CN:TE Temporary Holiday Cease-fire.

Ferrie

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1293166127' post='2552396']
You aren't involved at all, so why are you throwing demands around?
[/quote]
Ah, but we are involved. Besides being good friends with NAC (that doesn't make us involved), we are signatories of the ceasefire that your AA broke. Hence, if NAC asked us to help out, we'd be perfectly in our right to help them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1293166127' post='2552396']
You aren't involved at all, so why are you throwing demands around?
[/quote]

there was no demand made, just a suggestion. regrettably some parties were offended by the idea that RE should simply acknowledge the mistake and say "our bad" to the alliances participating in the cease fire.

Edited by dockingscheduled

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293158729' post='2552221']
Eh, I thought no alliances under 10 members would be participating in the truce in the first place.
[/quote]

^ This ^

There have been many raids on members of this signed treaty. So why is it that RE is the only one things are made a big deal over? In reality its not overly important. Also the treaty states

[quote]Also, any act of war against any alliance signed will be considered an act of war against ALL signatories, and will be squashed like a bug.[/quote]

I do not know the exact context as it was meant. But straight forward seems like [b]anyone[/b] who raids one of these signed parties will be dealt with by all. So I guess we should demand public apologies from all of them too. Superfriends raided The Hell Patrol. Guess a public apology is in order. Essentially. It's a raid. Deal with it like normal. If your feelings were hurt I can give you a tissue but I don't think RE is in any position to have to apologize over something so little.

Edit: I forgot to add why I quoted confusion.

Edited by Frostfirefox

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293161544' post='2552253']
the truce shouldn't be affected since it was after-all a raid conducted by a newby ( Not an alliance sanctioned attack, So we'd just kill the newby
[/quote]

And what about RE's newby, what would he learn in that case if I just dropped it?
I'll tell you what

a) small AA's are all pacifists
b) you can war anytime you want, just call it a "tech raid" and attack AA's smaller than you. Even if you make a mistake, your friends will back you up - so why bother learning the rules?

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293161544' post='2552253']and in the case RE wants to escalate it, then they can and once again the truce shouldn't take effect since if their right to protect a newby who made a mistake.
[/quote]

So, RE has a right to protect their newby to the best of their ability and NAC doesn't have the right to protect ours? I think not.

If RE escalates it, RE escalates it. Then we can find out once and for all which alliances out of those that signed on here actually believe in reasonable fair fights and which alliances thinks a 56 man AA vs a 6 man AA is just dandy :D

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find that interesting considering "this isn't a fair fight!" is an argument I've seen many alliance leaders of various sized alliances make.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293162403' post='2552295']
Re-Edit: Not worth it.

Oh and I agree, Everyone that makes a mistake should be killed.
[/quote]

I gave various options to settle this. ADude gave only one - everyone just peace out. Not acceptable to me. If the only other suggestion of mine he's going to even consider is sacrificing his member who made a mistake, well - I suggest everyone in RE be very careful that they don't make a mistake.

Ok i dont know what happened when i fell a sleep. Ok I talked to white chocolate earlier today, All seemed good no public apology was needed. As i read in the cease fire. I believe that no AA under ten was allowed in. The person who attacked is my friend IRL and this is his first time playing TE and he isnt even like 3 moths in SE. I told him that he could raid AA's 6 and under. He did. It was a mistake. One nation. And if you want to go this route 2 WAPA nations raided an RE nation, arent they protected? So what about that.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1293169478' post='2552447']
Ok i dont know what happened when i fell a sleep. Ok I talked to white chocolate earlier today, All seemed good no public apology was needed. As i read in the cease fire. I believe that no AA under ten was allowed in. The person who attacked is my friend IRL and this is his first time playing TE and he isnt even like 3 moths in SE. I told him that he could raid AA's 6 and under. He did. It was a mistake. One nation. And if you want to go this route 2 WAPA nations raided an RE nation, arent they protected? So what about that.
[/quote]
RE isn't on the ceasefire list. So, no they aren't protected.

As we talked about this on IRC... before this was posted... dont really see why it needed to be posted but. I was confused because i thought WAPA was protected, therefore when they raided the RE guy. If we defended would that go against the cease fire.

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1292974190' post='2548854']
[u]Just wanted to add that this is [b]NOT[/b] meant as a way to keep your small alliance from getting raided.[/u] I'll keep the Alliances on that we're already there, but no alliances with less than 10 members will be added.

Salute!
[/quote]

I guess I should read some of the previous posts more often :smug:

I feel like this fits perfect into this situation.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' timestamp='1293174304' post='2552507']
I guess I should read some of the previous posts more often :smug:

I feel like this fits perfect into this situation.
[/quote]
You realize that was posted after NAC had signed it and been put on the list, right? (He also said that anyone on the list will stay on the list no matter the size of them.)

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293188932' post='2552570']
You realize that was posted after NAC had signed it and been put on the list, right? (He also said that anyone on the list will stay on the list no matter the size of them.)
[/quote]

First of Merry Christmas to you and to all of TE.

You reminded me last night to leave the E-lawyering to you, so as an E-lawyer I take it that you will not object to a jury. How about creating a poll as to whether or RE's actions violated the spirit of the truce and is to be considered an act of war or was just a raid by a noob and should be handled in that manner. Just a suggestion as there seems to be different interpretations of this.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1293188932' post='2552570']
[/quote]

I underlined the important part because I already knew this. It was stated that this was not meant as raid protection.

As I see it, it's already been handled amongst the 2 alliances involved. We all make mistakes, and its crazy difficult to police every member of a 60 man alliance. We should just move on.

This Cease-fire was meant to give everyone a little break from the stress... Not add to it. Chill everyone.

Enjoy your holiday, and relax. Just a little over a week til' s**t hits the fan. :)

Salute!

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1293221297' post='2552806']
Lol paul its already handled tho.
[/quote]

1. Yup, it's resolved.

2. Do not "tech raid" NAC, during the course of this holiday cease fire or afterword. We don't appreciate being "tech raided" and will defend ourselves with any and all means necessary within our power, including both "hard" and "soft" power. Therefore, I respectfully ask that alliances who allow raids on small alliances to put NAC on your "do not raid" lists. Thank you.

You may now go back to your drama free holiday :D

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1293312748' post='2553770']
sign us up, we are never take orders. An alliance with raiders from CN standard.
[/quote]

You might be raiders in CN Standard but you're definitely flag chasers in CN Tournament Edition.

If Never Take Orders gets accepted into this truce, so should Gay Rollers and the rest of PB's TE Alliances.

Edit: Nothing personal, I just don't believe this truce should be used for protection when you're either A) Rogues, B) Flagchasers or C) Decoys.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1293314805' post='2553778']
You might be raiders in CN Standard but you're definitely flag chasers in CN Tournament Edition.

If Never Take Orders gets accepted into this truce, so should Gay Rollers and the rest of PB's TE Alliances.

Edit: Nothing personal, I just don't believe this truce should be used for protection when you're either A) Rogues, B) Flagchasers or C) Decoys.
[/quote]

Don't be such a Scrooge, Confusion!
Even those foul Flag Chasers, decoys and rogues should be allowed to enjoy a drama free holiday...No discrimination, I say...

Admin. Bless Us, Every One :D

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1293225288' post='2552891']
or i could just let PS have their way with him....
[/quote]

This is true...Pork Shrimp's award-winning moron disposal system will be operating straight through the holidays. Neither sleet, nor ice, nor the banality of interpersonal relationships shall prevent us from doing our civic duty, so if there's a moron in your life and you have no one available within range, look us up.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1293492437' post='2555596']
This is true...Pork Shrimp's award-winning moron disposal system will be operating straight through the holidays. Neither sleet, nor ice, nor the banality of interpersonal relationships shall prevent us from doing our civic duty, so if there's a moron in your life and you have no one available within range, look us up.
[/quote]
Classic...lol. I will put PS on speed dial.