ferd
[/quote]

Excuse me, first of all, you have no idea what occurred when I was in TGE. Second of all, my post was not meant to be a flame in any way, so thank you for being arrogant and misinterpreting a purely analytical post. I don't post in your threads, I don't even usually pay attention to TGE threads. One post in the past 6 months or so? Yeah, that's really drooling. Work harder with your insults next time. Congratulations on enforcing everything I said.

You're not even in TGE, you're in an alliance that is directly allied to NoR. Does that even make sense?

Edited by Shurukian

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1294608389' post='2570093']
This whole thing's a pantomime with people seeming to want to pretend that things aren't what they are. I don't understand why though.
[/quote]

Welcome to politics.

Edited by Emperor Marx

Fingers have been pointed at TGE in this thread for attempting a failed PR stunt, but considering this thread is already 7 pages long and they've barely even posted in it, I'm starting to see its true value. Page after page of all the same people who consistently spout all the same hate and beat the same dead horses into the dust every time TGE is involved (and that's not even counting [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96682&st=240"]the other thread they are bashing TGE in right now[/url])... TGE may not have made any PR progress for themselves with this thread, but they sure have outclassed their rivals here simply by being silent and letting their rivals rabidly rant to the point where the rest of us are rolling our eyes in amusement.

Well played, TGE o/

You know what, i completely agree with you.

So strange that NoR is like a magnet pulling people with strange ideological tendencies...

Purely a coincidence i'm sure.
[/quote]
You not informing them and keeping the info in backchannels so you would be able to blackmail them later on is the poorest of forms. NoR clearly don't want anything to do with people of those sorts.... why not inform them?

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1294654575' post='2570964']
You not informing them and keeping the info in backchannels so you would be able to blackmail them later on is the poorest of forms. NoR clearly don't want anything to do with people of those sorts.... why not inform them?
[/quote]
Dude!!

Stop making sense. The world wont appreciate it and will stone you. :(

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1294653506' post='2570958']
Fingers have been pointed at TGE in this thread for attempting a failed PR stunt, but considering this thread is already 7 pages long and they've barely even posted in it, I'm starting to see its true value. Page after page of all the same people who consistently spout all the same hate and beat the same dead horses into the dust every time TGE is involved (and that's not even counting [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96682&st=240"]the other thread they are bashing TGE in right now[/url])... TGE may not have made any PR progress for themselves with this thread, but they sure have outclassed their rivals here simply by being silent and letting their rivals rabidly rant to the point where the rest of us are rolling our eyes in amusement.

Well played, TGE o/
[/quote]
I once held TGE in high regard. Furthermore I'm not 'one of those people who consistently spout all the same hate...', I'm getting sick and tired of TGE's attempts to infiltrate or damage NoR, in any IC/OOC way possible.

I'm sorry to say that your the rest of your reasoning above, concerning the 'PR progress' for TGE is just blatantly stupid. They have damaged their image with this stupid stunt.

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1294653506' post='2570958']

Well played, TGE o/
[/quote]
You're right. Because regardless of how many times TGE has shown they are either completely inept, or downright nefarious in their dealings with us, as long as they don't post here very often, they are clearly the bigger men. We are primal and guttural cave-people with our emotions and rants will go on and on while TGE sits up in their ivory tower of knowledge and class.

Gag me.

TGE doesn't come and post more often because they simply can't. They have no legs to stand on and they have no political know-how to dig themselves out of a hole so they will do as they have always done. They will make as little movement and noise as they possibly can and hope everyone forgets about them. They will play political possum, while in the background they beg for our forgiveness. Though I'm not sure what you're trying to say about TGE's allies in INT because they have been partaking in this little discourse the entire time as well. I suppose they are rabidly ranting as well right?

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1294663791' post='2571012']
Though I'm not sure what you're trying to say about TGE's allies in INT because they have been partaking in this little discourse the entire time as well. I suppose they are rabidly ranting as well right?
[/quote]

I can't speak for everyone, but that's [i]exactly[/i] what [i]I've[/i] been doing.

-Craig

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1294663791' post='2571012']...
TGE doesn't come and post more often because they simply can't...
[/quote]
No, TGE doesn't comment because they know you. Between this thread and your NoR announcement you have fueled 20 pages of ridiculous finger pointing and dead horse beating, and that's WITHOUT TGE bothering to defend themselves, I can just imagine how relentless your "rabid ranting" would get if TGE did bother arguing with you. I don't blame them for playing it cool.

As I plainly stated before (yet was misquoted by Erikz anyway *lulz*), TGE may not have gained any PR from the OP apology, but you sure have swum up and taken the bait to damage yours with your utter lack of class.

That's it for me, so spin it however you like... thanks for reading.

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1294706948' post='2571514']
No, TGE doesn't comment because they know you. Between this thread and your NoR announcement you have fueled 20 pages of ridiculous finger pointing and dead horse beating, and that's WITHOUT TGE bothering to defend themselves, I can just imagine how relentless your "rabid ranting" would get if TGE did bother arguing with you. I don't blame them for playing it cool.

As I plainly stated before (yet was misquoted by Erikz anyway *lulz*), TGE may not have gained any PR from the OP apology, but you sure have swum up and taken the bait to damage yours with your utter lack of class.

[/quote]

you say that as if TGE has ever managed to do anything correct intentionally.

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1294706948' post='2571514']

[/quote]
No, not really.

[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1294706948' post='2571514']TGE doesn't comment because they know you.[/quote]

TGE doesn't come here because their current government is completely oblivious as to their past transgressions against Nordreich's sovereignty.

Or, as their current Chancellor put it:

"I will admit, I don't know what our history is between TGE and NOR, but I want to make sure the future isn't full of all this stuff..."

That's a direct quote, not a paraphrase. And it was said [i]after[/i] this 'apology' was posted. It's also what we've heard from TGE's government [b]several times before[/b].

Got it?

Hence the reason our response goes something like this:

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/gfgraham/Cybernations/lolki.png[/IMG][/center]

Image courtesy of a friend of Nordreich's in Polaris.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294754972' post='2571954']
As far as I know Mark Thomas 1) is not the chancellor 2) had no authority to post this topic 3) is a total idiot. That is all for me.
[/quote]

And once again, TGE is the gift that just keeps on giving.

btw....the Wiki says he's the Chancellor.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1294749377' post='2571918']
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/gfgraham/Cybernations/lolki.png[/IMG][/center]

Image courtesy of a friend of Nordreich's in Polaris.
[/quote]
Oh that is a good one, give the creator a medal. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294754972' post='2571954']
As far as I know Mark Thomas 1) is not the chancellor 2) had no authority to post this topic 3) is a total idiot. That is all for me.
[/quote]

so.... 4 days after someone posts an apology and signs it as the Chancellor, someone from a different alliance finally comes on to say he's not actually the chancellor?

there's so many things wrong with this, I dont even know where to start