I was wrong

Alterego

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='24 June 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1277357634' post='2348496']
Holy batman, where do you come up with inane !@#$. I've always believed your nuts but you're insane.
[/quote]
Huh?

All I stated was that I got triple-teamed unnecessarily, entirely by small iFOK nations which stood absolutely no chance of doing damage to me, except for nukes and CMs. The result of that was that I had five outgoing spy slots instead of only three (as I would have if I'd had one nation on me, nuking me to keep me in anarchy), which I used mainly on DMR missions against NV and FOK.

Was that worth it for the extra 4 CMs a day the other two were firing?

Heck it was because of the triple-team that I got out of my zero land situation. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1277383665' post='2348686']
Huh?

All I stated was that I got triple-teamed unnecessarily, entirely by small iFOK nations which stood absolutely no chance of doing damage to me, except for nukes and CMs. The result of that was that I had five outgoing spy slots instead of only three (as I would have if I'd had one nation on me, nuking me to keep me in anarchy), which I used mainly on DMR missions against NV and FOK.

Was that worth it for the extra 4 CMs a day the other two were firing?

Heck it was because of the triple-team that I got out of my zero land situation. :)
[/quote]

Strange that you're the only one that got that out of your conspiracy theory while everyone else read something else. You might want to study the english language some more.

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='24 June 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1277404835' post='2348908']
Strange that you're the only one that got that out of your conspiracy theory while everyone else read something else. You might want to study the english language some more.
[/quote]
See, the thing is, in order for there to be a conspiracy theory you have to claim people are conspiring. I think Arexes doesn't like me, and went to war because of it. This isn't a conspiracy.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1277409565' post='2348995']
See, the thing is, in order for there to be a conspiracy theory you have to claim people are conspiring. I think Arexes doesn't like me, and went to war because of it. This isn't a conspiracy.
[/quote]

I don't like you and would love to personally wreck your nation or your alliance some more. Fact remains, iFOK didn't declare on you because our dislike in you and your alliance. That, however, does not mean that we mourned when we drew your ball in the lotery ticket. I would like to thank the military coordinators of our coalition for that.

Off you go little Haffie, back to your masters on Red.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='24 June 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1277412063' post='2349036']
Off you go little Haffie, back to your masters on Red.
[/quote]
Did your masters on Orange feed you that line?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='24 June 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1277412063' post='2349036']
I don't like you and would love to personally wreck your nation or your alliance some more.
[/quote]
If you think my nation was wrecked, you really weren't paying attention to the war reports.

Hilariously, I now have more infra than you do.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='24 June 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1277412063' post='2349036']
Fact remains, iFOK didn't declare on you because our dislike in you and your alliance.
[/quote]
Yes, that's right, you declared on us because FAN was essential to the war effort against IRON. Got it, we've already been through all that. ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='25 June 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1277419210' post='2349204']
If you think my nation was wrecked, you really weren't paying attention to the war reports.

Yes, that's right, you declared on us because FAN was essential to the war effort against IRON. Got it, we've already been through all that. ;)
[/quote]

Which means nothing in regards to what was being discussed before this stupid little off-topic tripe.

We only ended up on this because you decided to claim that your alliance was attacked over posts on the OWF, which is the conspiracy theory MLK was refering to.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='24 June 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1277420251' post='2349224']
We only ended up on this because you decided to claim that your alliance was attacked over posts on the OWF, which is the conspiracy theory MLK was refering to.
[/quote]
How is that a conspiracy theory?

In order for there to be a conspiracy theory, there has to be a conspiracy. One person is not a conspiracy.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1277419210' post='2349204']

[/quote]

They were slated on you because it was a global war and the necessary and available means were used to win in the most efficient manner possible, within legal limits. I won't say the history between your two alliances was not considered though, as existing bad blood makes for a great morale motivator, but that certainly was an ancillary factor in planning and by no means controlling. Fact remains that not once did iFOK push for placement on you.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1277419210' post='2349204']

[/quote]

Of course you retain some of your precious infra, you sat out most of the war.

And yeah, Invicta was wrecked. I was there for it. Props for keeping some of your members from deleting.

[quote name='Choader' date='24 June 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1277427599' post='2349314']
Of course you retain some of your precious infra, you sat out most of the war.
[/quote]
Are you really kidding?

I fought six on one for a week (five of my opponents had WRCs; I was nearly at zero land afterwards), and then was triple-teamed for the rest of the war. During this one single alliance war, I got roughly seven times as many casualties as iFOK's #1 nation has acquired in its 904 days of existence.

At my low point, I was at 1.4K infra. I rebought to 2K infra multiple times during my first week in order to preserve my navy.

[quote name='Choader' date='24 June 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1277427599' post='2349314']
And yeah, Invicta was wrecked. I was there for it. Props for keeping some of your members from deleting.
[/quote]
Some?

lol. We lost something like five members during the war. Yes, we lost nation strength, but that's not really that important when you have spirit.

[quote name='potato' date='25 June 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1277477075' post='2350011']
But we're on Aqua?! :blink:
[/quote]
I think he means FOK/iFOK.

(Back on topic)Im still hoping to be wrong on this and look forward to those fireworks. :(

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1277419210' post='2349204']

[/quote]

[quote name='Haflinger' date='25 June 2010 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1277435862' post='2349532']
Are you really kidding?

I fought six on one for a week (five of my opponents had WRCs; I was nearly at zero land afterwards), and then was triple-teamed for the rest of the war. During this one single alliance war, I got roughly seven times as many casualties as iFOK's #1 nation has acquired in its 904 days of existence.

At my low point, I was at 1.4K infra. I rebought to 2K infra multiple times during my first week in order to preserve my navy.

[/quote]

So, wait, which one is it? This couldn't possibly be Haflinger making up rubbish to suit his argument? :blink:

Edited by Shovel

[quote name='Shovel' date='25 June 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1277508161' post='2350450']
So, wait, which one is it? This couldn't possibly be Haflinger making up rubbish to suit his argument? :blink:
[/quote]
You know, after the war was over, I had warchest left over, and rebought infra.

You don't do that? :blink:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 June 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1277508539' post='2350453']
You know, after the war was over, I had warchest left over, and rebought infra.

You don't do that? :blink:
[/quote]

That isn't what you said...which one is it?

[quote]At my low point, I was at 1.4K infra. I rebought to 2K infra multiple times during my first week in order to preserve my navy.[/quote]

or...

[quote]If you think my nation was wrecked, you really weren't paying attention to the war reports.[/quote]

You guys did enough gather intels on my nation. Yes, I fought - I didn't just sit in dove.

I took a pretty major NS hit from lost infra and land during the war.

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/llonach_chart.png[/img]

That was my chart on February 27th.

But I never got close to running out of warchest. At the end of the war I still had more cash left than any of my opponents had had when their wars started with me.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='26 June 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1277509239' post='2350463']
You guys did enough gather intels on my nation. Yes, I fought - I didn't just sit in dove.

I took a pretty major NS hit from lost infra and land during the war.

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/llonach_chart.png[/img]

That was my chart on February 27th.

But I never got close to running out of warchest. At the end of the war I still had more cash left than any of my opponents had had when their wars started with me.
[/quote]

Okay that's great. But your nation still got wrecked? Thanks for clarifying that one.

[quote name='Shovel' date='25 June 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1277509483' post='2350467']
Okay that's great. But your nation still got wrecked? Thanks for clarifying that one.
[/quote]
Evidently you have a different definition of "wrecked" from mine.

Mine involves a permanent loss of useful NS. Most of the NS I've shed is in the form of lost land, which is a well whatever thing for me now. :)

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='26 June 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1277549335' post='2350862']
You sat out the first 2 weeks of war Haflinger. And ye I fought for over 4 weeks, also a full week against some of the best TOP nations. No wonder I have less infra than you.
[/quote]
First ten days, actually. I came out on February 13th; Invicta declared on Nordreich on February 3rd. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80819

In the first half of the totally unconnected war against R&R, I wasn't given an R&R target. Monos Archein did hit me right before the general white peace, but it didn't work out so well for them. That war was admittedly brief.

(OOC - I went to dove because there were electricians in my home, rewiring the whole house, and I wasn't sure if I would have electricity on a day-to-day basis. As it turned out, I did actually have electricity at some point each day, but there were some pretty long gaps especially on the day when they put the new box in. After the new box was in, and it appeared to be working properly, I came out of dove. That night I dropped 18M in war aid and declared on three targets, one of which was bigger than me. Since that night, I've had 3M in aid to an Invicta nation on every active FA slot.)

However, if you think I couldn't have fought for another four weeks, you're sadly mistaken about the size of my warchest. I was spending about 2M or 3M a day down there, mostly on spy missions; it was kindof a joke, especially when compared to the amount of warchest I was destroying with those spy missions.

[quote name='Shovel' date='25 June 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1277509483' post='2350467']
[/quote]

To be fair there wasn't anything he could do to prevent that. Being on the losing side doesn't necessarily mean you're awful at war. It's a numbers game coupled with activity. If you're active you'll dish out damage, if you're on the winning side, you'll dish out even more.

Nearly everyone gets wrecked, but those with a warchest recover to fight another day. There's no finer example than Matt Miller.