Iron Curtain Announcement

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1293517092' post='2556022']
"Embrace war, alienate friends!"

Right.....
[/quote]

Well you haven't embraced it, and you only have 1 left. See my logic?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1293517607' post='2556024']
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. T[b]hose peace talks were by 3rd party candidates who were only afraid of war.[/b] FEAR did not start with peace talks until Christmas Eve. Even though we we're all in the same channel, that was not FEAR's doing.
[/quote]

I honestly never understood why 3rd parties get involved - sure for mediation purposes - but you seem to imply that a 3rd party was negotiating on behalf of FEAR?

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293520287' post='2556059']
I honestly never understood why 3rd parties get involved - sure for mediation purposes - but you seem to imply that a 3rd party was negotiating on behalf of FEAR?
[/quote]

Ill admit I didnt read the prior few pages, but ill jump in anyway. FEAR didnt seek peace after a day, several 3rd party alliance leaders got NEW into a room the day FEAR entered and for a couple days after and tried to pressure them into peace. and we of course told these leaders that if new were to peace out we obviously would too.

[quote name='ClashCityRocker' timestamp='1293522332' post='2556071']
Ill admit I didnt read the prior few pages, but ill jump in anyway. FEAR didnt seek peace after a day, several 3rd party alliance leaders got NEW into a room the day FEAR entered and for a couple days after and tried to pressure them into peace. and we of course told these leaders that if new were to peace out we obviously would too.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up - it makes more sense.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1293523019' post='2556076']
I feel as though The New Guy has been overshadowed by these NEW guys... :P
[/quote]

The way the NEW guys have been behaving you would think they really are the New guys.

Dumb jokes asside.

Who were these "Third parties" seeking peace?

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293494781' post='2555628']
First of, read my post on page 2, I did not come here to spit on Hydra. I apologize if it comes off that way in my later post but making sure they don't feel insulted is not high on my priority list, but it obviously is on yours. Moreover, I'm not taking any shots at FEAR, on the contrary, I had very friendly talks with FEAR's leaders during said peace talks and I made it clear that I agreed with them leaving the war because they had tried to support their allies in every way possible, and they went as far as to try and reason with NEW on our behalf. So I have a lot of respect for FEAR on that end; however, it doesn't mean I can't laugh a bit because they sought peace a day after.

As for "Hydra not lacking in the defending allies department" that's all a matter of perception. From where I stand, they have not defended their allies adequately enough. But that's just me. I'm sure as their ally you are forced to have high views of them without popper reason, but that's another matter entirely.

Lastly, I shall be taking no lessons from Mr. Saladin or Hydra - if I had I wouldn't be fighting for my allies/friends in DF now would I?

Come again, please...
:ph34r:
[/quote]

This is so completely absurd it's not even funny. So in their first calls of conflict coming in its doorstep, Hydra was steadfast in promising to enter in on its ally's behalf, before it did in BOTH in our defense during BiPolar, as well as for its then-P.E.A.C.E. allies who they had no obligation to defend. During 6 mil war, Hydra and Jacapo were quite unhappy that we took the entire beating and asked our allies to stay out of it. During this conflict, they had already decided to go to war until peace negotiations begun and going to war would be against their interest.

Think about it, Hydra has either defended its allies when asked upon in every situation, and in the situations when not asked upon, they followed the wishes of their allies and did what was in their [i]strategic interest[/i]. For anyone in the know about Hydra, and not some random blubbering detractor, Hydra is about as good of an ally one could ask for.

That being said... yes the New Guy was definitely outdone by the other NEW this week :ph34r:

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1293526421' post='2556089']
This is so completely absurd it's not even funny. So in their first calls of conflict coming in its doorstep, Hydra was steadfast in promising to enter in on its ally's behalf, before it did in BOTH in our defense during BiPolar, as well as for its then-P.E.A.C.E. allies who he had no obligation to defend. During 6 mil war, Hydra and Jacapo were quite unhappy that we took the entire beating and asked our allies to stay out of it. During this conflict, they had already decided to go to war until peace negotiations begun and going to war would be against their interest.

Think about it, Hydra has either defended its allies when asked upon in every situation, and in the situations when not asked upon, they followed the wishes of their allies and did what was in their [i]strategic interest[/i]. For anyone in the know about Hydra, and not some random blubbering detractor, Hydra is about as good of an ally one could ask for.

That being said... yes the New Guy was definitely outdone by the other NEW this week :ph34r:
[/quote]

Hydra really has acted honorable they don't deserve any grief.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1293526421' post='2556089']
[/quote]

Well then... :unsure:

Either way, I can only hope that all parties remain close and continue to move forward in their new FA paths.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1293532244' post='2556111']
Any alliance breaking a tie with NSO is an alliance doing something right. Best of luck to each of you guys on your new FA path.

EDIT: spelling
[/quote]
Oh you. :blush:

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1293515618' post='2556004']
Embrace war, friends, don't fear it. People like you are the cause of the !@#$@#$ boredom around here. However, I'm having my fun so I pretty much don't care.
[/quote]

Have I told you lately that I love you? :wub:

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1293532244' post='2556111']
Any alliance breaking a tie with NSO is an alliance doing something right. Best of luck to each of you guys on your new FA path.
[/quote]

Ah Bob, your vision is too narrowed.

Besides, the future offers more possibilities than you can realize. Let the hate flow through you. Let it fill your senses, and charge your soul. Embrace the darkness within :awesome:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1293553274' post='2556236']
Ah Bob, your vision is too narrowed.

Besides, the future offers more possibilities than you can realize. Let the hate flow through you. Let it fill your senses, and charge your soul. Embrace the darkness within :awesome:
[/quote]
Hating NSO would be a waste of too much valuable energy. It's not worth my time to hate NSO. It is worth my time, however, to give a pat on the back to those who realize that their time with NSO has also been wasted and, like others in the past, moved on the greener pastures.

Edit: damn iPhone spelling

Edited by Bob Ilyani

For my nation, this was a second war against FEAR; the first was the NoV/NV/FEAR vs LSF conflict, and I'm glad this one ended with different results. My personal experience is that their members have always been honorable and pleasant during conflict. Despite the fact that they are constantly fighting on the side of pure evil, I have nothing but respect for them. NATO is another group that, despite their close association with the forces of darkness on Bob, are decent people. I'm sorry to see that your bloc didn't work out. Maybe this is your opportunity to seize the momentum and align yourselves with the forces of light.

I've had limited exposure to Hydra, but they seem like nice guys, too. It's too bad they didn't have a chance to jump into the fight... I was looking forward to beating them again.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1293561978' post='2556345']
Hating NSO would be a waste of too much valuable energy. It's not worth my time to hate NSO. It is worth my time, however, to give a pat on the back to those who realize that their time with NSO has also been wasted and, like others in the past, moved on the greener pastures.

Edit: damn iPhone spelling
[/quote]

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I can't say I feel like I'm wasting my time, and I don't believe any of us wasted our time with this treaty. Paths just differed down the road and it's run it's course.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1293542798' post='2556162']
Have I told you lately that I love you? :wub:
[/quote]

:wub: I think so.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1293572058' post='2556505']
i saw him first! ill war you over this
[/quote]

:awesome:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1293562590' post='2556351']
For my nation, this was a second war against FEAR; the first was the NoV/NV/FEAR vs LSF conflict, and I'm glad this one ended with different results. My personal experience is that their members have always been honorable and pleasant during conflict. Despite the fact that they are constantly fighting on the side of pure evil, I have nothing but respect for them. NATO is another group that, despite their close association with the forces of darkness on Bob, are decent people. I'm sorry to see that your bloc didn't work out. Maybe this is your opportunity to seize the momentum and align yourselves with the forces of light.

I've had limited exposure to Hydra, but they seem like nice guys, too. It's too bad they didn't have a chance to jump into the fight... I was looking forward to beating them again.

-Craig
[/quote]

in fairness to the 'side of pure evil' including the 'Big Red Devil', the NPO is, as Comrade deSouza and many others claim, the 'True Communist Alliance'. Amirite or amirite? :D