Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282614140' post='2428474']
It's so cute to see a Viridian make veiled goonie threats.

/I lol'd.[/quote]

It was far from a threat, nice attempt at a bait though. Sad to see NSO mudslinging... and to think I have been saying you guys were taking your beating like men this whole ordeal... thanks for proving me wrong.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282614926' post='2428499']
[color="#0000FF"]I know I was willing to give GOONS a shot at first, but they've already proven their character. Tech raiding is one thing. Forcing nations to embarrass themselves in order to get peace for a raid is quite another. The fact you so readily embrace GOONS says quite a bit about VE.[/color]
[/quote]

Some people are more sensitive then others, after all.

Your perfectly entitled to your opinion, though seeing as how you have expressed your vehemently negitive thoughts on us in the past, I don't think any amount of rationalization about the topic at hand would change them. Though for all your rhetoric, I believe your smart enough to know in the back of your head what this ODP actually says and what it does not about the parties involved. Never would expect you to say it in public though, particularly while at war with us.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282615265' post='2428510']
There should be a prize for this level of ignorance. The NpO did not participate in the Viridicide like the GOONS did AND they helped the 2nd VE reform. I mean wow, really? What are they teaching kids in school these days?
[/quote]

They teach us how to read!
I didn't say "participate", I said sat by and watched.

Byebye!

Edited by Free Quebec

[color="#0000FF"]I know I was willing to give GOONS a shot at first, but they've already proven their character. Tech raiding is one thing. Forcing nations to embarrass themselves in order to get peace for a raid is quite another. The fact you so readily embrace GOONS says quite a bit about VE.[/color]
[/quote]

Sardonic and company have proved to me to be upstanding folks you however just seem to be bawing at everything that does not confirm to your perfect little notion of what is right.

VE has made a good choice and will find the current GOONS, which by the way is the only one that matters, to be great allies. :awesome:

Edited by Derwood1

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282615265' post='2428510']
There should be a prize for this level of ignorance. The NpO did not participate in the Viridicide like the GOONS did AND they helped the 2nd VE reform. I mean wow, really? What are they teaching kids in school these days?
[/quote]

It's funny how you ignored the fact that he said "sat by and watched" and not "actively participated in". It's allso funny how you ignored that Goon Order of Neutral Shoving is not the same as Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism.

[quote name='Free Quebec' timestamp='1282615098' post='2428505']
Maybe Egore would laugh that someone from the alliance that sat by and watched disbandment happen, now tries to tell us what Egore would think.
[/quote]

Another attempt to talk about my AA instead my post, but sorry I wasn't a Polaris members back in that day, but IIRC you were VE senator when viricide happened and since Egore isn't here let me ask to you: How you feel seeing VE treaty GOONS?

[/quote]

I'm glad you think so. Embarrassment and mutual enjoyment with a tad bit of effort are, apparently, a fine line, because writing a 1000 word persuasive piece on Triangles and Squares is really diabolical. The entire process isn't one of humiliation, but one to encourage people to have a little bit of fun and make a lulzy picture or a short satirical essay.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282614992' post='2428501']
You know Mr Damsky, you also really should thank your lucky stars that some alliances heavily tied into the Superfriends and C&G webs do not roll you for sharing [b]your[/b] views here.
[/quote]

Yes, every night when I go to sleep I thank admin that Archon has not sentenced me to EZI.

Honestly, I have no idea what that even means. I should be glad that people don't attack me because of what I say? Uh...

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1282615267' post='2428511']
It was far from a threat, nice attempt at a bait though. Sad to see NSO mudslinging... and to think I have been saying you guys were taking your beating like men this whole ordeal... thanks for proving me wrong.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Do you care to tell me what this has to do with the current conflict at all? I know we're at war, but really, what does this have to do with that? Does the fact I think VE has been wildly hypocritical and opportunistic for the last year turn me into a crying little girl all of a sudden?[/color]

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1282615483' post='2428522']
I'm glad you think so. Embarrassment and mutual enjoyment with a tad bit of effort are, apparently, a fine line, because writing a 1000 word persuasive piece on Triangles and Squares is really diabolical. The entire process isn't one of humiliation, but one to encourage people to have a little bit of fun and make a lulzy picture or a short satirical essay.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm glad to see you're buying into GOONS' rationalization for their nonsense. I'd hate to see you two best friends spewing off different lines. Might make you look a little inconsistent. Wouldn't want that now would we?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1282615267' post='2428511']
[/quote]

Thanks for trying to confuse the issue. I'll admit that I am not happy that I am fighting a VE nation in RoK's little war, but trust me that little distraction of a war has nothing to do with my comments here.

[quote name='Argin' timestamp='1282615455' post='2428519']
It's funny how you ignored the fact that he said "sat by and watched" and not "actively participated in". It's allso funny how you ignored that Goon Order of Neutral Shoving is not the same as Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism.
[/quote]

Sat by and watched? Yeah, okay, whatever there Mr Toynbee.

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282615545' post='2428525']
[color="#0000FF"]Do you care to tell me what this has to do with the current conflict at all? I know we're at war, but really, what does this have to do with that? Does the fact I think VE has been wildly hypocritical and opportunistic for the last year turn me into a crying little girl all of a sudden?[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]I'm glad to see you're buying into GOONS' rationalization for their nonsense. I'd hate to see you two best friends spewing off different lines. Might make you look a little inconsistent. Wouldn't want that now would we?[/color]
[/quote]

It has to do with the fact that your opinion of what we are, and what we plan on being have no effect on how we handle things in our alliance. I also believe the fact that we are at war is currently making your opinion bias and void.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1282603051' post='2428170']
Article II: Civility

The Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism and the Viridian Entente agree to resolve all differences in private channels, and to do their best to ensure their members treat each other with the proper decorum.
[/quote]

Two entities, neither of which can remain civil, sign a treaty.

This should void it pretty much right away.

[/quote]

Way to read one line and create your own delusional beliefs about things. I do not support their Mercy Board and I don't think it's moral, but if you had been paying attention you would know that we're willing to be friends with anyone no matter their stance on things.

You know it's too bad you never take the time to respond to my writing that actually contain facts, wouldn't you mind responding to this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91167&view=findpost&p=2428489

Pretty please, if it's not too much?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282615464' post='2428520']
Another attempt to talk about my AA instead my post, but sorry I wasn't a Polaris members back in that day, but IIRC you were VE senator when viricide happened and since Egore isn't here let me ask to you: How you feel seeing VE treaty GOONS?
[/quote]

True, is not very classy to cheap shot the Polaris AA, sorry.
I would have had problem with VE doing this in the past. GOONS was responsible for my favorite alliance dying. They had no possible interest or reason to dislike VE.
But GATO treaties NPO. VE treaties GOONS. Time changes things. I am most stubborn person I know, and I understand and fine with it.

VE decides what they are and aren't over, not disinterested 3rd parties that try to turn it into a PR hit.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1282615483' post='2428522']
[/quote]
Exactly, it is merely to show that they are willing to make the effort. It's far better than forcing people to pay huge amounts of money or not giving them any avenue at all.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1282615714' post='2428529']

Sat by and watched? Yeah, okay, whatever there Mr Toynbee.
[/quote]

Repeat what I said and then make a non-sensible reference? Sounds like a grade A post filled with an actual response.

[/quote]

I'm buying into the fact that it's an acceptable practice. You'll notice that I don't wish for tech raiding to be allowed in VE, as I don't think it's worth the hassle and it's not to the standards I expect of the alliance I call home. However, just because I don't personally want to tech raid doesn't mean that other alliances should not be able to do so. And to more specifically relate that to GOONS, they have a system set up that punishes incompetent raiders and a simple process to go about getting peace. Trying to paint us with the same brush stroke won't work.

[quote name='Creeping Death' timestamp='1282615787' post='2428530']
It has to do with the fact that your opinion of what we are, and what we plan on being have no effect on how we handle things in our alliance. I also believe the fact that we are at war is currently making your opinion bias and void.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Believe me, the fact that we're at war has nothing to do with my feelings toward VE. I've not been overly fond of your alliance for a long time, and my feelings about GOD are much stronger. Despite this war, on the other hand, I still have a fair amount of respect for RnR and RoK. Wonder why. Can't have anything to do with the way they conduct themselves can it?

As for my opinions, I doubt they will influence your policy, but I will voice them nonetheless. I could care less if you like what you hear.[/color]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1282616137' post='2428545']
Exactly, it is merely to show that they are willing to make the effort. It's far better than forcing people to pay huge amounts of money or not giving them any avenue at all.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What kind of rubbish is this? Effort for peace? Going to you and talking to you is not showing enough effort to end a war that [i]you started[/i]. Please, I'm not stupid. I know exactly what you're doing with your "Mercy" Board and so do you. The only people buying into this delusion are you and those who find it useful to keep thugs like yourself around.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Argin' timestamp='1282616142' post='2428546']
Repeat what I said and then make a non-sensible reference? Sounds like a grade A post filled with an actual response.
[/quote]

There's more to the Viridicide history and everyone in here knows it or should know it. As for me, I like how several of you want to change the record from "objected to the war and did not participate" to "sat by and watched." I also get a kick out of how the 2nd VE wants to write the NpO out of their founding history.

Meh?

[quote name='Free Quebec' timestamp='1282615989' post='2428540']
But GATO treaties NPO. VE treaties GOONS. Time changes things. I am most stubborn person I know, and I understand and fine with it.

VE decides what they are and aren't over, not disinterested 3rd parties that try to turn it into a PR hit.
[/quote]

If everyone goes crazy doesn't mean that is the right thing to do, or may be I'm more stubborn than you.

Also I'm not criticizing for PR reasons, what would I win with it? I think is annoying this trend that everyone says that because you criticize an alliance in their treaty announcement is for PR reasons, what people expect? That they announce their treaty and everyone mindless hails their decision? If VE doesn't like critics so doesn't bring your announcements here.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282616235' post='2428552']
[color="#0000FF"]What kind of rubbish is this? Effort for peace? Going to you and talking to you is not showing enough effort to end a war that [i]you started[/i]. Please, I'm not stupid. I know exactly what you're doing with your "Mercy" Board and so do you. The only people buying into this delusion are you and those who find it useful to keep thugs like yourself around.[/color]
[/quote]
Your attempts to spin are as welcome and hilarious as ever RV. If it's a tech raid they only have to join a valid alliance (and get them to come to us about it) to get us to stop, they don't even have to go to the mercy board (it's more fun for everyone if they do though). In virtually all other cases it is the other party who started the conflict (see: the methrage saga).

Edited by Sardonic