The CyberNations World Cup 2010

kamichi

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really decided on a name yet, though it is tentatively called CSKA Francograd for the moment. Adapting a Russian name suits us pretty well, and the military tie-in seems pretty fitting too. :P But I'm not 100% sure, I guess I'll see what I come up with while I'm waiting for these last few players.

I love NPO football teams simply because their kit makes itself. Blue and black halves, yellow star chest logo and it looks great.

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1289314502' post='2508015']
When are groups being drawn?

Live midweek draw imo.
[/quote]

Draw will be made either when we have 20 applicants or at the end of the application period. The schedule is set up for 20 teams but if for some highly unforseeable reason we don't get a full contingent then I'll need to change the tournament format or add teams before a draw can be made.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1289307221' post='2507927']
I haven't really decided on a name yet, though it is tentatively called CSKA Francograd for the moment. Adapting a Russian name suits us pretty well, and the military tie-in seems pretty fitting too. :P But I'm not 100% sure, I guess I'll see what I come up with while I'm waiting for these last few players.
[/quote]

Eintracht Francofurt. Beginning to see why James enjoys this so much :awesome:

Getting this together has been harder than I expected. Damn handegg fans in TOOL. <_<

I may have to start recruiting from TPF/IRON/FEAR/Brigade if this keeps up.

EDIT: and as I was saying this, I was unaware that I got the remaining six players I needed. :laugh: PM will come soon.

EDIT 2: PM sent. Juventus TOOLino ;) [img]http://www.theorderoflight.com/public/style_emoticons/default/toolwarp2.png[/img]

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1289347938' post='2508682']
Okay, I have a question that's been keeping me from looking at this.

The 16 players - do they actually have to do anything as part of this? Or can I just include 16 random names from my alliance, 16 positions, 16 descriptions, and assume we're good to go?
[/quote]

Everything can be done by the manager. It might get people more involved/interested though if you let them pick their position/description etc.

The 16 players - do they actually have to do anything as part of this? Or can I just include 16 random names from my alliance, 16 positions, 16 descriptions, and assume we're good to go?
[/quote]
Correct. Only the manager makes a material contribution (and he does so by changing tactics or the team itself), but I think the majority of the teams have tried to pick their players on the basis of at least a minimal demonstration of interest in the tournament.

[/quote]
It's best when people pick their positions though, because then they actually get interested in the games, and so the manager is more motivated.

[/quote]

The latter.

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1289333025' post='2508379']
Getting this together has been harder than I expected. Damn handegg fans in TOOL. <_<

I may have to start recruiting from TPF/IRON/FEAR/Brigade if this keeps up.

EDIT: and as I was saying this, I was unaware that I got the remaining six players I needed. :laugh: PM will come soon.

[b]EDIT 2: PM sent. Juventus TOOLino ;)[/b] [img]http://www.theorderoflight.com/public/style_emoticons/default/toolwarp2.png[/img]
[/quote]

That is an absolutely brilliant name! :) Here's to hoping it goes up against O'Samurai :awesome:

So that makes it team number 13 and 7 remaining? If I looked at the list in the OP right.