Ninja Election Announcement

nutkase

Accusations of cowardice coming from those who have professed undying hatred towards us while refusing multiple opportunities to fight are pathetic.

By all means, continue to allow the alliances that answer your rallying call of "Roll GOONS!" to be cut down one by one.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1285740305' post='2467941']
A DoW for what is in essence a grouping of rogues seems hardly necessary.
[/quote]
Charter...Established..Been here for months...Keep E-lawyering. We're not going anywhere man, if you can't let Goons be big boys, at least have the courage to DoW. It's embarrassing right? Having 4 alliances declare on 11 nations? So, what you'll do is pretend we're not an alliance? Please. Going to declare war, do it rightfully.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285740304' post='2467940']
And why, in any logical world, would we?
[/quote]

I don't know, maybe to show us that you guys aren't cowards? That you guys will actually put fight behind your words, instead of your allies? Come on. GOONS has over 200 nations. It's not like you need the help of all of your allies or anything.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285740353' post='2467944']
Then maybe GOONS shouldn't run around asking for fights with 12 man AA's if they can't handle them. I mean sure the bulk of the Ninja's are in range of about 30 GOON nations and GOONS would outnumber them more than 3 to 1, but that's just not enough advantage it would seem.

It would be differnt imo if GOONS hadn't specfically went out of their way to ask for this fight over several days.
[/quote]

GOONS doesn't really have a choice, the fine print in our treaty states that they are obligated to share any wars with us, else face the fury of SPH. Nobody wants that.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1285740468' post='2467949']
I'm torn. On the one hand, I like Ejay. On the other, the people posting !@#$ about "HOW DARE GOONS' ALLIES ATTACK THEIR ENEMIES YOU ARE COWARDS RAAAAR" are complete idiots.
[/quote]
I love you snufflins, but tell your beautiful allies to DoW us and show us at least that much respect if they can't allow Goons to fight for themselves. Us Ninjas been here for a long time, we're an alliance and have been; hence why good people like GOD would come over asking how our progression was.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285740185' post='2467932']
We are not the first alliance to tech raid, nor will we be the last.

People just can't help but be fascinated by us, and I suppose we should be flattered.
[/quote]

The reason GOONS is shown in a different light then other tech raider alliances is based on how you go about tech raiding.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1285740305' post='2467941']
A DoW for what is in essence a grouping of rogues seems hardly necessary.
[/quote]

I'd say the Ninja's hardly count as a group of rogues. Not like Methrage and his band of morons. They had a protectorate and have been a community member for a significant amount of time now and have a total NS of over 500k with 10+ members and most would recognize them as an alliance. And while there reasons for war might not be good they certainly aren't completely unjustified in choosing to attack.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285740433' post='2467947']
Charter...Established..Been here for months...Keep E-lawyering. We're not going anywhere man, if you can't let Goons be big boys, at least have the courage to DoW. It's embarrassing right? Having 4 alliances declare on 11 nations? So, what you'll do is pretend we're not an alliance? Please. Going to declare war, do it rightfully.
[/quote]

How can this be about courage, it's not like we're denying we're countering on you. I really don't care one way or the other, if we don't DoW in the end, one can only be indifferent about it. It would be comparable to putting a paper sign next to a hole in the ground, saying that it is indeed a hole.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1285740601' post='2467957']
I'd say the Ninja's hardly count as a group of rogues. Not like Methrage and his band of morons. They had a protectorate and have been a community member for a significant amount of time now and have a total NS of over 500k with 10+ members and most would recognize them as an alliance. And while there reasons for war might not be good they certainly aren't completely unjustified in choosing to attack.
[/quote]

They went rogue on GOONS - which, mind you, I'm not trying to decry - but really, the fact that they have more than 10 members doesn't change that.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1285740672' post='2467962']
How can this be about courage, it's not like we're denying we're countering on you. I really don't care one way or the other, if we don't DoW in the end, one can only be indifferent about it. It would be comparable to putting a paper sign next to a hole in the ground, saying that it is indeed a hole.
[/quote]
But, what if a poor old lady fell in said hole?

Just do it. It wont hurt, I promise. :) Though, we'd like this to stay between us and The Goons..hopefully they'll grow a pair.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1285740800' post='2467965']
They went rogue on GOONS - which, mind you, I'm not trying to decry - but really, the fact that they have more than 10 members doesn't change that.
[/quote]
We declared war.

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1285740800' post='2467965']
[/quote]

Many many GOONS challenged them to a fight. I don't see that as going rogue. They gave GOONS what GOONS asked for.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285740551' post='2467953']
I love you snufflins, but tell your beautiful allies to DoW us and show us at least that much respect if they can't allow Goons to fight for themselves. Us Ninjas been here for a long time, we're an alliance and have been; hence why good people like GOD would come over asking how our progression was.
[/quote]

I sincerely doubt anyone would listen to [i]me[/i] on something like that, lol. Though I do agree you deserve the courtesy at least.

By the way, I'm going to be seriously pissed with you if this turns out to be your ride into the sunset.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1285741012' post='2467970']
I sincerely doubt anyone would listen to [i]me[/i] on something like that, lol. Though I do agree you deserve the courtesy at least.

By the way, I'm going to be seriously pissed with you if this turns out to be your ride into the sunset.
[/quote]
Unlike others, I don't need to ride the sunset to show my marbles, nor the rest of my brothers. This war is about The Ninjas; I'll follow them wherever we lead one another.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285740860' post='2467966']
But, what if a poor old lady fell in said hole?

Just do it. It wont hurt, I promise. :) Though, we'd like this to stay between us and The Goons..hopefully they'll grow a pair.

We declared war.
[/quote]

That's not fair, you know I'm a sucker for a lady in distress :(

If one was to describe the act of going rogue, he would state that it's suicidally declaring war on somebody because you don't like them. It could have been considered on the border to being an irrational offensive war had you any prospects of getting it to escalate, but really, the only thing that would count towards this being a war would be the fact that you have a few members, and that you've announced it here. Lets compromise and go with "a rogue-like war, sort of"

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285739364' post='2467903']
The point is that you know that your friends will come to your rescue so you go around making inflammatory comments fully expecting your allies to back you up if, god forbid, someone actually takes you up on your offer. That is a cowardly act.
[/quote]
Oh please. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Inflammatory comments you say? You mean those people who pour into the threads Methage and UOKMB make and cheer them on as they attack our alliance for no justifiable reason and who merely cloak themselves in the language of morality while we rip apart their position I admit biting. That's inflammatory? What's inflammatory is how they pound on how bad we are, how mean, how evil, how oppressive without listening to what we say and how casually they pay no attention to our position. You know what we would do different if our friends didn't back us? Nothing, because we're GOONS. People are just at a boiling point from a peace that has lasted to long and have seized on the tech raiding argument as the new great evil to be purged.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285739566' post='2467912']
Do you not attack individual nations and alliances without a CB or in fact a DOW? I think I can go through your war history and come up with numerous examples. And of course, the justification for this is that "they are not recognized alliances". This is an acceptable act while responding to overtly belligerent comments is a "dangerous precedent"?
[/quote]
Our Charter lays out what we recognize as an alliance and that is 15 members or a group with an diplomatic ties. Anything that does not fall within this is open to tech raiding. Since GOONS is a tech raiding alliance we needed some firm definition of where we can draw the line and there it is. Your opinion clearly differs and that's fine, but why do you expect us to follow yours/others beliefs on this matter?

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1285741087' post='2467971']
Unlike others, I don't need to ride the sunset to show my marbles, nor the rest of my brothers. This war is about The Ninjas; I'll follow them wherever we lead one another.
[/quote]

I didn't mean it quite that way, more in the sense that if you burn yourself out or something over this I will kill you. Hope you don't mind me not especially wishing you luck since you're breaking out the bats on an ally, though. :|

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1285740289' post='2467939']
In this case, "innocence" would be your repeated claims that Ninja's do not have justification to attack you. Which, as just about anyone who has looked through [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91676"]this guy[/url] right here knows, doesn't really qualify as innocent.
[/quote]
Justification is subjective. I don't think it's "justified", and I wouldn't feel it if I were in The Ninjas' shoes. It's obviously justified to them, though, and it's entertaining, so I don't find it worth arguing over.

That being said, back to the original point, whether or not we are "innocent", we are still defending ourselves. Defense and innocence are not intrinsically linked.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1285740938' post='2467968']
Many many GOONS challenged them to a fight. I don't see that as going rogue. They gave GOONS what GOONS asked for.
[/quote]

Every single rogue ever felt like they were giving whomever they declared on "what they deserve", that's a really bad argument.

[quote]They went rogue on GOONS - which, mind you, I'm not trying to decry - but really, the fact that they have more than 10 members doesn't change that.[/quote]

So where do you draw the line? Thats what got Athens screwed and chewed out by the world when we raided Knights of Ni and they were an inactive and worthless alliance who's only "ally" was MASH another hulking heap of nations who did nothing in this game. The Ninjas have been far more significant than Knights of Ni with 1/4 of the members. If you want to carry on that line of argument you could honestly call all alliances that aren't sanctioned not real alliances and that all of their DoWs are really excuses to go rogue as they aren't recognized by the all holy Admin. Hell in that case you could argue that NPO put down MK in NoCB because they were a potential rogue threat. What they had 150 members? Psht Pacifica had 900+ nations so who cares? I mean that's the kind of logic that is dominating this thread.

Lastly I hope GOONs is fine after crushing this ALLIANCE and I wish them best of luck in dealing with this war. I actually like GOONs I just think this calling whoever we want a rogue business is ridiculous.

The Goons called us out a few days ago. Here is the thing: We were the same people then as we are now, except we had an MDP. Why didn't Goons attack us? Because we were an alliance with a treaty? We've been here for awhile, we're not rogues. We're not "roguing and committing suicide." We declared war. We're not ones to say we lost till...well...ever.

We're an alliance, just like last week. If we're rogues now, we were rogues last week, and from what I hear, Goons like tech raiding those not considered "alliances." Hence, what stopped you? A treaty? And now you're allies help with 11 members? No offense, but as you knew for awhile, you could have handled this yourselves. Also, surprised you weren't militarized. :smug:

Edited by Ejayrazz