Best and Worst Military Alliances (2010 Edition)

Batallion

882 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1283114290' post='2434927']
As mentioned in the OP, Asgaard has never really fought and shown themselves as great fighters, so no one really knows you guys well enough. Also, Argent performed very poorly last war, I didn't add them in for great reason.
[/quote]

I can understand the lack of being known, but we didn't make the top 5 list of wars per nation last war for no reason at all, and we have more WRCs than some of those on the list and the design of a fighting alliance. The very least you should of done is make a discussion thread before hand or listed some alliances in an 'honorable mentions' category, because Argent did fight pretty well to anyone who faced them.

You can't purely base an alliance's fighting ability on their most recent war.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1283113868' post='2434912']
NPO wouldn't really have to do anything(i.e. enter a war) to be the best. The poll didn't ask who was the most effective, or had been the most active recently. Simply: "Who has the best military?"

Since you have ask:
* NPO paid off the harshest reparations in the history of the game, and became a top-tiered alliance again.
* NPO is currently in the #2 spot in score, nation strength, and members. All behind MHA, who is not on that part on the list.
* NPO has the most nukes at 4,197.
* NPO has the more Manhattan Projects, Strategic Defense Initiatives, Hidden Nuclear Missle Silos and Pentagons than any other alliance.
* NPO #3 with the most Weapons Research Complexes, only due to the lack of technology from reparations.
* NPO has a rigorous system of admitting new nations.
* NPO has a magnificent bank. Arguably one of the best in the game, if not [i]the[/i] best.

It's a pretty impressive record for the past 4 months. That is what they have done to deserve my vote. Either way, it's an accomplishment to be proud of.
[/quote]
I love this. So despite having fought in a grand total of zero wars this year, the NPO is the best military alliance of 2010? That slightly glaring inadequacy aside, your reasoning is delightful. You have an rigorous acceptance system of new nations which makes you a military super power? You lack of tech makes you strong? "We paid reps, so we must have a good military coordination system!." "MHA, a strong, powerful alliance, is not on the list and they are #1 ins core, so therefore we must be first!"

A completely untested military who have [i]some[/i] pretty stats (and yet are lacking in the rather important tech department) whose justifications include having a rather nice entrance academy seems[i] a little [/i]far-fetched to me.

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1283113868' post='2434912']
Since you have ask:
* NPO paid off the harshest reparations in the history of the game, and became a top-tiered alliance again.
[/quote]
http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Technology_Purchased&Alliance=New%20Pacific%20Order

With such a mighty average tech for their top tier they surely are a force to be feared!

Edited by Lord Gobb

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1283114214' post='2434923']
You're a fool if you are trying to argue against Umbrella being the best military force on Bob. Ask anyone who has ever fought against or alongside of them, the best you can do is make a claim that MK and Umbrella are equals because of their various alliance types and styles. But saying anyone is better than Umbrella... :lol1:
[/quote]
Imma let you finish, but NSO is the best. B-)

Anyways, seeing how obviously biased poll is biased, I'm just going to go for the bigger, better version of NSO.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283114289' post='2434925']
Not really, no. :smug:

DAWN started the war at 80+k avg and ended it with about 12k. Golan1st started at 150k and within a few weeks had a tiny, tiny nation. It was probably the most disastrous military performance from a so-called "elite" alliance I've ever seen. Our upper tier (actually the whole alliance tbh!) was a paragon of excellence.
[/quote]

Umbrella is no DAWN, I guarantee you they could probably take on MK alone despite having 140 less members.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283113987' post='2434913']
I didn't. I thought they'd come to their senses and end it in a week or two.[b] Even so, paperless.[/b]
[/quote]
Thats pretty low dismissing their friendship after they came to your aid. Paperless treaty or not it says a lot about how you see your "real friends" which is what you people were all about back then. Real friends dont need treaties, yeah? Real friends indeed.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1283114563' post='2434937']
Imma let you finish, but NSO is the best. B-)

Anyways, seeing how obviously biased poll is biased, I'm just going to go for the bigger, better version of NSO.
[/quote]

Biased towards who or what? Lol, I'm totally neutral here, you're just mad.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1283114075' post='2434918']
No. IRON did almost no damage to anyone after the second round of war and were barely engaged with their opponents. Alliances were being pulled off IRON throughout the war.

[/quote]
So the reps you demanded from them are what, just your greed?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283114289' post='2434925']
Not really, no. :smug:

DAWN started the war at 80+k avg and ended it with about 12k. Golan1st started at 150k and within a few weeks had a tiny, tiny nation. It was probably the most disastrous military performance from a so-called "elite" alliance I've ever seen. Our upper tier (actually the whole alliance tbh!) was a paragon of excellence.
[/quote]

Whatever rocks your boat, considering your attitude you would not even admit it if evidence to the contrary war shown.
As i said earlier, in my opinion MK has a good military but they're not the best.

^
My attitude is because I'm so completely sure of what I'm saying and I have mountains of experience to prove it.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283114692' post='2434940']
Thats pretty low dismissing their friendship after they came to your aid. Paperless treaty or not it says a lot about how you see your "real friends" which is what you people were all about back then. Real friends dont need treaties, yeah? Real friends indeed.
[/quote]
After Gre became what it was, they were hardly "real friends". They almost ruined our war effort and obstructed peace for two weeks.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

I chose TOP. Umbrella is a close second. If the last year didn't include the BiPolar War (and thus, 230 nations of 75K ANS all going nuclear in war), it would probably be switched. MK is third.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1283114290' post='2434927']
As mentioned in the OP, Asgaard has never really fought and shown themselves as great fighters, so no one really knows you guys well enough. Also, Argent performed very poorly last war, I didn't add them in for great reason.
[/quote]
You haven't talked to RIA lately, have you? It took 10 times our member count attacking us before we bowed out.

Speaking of RIA, how did you put them on the "Worst" list?

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1283114498' post='2434935']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Technology_Purchased&Alliance=New%20Pacific%20Order"]http://www.cybernati...Pacific%20Order[/url]

With such a mighty average tech for their top tier they surely are a force to be feared!
[/quote]

Wow. 2 people with a good ratio on the first page.

Voted for SNAFU for lack of flank attacks

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283114809' post='2434944']
So the reps you demanded from them are what, just your greed?
[/quote]
How about a punishment for declaring war on an uninvolved party?
But let's not go down this road. We don't need to fill yet another thread with the same old arguments. I'm pretty sure the horse is dead.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283114840' post='2434946']
After Gre became what it was, they were hardly "real friends". They almost ruined our war effort and obstructed peace for two weeks.
[/quote]
Yeah but friends are friends you dont dismiss them when they do something bad. Thats what you do to a treaty partner apparently. All that rubbish about friends are more than just treaty partners is just a big fat lie.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283115178' post='2434952']
Yeah but friends are friends you dont dismiss them when they do something bad. Thats what you do to a treaty partner apparently. All that rubbish about friends are more than just treaty partners is just a big fat lie.
[/quote]
Yeah, like how we rushed to cancel on Polar when they did some stupid things. Oh wait. The relationship was there and they were (and are) true friends. Gre, not so much.

To say nothing about how all our friends from Gre had long since vacated the alliance and joined TOP.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1283115090' post='2434951']
How about a punishment for declaring war on an uninvolved party?
But let's not go down this road. We don't need to fill yet another thread with the same old arguments. I'm pretty sure the horse is dead.
[/quote]
I thought they were so bad they barely scratched you guys. Yet you hit them for super reps. The other day SC told me Sparta got a clean slate for being rubbish on the battlefield. He is either playing down IRONs ability or you are just a bunch of money grabbing liars.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283115301' post='2434954']
Yeah, like how we rushed to cancel on Polar when they did some stupid things. Oh wait. The relationship was there and they were (and are) true friends. Gre, not so much.

To say nothing about how all our friends from Gre had long since vacated the alliance and joined TOP.
[/quote]
Look I dont know how your zany real friends thing works. Thats why I like treaties. I would burn up before ever walking on a "real friend" or saying what you said

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283114692' post='2434940']
[/quote]

Ramirus doesn't really have friends...

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283115338' post='2434955']
I thought they were so bad they barely scratched you guys. Yet you hit them for super reps. The other day SC told me Sparta got a clean slate for being rubbish on the battlefield. He is either playing down IRONs ability or you are just a bunch of money grabbing liars.
[/quote]
lol

They still declared on us, they're paying for it. Their reps were a lot lower (and indirect, too!) than TOP's because they did so much less damage. That is NOT what I said about Sparta, by the way. What I said was their crimes were nothing compared to those of others. Same reason why IRON is paying less.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1283115338' post='2434955']
[/quote]
So how about the reps being a punishment for declaring on an uninvolved party?

Good: MK, Umbrella, TOP, Fark, Fok. Voted MK out of bias.

Bad: There are so many it's hard to decided. Went with GDA because they don't get !@#$ on nearly enough by the community at large.

Edited by der_ko