MHA Announcement

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280725493' post='2397954']
I've already dealt with it since then. Congrats on admitting to being in the fellow group of "traitors".
[/quote]

I never "admitted to being a traitor," I merely pointed out the irony of you making a forum pip calling us traitors.

I thought that was obvious.

Sorry.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280725727' post='2397959']
What? I left NPO to fight in the last war.
[/quote]

oh, thats how you remember it.

MHA canceled the Ordinance of the Orders (amazing since they were not even a signatory of it) and you bravely fought your way out of the doomed Alamo, while it was under attack, because you wanted to "fight" in the war. As if there wasn't enough fight in NPO's own front yard? Did you wear a dress and carry a baby while you were "fighting" your way out?

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280725979' post='2397966']
I never "admitted to being a traitor," I merely pointed out the irony of you making a forum pip calling us traitors.

I thought that was obvious.

Sorry.
[/quote]

beat you to it :smug:

get some original material, would ya?

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280726028' post='2397967']
oh, thats how you remember it.

MHA canceled the Ordinance of the Orders (amazing since they were not even a signatory of it) and you bravely fought your way out of the doomed Alamo, while it was under attack, because you wanted to "fight" in the war. As if there wasn't enough fight in NPO's own front yard? Did you wear a dress and carry a baby while you were "fighting" your way out?
[/quote]

I have no idea what the hell are you talking about. I stayed in the NPO until the Bipolar war, when I left to join NSO. I've done enough !@#$ in my career for you to talk about. Making !@#$ up is just kinda funny.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280725786' post='2397961']
So it's pretty obvious to everyone now that the NPO forums have a link posted to this thread telling all the drones to wobble in here and express their "outrage".

:v:
[/quote]
Wow, using a line from 2006 and imagining it's witty. Well done sir, well played. Perhaps you should go read some other threads for some more current insults to rehash.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280726116' post='2397969']
I have no idea what the hell are you talking about. I stayed in the NPO until the Bipolar war, when I left to join NSO. I've done enough !@#$ in my career for you to talk about. Making !@#$ up is just kinda funny.
[/quote]

So you admit that you are making stuff up now just to humor yourself?

Blech, I am feeling all slimy being this close to you and your lies. I'm done for the night. :awesome:

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280725786' post='2397961']
So it's pretty obvious to everyone now that the NPO forums have a link posted to this thread telling all the drones to wobble in here and express their "outrage".

:v:
[/quote]
Whether they do or don't, the negative attitude toward MHA is pretty widespread. Pacifica's hypocrisy aside, MHA's actions are still laughable.

The dishonour here isn't so much that MHA cancelled an eternal treaty (I'd drop Gramlins too tbqh) but that they signed such a treaty in the first place. Still, they aren't the only people to have made that mistake, so eh. Cut them some slack. Especially if you're from an alliance which has cancelled an unbreakable treaty before.

I think both parties are better off without this treaty~

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280726218' post='2397971']
So you admit that you are making stuff up now just to humor yourself?

Blech, I am feeling all slimy being this close to you and your lies. I'm done for the night. :awesome:
[/quote]

Well then, you should make a blingee about it. It's cathartic.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1280726219' post='2397972']
Whether they do or don't, the negative attitude toward MHA is pretty widespread. Pacifica's hypocrisy aside, MHA's actions are still laughable.
[/quote]

I've found it mixed, people in the same alliance agree and disagree, some agree but disagree on parts, it's all a muddle.

I appreciate the support those have given MHA, as this is a hard time for us.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1280716634' post='2397808']
And there you have it. ChairmanHal finds your side of the argument rational.

I win.

(you can sign up for subscriptions to my newsletter on the way out)
[/quote]

Look, treaties without cancellation clauses have been abandoned by alliances in the past (World Unity Treaty anyone?). MHA decided to cancel with this one based upon their treaty partner turning...well, evil or some such, or at least turning into something they could no longer support. I get that. They also decided not to cancel said treaty until the BiPolar War was over. It just ended.

MHA made some very questionable decisions in the past regarding foreign relations in some people's opinion (and attacking IRON during the Karma War was one that is hard to argue). I'm simply giving credit where credit is due.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280726424' post='2397982']
I've found it mixed, people in the same alliance agree and disagree, some agree but disagree on parts, it's all a muddle.

[/quote]

At least you have experience in "hard cancellations". I had to deal with it without prior experience. :awesome:

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280726424' post='2397982']

[/quote]
Thus why I refrained from using the term "universal". ;)

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280726116' post='2397969']
[/quote]

[quote name="Dilber]Final announcement from me

30 January 2010 - 12:00:31 AM[/quote]

Wow, I didn't know NPO was in war on January 30th of this year. I must have missed that war. Shame on you, traitor Dilber.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1280726219' post='2397972']
[/quote]

The mistake MHA made was in signing a treaty without a cancellation clause. That was made long ago by different leadership and I assume their thoughts on that type of treaty have changed since then.

Lets be honest here, They didn't support Gra's continuing actions in the war but they were treaty bound to support them. So they did, while they were working in the background to end the war. Once peace was had they ended the treaty. This thread is a perfect example of "haters gonna hate".

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280725628' post='2397956']
Yeah, Dilber is a traitor from way back. Remember, he even left NPO when they were being beaten down and ran to NSO to save his skin. He's a first rate traitor that Dilber is. :lol1:
[/quote]

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen in this announcement. I suggest you change your comment before making a bigger fool of yourself. [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1280726594' post='2397992']
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen in this announcement. I suggest you change your comment before making a bigger fool of yourself. [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]
[/quote]

While I usually enjoy ignorance, even my own I will go back and check my facts.

Hold please..

[hold music on]

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280726557' post='2397991']
The mistake MHA made was in signing a treaty without a cancellation clause. That was made long ago by different leadership and I assume their thoughts on that type of treaty have changed since then.

Lets be honest here, They didn't support Gra's continuing actions in the war but they were treaty bound to support them. So they did, while they were working in the background to end the war. Once peace was had they ended the treaty. This thread is a perfect example of "haters gonna hate".
[/quote]
Except it's also a poor move politically for the current administration, as has already been noted. Gram has all of 12 members. It'll do one of two things in the near future: disband or change dramatically by means of new influx. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the latter possibility, but either way the situation resolves itself for MHA. Instead they chose to get egg on their face.

They're here getting heat because they jumped to drop that treaty the moment the war ended, hoping people would lay off because they waited for the war to end. No dice.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280720157' post='2397867']
That's not how treaties work. You can't just not honor something you signed by signing something new.
[/quote]
They just did.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280720157' post='2397867']
So they can honor treaties when they feel like it because they voted on it?
[/quote]
Yes.

Damsky, if you feel so strongly about it then Do Something About It.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1280726833' post='2397997']
Except it's also a poor move politically for the current administration, as has already been noted. Gram has all of 12 members. It'll do one of two things in the near future: disband or change dramatically by means of new influx. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the latter possibility, but either way the situation resolves itself for MHA. Instead they chose to get egg on their face.

They're here getting heat because they jumped to drop that treaty the moment the war ended, hoping people would lay off because they waited for the war to end. No dice.
[/quote]

Sure, it's a retarded idea to drop them now, they should just wait until they disband. But who knows what depths of idiocy Ramirus will achieve before that happens?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280727233' post='2398007']
Sure, it's a retarded idea to drop them now, they should just wait until they disband. But who knows what depths of idiocy Ramirus will achieve before that happens?
[/quote]
Was it not implied (or stated outright) earlier in this thread that there is palpable division within Gre government due to the war's conclusion? If he has no capital internally what's he going to do? Write a strongly worded letter?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1280727512' post='2398011']
Was it not implied (or stated outright) earlier in this thread that there is palpable division within Gre government due to the war's conclusion? If he has no capital internally what's he going to do? Write a strongly worded letter?
[/quote]

Whether or not they support Ramirus anymore, they still stuck with him through the entire Gramlins-IRON conflict. I wouldn't want a treaty with any of them. I mean, who's going to replace him? Matthew PK?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280727691' post='2398013']
Whether or not they support Ramirus anymore, they still stuck with him through the entire Gramlins-IRON conflict. I wouldn't want a treaty with any of them. I mean, who's going to replace him? Matthew PK?
[/quote]
My vote is for the inanimate carbon rod, but that's just me.

OK all those of you going on about "without a cancellation clause", that is not it. It had a clause stating it cannot be canceled.

There is a subtle difference there. If there is no cancellation clause, it merely means that the means of exit have not been defined and as such, one may exit however/whenever one wishes. if there is a "no cancellation" clause or "eternal" clause, then exit is denied.

While the reasons are understood behind this decision, as i said earlier, it is the timing that is a bit off.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz