There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

[quote name='the damned' timestamp='1280501019' post='2395003']
I must apologize. I was merely stating an opinion of mine about your alliance. Its my view that the NSO is just the yapping little purse dog offspring of the aging !@#$%* NPO whose sole purpose is to annoy the rest of the cyberverse until it is calmly kicked out of a third story window. Eventually you guys will fold back into the alliances that forged you or you will be the ones making the most noise while your guard dogs do the fighting for you. You think because you have a couple names from CN's history in the fold that you automatically have the clout that they once possessed. Im afraid that it isnt so.
[/quote]

At least they try? Sparta just sits there. Disband already..

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1280503084' post='2395047']
At least they try? Sparta just sits there. Disband already..
[/quote]

I actually like just sitting there, if us just sitting there is ruining NSO's game I'm awefully sorry. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1280503606' post='2395056']
I actually like just sitting there, if us just sitting there is ruining NSO's game I'm awefully sorry. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

If you were giving us a hard time from an IC perspective (kinda like MK and Co does) I'd be perfectly fine with it. Hell, the game is only fun to me when I have an enemy to rail against. It's that Sparta is damn near 10 million NS and yet does nothing with it. What a waste!

Your alliance mate calls the NSO a "lapdog" and yet that's the very thing Sparta has been throughout its entire history. I won't criticize your backstabbing of NPO. Hell, it was the only interesting thing your alliance has ever done. What I do criticize is your willingness to simply sit back and bloat. Your inaction. You're not ruining NSO's game, you and alliances like yours are ruining everyones game.

If you lot are so offended by my words, why don't you declare war on NSO? That'd be pretty exciting, right? I'll even take you off the list. Do we have a deal?

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280504868' post='2395066']
If you were giving us a hard time from an IC perspective (kinda like MK and Co does) I'd be perfectly fine with it. Hell, the game is only fun to me when I have an enemy to rail against. It's that Sparta is damn near 10 million NS and yet does nothing with it. What a waste! [/quote]

What's keeping you from railing against us? There are many different ways to play this game and to run an alliance in CN, we're doing it our way just as your doing it your way. If you can't live with that then I'm sory that we're ruining your game, but we're not changing our ways just because a bunch of people wants us to.

Your alliance mate calls the NSO a "lapdog" and yet that's the very thing Sparta has been throughout its entire history. I won't criticize your backstabbing of NPO. Hell, it was the only interesting thing your alliance has ever done. What I do criticize is your willingness to simply sit back and bloat. Your inaction. You're not ruining NSO's game, you and alliances like yours are ruining everyones game.[/quote]

Oh really? well everybody sorry for ruining your games! :o

If you lot are so offended by my words, why don't you declare war on NSO? That'd be pretty exciting, right? I'll even take you off the list. Do we have a deal?
[/quote]

mhm if I were only King.. But seriously, no this little thingy is not nearly worth starting a war over. Besides I wish you nor your AA any harm. Perhaps if the allmighty chain will allow it, we'll be entertaining eachother next big war, whenever that is..

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280375158' post='2393488']
Fair enough, and I can't really disagree with you on that.

In terms of what I agree/disagree about:

CCC should stay. They are a 2006 alliance and are still around, therefore they have been around long enough to deserve a spot in CN.
I agree with Omni in that you can't say the ODN are followers and should disband without saying NATO and IRON are followers and should disband. Anyways, ODN should not disband for not only the reason that they are a 2006 alliance, but also because I like them :P
[b]Valhalla is just a more whiny version of The Legion. Disband.[/b]
GOP should merge into GPA or merge with The Conservative Underground, and then not be neutral.
Who's Ubercon? I've never heard of them. Their wiki page says they were active in GW II and III, but I have no recollection of them.
[/quote]
WHAT LOL

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1280395370' post='2393768']
I'll tell you th e problem wit h all these !@#$@#$ alluances and here it is: Theyre all meatmarket generic turd alliances. Valhalla should disband or else Joe should give the new gnernation the keys. Bam, there ya go. These alliances that are all the same with some silly veneer trying to act unique but they are like a pathetic echo chamber. Val's Norn thing is cool but how often does it come into play? We need alliances with no SENSE OF SELF to give it up, and we need shortsighted rulers with primal des
ires to grow spines and hit the fringe.
[/quote]
Schatt honestly i dont want to get in to this here but find me sometime on Skype or IRC would love to hear your reasons on Valhalla. I can only say i whole heartedly disagree with your statememnt

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' timestamp='1280481233' post='2394891']
So The Templar Knights, one of the games oldest alliances, should disband?

I get a feeling that you are thick and seeking attention.

Congrats, I gave you some because I am sOOOOooooo rageing right now.
[/quote]
Musta this pains me greatly to say but I wouldnt necessarily disagree. To me they have become a shell with most dynamic players moving on to other areas though it would pain me to see them leave I can fully understand why they made this list.

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1280506631' post='2395091']
mhm if I were only King.. But seriously, [b]no this little thingy is not nearly worth starting a war over.[/b] Besides I wish you nor your AA any harm. Perhaps if the allmighty chain will allow it, we'll be entertaining eachother next big war, whenever that is..
[/quote]
What is worth starting a war over then?

Edited by Emperor Brutus

[quote name='Emperor Brutus' timestamp='1280507610' post='2395112']
What is worth starting a war over then?
[/quote]

In my opinion the only good reason to start a war and thereby dragging your AA-mates & allies into it, is to keep those allies & AA-mates out of harms way.

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1280508415' post='2395122']
In my opinion the only good reason to start a war and thereby dragging your AA-mates & allies into it, is to keep those allies & AA-mates out of harms way.
[/quote]

Meaning... Only have one on one wars so that your allies don't engage your opponent? Or not have any wars at all :lol1:
We have a Spartan who does not wish war and instead wishes to stay out of harms way. weird...

What's keeping you from railing against us? There are many different ways to play this game and to run an alliance in CN, we're doing it our way just as your doing it your way. If you can't live with that then I'm sory that we're ruining your game, but we're not changing our ways just because a bunch of people wants us to.
[/quote]

You guys don't do anything to ruin anyone's game.

But seriously, no this little thingy is not nearly worth starting a war over. Besides I wish you nor your AA any harm.
[/quote]

And it's this attitude that makes your alliance worthless and not worth opposing. Your king showed great offense to my words, yet lacks the courage to so anything with all his anger. Such cowardly alliances are not worth my time.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1280509072' post='2395136']
You guys don't do anything to ruin anyone's game.
[/quote]

It's what they [i]don't do[/i] that's game-ruining.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Emperor Brutus' timestamp='1280508601' post='2395126']
Meaning... Only have one on one wars so that your allies don't engage your opponent? Or not have any wars at all :lol1:
We have a Spartan who does not wish war and instead wishes to stay out of harms way. weird...
[/quote]

Close, I suppose I didn't explain myself well enough. I won't ever engage to war over verbal insults or challanges, that's what TE is for. Dragging an entire alliance to war just because the leader feels insulted is wrong. If I was the leader of an alliance I'dd probably only fight defensive wars, to defend allies and my own alliance, against any number of alliances. But that's just silly me..

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1280465506' post='2394790']
Based on the couple alliances I have the requisite access level to actually observe, there are a lot of people who discuss and follow politics on their respective alliance forums but never bother signing on to the main CN forums.
[/quote]

Indeed, I understand that. If you check the number of "active users" that the CN forum reports on the bottom of the main page, you'll see that it includes guests as well as registered members. So my assumption is not completely off unless those people you are talking about never visit the CN forums, registered or not.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1280495871' post='2394957']
That's an educated guess that also relies on assumptions. I think Delta just said that there could be many people that talk about politics on their own forums, but not participate in them here. For example, I know that NSO has a lot more people discussing about politics in our IRC channels, or in our private forums than they do on the OWF. Now I'm not going to sit here and throw around a couple of generalized statistics because this is still just an opinion on my part and others. I still don't see why you keep trying to argue this when it's clear that logic and statistics barely hold the bridge up.
[/quote]

At least I have some sort of logic and statistics. So far you haven't really provided me with any basis for why you would think most of CN is interested in politics and war. As for your other point, see my reply to Delta above.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280509104' post='2395137']
And it's this attitude that makes your alliance worthless and not worth opposing. Your king showed great offense to my words, yet lacks the courage to so anything with all his anger. Such cowardly alliances are not worth my time.

It's what they [i]don't do[/i] that's game-ruining.
[/quote]

Why don't you show us unworthy alliances how to make the game interesting?

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1280509522' post='2395143']
Close, I suppose I didn't explain myself well enough. I won't ever engage to war over verbal insults or challanges, that's what TE is for. Dragging an entire alliance to war just because the leader feels insulted is wrong. If I was the leader of an alliance I'dd probably only fight defensive wars, to defend allies and my own alliance, against any number of alliances. But that's just silly me..
[/quote]

I'm going to say this is the funniest thing I've read in the last 5 minutes.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1280509706' post='2395146']
Indeed, I understand that. If you check the number of "active users" that the CN forum reports on the bottom of the main page, you'll see that it includes guests as well as registered members. So my assumption is not completely off unless those people you are talking about never visit the CN forums, registered or not.

At least I have some sort of logic and statistics. So far you haven't really provided me with any basis for why you would think most of CN is interested in politics and war. As for your other point, see my reply to Delta above.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know where you're getting the number 4000 from. You're basically pulling that number from 1800 most users online and then stretching it. It's not logic when it rides on the rails of a presumption. Basically, from what you've said, you've done the following:

Premise A: most active users online was 1800
Premise B: therefore, an educated guess at active forum members is 4000

It's weak inductive reasoning, therefore very fallible. In fact, I would say you're relying on as many assumptions as we are.

Don't get me wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, and I will disagree with it. But that doesn't mean that the list is invalid. That's a pretty bold statement to make with very weak support.

[quote name='GulagArchipelago' timestamp='1280510009' post='2395154']
If CCC declares a crusade and Inquisition against you, will you let them stay?
[/quote]

I would, but they'll do no such thing. Their courage is as nonexistent as their God.

A convincing argument laid out by you, sir Corinan, I must admit.

I've started disbandment proceedings in Sparta already - they're looking very promising. Thank you for you crushing honesty.

Shall you forever be remembered as the one that made the greatest impact on the game by simply complaining about what's wrong with it.

Edit: Let me go ahead and write my own review:

NSO: A bunch of people who love to emulate Ivan.... until it comes time to actually do something that requires a shred of integrity. I already see their relevance bleeding away since he's stopped actively representing them.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[i]I won't criticize your backstabbing of NPO. Hell, it was the only interesting thing your alliance has ever done. [/i]

I didn't think it was all that interesting... since most folks saw it coming from roughly 9 miles away....

Now where's the King?
Don't be going all Legion, this is way to important.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280519973' post='2395292']
I don't emulate Ivan. I've always been this way.
[/quote]
Did I explicitly state that you, one man who obviously represents the entirety of your alliance's populace, emulate Ivan?

(The answer is "No.")

I just stated that there are a lot of Siths that want to bask in his glory and who simply leach off of his infamy. You happen to be an odd exception that pre-dated the mold, yet still fits merely within it.