Which alliances are the most likely to start the next big war?

Cesar Julian

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1279091365' post='2370654']
If our performance was so terrible, why did we win?

If you're accusing Sparta of being poor fighters, I'd hate to hear what you must think of yourselves after the kicking you took from us, because you're definitely worse than we are if we managed to soundly defeat you. If I was going to lie, I'd make my opponents in to legends, at least then my defeat wouldn't look so bad. You can throw all the insults you want at Sparta, but the point is moot, every insult you throw on us returns two fold in the fact that such a supposedly terrible alliance managed to WIN. No matter where you place us in the standings, you're implicitly a grade below.
[/quote]

Your performance in Karma was also terrible, and yet you won..are you honestly asking such a stupid question of why you won? You're merely justifying my point when you go all dumb with it. Even WAPA won, and trust me, they were even worse than you guys were in Karma, does that means they're as good fighters as you? Now THAT would be an insult. Do you understand basic mechanics of the game? I'm assuming you do. You won because you had alot of NS and nukes stacked on your side in each of the fronts you faced. If you think 'Sparta' is the reason, then you were disconnected from the realities on the ground. You won because of the resources massed against us, with or without Sparta, result would have been same. Your performance was in no way exceptional. If you'll ask me who did better than average, I would say ODN, they had nice warchests. Everyone else fell on the expectation, starting from MHA and Sparta towards FARK and MK.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='14 July 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1279087698' post='2370591']
You must not have been listening when people were talking about when and how Sparta would burn.
[/quote]
You mistake contempt for hatred.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1279091365' post='2370654']
If our performance was so terrible, why did we win?

If you're accusing Sparta of being poor fighters, I'd hate to hear what you must think of yourselves after the kicking you took from us, because you're definitely worse than we are if we managed to soundly defeat you. If I was going to lie, I'd make my opponents in to legends, at least then my defeat wouldn't look so bad. You can throw all the insults you want at Sparta, but the point is moot, every insult you throw on us returns two fold in the fact that such a supposedly terrible alliance managed to WIN. No matter where you place us in the standings, you're implicitly a grade below.
[/quote]

You won because you had a huge numerical advantage. I really hope that post was a joke.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='14 July 2010 - 03:45 AM' timestamp='1279093500' post='2370671']
If you'll ask me who did better than average, I would say ODN, they had nice warchests. Everyone else fell on the expectation, starting from MHA and Sparta towards FARK and MK.
[/quote]
I think you mean better than expected in that first part.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='15 July 2010 - 08:05 AM' timestamp='1279141500' post='2371531']
You can complain all you want, there is no getting around the fact we won. Weather it be by having more allies or fighting better, it comes down to the same thing: We played the game better. There is no other explanation.
[/quote]
This guy leads Sparta?

Hahahaha

You guys won because you had more nations, more nuclear weapons, more NS and more alliances than our side. Rather simple isn't it? Looking at the stats of several alliances, you guys barely did anything. Just taking TOOL as an example, they were doing fine until VE dropped in. Of course, I wouldn't know at the individual nation level, but overall, that's how it looked. There is no "playing the game better".

Back on topic, however, and I stand by what I said earlier. A micro alliance will start something. The big alliances these days are either too well connected, or won't risk anything due to either rebuilding or being under terms.

Edited by R3nowned

[quote name='President Obama' date='14 July 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1279141494' post='2371530']
GGA was undefeated up until the Karma war.
[/quote]
Come on man, didn't you know that GGA's two losses make them on par with MK in military skill?

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1279141500' post='2371531']
You can complain all you want, there is no getting around the fact we won. Weather it be by having more allies or fighting better, it comes down to the same thing: We played the game better. There is no other explanation.
[/quote]

[img]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2372/rolftrain.gif[/img]

Are you trying to kill me? I almost died. :lol1:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='14 July 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1279110107' post='2370801']
You mistake contempt for hatred.
[/quote]
Those words are practically synonymous.

Further, I would argue that hatred is more accurate - whereas contempt is the state of disapproval, disrespect, or disdain - it has nothing to do with wishing harm, destruction, or other such wanton, nasty things as hate does.

Yes, I consulted a dictionary before I posted this, I recommend you do the same before getting in to such frivolous arguments.

Also, Olaf - stop stroking our ego, the plebes are starting to feel happy - sometimes I don't know why I allow such a proud, aspiring, and devoted man to be King of our alliance - we truly don't deserve to be proud of any of our, obviously non-existent/worthless, achievements, dontcha know?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1279141500' post='2371531']
[/quote]
I didn't know you were King of Sparta until this thread, and was only vaguely aware that you even existed. That doesn't really matter, but since we're trading meaningless statements I figured I'd thrown it in there.

You're a do-nothing alliance with no power and no influence. You are a tool for other people to use. You have never once shown any true initiative of your own. Your alliance continues to prosper because you aren't important enough for anyone to bother harming you.

Sorry.

[quote name='Heft' date='14 July 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1279151805' post='2371795']
I didn't know you were King of Sparta until this thread, and was only vaguely aware that you even existed. That doesn't really matter, but since we're trading meaningless statements I figured I'd thrown it in there.

You're a do-nothing alliance with no power and no influence. You are a tool for other people to use. You have never once shown any true initiative of your own. Your alliance continues to prosper because you aren't important enough for anyone to bother harming you.

Sorry.
[/quote]

Basically, this. My only addition would be that Sparta is apparently led by a fool.

[quote name='President Obama' date='14 July 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1279141494' post='2371530']
GGA was undefeated up until the Karma war.
[/quote]

I hear TDO is undefeated :smug:

[quote name='Heft' date='14 July 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1279151805' post='2371795']

Sorry.
[/quote]
Great job, dude - Someone needed to put us in our place! !@#$, I'm tempted to go back and sit in [i]somebodie's[/i] lap just because of this statement.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='14 July 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1279153535' post='2371844']
Great job, dude - Someone needed to put us in our place! !@#$, I'm tempted to go back and sit in [i]somebodie's[/i] lap just because of this statement.
[/quote]
You're welcome.

Olaf and Wilhelm, admit that your nose was severely bloodied in the conflict. You were engaged heavily in the last war and without the support of your allies, you would have surely been defeated. You don't have a godly military. If you did, you wouldn't need to take such large reps from the defeated.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='14 July 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1279153959' post='2371859']
Olaf and Wilhelm, admit that your nose was severely bloodied in the conflict. You were engaged heavily in the last war and without the support of your allies, you would have surely been defeated. You don't have a godly military. If you did, you wouldn't need to take such large reps from the defeated.
[/quote]
My nose is still bleeding, actually.

Edit; to clarify - I'm being honest - Sparta isn't as well off as we were before the war (statistically anyway) - but we have gained some great allies, and gotten closer to our allies from before the war - so I will mark that one down as a win in my book.

!@#$ happens - but to strip away every bit of credence we have earned is simply obnoxious and incorrect. It's okay though, I like the scratches - it's nice to see how many people are trying to draw blood, here.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='14 July 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1279154009' post='2371862']
My nose is still bleeding, actually.
[/quote]
Mine too. I'll readily admit that Sparta had a huge role in the victory of your side, but your military needs loads of work. There were bright spots (sup elCoggins), but on the whole, you need work. The past few comments from you an Olaf make it seem like Sparta won the war, but once again, it was your coalition doing most of the work.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1279153942' post='2371858']
ITT haters gonna hate.

Our side won, get over it.

Apology accepted.
[/quote]
Well apparently you're just lazy.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='14 July 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1279154486' post='2371874']
Mine too. I'll readily admit that Sparta had a huge role in the victory of your side, but your military needs loads of work. There were bright spots (sup elCoggins), but on the whole, you need work. The past few comments from you an Olaf make it seem like Sparta won the war, but once again, it was your coalition doing most of the work.
[/quote]

You can say that of every alliance in the coalition, that all the other alliances did the majority of the work, and you were a small part of a joint victory, but the only people that statement is ever used in reference to is Sparta, which takes it out of context.

I'm obligated to do some spin control here.

[quote name='Heft' date='14 July 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1279154509' post='2371875']
Well apparently you're just lazy.
[/quote]
Like you put a lot of time in to your comments. I know things tend to get repetitive, but that doesn't mean you have to spice up the same old commentary with a few different words, I don't think anyone would be offended if you just stopped posting all together, actually. ;)

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='14 July 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1279154675' post='2371881']
You can say that of every alliance in the coalition, that all the other alliances did the majority of the work, and you were a small part of a joint victory, but the only people that statement is ever used in reference to is Sparta, which takes it out of context.

I'm obligated to do some spin control here.
[/quote]
Oh I know. If you didn't occupy TOOL, they'd eventually be able to overwhelm some other part of the front. That rhetoric is usually directed towards Sparta because your performance has been lacking when compared to other people, and you're easy targets to troll. Umbrella, PC, FOK, etc hulk smashed pretty much everyone they came across, while Sparta hit some snags. For example, did you really need to call in AO and TCI against us? Probably not. But because you did, it made you guys look weak. The peanut gallery always goes for that weak looking group. Accept that, and improve to spite all of your detractors.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='14 July 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1279155158' post='2371894']
Oh I know. If you didn't occupy TOOL, they'd eventually be able to overwhelm some other part of the front. That rhetoric is usually directed towards Sparta because your performance has been lacking when compared to other people, and you're easy targets to troll. Umbrella, PC, FOK, etc hulk smashed pretty much everyone they came across, while Sparta hit some snags. For example, did you really need to call in AO and TCI against us? Probably not. But because you did, it made you guys look weak. The peanut gallery always goes for that weak looking group. Accept that, and improve to spite all of your detractors.
[/quote]
Considering we were fighting six different alliances, we needed someone to take the heat off of our backs while we focused on more important fronts.

Edited by wilhelm the demented