A Change in Royalty

Lukapaka

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AvengingAngel256' timestamp='1288016931' post='2492759']
Good Luck to Olaf in retirement, and Congrats to Luka on the King(or shouldn't it be queen?)ship!

MHAil! from your friends in MHA. :wub:
[/quote]
You're right, Luka is technically a [s]queer[/s]queen. :awesome:

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288005599' post='2492688']
For the most part you would be correct, very few people that do no work and dedicate no time, get into positions of power within Sparta But I could be wrong, but Olaf was grandfathered in with very little work done compared to other Spartans. Not that I'm hating, as I like Olaf, I like his style. I'm just wondering if that's what Necro means?
[/quote]
Hiro, You know I love you brah, but your comment is butchered with poor punctuation and grammar thus making it difficult to decipher. Forgive me if I misread your post.

Sparta has never selected members of government based on seniority. That's just not the way we roll. I had someone express concern about this the other day. (I suspect they felt they got the shaft somewhere along the line, hence why they brought it up to me) Sparta selects members of govt based on capability and availability. If you're not capable, you don't get the job. If you not available, you don't get the job. Considering as both you and Necro were both members of Sparta gov, I find your comments a bit surprising that either of you would elude to anything else other then that. Sometimes, poor decisions are made, but tough. That is the way things go. Try not to ragequit over it. Sparta govt tries to make the best decisions they can with the information they have at that time. Olaf put in a considerable amount of time in several areas of govt before being promoted to king. To imply that olaf had not put in as much time into the alliance, as compared to others, is gross misinformation quite honestly.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1288070117' post='2493394']
Hiro, You know I love you brah, but your comment is butchered with poor punctuation and grammar thus making it difficult to decipher. Forgive me if I misread your post.

Sparta has never selected members of government based on seniority. That's just not the way we roll. I had someone express concern about this the other day. (I suspect they felt they got the shaft somewhere along the line, hence why they brought it up to me) Sparta selects members of govt based on capability and availability. If you're not capable, you don't get the job. If you not available, you don't get the job. Considering as both you and Necro were both members of Sparta gov, I find your comments a bit surprising that either of you would elude to anything else other then that. Sometimes, poor decisions are made, but tough. That is the way things go. Try not to ragequit over it. Sparta govt tries to make the best decisions they can with the information they have at that time. Olaf put in a considerable amount of time in several areas of govt before being promoted to king. To imply that olaf had not put in as much time into the alliance, as compared to others, is gross misinformation quite honestly.
[/quote]

Jeff I'm aware of how the system works, and apologies for the grammar (give me a break, I'm improving daily). When a person comes to the alliance such as Olaf did, then gets thrust into government over others, then that's safe to assume he's been grandfathered in. He just arrived when I did, I think, or shortly before (second visit). He jumped from member to government very swiftly. This is what I think maybe Necro was getting at? I don't knock him being king, as I said I enjoyed reading his posts on here, he made me laugh lots. You know it happens through friends knowing other friends in the alliance. It just doesn't happen very often within Sparta. But it does happen.

Christ, I pretty much walked into government upon coming back to you guys the second time. There were others that could have done a better job and were longer time served.

Again apologies for the grammar Jeff, I'm taking night classes after work to try and improve it.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

"My name is Luka, I live on the second floor,..."

Olaf better keep on trucking in ODN, such gems are only worth it if they are always exposed and not boxed.
Can we get at least an official version of the reason why Olaf retired?

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1288088074' post='2493480']
Any reason in particular that has caused Olaf to apply for membership at ODN?
[/quote]
He was/is best buddies with them during his reign. It makes sense to me for him to retire in one of his favorite non-Spartan communities.

Also hiro, as for you "walking" back into government, we promoted you so quickly because you were government once before, and we knew you know what you are doing. You were/are a great econ guy, and at that particular time we valued your experience and willingness to contribute over your membership length (the second time around). This happens in every alliance, and you can ask any government. If...let's say...Tums decided to leave Fark and joined Sparta, and then decided she wanted to get involved in gov, you bet your ass we would put her some where if there was a spot open. She's experienced, and in this game experience > everything when promoting government members.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1288112637' post='2493602']
He was/is best buddies with them during his reign. It makes sense to me for him to retire in one of his favorite non-Spartan communities.

Also hiro, as for you "walking" back into government, we promoted you so quickly because you were government once before, and we knew you know what you are doing. You were/are a great econ guy, and at that particular time we valued your experience and willingness to contribute over your membership length (the second time around). This happens in every alliance, and you can ask any government. If...let's say...Tums decided to leave Fark and joined Sparta, and then decided she wanted to get involved in gov, you bet your ass we would put her some where if there was a spot open. She's experienced, and in this game experience > everything when promoting government members.
[/quote]

I never thought of it like that Hyperion. Please don't take what I was saying earlier as me slanting Olaf, I enjoy his posting style. It just appeared he became government very swiftly. I think maybe that was what Necro was on about. Or I'm stark raving mad and I should be ignored? <<<probably this.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1288113411' post='2493610']
Well, Nec was advanced into government faster than normal as well because of his experience. If anyone can understand Olaf's quick climb it's him :P
[/quote]

Yea, I wasn't sure about Necro, I remember him being someone's RL friend or something.(possibly yours?)then he was Government, I don't know about his previous antics.

Also Hyperion <3

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288113877' post='2493613']
Yea, I wasn't sure about Necro, I remember him being someone's RL friend or something.(possibly yours?)then he was Government, I don't know about his previous antics.

Also Hyperion <3
[/quote]
disregard.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1288113877' post='2493613']

Also Hyperion <3
[/quote]

I did receive special favors, but that is not relevant to this. The only "experience" I had was on account of those connections. Face it, Hyp, most of Sparta's current and former government should never have been leadership, myself included. I should never be government in any alliance, ever.

Edited by Necromancer V4L