List of ungoverned conditional protectorates

Ogaden

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1284491585' post='2453806']
That's nothing but semantics. I don't see how it's any different if one alliance does it or if a group does it. How is it a step towards a Brown #5 in any way? It's a very tenuous leap of logic to say "they're protecting a specific AA of trade partners, thus they will soon try to protect unaligneds on their entire team". Even if Brown had some sort of sinister plan, how could they possibly enforce a Brown #5? Who on Brown has that kind of clout? Nobody. Besides, even if we accept your logic with regards to a Brown #5, who's to say RIA won't soon expand theirs to all of Maroon? They won't of course, my point is that there's nothing especially sinister about a group of alliances doing this as opposed to a single alliance.

As to the requirements to be on those AAs, people in this thread have made it sound like there's no admissions process for either, you're just protected unless you do something dumb. Not positive if that's the case though.

-Bama
[/quote]
Reading may not be everybodies strong point so ill try this

IF: You are maroon OR Brown and donot want to be part of an alliance(or whatever) then you can fly these AAs. Last time i checked the RIA Trade Partner AA had THREE nations on it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284490370' post='2453787']
Would this include protection from sanctions? (Could a trade partner feel safe that if they do get sanctioned, you'll remove it)
[/quote]

Seen as how people don't get sanctioned without cause, your questions stand in conflict. As stated earlier, any mess you start is yours to deal with, which by extension includes any rogue action and any resulting sanctions. Expressly, if you don't start anything, you have nothing to fear.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1284492317' post='2453822']
Reading may not be everybodies strong point so ill try this

IF: You are maroon OR Brown and donot want to be part of an alliance(or whatever) then you can fly these AAs. Last time i checked the RIA Trade Partner AA had THREE nations on it.
[/quote]
It's actually 8 at the moment.

Would this include protection from sanctions? (Could a trade partner feel safe that if they do get sanctioned, you'll remove it)
[/quote]
Considering the requirements for protection and the fact that the senate on Maroon consists of CSN, RIA and GOD, I don't think that's likely to be much of an issue one way or the other.

Edited by Delta1212

[/quote]
As sanctions are typically a reaction to someone doing something stupid, like going rogue on an alliance with nuclear weapons, protection wouldn't apply in most cases. The only times I can see us getting involved with sanctions is if a senator went rogue and started sanctioning everyone, but ... yeah.

So, no, you can't join the Brown Trade Partner AA and expect the GATO senator to remove your sanction, Methrage.

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1284493170' post='2453833']
Seen as how people don't get sanctioned without cause, your questions stand in conflict. As stated earlier, any mess you start is yours to deal with, which by extension includes any rogue action and any resulting sanctions. Expressly, if you don't start anything, you have nothing to fear.
[/quote]
I don't see what I did to provoke GOD, my war with GOONS who are a black team alliance shouldn't cause a sanction on maroon. I did nothing to cause economic instability on maroon, but if I had trades with maroon at the time GOD's actions would of. If I was on maroon with all my trades there it would have an even more damaging effect to the sphere.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284502861' post='2453970']
I don't see what I did to provoke GOD, my war with GOONS who are a black team alliance shouldn't cause a sanction on maroon. I did nothing to cause economic instability on maroon, but if I had trades with maroon at the time GOD's actions would of. If I was on maroon with all my trades there it would have an even more damaging effect to the sphere.
[/quote]

It would be really awesome if you quit trying to make every thread be about you.

Edited by Aurion

kulomascovia contacted me, apparently Celestial Being allows ghosting of their applicant AA as a means of avoiding raids, through their "Temporary Member" program :blink:

Seems a bit odd but hey.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1284511430' post='2454144']
Our alliance rather comically belongs on this list. I'm pretty sure we meet the ungoverned criterion, it's whether we qualify as a conditional protectorate or not that's questionable. :blush:
[/quote]

If Créole needs protection, than the rest of us need to seriously re-evaluate. And try not to feel insufficient when comparing Avg. NS.

[quote]I'm a little confused here. They're the same thing, but on different colors and administrated by different alliances. What makes the Brown one any less "valid" than the RIA one? [/quote]

NSO's in charge of yours. NSO has done enough to other alliances that many other alliances won't just accept NSO's request not to attack certain nations. And frankly, why should they honor that request? Since when has NSO been diplomatic in any way, or willing to follow others' requests?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1284516308' post='2454247']
If Créole needs protection, than the rest of us need to seriously re-evaluate. And try not to feel insufficient when comparing Avg. NS.
[/quote]
There once was an alliance named Onyx Hand, relatively small FCC spin off of a dozen members or so but adjusting for inflation of a NS composition somewhere between FnKa and OBR. Isolationist policy drive, libertarian, the normal pre-Citadel FCC mentality. In the end they got tech raided into oblivion by Poison Clan.

Small neutral alliances are not inherently safe, or fairly large ones like Knights of Ni!, just because they're holding onto nukes and sizable nation strength. In our case we place a heavy emphasis on foreign affairs and it's fairly safe to assume that regardless being an announced protectorate of NpO & Fark most raiding alliances would be wise enough to leave us be, but so long as our friends consider it in their interests to make our status clear we're not going to complain.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284502861' post='2453970']
[/quote]

What is your deal? This thread has nothing to do with you, but once again, it has to be about you.

Even in the cases where I agree with you (and there are quite a few) you come across as such a "OMG ME ME ME!!!!!" jerk that I hate to give you any support.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1284505905' post='2454026']
I'm not really sure why Kiekfreak is being such a moron for no apparent reason. I also am not quite sure why we needed a list of two treaties.
[/quote]
Check the post after yours its now THREE! :P

*insert picture of The Count*