A FIREy Announcement

letub

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282335720' post='2424839']
Except that nobody did, because we all realize that you aren't actually that talented.

Congratulations on having half of your alliance change their AA. That really proves ability (and activity).
[/quote]

Only half has changed...and we're still bigger than Gondor and more active. This has been in the works for the past few months (A few of us have been planning it for well over a year) and we're proud that we've finally re-founded.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1282337375' post='2424869']
Only half has changed...and we're still bigger than Gondor and more active. This has been in the works for the past few months (A few of us have been planning it for well over a year) and we're proud that we've finally re-founded.
[/quote]
Congratulations on reading my post in which I said that half had changed.

You absorbed an alliance much older than Gondor, congrats on being bigger than us.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282337542' post='2424872']
Congratulations on reading my post in which I said that half had changed.

You absorbed an alliance much older than Gondor, congrats on being bigger than us.
[/quote]

It was also an alliance that was led and built-up by a former FIRE member. He put his time in, and FIRE has been in the works for awhile. TUF members were looking for something new, so instead of disbanding it why not give them a new adventure to enjoy? (Yes a lot of members were looking for a new adventure)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282338035' post='2424882']
I'll brink a MHA member here to post "Hey my alliance is bigger and has more member than yours" then you guys will realize that argue about that is a waste of time.
[/quote]

To me an alliance should be judged by its loyalty and activity. (Both of which I have had some troubles with, so I understand the hypocrisy of my saying it...)

But since you're in Polar, you should know what a good alliance is. You don't need me to tell you.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1282338526' post='2424894']
Congratulations on having your NS drop down to the 1,000,000 NS milestone.
[/quote]

It didn't drop at all.

Not all of TUF is joining us, it's not an alliance-wide merge. People can choose their own path. This is a milestone Mathias, its okay to be jealous.

You love us and in time you will join us....like the rest of them..... :smug:

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1282340418' post='2424938']
I think Vox and FIRE V1. proved that outcasts together never last, rapid growth only means rapid fall... But by all means you have my best wishes.

Good luck, and nice milestone.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Thanks for the luck and well wishes, I'll be sure to thank you on our all of our future achievements and anniversaries.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1282337888' post='2424878']
It was also an alliance that was led and built-up by a former FIRE member. He put his time in, and FIRE has been in the works for awhile. TUF members were looking for something new, so instead of disbanding it why not give them a new adventure to enjoy? (Yes a lot of members were looking for a new adventure)
[/quote]
I'm not criticizing the fact that you had an alliance merge, I could care less. I'm saying that since an alliance of 1.9m NS merged into you, you shouldn't post a 1m announcement.

What should be done is take the names of some that joined here and then monthly check to see if they are still there. I bet some will start peeling away as every month passes when the adrenalin runs out. Excuses for not bringing over the entire AA are being made left and right. TUF was majorly inactive so getting them over will be a problem for you, but you all were very confident that it would be done. Also, its basically a renaming of an alliance so there is no real achievement here.

[quote]01[12:01] <%Fernando12> FIRE the name?
01[12:01] <%Fernando12> whats the Gov List?
01[12:01] <%Fernando12> estimated NS?
01[12:01] <%Fernando12> treaty with?
[12:02] <@letub[TUF]> yes
06[12:02] * &Kevanovia pokes letub[TUF]
[12:02] <@letub[TUF]> a few :P
[12:02] <@letub[TUF]> around 2 million
[12:02] <&Kevanovia> Would you like me to answer? :P
[12:02] <@letub[TUF]> unkown yet
[12:03] <@letub[TUF]> We're not really announcing gov just yet since most of us are gov currently at different AA's
[12:03] <&Kevanovia> ^
01[12:04] <%Fernando12> starting numbers/nations?
01[12:04] <%Fernando12> 2mil NS is alot
[12:04] <&Kevanovia> ~100
[12:04] <@Lobamos[TUF]> Nando you joining?
03[12:04] * Lobamos[TUF] is now known as Lobam[TUF]
01[12:04] <%Fernando12> possibly
[12:04] <&Lizzy|Work> Lobam hows my TC?
[12:04] <&Kevanovia> Possibly?
[12:04] <&Kevanovia> I thought you said you were O_o
[12:04] <@letub[TUF]> we'll be looking at around 110-130 members
01[12:04] <%Fernando12> Kev, i told you
[12:04] <@letub[TUF]> to start
01[12:04] <%Fernando12> sarcasm there Letub?
[12:05] <@letub[TUF]> no
01[12:05] <%Fernando12> thats alot of poaching
[12:05] <@letub[TUF]> No one has been poaching
01[12:05] <%Fernando12> lots of mouths to keep quiet
01[12:05] <%Fernando12> you know what i mean
[12:05] <@letub[TUF]> of course, no one knows about FIRE yet... it's a igger scheme kind of thing
[12:05] <@Lobam[TUF]> 2mill? i beg to differ
[12:05] <@letub[TUF]> *bigger
[12:06] <@Lobam[TUF]> More like 1.5 mil as a starting base
[12:06] <@letub[TUF]> 2 million
[12:06] <&Kevanovia> 2 mil Lobam
01[12:06] <%Fernando12> i'm from missouri
[12:06] <@Lobam[TUF]> Sure if yawl say so
01[12:06] <%Fernando12> you know the motto
[12:06] <@letub[TUF]> Show me
[12:06] <@letub[TUF]> and we will
01[12:07] <%Fernando12> you will do what no other alliance has done?
06[12:07] * &Kevanovia nods
[12:07] <&Kevanovia> We will be the largest alliance to start out on day 1[/quote]

Nando, I have no idea what those logs prove. TUF was gonna die out due to their founder retiring and instead of disbanding, letub gave them option b.

Way to stay classy Nando. Next time you get ZI'd don't come crying to me to talk to big bad Marx for you. I would show the logs between you and me there, or the in-game messages even...but I'm better than that.

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1282340418' post='2424938']
I think Vox and FIRE V1. proved that outcasts together never last, rapid growth only means rapid fall... But by all means you have my best wishes.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Vox wasn't meant to be a "forever" thing :facepalm:

Edited by Kevanovia

I can't help but this is another heat of the moment alliance where people rush on the AA because it's the "cool thing to do" and slowly it fades into obscurity because it's not meant to keep going without such accommodations made for them. When I see good alliances made from scratch I look at Gondor or UINE that started from little yet worked its way to where it is through purely hard work. But another, "let's get as much NS and members into an AA" alliances tend to die out quickly.

So good luck with that, because you fit the second category of alliances above quite nicely.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282357534' post='2425286']
I can't help but this is another heat of the moment alliance where people rush on the AA because it's the "cool thing to do" and slowly it fades into obscurity because it's not meant to keep going without such accommodations made for them. When I see good alliances made from scratch I look at Gondor or UINE that started from little yet worked its way to where it is through purely hard work. But another, "let's get as much NS and members into an AA" alliances tend to die out quickly.

So good luck with that, because you fit the second category of alliances above quite nicely.
[/quote]
Well that would make sense if we haven't been planning on this for months. We aren't racing for NS or members. Sure TUF made everything easier to start out with, but the core of people were committed before anyone knew TUF would merge in. <_<

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282357534' post='2425286']
I can't help but this is another heat of the moment alliance where people rush on the AA because it's the "cool thing to do"
[/quote]
This is hilariously ironic coming from a member of NSO.

[quote name='Infidel Israeli' timestamp='1282366819' post='2425457']
You don't have the same leader again do you? (this is a serious question. I"m out of the loop)
[/quote]

No, letub was MoD last time around. Carter and TimLee were the leaders last time around, however many people believe that Carter was the reason for the fall of FIRE. (Personally I think it was due to terrible organization and a lack of a team effort. This time we fixed both)

[quote name='Straylight' timestamp='1282414543' post='2425816']
Congratulations FIRE! Great to have another quality alliance on the Red Team :awesome:
[/quote]

Great to be on the red team. Looking forward to working with Schatt, the rest of the CoJ team, Pacifica and others for the enhancement of team red.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1282417060' post='2425856']
Great to be on the red team. Looking forward to working with Schatt, the rest of the CoJ team, Pacifica and others for the enhancement of team red.
[/quote]
Here's to a solid working relationship between our respective alliances for the continued prosperity of Red.

*raises his whiskey and toasts*