• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='majorddf' timestamp='1280706557' post='2397570']
It has been this way for some time now.
[/quote]

Oh the irony.

Treaties mean something, except if the members of MHA vote to cancel or ignore it.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280705750' post='2397533']
In hindsight MHA probably should have just waited for gre to disband, won't be that much longer.

Also MHA thank you for now violating two major treaties.
[/quote]

We have violated zero.

We have cancelled one, so points for you.

I'm really going to have a hard time sleeping at night because of this post though.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1280706785' post='2397576']
Oh the irony.

Treaties mean something, except if the members of MHA vote to cancel or ignore it.
[/quote]

Well yeah, that's kind of how we work.

We vote on treaties too.

In this instance the executive thought it was in the best interest of the alliance to make a statement now, and they did so.

I dare say the rest of it supports their opinion.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280706804' post='2397578']
We have violated zero.
[/quote]

You didn't honor your obligations to NPO or Q and you canceled a treaty that can't be canceled.

You violated two.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280706916' post='2397581']
[/quote]

So you cancel treaties when you feel like it and ignore them?

Edited by Mr Damsky

We vote on treaties too.

In this instance the executive thought it was in the best interest of the alliance to make a statement now, and they did so.

[/quote]

So you admit that what is meant to be a binding treaty can become meaningless through a vote. Tell me, why sign anything other than a ODP if this is the case?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280707018' post='2397583']
You didn't honor your obligations to NPO or Q and you canceled a treaty that can't be canceled.

You violated two.
[/quote]

We had already informed Q of our withdrawal and the cancellation period had expired before the war started. 2 - 1 = 1

NPO failed to inform us of military action as required by our MDoAP with them. However we were still prepared to step in against people without a treaty who attacked. 1 - 1 = 0

We violated neither of those treaties.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280707018' post='2397583']

You violated two.
[/quote]
I've already answered the first and object to it in my previous posts.

In the second we protected the Gramlins after we had secured a peace we thought would suffice in the war and then were asked not to assist them in further efforts, we went above and beyond and protected them from other alliances who...despite what you think...were very willing to attack them.

And the post you quoted...
all accounted for.

We vote on treaties too.

[/quote]
Caligula, a bit of friendly advice - you may just want to let this thread take its course and accept the damage that comes with it, if your main defence is telling the rest of your treaty partners that your alliance may spontaneously decide not to honour that treaty the next time it's called upon.

[quote name='Cable77' timestamp='1280702781' post='2397435']
[center][img]http://www.mostlyharmlessalliance.com/styles/hermes/imageset/MHA.jpg[/img][/center]

Sadly, the Grämlins recently embarked on a path in which we were unwilling to follow.

[/quote]

Whether you like it or not. You did follow. This treaty should have been canceled months ago.
You in effect supported them their agenda. You waiting to cancel after the "war" is over is no great thing.
There isn't much left of that alliance, so no one really cares.

[quote name='AndyDe' timestamp='1280707248' post='2397587']
We had already informed Q of our withdrawal and the cancellation period had expired before the war started. 2 - 1 = 1

NPO failed to inform us of military action as required by our MDoAP with them. However we were still prepared to step in against people without a treaty who attacked. 1 - 1 = 0

We violated neither of those treaties.
[/quote]

Sorry I put Q in there as an extension of the NPO. You pussied out on Q but didn't technically break the treaty.

The "treaty that can't be canceled" that I was referring to was Harmlins. When you cancel a treaty that can't be canceled you break it. It's pretty obvious.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280707354' post='2397589']
Caligula, a bit of friendly advice - you may just want to let this thread take its course and accept the damage that comes with it, if your main defence is telling the rest of your treaty partners that your alliance may spontaneously decide not to honour that treaty the next time it's called upon.
[/quote]

I answered one of...tens of questions, if it's taken out of context so beit.

Edited by caligula

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280707520' post='2397591']
edited:

No point, Haters gonna hate.
[/quote]
I'm no hater, I just can't stand to see an alliance with a treaty with one of my allies sit there and claim that there is a chance they won't honor it.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280707653' post='2397594']
I answered one of...tens of questions, if it's taken out of context so beit.
[/quote]
I don't need to take that quote out of context to show the terrible attitude towards treaties you apparently have.

Edited by Ryuzaki

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1280707482' post='2397590']
Whether you like it or not. You did follow. This treaty should have been canceled months ago.
You in effect supported them their agenda. You waiting to cancel after the "war" is over is no great thing.
There isn't much left of that alliance, so no one really cares.[/quote]

You might be right. Maybe we should have canceled sooner and left them to the wolves or left Fark to defend them alone. We preferred to wait until after they got peace. Right or wrong, that was our decision and we stand by it. No amount of trolling is going to change our minds.

Those who wish to speak privately are welcome to PM me.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280705167' post='2397513']
We did the same, we threatened bandwagoners, iirc..
You went to war without telling us anything and expected us to commit suicide with no regard to us whatsoever.

Same result
[/quote]

You knew what you got with Pacifica when you allied to them and signed with the year long cancellation clause. You never had a problem with aggressive action as long as NPO was coming out on the winning side. This "expected us to commit suicide" stuff sounds to me like "you put our pixels in harms way, so we are just going to ignore the treaty while you take a pounding."

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1280706785' post='2397576']
[/quote]

As long as the treaty isn't being activated when it is being cancelled, there should be absolutely no problem with this. If a majority of the voting members of MHA wish to see a treaty end, then what's the point of keeping it?

edit: lol haters gonna hate on MHA

Edited by Sargun