FnKa Announcement

DeadAnimal

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285959820' post='2471291']
This is a weird thing to say. As far as I know, all the people who are attacking ninjas and FnKa are treatied to us and are doing stuff through MDPs.
[/quote]

Apologies for the lack of clarity, but that was my point; that the nations engaging us are already allied to you. Hence why I felt a hypothetical bloc announcement containing these alliances would change nothing.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delector' timestamp='1285875096' post='2470057']
Make Aspen leave peace mode and I will think about that! As I told you 3 times: there is no target in my range atm! I canĀ“t tell you how sorry I am about this!!!!

:nuke:
[/quote]

And im the only one in your range? What reason does tR have to be invovled in this current moment. As far as i am aware. There has been only one DoW. FnKa on GOONS.

[quote name='Aspen' timestamp='1285975558' post='2471611']
And im the only one in your range? What reason does tR have to be invovled in this current moment. As far as i am aware. There has been only one DoW. FnKa on GOONS.
[/quote]

Just as good of a reason that you used to attack GOONS.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285959820' post='2471291']
This is a weird thing to say. As far as I know, all the people who are attacking ninjas and FnKa are treatied to us and are doing stuff through MDPs.
[/quote]
Didn't some Kronos nation get involved? Unless their treaties to your MDP partners are chaining, it'd be an ODP commitment.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1285965513' post='2471396']
While I understand where you are coming from, something you are saying here has bothered me for a while now. Not specifically about GOONS mind you, but in general. What part of "GOONS & friends are going to reduce these attacking nations to dust.' isn't a consequence? Unless these nations stick around for months, I am seriously doubting they will end up doing more damage then they take by the end of this. There is such a thing as potential lost, which holding them in anarchy/at ZI will do. Having people pay reps for months on end removes them from the playing field entirely, and is boring for everyone, so maybe alternative surrender terms would be better.
[/quote]
So what should the consequences of waging an unprovoked/aggressive war be? I'm actually genuinely interested in this as I've heard it peddled around from the Ninjas and from various other talking heads in these public discussions.

I agree in principle that reps shouldn't be some year-long torturous process [i]a la[/i] NPO, TOP etc because it serves to create a bloody boring world; but the argument I see from you and others is that we'd holding them in war, which is bad, right? Well what the $%&@ are they doing to us by dumping a bunch of nukes on us if not dampening our growth and war-fighting ability? They're allowed to do something that you guys define as being wrong but we're not? It cuts both ways as far as I can see, and I think any fair-minded person would agree.

Edit: As to alternatives, perhaps the model of our mercy board might be a fairer method to implement in the future in lieu of harsh reparations, perhaps? :P

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1285975733' post='2471615']
Didn't some Kronos nation get involved? Unless their treaties to your MDP partners are chaining, it'd be an ODP commitement.
[/quote]I hear there's an interesting story behind that and more information is to come of it soon, but that's not for here.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1285979715' post='2471711']
So what should the consequences of waging an unprovoked/aggressive war be? I'm actually genuinely interested in this as I've heard it peddled around from the Ninjas and from various other talking heads in these public discussions.

I agree in principle that reps shouldn't be some year-long torturous process [i]a la[/i] NPO, TOP etc because it serves to create a bloody boring world; but the argument I see from you and others is that we'd holding them in war, which is bad, right? Well what the $%&@ are they doing to us by dumping a bunch of nukes on us if not dampening our growth and war-fighting ability? They're allowed to do something that you guys define as being wrong but we're not? It cuts both ways as far as I can see, and I think any fair-minded person would agree.

Edit: As to alternatives, perhaps the model of our mercy board might be a fairer method to implement in the future in lieu of harsh reparations, perhaps? :P
[/quote]
People are going to deny us the right to a fair shake because of who we are. We're GOONS, the scourge of Bob, regardless of what we do or don't do. Some other alliance does something and then GOONS does the same thing? Hail that other alliance! But those GOONS... [size="7"][b]@#$! 'em![/b][/size]

As for the mercy board... people already have huge misconceptions of what our mercy board is. Getting them to wrap their head around the idea that it's actually not that bad would constitute a huge paradigm shift for them.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1285823914' post='2469422']
This is an interesting conflict with the precedences it will set. On one hand it allows for GOONS actions to move into the realm of acceptable, and allows the attacker or the alliance with the most friends to define what is a sovereign and what is a rouge action; and on the other it effectively destroys alliance Sovereignty and encourages mob rule.
[/quote]
Personally i think we would have alot more fun if we had more Ninjas v GOONS..NOT more Ninjas v whatever your bloc is named.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1285982742' post='2471751']
I see another Unjust war, where GOONs crap get them disbanded again
[/quote]
Why would anyone want to mess with our fecal material? :blink:

[quote name='Aspen' timestamp='1285975558' post='2471611']
[/quote]

Did you read your own OP? What does TR have to do with GOONS indeed.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1285984230' post='2471770']
Did you read your own OP? What does TR have to do with GOONS indeed.
[/quote]

"...before you started letting ex-tR members join."

I do believe you confuse our distaste of a specific group of people with the distaste for an entire AA. This group at one time happened to be in tR. Now you are mostly in GOONS. Hence the label 'ex-tR members. I really didn't think it was all that complex or odious.

[/quote]

Wishful thinking does not a solution create... "yoda(ish)"

Best of luck FnKa ... you guys rock ;)..

oo/

[/quote]Forcibly disbanding alliances is bad unless it's GOONS.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1285982200' post='2471741']
Personally i think we would have alot more fun if we had more Ninjas v GOONS..NOT more Ninjas v whatever your bloc is named.
[/quote]

You do realize that GOONS are fighting Kerberos Nexus, UOKMB, and FkNa at the same time, so even if we didn't involve our allies, it's still not going to be 1v1. But thanks for your input. I'm sure we're all very concerned about what's more fun to an uninvolved third party.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1285983490' post='2471755']
Why would anyone want to mess with our fecal material? :blink:
[/quote]

For one...ya'll been a tad irregular lately and well...

...just ease up on the TP. The stuff doesn't grow on trees. Ok, yes in fact it does grow on trees, but we've had Roto-Rooter out at the Planet Bob communal toilets twice this week already because things were backing up so badly.

Butt hurt much? It must. :smug:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1285979715' post='2471711']

I agree in principle that reps shouldn't be some year-long torturous process [i]a la[/i] NPO, TOP etc because it serves to create a bloody boring world;[b] but the argument I see from you and others is that we'd holding them in war, which is bad, right?[/b] Well what the $%&@ are they doing to us by dumping a bunch of nukes on us if not dampening our growth and war-fighting ability? They're allowed to do something that you guys define as being wrong but we're not? It cuts both ways as far as I can see, and I think any fair-minded person would agree.

[/quote]

re: the bolded part: Not bad, just a consequence. If you remember back during the Karma negotiations at the end, there was a lot of talk of holding NPO in war for a couple weeks(or just their peace mode nations, I'm not sure) as a prerequisite of giving them peace. I've never seen a peace negotiation, so I don't know how the winning side factors in the damage they already did to the losing side. It just seems like that never gets mentioned when people talk about the terms afterwards. I was just suggesting that since reps are reprehensible, alternatives like keeping them at war a bit longer might work better.

As far as your mercy board goes, I've never actually seen it. I do know though that one persons idea of a joke is another person's idea of humiliation. I'm sure you've had people who enjoyed having to go there, and you probably had people who quit rather then do it too.

Ive never posted on OWF because the merely reading OWF quotes on the GOONS (and previously tR) forums expose me to such a level of fact-less, egotistical, trolling garbage that I can feel my IQ sinking down the same hole that eats any intelligent comments in this place. That said I had to make an appearance for this one. I just spent a ton of $ on infra the day before we got declared on and I was pretty mad...until I saw who it was. Being a founding member of Fnka and then a tR member from its founding until shortly after the moneybaggs tech thief war went down, so I know all the dirt there is to know about this lot. Let me join Delector's desire to roll Aspen by saying that if Aspen comes out of peace mode I will do everything in my power to ruin his nation. This war isnt about GOON raiding policy or bad PR, this war is about Silent Fury's ego and trying to get back at the former tR members who went to GOONS (mostly the ones that rolled him for getting involved in the aforementioned war). For the record Fury- I was one of the people who wanted you at ZI, and you got off way too easy for the mutiny you pulled and hopping on Christian Trojans' bandwagon in the moneybaggs indecent.

To the Fnka members that have no idea who I am, I dont have any quarrel with you, I actually feel sorry for you not knowing what I do about your government, but anyone who hits me is gonna get it like I am fighting the old schoolers who my real problem is with. Any day I can fight people from these clown's camp or anyone from TPE, is a great day.

Edited by Strwbrylaughytaffy

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285985149' post='2471784']
I do believe you confuse our distaste of a specific group of people with the distaste for an entire AA. This group at one time happened to be in tR. Now you are mostly in GOONS. Hence the label 'ex-tR members. I really didn't think it was all that complex or odious.
[/quote]
What ever did we do to you? And not just to you personally, but to those who were once in tR and hate us so much? Ya we're not angels and we didn't get along, but...it goes to this level? I don't think I need to list all the crap your side pulled compared to...So why the simmering hate on us? It seemed we had all moved on, but I guess not? The irony of course is than quite a few ex-FnKa members stayed with tR or came to GOONS and can't stand you derpwads either. Meanwhile not a single member of our 'side' ever saw your perspective.

Well anyway if you could only see our boards and realize how happy we are (though knowing you, you probably can). We moved on but ya we don't like you either. And you went and handed yourselves to us on a silver platter with all the arrogance and derp we've come to love you for. And you shall burn for it.

Enjoy your war FnKa, I know I will.

[quote name='Strwbrylaughytaffy' timestamp='1285999202' post='2472011']
Ive never posted on OWF because the merely reading OWF quotes on the GOONS (and previously tR) forums expose me to such a level of fact-less, egotistical, trolling garbage that I can feel my IQ sinking down the same hole that eats any intelligent comments in this place. That said I had to make an appearance for this one. I just spent a ton of $ on infra the day before we got declared on and I was pretty mad...until I saw who it was. Being a founding member of Fnka and then a tR member from its founding until shortly after the moneybaggs tech thief war went down, so I know all the dirt there is to know about this lot. Let me join Delector's desire to roll Aspen by saying that if Aspen comes out of peace mode I will do everything in my power to ruin his nation. This war isnt about GOON raiding policy or bad PR, this war is about Silent Fury's ego and trying to get back at the former tR members who went to GOONS (mostly the ones that rolled him for getting involved in the aforementioned war). For the record Fury- I was one of the people who wanted you at ZI, and you got off way too easy for the mutiny you pulled and hopping on Christian Trojans' bandwagon in the moneybaggs indecent.

To the Fnka members that have no idea who I am, I dont have any quarrel with you, I actually feel sorry for you not knowing what I do about your government, but anyone who hits me is gonna get it like I am fighting the old schoolers who my real problem is with. Any day I can fight people from these clown's camp or anyone from TPE, is a great day.
[/quote]

I truly wish you were more active through our time in FnKa and tR.

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285985149' post='2471784']
"...before you started letting ex-tR members join."

[/quote]

It's odious because we're GOONS now. It's insulting because you're implying we 'fled' to GOONS or something and now you're taking out some noble venture against my new alliance as punishment for letting us join. You're the ones, who should have been hunted across the globe, not us, for what you did.

I had been content to completely forget about you imbeciles and go about a new 'life' here it seems you've boldly dragged your alliance to the destruction it rightfully deserves. While I still cannot believe you guys are convinced what you did was right, I am glad it will end in nuclear fire and hopefully humiliation for what you are labeling "political convenience".

What I couldn't get my old allies to do, it seems, you've done yourselves. Bravo, sirs, truly a masterstroke.

And, I think you'll find the TR of today hates you about as much as the one you left in shambles, regardless of whether or not you're only trying to persecute a small group of GOONS for their non-crimes. Launching a surprise nuclear attack in the middle of the night for no reason, while an admirable trend, kind of sticks in the memory.

I say this to FnKa, not necessarily to you since I don't even know you, but since you're the mouthpiece of that misguided clan unfortunately I had to quote you.

Good day.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1285818390' post='2469239']
Yeah, this is brilliant. Instead of being intelligent and charting a course of action to effectively oppose those you disagree with you decide to suicide run at them. All the while spouting the most ridiculous rhetoric in an attempt to define yourselves as crusaders. You're not crusaders. You're idiots.
[/quote]

You spouted this same nonsense rhetoric to the Ninjas. Pray tell, how in this game's currently deadlocked political climate could any amount of political maneuvering accomplish anything of the sort? You're talking down at FnKa as if you're some brilliantly intelligent authority on the matter of war and politics; it's ironic, because what you've said here is dumb in the extreme. Were they to follow your advice, in several months they'd still have accomplished nothing, and they'd still have [i]done[/i] nothing. Whether or not they feel they have high chances of making a difference here, they at least had the guts and belief in their cause to make the attempt.

Lose the veneer of worldliness. It's several sizes too large for you.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1285818775' post='2469251']
Its not courage, its stupidity.

I can't even begin to list all times in CN where anybody paying attention learns two important facts.

1. Mad suicide runs at people you don't like accomplish nothing but your own demise. Waiting for (or making) a proper political climate to effect change is far more effective. Ask Vox.

2.Moral stands don't work if you [i]lose[/i]. You prove nothing by getting creamed by a stronger opponent. Ask Gre.
[/quote]

No, Typo, it's not absolute stupidity; it's only stupidity to you and to others like you, to whom the descriptor of "intelligent" act encompasses only that which will let you keep your safety and thus your power, regardless if it will also leave you spineless and functionally worthless.

Edited by Crymson